little things • niam

By babyboyminie

"you still have to squeeze in to your jeans, but you're perfect to me." liam falls head over heels for niall... More

little things
ch. one
ch. two
ch. three
ch. four
ch. five
ch. seven
ch. eight
ch. nine
ch. ten
ch. eleven
ch. twelve
ch. thirteen
ch. fourteen
ch. fifteen
ch. sixteen
ch. seventeen
ch. eighteen
ch. nineteen
ch. twenty
ch. twenty one
ch. twenty two

ch. six

5.2K 254 51
By babyboyminie

The next day Niall wasn't at work. Of course Liam noticed, but Louis did too. He had a sinking feeling it was because of him. During lunch he sat at his desk working on something while Liam was eating some leftovers he had packed with him. Louis looked over and noticed Liam just playing with his food and staring off at nothing.

He let out a sigh. "I think I've upset him." He said.

Liam blinked once before looking over at Louis. "Who? Zayn?" He asked.

Louis shook his head. "No, Niall."

The taller brunette frowned at him. "Niall? Why would you do that?" He asked. Even if Niall rejected him Liam was still head over heels for the blonde boy.

Louis let out another sigh. "I talked to him about you yesterday after work."

Liam's eyes widened a bit before his frown was back. "Lou, why? I get that you care and I'm thankful it. But this was best left for me to handle."

"I know. But it just made me mad he didn't want to give you a chance. You a great guy Liam. It made me even angrier to find out he liked you back. It seemed like such a douchebag thing to do. Reject you even though he likes you. And I confronted him for it. But I guess I probably shouldn't have." Louis explained, looking down at his keyboard.

Liam sighed this time and ran a hand through his hair. "Damn it, Lou. I appreciate it but now he's probably angry with you and you didn't need to bring this upon yourself."

"Well if he is angry with me I deserve it. I assumed his life was going perfect right now. And well, maybe he could be but it's not exactly easy for him. I won't say. He'll have to tell you when he's ready."

Liam looked down at his food, sighing in defeat now. "That's if he'll ever be ready."

Louis watched Liam stare longingly at his plate as he pushed his food around. He needed to fix this mess.

And that's how Louis found himself standing outside the door to Niall's flat. He took a deep breath and knocked on the door a few times. If opened not even a minute later.

"Can I help you with anything, Louis?" Niall asked. And the brunette couldn't help mentally sighing in relief when he didn't hear any malice of anger in the Irish lad's voice.

"I came to talk and apologize." He answered. Niall eyed Louis warily for a moment before stepping aside and letting the boy in. He closed the door and walked in to the living room, sitting down so Louis could explain. He sat down on the other end of the sofa and looked over at Niall. "First I just want to say I'm sorry. For snapping at you, for assuming when I shouldn't. I had no right to say the things I did."

Niall shook his head. "I don't blame you. You're a great friend, sticking up for Liam like that." He cut in.

"Maybe but that doesn't give me a right to be so hostile towards you. I didn't know. I didn't know and so I assumed and in turn I made you tell me something that wasn't any of my business."

The blonde bit his lip. "You um, you didn't tell Liam right?" He asked. "I know I said all that yesterday about telling him so he'd leave me alone but that was the hormones speaking."

Louis gave Niall a reassuring smile. "This isn't for me to tell. Your secret is safe with me, Niall."

"Thank you, Lou." Niall returned the smile.

"Now, I know this is what you were trying to avoid but can I tell you something?" He asked. Niall looked blinked but nodded. "Liam is one of the nicest guys I've ever met. Nicer than me for sure. Nicer than Zayn. He's been a lot nicer than most friends I've ever had. He has a heart of gold. And to be honest, it's too big. Sometimes he's too nice. He's forgiving and understanding. I know for a fact he's not mad or upset with her. He's sad but he still cares about you. Even if it can only be as a friend. I told him what I did. That I talked to you. And he wasn't happy about it. He didn't like that I upset you and he didn't like that you were mad at me."

Niall let out a sigh and buried his face in to his hands. "I wish it was that easy, Louis. It's not Liam at all. It's that I'm scared. When I told my ex-boyfriend I was pregnant he didn't take it well at all. He got angry, broke a few things, and stormed out. I never saw him again after that. And because of that I'm just not sure about dating when I'm still vulnerable, ya know?"

Louis moved closer to Niall and wrapped and arm around his shoulder. "Hey it makes perfect sense to me. But as someone who has been friends with Liam for years I can tell you Liam would never, ever react that way. He'll be shocked but he loves kids. Besides he'll do anything to be able to take care of you. Especially if it was during your pregnancy."

Niall looked up at Louis. "But I'll have mood swings."

Louis shrugged. "And he's gonna know that. He'll know you're moody and it's not you."

"Weird cravings."

"He loves to cook so he'll throw together anything for you.

Niall blushed. "Um, I'll be horny at random times..."

Louis barked out a laugh. "Trust me, he's not gonna complain about that." Niall's blush deepened. "Please give him a chance? I'll take the fall for this. I'll be here for you and I'll tell him off if he freaks out and takes it the wrong way."

"Louis, I couldn't have you do that to Liam. He's your friend."

"Yes he is but I know him. I expect better of him. If he rejects you back all because you're pregnant then he's the asshole."

Niall sighed and sat up straighter, placing a hand on his stomach. "What do you think, bug?" He asked, talking to his yet-to-exist baby bump.

"Bug and Louis think Niall should give Liam a chance." Louis mumbled in a high voice causing Niall to laugh.

The blonde look over at the other boy. "Okay, I'll giving him a chance. If he still wants me that is."

Louis grinned. "Oh trust me, darling, he's not gonna stop wanting you any time soon."

Niall took a few deep breaths as he walked down the hall to Liam's flat. He was nervous. He wasn't sure why but he was. He stopped outside the right door and took another deep breath before raising his hand to knock.

But just as he did the door opened and Liam stopped in his tracks, freezing in the middle of slipping on his coat. "Niall?" He asked. "What are you doing here?"

"Um, I've come to talk. But if you're heading somewhere I'll just go." The Irish boy quickly said, turning on his heels. But before he walked away Liam took his arm gently.

"Actually I was going out to get something to eat. Would you like to come?" He asked. It was a long shot, he knew that. But he couldn't help but ask. What he wasn't expecting was Niall to smile.

"I'd love to." He replied.

Liam's eyes widened. "R-Really?"

Niall nodded. "Yes, but I'll explain more once we're there okay?

Liam nodded as well and they two of them headed out of his apartment complex and to the sushi restaurant a few blocks down. Niall was hoping Liam was going to take the news well. Since they were going to be in public he didn't want to cause a scene.

Once they ordered first then found a booth. Niall of course got the shrimp tempura and California rolls. He couldn't have raw fish but he also didn't like it either. Liam ordered some special they were having, just making a face the entire time.

"You don't like raw fish?" Liam asked.

Niall stuck out his tongue. "No, yuck." He answered and Liam chuckled. "Okay so, is it okay for me to talk here?"

"Yeah of course."

Niall took a deep breath before he just decided to blurt it out. "I'm pregnant."

Liam blinked a few times. "Come again?" He asked.

The blonde sighed "I'm two and half months pregnant with my ex-boyfriend's child." He repeated. "That's um, that's why I didn't say yes to going out with you." He looked down at the table.

"It's your ex-boyfriend's baby?" Niall nodded. "Is he still around?"

The Irish boy shook his head this time. "No, he stormed out when I told him I was pregnant. He was angry and it was clear to me he didn't want anything to do with this baby or me anymore."

Liam reached over and took Niall's hand in his own. "So you said no because you thought I'd leave too once I found out you were having a baby?"

Niall bit his lip and nodded. He felt tears welling in his eyes and he reached up to wipe them away. Liam frowned, getting up and walking over to the other side of the booth, sitting down next to Niall and wrapping an arm around him. He pulled him closer.

"I wouldn't do that to you. When I said I really liked you I meant it. That means I'm willing to take everything that comes with you. I love kids and I had always wanted some of my own. This baby may not be mine, but that doesn't mean I won't care about them."

Niall sniffled, trying not to cry. "Do you mean that?" He asked. "If you want to date me you have to promise not to leave when things get hard."

"I promise Niall." Liam replied, kissing the blonde's forehead. "You have my word."

"God, Louis was right. You do have a heart of gold." He mumbled against Liam's chest with a fond smile.

Liam chuckled. "So I've heard."

-----

Remember how I said I couldn't get them together quickly for sake of the plot? Apparently I lied because it's chapter six and look, they've gotten together. I'm just so damn impatient. Anyway! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.

Leave me love, please! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

336K 8.7K 27
❝You're such a fucking slut❞ ❝We'll see who's talking when you come back begging me to fuck you❞ WARNING: This story will include graphic sex scenes...
12.1K 707 30
Hey so I am writing this currently... some updates will be slower than others but I am trying my very hardest to make them as frequent as possible wh...
12.5K 196 47
You don't always get to choose who you fall for.
265K 8.6K 42
"He can fuck you good but I can fuck you better." ©Copyright 2015 Smiley_Miley_