little things • niam

By babyboyminie

"you still have to squeeze in to your jeans, but you're perfect to me." liam falls head over heels for niall... More

little things
ch. one
ch. two
ch. three
ch. four
ch. six
ch. seven
ch. eight
ch. nine
ch. ten
ch. eleven
ch. twelve
ch. thirteen
ch. fourteen
ch. fifteen
ch. sixteen
ch. seventeen
ch. eighteen
ch. nineteen
ch. twenty
ch. twenty one
ch. twenty two

ch. five

5.1K 242 39
By babyboyminie

It's been two months since Niall had first walked in to Liam's life and the brunette was more than certain he was one hundred percent head over heels for the blonde boy. As they said, the spent every Friday and Sunday and other days as well at Niall's flat. It was safe to say that the four of them have become super close. They even all became good friends with Niall's best friend Harry.

Liam, however, wasn't any closer to asking Niall out. Each time he tried he would back out, feeling too nervous and afraid. But he knew he had to do it soon. He didn't want to miss his chance. Niall was friendly and got along with everyone. Everyone loved him, how could they not? Liam was surprised no other men had tried to make a move.

Today it was just Niall and Liam having a movie night. Zayn and Louis had other plans and Liam felt bad for being happy they couldn't make it. But when Niall opened the door, dressed in a big sweater and cozy looking sweat pants, the taller boy could be bothered to feel anything but warmth.

"Hey, Li." Niall said as he let the boy in. Liam walked in holding up a bag of take out.

"Chinese tonight, sounds good?" He asked. Niall nodded.

"Chinese is good every night." Niall laughed as they walked in to the kitchen and Liam set the bag on the counter. They served themselves food before walking in to the living room to settle on the couch. Tonight was part two of their Harry Potter marathon and they were on third movie.

By the end of the fourth movie and their night, the two were cuddled up together. Liam carded his hand through Niall's hair and Niall had his head rested on Liam's chest. The brunette couldn't be happier. As the credits rolled Niall let out a yawn and sat up.

"Okay, I think that's all I can handle for tonight." He said with a slightly sleepy smile.

Liam nodded. "Um, there's something I want to ask you..." He mumbled.

Niall rubbed his eyes before looking up at the taller boy. "What is it?"

"Do you um...do you think I could take you out on a date?" He asked.

Niall blinked at that. "W-What?"

Liam coughed. "I was wondering if you would go on a date with me."

"Liam I...I don't know." He began. "You're really great Liam, and I like you. But I don't know if I can go out with you."

Liam said up and looked at Niall. "Is there a reason?" He questioned. "You said you like me? I really like you."

"I know you do. And Liam yeah, I think I do like you but I really can't date right now. It's not you a promise. I just can't date. Not for a while. And I don't want you to wait for me."

"I don't mind waiting, Niall."

The blonde shook his head. "Liam, you're not going to be willing to wait that long for me and then even if you do you're not going to want to be with me."

"How do you know that though, Niall? I've been wanting to be with you since the day we met. And we only got closer since and now all I know is that I really, really like you." Liam explained almost desperately. He took Niall's hand in his own. "I wouldn't still be asking if I knew you didn't feel the same but you do."

Niall could only sigh. He didn't want to do this to Liam. He didn't want to mess up the friendship they had. "Liam, I think you should leave."

The brunette let go of Niall's hand and blinked. "What?"

"Please, Li, just go." The Irish boy looked away, not wanting to see the look of hurt on Liam's face.

Liam just nodded and stood up, grabbing his coat before walking out of the flat. Niall flinched when he heard the door slam shut and that's when he realized he was crying. He got up and headed to his room, deciding that he was going to head straight to bed in order to take his mind off of Liam.

Liam found himself sitting on his sofa staring at a black TV screen. He missed the knock on the door before it opened and Louis walked in. He didn't say a word as the older lad headed over to the sofa and sat down next to him.

"Okay I texted you some good news and I got no reply. You didn't brag to me about how your time with Niall went. You didn't open the door or complain about me coming in without you letting me in. And I find you sitting here staring at a black TV. Liam, what happened?" HE questioned.

The Wolverhampton lad was quiet for a while before he let out a groan and buried his face in to his hands. "I screwed up. I don't know how but it's clear that Niall doesn't want to be any more than friends." He explained.

Louis' face soften a bit. "Did you ask him out?" He asked, rubbing Liam's back.

"I did. And he said he couldn't. He even told me he likes me too. So it's not like the feeling isn't mutual, ya know. He just says he can't date and that he doesn't want me to wait for him." Liam let out a sigh. "God, I know this is cliché and I know I'm probably just smitten. But it's different with him. I meant I'm twenty-three years old with a high school crush on my co-worker and close friend. But it just feels like he's more than that, Lou. God, I'm pathetic."

Louis shook his head. "No you're not, Liam. You're human. You have feelings for another person and there isn't anything wrong with that. Maybe Niall has a really good reason? Don't give up. He likes you. We just have to find out what's keeping him from giving you're a chance."

"I don't know, Lou. This rejection hurt more than I thought it would. I don't want to go through it again." Liam let out another sigh.

The shorter boy nodded. "I understand. You should get some sleep though. I know you want to stay awake wallowing in self-pity but we're not going to let that happen."

Liam nodded as well. "Thanks, Louis." He said, standing up. Louis stood up as well and gave Liam and hug, saying good night before he left. Liam trudged to his room and kicked off his shoes. He tossed his shirt asides and stepped out of his jeans, slipping on a pair of sweats he found on the floor. He then crawled in to bed.

He knew this wasn't the worst rejection he ever had. But it felt a lot different. Not only because Niall just felt different but because he knew Niall liked him back. He was so close yet so far.

The next day Niall noticed Liam was missing. He knew the brunette worked today. He was hoping it wasn't his fault. But he knew it was. Zayn seemed oblivious, thinking Liam was probably just sick and going about his day with Niall and Louis like it was just another day. But Niall could tell Louis was the opposite.

He knew the shorter brunette was giving him the cold shoulder. He knew why and he didn't blame Louis, but Niall wasn't the bad guy here. At least he hope he didn't seem like it. By the end of his work shift Louis was still that way and Niall just wanted to head home. He walked out to his car only to see Louis leaning against it.

"Hi, Louis." He ventured, hoping the other was in a better mood now.

"Hi, Niall. We need to talk." He said.

The blonde sighed. "It's about Liam, right?" He asked. "I don't really want to talk about it Louis."

"Well you need to. No offense Niall, but other than this magazine I don't see what else you have in your life that's keeping you from giving Liam a chance." He began, arms crossed.

Niall frowned at that. How dare Louis just assume his life was all kitten and rainbows? "All offense taken because you don't know what's going on in my life. You can't assume everything is okay. You can't assume that it was easy for me just to turn Liam down."

"Then why did you?" Louis asked. "He's an amazing guy who really, really likes you. It's one thing for you to tell him no because the feelings aren't returned, but you told him you liked him too. You dangled hope right in front of him then snatched it away!" Louis threw his arms up in the air to emphasize his anger.

"I told Liam the truth. Just because I like him doesn't mean I'm ready to put myself in to a relationship. There are reasons Louis. Reasons that aren't Liam's business. They aren't yours either. I shouldn't have to explain why I turned him down." Niall said, voice firm, walking up to the driver's side and unlocking the door.

"They are my business when it makes my best friend upset. Niall I thought you were a cool guy. Someone who wouldn't just be an asshole and play with someone's feelings." Louis spat, stepping away to look at Niall better.

Niall was so close to fuming now, one hand on the door handle. "I didn't play with his feelings. And if you think so that's not my fault. Sometimes in life you have to be selfish. I'm looking out for me. I'm not ready to put my heart out there just to be broken. And don't you dare try to give me this whole lecture on how it's me who broke Liam's heart and not the other way around. Maybe he wouldn't break mine but I can't afford to take that risk. Not when I'm not the only person I'm looking out for."

Louis rolled his eyes and crossed his arms again. "What is that supposed to me?" He scoffed.

And Niall finally had enough. He turned around to face Louis. "I'm pregnant. That's what it means, Louis! It's not just me. It's me and a two month old fetus growing in my stomach. If Liam wants to date me it's not just me. My baby comes along with the package. But I'm sure that'll be enough to turn him off won't it. Maybe if I wanted him to stay away I should have just told him I'm pregnant with my jerk of an ex-boyfriend's baby and I'm being forced to go through this pregnancy and raise them alone!" Niall laughed humorlessly. "Yeah that'll make him run away. No way in hell he'd keep pursing me after that. You know what? I can't be stressing out like this and my hormones are starting to take over. So fuck you, Louis."

With that said Niall got in to his car and drove off, leaving a stunned and speechless Louis standing in the parking lot alone. He was hoping to get some answers from Niall but he wasn't expecting anything like this.

-----

So I wasn't exactly planning on this chapter to happen so soon but there we go. Louis knows now. Will he tell Liam? Or let Niall do it? Stay tuned to find out.

Leave me love, please :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

296 20 1
so i don't run right into you liam and niall had a complicated past. or should i say a complicated breakup? because the love they shared, seemed to...
12.5K 196 47
You don't always get to choose who you fall for.
1K 118 57
Lovers ripped at a young age finding each other in the place they both call home. They can finally start their fairy-tale. However, their love is al...
3.7K 137 36
The life of a perfect couple is absolutely going well. Until he fell in love with a random stranger. How could this be?! He was already dating the mo...