Enticing (Harry Styles AU) #W...

By NatalyCanez

They were like Romeo and Juliet; fated to fall in love or maybe...just fated to fall. Cover made by: @JonasKr... More

Introduction/ Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
*The Fanfiction Awards 2016*
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Important Questions!
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Playlist and Song Suggestions
Thoughts and Important Info
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
I Need To Say This
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Intermission
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69.
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
The End
The Fanfiction Awards 2018
BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT!

Chapter 18

4.9K 164 49
By NatalyCanez

Playlist:
La vie en rose- Louis Armstrong

Harry's POV

I let my knuckles hit the wood, allowing a knock to echo from the door. Shoving my bag further up on my shoulder, I glance at my feet waiting for the door to open.

Gosh, I really hope I'm doing the right thing.

I lift my head up hearing the door click open.

"Harry?" Gemma blinks at me confused. "What are you doing here so early? Don't you work today?"

"I need your help." I say, ignoring all of her questions.

Unknown's POV

"You really think I wouldn't find out!" I roar, looking at the stupid prick right in the eyes, taking a menacing step towards him. He stays quiet gazing up at me with wide blue eyes.

"I have no idea what-"

"Come here!" I growl, not wanting to hear his pathetic excuses, grasping his jaw in my hand pushing him back into the wall.

"Hey, get off me!" He protests. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"You think I wouldn't find out right?" I say through clenched teeth. "I knew something was up the first day I saw you."

"Nathan." I add, narrowing my eyes at him.

He laughs, shoving me away making me loose my balance for a split moment.

"So the cat is out of the bag huh? He smiles, licking his lips. "Took you long enough."

"You son of a bitch." I curse reaching out grabbing the front of his shirt, roughly slamming him back into the wall making him groan by the sudden harsh impact.

"I want you out of Ryder's life." I order, clenching my jaw. "Or I swear to God I'll live up to my old reputation and put a bullet right through your fucking head." I hiss, before releasing the grip I had on his shirt taking a step back. Before he could say anything, I pull my arm back punching him right in the jaw making him fall back, sliding down the wall onto the floor.

"You have today, or I will kill you." I warn, looking down at him as he wipes the blood off his lip with the back of his hand. Taking my gun out from my holster I shoot a bullet a few inches from where he was sitting making him jump.

"You know that I never miss." I hiss, tightly holding my gun in my hand lowering it down to my side. "Don't think about running away because I will find you."

Ryder's POV

"You are literally putting it all over my face." I complain, as Katie coats on lipgloss over my lips.

"That's the idea. I want you to look like you have makeup on." She teases, closing the lipgloss back up.

"Well, sorry for loving the more natural look." I say walking over to my long length mirror that hung on my closet door.

"I'm going to go put on my shoes, then we will be ready to go." Katie says exiting the room.

I turn to look back at my reflection and feel quite astonished as to how I look; and that Katie managed to find me a dress at a one day notice.

The strapless dress was a shade of dark blue, it clung nicely around the top of my body, a thick lace ribbon ran around my waist for definition as the bottom of my dress loosely fanned out around me. A pair of subtle black heels covered my feet, with a thin strap tied around my ankles. My makeup was a bit more defined that usual; my eyeshadow was a smokey brown color with eyeliner smudged on my lower waterlines with a nice winged liquid eyeliner and a few coats of mascara to lengthen my lashes. A coral shade of blush covered my cheeks along with a warm shade of bronzer adding shadowing to my face while my hair was curled and parted to the left side; reaching just over my shoulders. 

"Are you ready?" Katie asks, making me turn to look at her. She was standing in the doorway of my bedroom dressed in a pale blue dress with thin straps and delicate lace detail running along the hem. Her blonde hair was curled, half of it was pinned up into a bun leaving few pieces of hair framing her heart shaped face.

"Yeah, I am." I smile at her before walking to the bed grabbing my cellphone following her out the door.

"Come on, Ryder." Michael says standing in front of me. "Come dance with us."

"No, it's okay. You guys have fun I'm pretty sure Evan will be here soon." I say sitting in one of the decorative chairs at our round table.

Katie frowns at me. "Babe, the dance is almost over." She mutters sadly.

"It's okay. Just go have your last dance."

"Come on, babe." Michael sighs lacing his hand in hers before walking over to the dance floor.

Evan can't stand me up, can he?

"Ryder." I hear someone call my name I turn my head seeing Evan walking towards me, feeling a wave of relief was through me.

"Hey." I smile standing up, wrapping my arms around him giving him a brief hug. "I was starting to think you weren't going to show."

Evan nods, saying nothing and it's now that I take in his attire. He was dressed in his usual clothes, dark jeans, black t-shirt underneath a leather jacket and converse over his feet.

"What happened to your face?" I gape, starring at his busted lip.

"William got drunk last night." He shrugs.

"Where are your dance clothes?" I ask, frowning up at him.

"I didn't bring them." He says shaking his head. "I can't stay."

"What? Why?"

Evan looks away from me, pushing his hands into the pockets of his jackets. "I can't see you anymore." He mutters before diverting his eyes back onto me; my stomach dropping at his words.

"What?" I whisper, blinking at him confused.

"We just... It's hard for us to find time to see each other." He shrugs.  "Me being at work and you being in school."

I scoff." I just finished school Evan, I just took my finals. I'm done."

"This just isn't working out." He says shaking his head.

I scowl at him. "They why did you come and talk to me yesterday?" I ask, trying to push back the tears that we're starting to sting in my eyes. "Why did you ask for another chance? Why did you tell me you missed me if you were just going to breakup with me?"

"Because I thought it could work out but I did a lot of thinking after that."

I nod, biting my lips together.

"I'm sorry, Ryder." He says in a sad tone while stepping closer to me taking one of his hands out from his pockets, placing it on my shoulder, before leaning down pressing a kiss on my forehead.

I say nothing as Evan looks down at me for a moment longer before turning around walking away. I shake my head, letting out a deep breath to calm my uneasy nerves.

What just happened?

It was now the end of the dance, only a few people remained seated at their tables as they conversed among themselves while music still poured through the sound system. I sat at my table, starting down at my fingers in my lap, picking at my fingernails.

"You ready to go Ryder?" Katie asks, sitting in the chair beside me.

"You go." I mutter. "I'm going to stay a little while longer. I'll just catch a cab home."

"You sure?" She asks, frowning at me reaching over placing her hand over mine.

"I'm sure." I nod.

"Alright, we'll give us a call if you want me to come pick you up alright?" Michael says to me as they both stood up from their chairs. I nod as Katie leans down giving me a hug before Michael places his hand on my shoulder giving it a comforting squeeze. I give him a small smile before they both turn and leave.

I glance down at my cellphone on the table, next to my place mat, lighting up the screen. A picture of Evan displays on the screen and I immediately lock my screen back up again. I sigh, resting my elbow on the table placing my chin in my palm as Louis Armstrong's melody of ' La vie en Rose' starts to play. I flick my eyes up to the crystal ball that was slowly revolving around, causing little specks of white and blue pattern on the gym floor and walls. 

"Wow, so this is what a school dance looks like."

I turn my head and blink seeing Harry standing beside me with his hands shoved in the pockets of his black dress pants, his eyes scanning the room.

"No offense but this looks kind of depressing, makes me feel less remorseful for missing out on mine." He adds before moving his gaze down onto me.

"What are you doing here?"

Harry shrugs, moving a bit closer to me. "I got off work early, figure I'd stop by."

"What are you doing here alone?" He asks.

"Katie and Michael left." I shrug.

Harry hums. "So I'm guessing Evan didn't show, huh?"

"No." I shake my head." Well he did but..." I sigh.

Harry shakes his head, displeased, and I move my gaze down to my hands.

"Alright." Harry says walking over to stand in front of me holding his hand out towards me. I look up blinking at him confused.

"What?" I ask, furrowing my brows.

"Come dance with me." He smiles, his green eyes soft letting out ad mall chuckle.

I shake my head. "I don't-"

"The least I can do is give you a proper dance, love." Harry says gazing sweetly down at me. "Come on."

"Okay." I mutter placing my hand in his, standing up from my chair allowing him to walk us onto the dance floor.

Harry stops once we are in the middle, underneath the crystal ball before taking one of my hands in his while the other caresses my waist. He takes a step starting to dance us into a nice slow rhythm.

"I didn't know you could dance." I mutter, looking shyly up at him.

"It just takes a bit of practice." He says before releasing my waist giving me a gentle push, spinning me out before pulling me back into his chest. I giggle, making him smile.

"Now why would they leave you alone?" He asks, as we swayed back and forth.

I shrug. "Because I asked them to." I reply. "Now what are you really doing here, Harry? I thought your week off was over already."

"It is." He nods. "But I had to see if you were okay."

I shake my head, feeling my tears starting to well up in my eyes. I look down at our feet trying to blink they away.

How could I been so stupid? How could I have been so foolish to believe that Evan actually cared?

"Hey," Harry mutters, stopping our dancing, releasing my hand placing it beneath my chin before gently lifting my face up to look at him.

"Don't cry." He frowns. "He isn't worth it."

"Come here." He mutters releasing my chin before wrapping his arms around me pulling me into a hug and it's my undoing. I let my tears fall down my cheeks.

"Why does everyone leave?" I whisper between sobs. "My mom left, my dad is hardly ever around and now Evan left too."

"Shh, I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere." Harry coos. I sniff pulling away to glance up at him.

"How can you say that? You live in London, Harry. We barely even know each other. " I frown, looking up at him through blurry vision. "I'm just a fucked up girl you meet at a train station."

"You're not a fucked up girl." He disagrees shaking his head, his brows pulled together, frowning down at me. "You're just a girl who has had fucked up things happen to."

I blink at him, remembering the time I told him a statement similar to that a few days ago.

"I don't care that I live in London. I don't care that we just met." Harry says shaking his head disapprovingly. "I'm going to be here for you. I promise."

Harry's POV

As I say these words to her I vow to her and myself that I'm going to keep my promise. Ryder needs me, she needs someone to be willing enough to stay and I am willing. I may not be worthy of her but I will fool myself to believe so just so she won't be alone.

I do not have the slightest idea in what possessed me to make this decision, God knows I have tried to not even converse with a women; apart from my sister of course. But the more time I spend with Ryder the better understanding I have that she needs caring for.

"So how did it go?" Gemma asks standing in the doorway of my bedroom as I shrug out of my suit jacket.

"Fine."

"Where you right?"

"Yeah, I was." I say displeased walking over to me closet. "At least I gave her a proper dance."

"Thank you for helping me by the way." I add, placing my suit jacket on a hanger before placing it in the closet.

"Anytime. I'm glad to see that you are finally getting out of your bubble."

"Just because I'm helping her does not mean I'm going to date her,okay? Guys and girls can be friends too."

Gemma scoffs. "Yeah, right. Remind me you said that when you're bringing her over to meet me."

I roll my eyes at her as she turns around walking out of my room.

"Hey man, what's up?" Niall asks, as soon as I step into my house. I blink, seeing him sitting on the couch,shutting the door behind me setting my bag down on the floor.

"What are you doing in my house?" I ask, walking over tossing the keys on the small table.

"I came over to see if you wanted to hang out last night, turns out you weren't here." He shrugs, leaning back into the couch, crossing his leg over his knee.

"So you slept here last night?"

"Yeah." He nods. "So where were you?"

"Like you said I wasn't here." I say shrugging out of my jacket setting down on the arm rest of te one seated couch. "I was out."

"Where?"

"None of your business." I reply letting out a small sigh. "Now please stop with this conversation because I have to go shower and head off to work before I'm late again."

I shake my head walking over to the stairs.

"Again? When were you late? You're never late to work!" Niall exclaims in disbelief. I roll my eyes letting go off the railing, turning around to look at him. "Your work is practically all you're living for right now."

"Do I have any other purpose of living?" I grumble.

"Oh man, don't get all emotional on me that is what Sarah is for."

"Then stop asking me questions if you don't like my damn answers." I snap.

"Now, I'm going to go shower you can do what you like. You can leave or stay I really don't care." I say heading up the stairs.

Author's Note

Hey loves! Here is another update for you guys to read! I hope you like it.

What do you think Harry asked Gemma to help him with? What do you think happened to Evan's lip? I'm so sorry that the update is short, I really hope you guys don't find it annoying. Love you! Xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.7K 2.4K 34
γ€ŽβFree! x Male Reader Insertβžγ€ ‒ʙᴏᴏᴋ πŸ·β€’ M/n L/n quit swimming because of an event that happened during his childhood. He's tempted to join the Iwato...
105K 2.9K 58
The diner was found by accident. The rain was impossible and freezing, roaring down from the sky in sideways sheets that turned the asphalt into a st...
1.8M 73.6K 71
"@Ashton5SOS is now following you" // in which a fan gets a follow from ashton and they start dming, obviously. // Book 1 in the Social Media Series.
101K 2.6K 86
"There's just something about the bad boys that make the good girls fall in love." * He's cold,bitter,and dangerous. She's smart,witty and sarcastic...