Fearless Heart (Islamic Story)

By maryamgqamane

A muslim girl in a western world raised by a cultured mother . How will she cope ? More

INTO THE WORLD
360 DEGREE CHANGE
THE ACCEPTANCE LETTER
YES MOM I AGREE
YOU WILL BE MINE
SOFT ON ME
THE MALE FIGURE
THE BIG BANG
TWO IN THE ROOM
UNFORGETTABLE MORNING
FINALE
VOTE OF THANKS

PROMISE TO FIX IT

409 27 5
By maryamgqamane

11 YEARS LATER ...

Everyone shouted on top of their voices ,
"5....4....3....2....1...... Happy birthday !"

I was so happy and thrilled . My eighteenth birthday was off the hook .

It was a routine to plan every friend's 18th birthday . Reaching eighteen , meant maturity and total freedom and what other way to celebrate that , other than a popping birthday .

Lorraine had rented a small hall , just enough to fit all my friends from school . My mother was invited , but she would rather stay home and finish her work . She was an author , famously known for her horror genre books . All my friends thought she was cool , and wished for a moment to have a one on one conversation with her , answering their disturbing questions from the novels they read . It was a good choice she never chose to attend my party , because on anyone's birthday it's only fair the attention be on the birthday girl or boy .  

My face was clearly masked with happiness , I could not be any more grateful for the outstanding effort that went into the event planning , it was just what I wanted .

Red and gold was the theme . Every table covered in a gold cloth with red roses on display with some snacks laid out on the table . Disco lights illuminated every corner , especially the dance floor that was swarming with loads of guests . A cocktail corner was set , any drink of choice was available . My cake had not yet arrived but I really wasn't looking forward to it , unless it was chocolate cake .

Everyone seemed to be having the time of their lives , the playlist played by the DJ was lit .

In the midst of the funkiness , I spotted Lorraine pushing through the crowd on the dance floor trying to get her way to the stage .  

"Oh God , what is she going to do ?" I was filled with anxiety .

Lorraine was the craziest friend ever . She was a spontaneous individual who would do anything that came to her mind . Many people would take offense to what she said , and she also got in deep trouble in many occasions , but I could not take away the fact that whatever she said , was the plain truth or a stinging slap to reality .

I begged for God's mercy . I kept on praying she wouldn't do or say anything crazy .  The last time she went on stage was on my classmate Fred's birthday , and after that , we never saw him again , not at home , not in school , we saw him nowhere !

She tapped the mic thrice . 

"Can I have your attention please !"

Everyone looked up as they slowly stopped the rythm in their bodies .

"Please , please gather around !"  She continued .

"I am standing before you , not only  as Maryam's best friend but also as her soul sister. "

She paused and pointed to me .

"Maryam I love you so much , Happy birthday girlfriend . You have been the best for 11 years and I only wish the best for you . I want you to be my children's God Mother and I hope you live even longer to loose your virginity ! "

She smiled and clapped chanting the Birthday song .

Everyone in the party gasped and stared at me , as if I had committed a grave sin.

" I am a muslim , why can't they understand that I can't have sexual relations before marriage !"

I stood , frozen to the ground , thinking and almost on the verge of breaking down into tears . I could not take it anymore ; the ugly stares , giggles and live gossips that were happening right infront of me .

"Really? she is still a virgin?"

" no wonder she is boring in class ,"

" which world does she live in ?"

I ran out , straight to the nearest bathroom .

Losing one's virginity at one's teenage years was a culture for majority of the students , but not for me . Ummy always emphasised on such topics and she swore that if I went around sleeping with guys she would kill me! Really kill me ! and chop me into pieces , and also because it was against the beliefs of my religion .

"What should I do ?" I asked my mirror image trying to figure out what to do next .

The embarrassment caught me by surprise and I really had to fix it as my social life was at stake .

I had two worlds on my hands ;- Friends or Religion and Ummy , and it was clear that  I could not have them both .

Hectic ... !

Suddenly I heard a knock on the door .

"Who is it ? " I asked weeping

" It's me girlfriend ! "

It was Lorraine !

In a flash , I stood up , opened the door and slapped her !

"You know you didn't have to say all that ! A happy birthday would have been just enough for me ! "  I shouted .

I was uncontrollable , filled with disgust , temporary hatred and pure anger towards her . She was all I that I called a true friend yet she betrayed me ?

"I promise , I will fix it , Forgive me girlfriend ! " Lorraine sadly said as she tried to sooth me with one of her exclusive hugs .

I really had no idea what she was planning , I couldn't wait for my social life to be fixed . I was so desperate for peer recognition , that at that moment , I could do absolutely anything .

When she finished hugging me , she took me by my hand and led me to the hall once again . Everyone was looking and I could not bare it so I looked down  . Lorraine quickly sprinted to the stage and snatched the mic from the DJ !

"We are having the time of our night , but I would like to apologise to my dearest . I am sorry ! I did not mean to hurt you , please forgive me ."

I was so moved by her public apology . I nodded my head assuring her of my forgiveness , and we were friends again !

"But we have do something before the birthday lady can go home and rest .  So everyone get ready to play BALL and CUP ,"  Lorraine added .

Everyone jumped in joy while I had no idea what the game was .

"It wouldn't hurt if I tried the game , right? " I silently told myself .

Ready to play the game I felt a tap on my shoulder . I turned to look who it was and Gosh! My heart skipped a beat as my eyes couldn't stop blinking .

"Are you fine" He asked .

"Yes , yes , why ? I stammered .

It was Josh , the most handsome boy in school . I never had the guts to talk to him . I secretly had a crush on him for the past 11 years but a miracle happened in my favour , he talked to me first !

Just before I could start a conversation , Lorraine grabbed me by the arm and pulled me over.

"Its game time , Maryam you need to focus if you don't want to go home drunk ! "She whispered in my ear.

"What now?" I gasped .

"Yes Maryam ... when the opponent lands the ball in one of the cups you need to drink what's inside."

"And what's in the cup?"

"Vodka ! " she said , as she arched her eyebrows .

I had never tasted any alcohol before . I began regretting why I put myself in such a situation . I could spot Josh looking at me and this meant that now more than ever I had to be at my best in this coniving game . All the guests gathered around the table , screaming and some cheering .

" Drink it ! Drink it! Drink it! "

The opponent just began throwing the ball and it directly lands in a cup . My eyes widened as my eyebrows sunk , thinking ,

"Is Josh looking ?"

The cup was on my lips and the smell buzzed my nostrils . I closed my eyes as I felt the drink flow down my throat . It was disgusting !  I turned back giving Lorraine a dirty look that led her standing still and terrified . My opponent kept on winning which led me to drink more and more .

Suddenly , everything around me began to slow down .

"Was the world coming to an end due to my sin ? "

"Lo ..lo ..aarrain..nnnn.ee," I called for my friend .

My legs felt weak and at any time I was to land on the ground . I felt myself being pushed around and  then my eyesight went blank .

'Ring! Ring! Ring! Ring! ' I heard an alarm clock .

"I don't own an alarm ?" I thought to myself.

I slowly opened my eyes trying to recall what had happened .

Oh no! Josh was in front of me with a tray of food .

"Where am I? Where is Lorraine ? " I asked .

"Just relax Maryam ! "

"How can you ask me to relax when I don't know where I am or where my friend is ... did you do anything to me? Oh no ! Did I sleep with you ?"

The room went silent !

The more I thought about it the more I got convinced that I did it . I started hitting him on his chest , filled with confusion and crying out loud .

"Why did you have to do this to me ?"

" I didn't do anything Maryam . Lorraine asked me to bring you here . I was here whole night , watching over you ," he said moving himself towards me .

"I'm sorry , I'm sorry". My arms rolled around his , holding as tight as I could .

Lorraine walked in .

"Lorraine please let me go ... I need to go home now . Ummy will kill me ! " I said as I stood with intentions of no one stopping me .

I instantly dressed and started marching out .

I had to go home and most importantly explain to Ummy where I and with whom I spent the night .

Never did I ever spend a night outside !

'Was friendship worth a person disobeying their parent ? " I thought to myself as I increased my pace to the door ...

______
This is the longest chapter so far
I hope you enjoy it .

THANK YOU FOR READING MY SHORT STORY "Chapter 3 - (FEARLESS HEART , ISLAMIC STORY )  .

IF YOU LIKED IT , THEN SURELY VOTE & LEAVE YOUR COMMENT ON THIS CHAPTER .

UNTIL NEXT CHAPTER EDIT , STAY WELL .
xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 723 32
Assalaamu alaikum my fellow sisters and brothers! I am going to start writing a story for the first time in Wattpad, so please I need ur help and sup...
824K 35.9K 52
{Book One: Abdallah series} "I'm sorry jawad" I stammered feeling his warm breath fanning my face, and his dark eyes boring into mine, with hate evid...
176K 16.4K 73
Highest Ranking..../22-03-2020/ #2 in Nigeria #1 in Maryam #1 in Kareem #5 in Wattpad banters #16 in Muslimah #25 in Spiritual #41 in Watty #84 in Mi...
1.9K 167 20
This is a story of a young girl who was married because of her parents wish. At first she didn't love the guy but unlike her, the man was so in love...