Enticing (Harry Styles AU) #W...

By NatalyCanez

They were like Romeo and Juliet; fated to fall in love or maybe...just fated to fall. Cover made by: @JonasKr... More

Introduction/ Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
*The Fanfiction Awards 2016*
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Important Questions!
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Playlist and Song Suggestions
Thoughts and Important Info
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
I Need To Say This
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Intermission
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69.
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
The End
The Fanfiction Awards 2018
BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT!

Chapter 17

5.4K 168 50
By NatalyCanez

Ryder's POV

It was now the day of my final history exam, the rest of them have gone smoothly. Harry and I reviewed a few more things this morning but now it's basically if I know it I pass, if not we'll I don't.

"You will do fine." Harry reassures, as we walk down the hall. A few students, mostly girls, walking by kept eyeing us, before diverting their attention away whispering to eachother; most likely about Harry's attractiveness.

Yes, he is attractive I'll admit to that but I find it a bit annoying that they have to act his way. Plus, I'm pretty sure they are wondering what a guy like him is doing with a girl like me.

"You know you didn't have to walk me to class. Didn't you have to go back home?" I ask, glancing up at him, ignoring the probing eyes around us.

The last thing I need is to end up distracted and insecure before my exam.

"Yes, but I have a late shift." He explains."Don't worry about it."

"Hey, shorty!" I hear Gavin's voice greet. I glance forward seeing him walking towards us, dressed in a white button up shirt and dark blue jeans.

"Hey." I smile as he reaches over giving me a hug.

"Who's this?" Gavin asks looking over at Harry.

"I'm Harry." Harry introduces, before I could, extending his hand out to Gavin.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Gavin." He replies, shaking Harry's hand before letting go.

"So are you ready for our final?"

"As ready as I'll ever be." I reply unsurely.

"You 'll do fine." Gavin smiles."I'll go save us some seats." He says turning around walking into the classroom a few feet down the hall.

"Hey Ryder, what's this for?" Harry asks making me turn my head. He was standing close to the wall pointing to a small poster pined to a bulletin board.

"That's for the dance. The school committee thought it be nice to have a last get together for the seniors." I explain looking at the dark colored poster with gold colored lettering reading 'A night in Paris'

"Oh, are you going?"

"Well I'm not speaking to Evan so it's really unlikely." I begin. "But Katie is going with Michael and she thinks it's a good idea that I join them."

"And you don't?" Harry frowns.

"Well considering the last time I went out in public I almost got kidnapped and shot in the head..." I trail.

Harry chuckles. "Okay, let's go before you're late to class."

I nod turning around walking towards the classroom

"Hey, I have to make a quick call but I'll be right back okay?" Harry says taking his phone out of his pocket.

"Okay," I nod before he turns around walking around the corner of the hall.

I sigh, stepping in the entry way of the classroom. The seats were almost filled and our professor already has placed our exam sheets on each wooden desk. I scan the room and spot Evan in a seat right next to the window. He sees me raising his hand waving me over to him and as he does I realize that this is happening. I'm going to take my very last final.

No, no I can't do this. I'm not ready.

Quickly, I turn on my heel walking back out the door before turning to my left. I only take a few steps before I slam into someone. I groan looking up seeing Harry with his arms cross over his chest smirking at me.

Shit.

"Where are you going?"

"Bathroom." I mutter, looking up at him nervously.

"Mmhm, the girl's bathroom is on the other side of the hall, sweetheart." Harry smiles. "Looks to me like you're running away and trust me I know running away when I see it."

"Now, come on." Harry says uncrossing his arms, grasping my shoulders turning me back around.

"But I don't want to." I pout as he guides me back into the classroom.

"Running away huh?" Gavin smiles, as I sit myself down next to him.

"Yeah, but little does she know that I invented those words." Harry replies with a slight hint of humor in his voice.

"I hate you guys." I mutter crossing my arms over my chest. Harry chuckles.

"Okay, well I better get going." He says, glancing down at his watch. "Or I will be late for work. Text me later okay?"

"Okay." I smile as he leans down giving me a hug.

"See you later, Gavin." He adds before walking down the isle of desk out of the classroom.

"Alright class let's begin." Our professor announces at the front of the class. I take in a deep breath, picking up my pencil before reading the first question.

Harry's POV

I was sat at my desk fully dressed in my grey office suit, my black tie loosely hanging around my neck with the top buttons of my white shirt undone. Having to wear a suit is one thing, doesn't mean I can't wear it my own way.

I scowl down at the newspaper I was reading looking for any new reports of our suspect. My attention was taken away however when a vanilla folder was slammed on my desk.

"Agent Baragon did not graduate from the academy to do your reports." James says disapprovingly.

"What? I have no idea what you are talking about. I didn't make him do them." I say placing the newspaper down on my desk, looking up at him. "I gave those reports to Baragon as a gift."

"A gift?" James repeats, looking at me puzzled.

"Yes." I nod. "You always say that we have to report everything we do on our investigation so considering he is a new employee I'd figure I would hand them over to him."

"Why?"

"The reports were a gift towards his knowledge because now he has gone on his first investigation and knows how to fill out a report properly." I explain. "Which I'm sure he will thank me later."

James hums, not amused. "Wow, you really know how to make your way around things don't you?"

"Many years of experience."

"You and I both know you only gave those to Baragon because you were late to work this morning."James says pointing at me, a trace of a smile on his lips.

I shrug. "I admit nothing unless proven guilty."

"So why were you late?" James asks, sitting in the chair on the other side of my desk.

"My sister ordered new furniture and I was helping her movie it into the house." I lie.

James doesn't need to know about Ryder.

"Oh well next time let me know. I have to know where you run off to, remember that." James says in a warning tone.

How can I forget?

I nod.

"Hey James." A voice calls out. My attention turns to the entryway of my office seeing Drew from downstairs.

"Yea?" James says turning around in his chair.

"A call came in. Looks like there was a robbery at a jewelry store down at Oxford." Drew informs, glancing at the pair of us.

"Okay, go tell Peter to get the car going. We'll be there in a minute." James replies.

"Yes, sir." Drew nods, turning on his heel.

"Looks like we are going out today after all." James sighs, placing his hands on his knees standing up from the chair. "Let's go."

"Oh and I need you to pay attention cause I'm going to need a report." He adds.

Damn it.

I take in a deep breath while crossing my eyes ,annoyed, pushing my chair out from under my desk standing up.

"Oh hey James, speaking of letting you know. I need to ask you something." I say following him out the door buttoning up my suit jacket.

Ryder's POV

"I can't believe we are done with school." Katie beams as we walk side by side inside the local mall looking for an empty table to sit down at.

"Me either." I mutter shaking my head taking a sip of my warm coffee.

"Oh, there's one." Katie says pointing to a table a few feet away. I follow her to the small table sitting down across from her on the black metal chair, placing my coffee down on the wooden surface along with my black purse.

"So how did your final go?"

"I think it went well." I smile. "I was so nervous but as I was reading the question they just came naturally to me."

"Well I guess you have Harry to thank for that."

"I know." I nod placing my elbow on the table, resting my chin in my palm. "I feel like I have to pay him back somehow considering all the times he has helped me out."

"You'll think of something." Katie smiles. "So are you going to the dance?"

"I don't know." I shrug, looking away from her.

"Don't let Evan being an ass stop you from having fun." She scolds. "Has he even tried apologizing to you."

"I haven't given him the chance to." I reply taking a sip of my coffee preferring not to say anything about Harry's confrontation with Evan at the library.

"Well if I were you I'd make up my mind about what I want. Either dumb his ass or try to work things out."

"But I honestly think you deserve better." She adds.

"Right. Well we better get going or else it'll be hard to catch a cab back home." I say closing the book on the subject standing up from my chair.

Harry's POV

"Alright next question." James says across from me while I am hunched over my desk trying to finish the stupid investigation report. Quite frankly I would have been done ages ago, but with James asking me things over and over it's hard to concentrate.

"Do we really have to do this right now?" I ask, lifting my head up looking at him displeased. "It is getting late and we are the only ones who are left in the office."

"This is for your request of ending your sentence early." James says flipping to the next page on the packet he held on a clipboard. I shake my head going back to filling up my report.

"Alright next question, do you have a girlfriend?"

I clench my jaw immediately, stopping my writing, glaring at him. "Seriously?" I say in a hard tone.

How the fuck can he ask this question?

"Yes seriously, it's on here." He nods lifting up the paper for me to see. "They want to see if the people in your life are good influences or not."

I say nothing, quickly signing my name at the bottom of the page before closing the blue folder placing my pen on the desk.

"There, my report is done. I'm leaving." I say tossing the folder in front of him before standing up from my chair.

"Harry, come on." James groans as I walked around my desk. "Don't get upset you know I have to-"

"Don't get upset! You serious don't want me to get upset?!" I snap at him turning back around to face him. "How the hell can you say that?"

"Can't you answer the bloody questions yourself without asking me? I mean you know everything about me considering I have to tell you everything." I hiss.

James let's out a sigh, standing up from his chair. "Come on Styles, quit being dramatic."

"I'm not!" I glare at him. "I mean isn't it bad enough that I have to tell you everything?" I mutter, starting at him in disbelief. "That you force me to talk to Sarah almost every week about the same thing over and over again? It's like your torturing me on purpose. Don't you think that if I wanted to fucking talk about it I would have already!"

"Plus, I have no God damn clue why you want me to talk about it because it's not like it's going to change anything!" I yell at him, feeling a lump starting to grow in the back of my throat.

"It's not going to change the fact that I'm a sad excuse of a man." I swallow shaking my head slowly at James. "It's not going to return all the lives I took. Or the one that was taken from me."

"Harry I-"

"Nothing." I mutter stepping closer to him, pointing my finger.

"Nothing is going to change what happened and nothing and no one is going to change the hell of a life I'm living."

Ryder's POV

"Oh come on, Ryder please." Katie begs slumping herself down on the couch beside me as I drink a cup of hot chocolate. "Please come to the dance with us. It'll be fun."

"I don't know, Katie." I sigh shaking my head.

"Please come with us you won't regret it. Please!" She pleas grasping my hand between hers pouting at me.

Ugh, she has done so much for me the least I can do is endure a dance.

"If I go will you stop bothering me?" I smile teasing at her.

"Oh yay!" She smiles leaning over capturing me into a tight hug. I giggle.

"We have so much to do. We only have tomorrow to find you a dress." She gasps quickly standing up from the couch.

"I'm going to go call Michael and tell him you're  joining us." She smiles grabbing her cellphone off the coffee table before rushing out of the living room.

I smile, rolling my eyes while shaking my head before taking another sip of hot chocolate. The doorbell rings breaking the silence as I take another sip from my cup.

I sigh, placing my cup down on the table before standing up from my chair quickly rushing over to the door. I unlock the door turning the knob clicking the door open.

Evan's eyes quickly lock with mine as soon as I open the door; and I am rendered speechless.

It's Thursday he should be at work.

"Hey, love." Evan mutters, after realizing that I wasn't going to say anything. A small smile plastered on his lips.

"What do you want?" I ask quietly, shifting my weight on my feet.

"I want to talk. Can I come in?"

I bite my lips together, starring at him a moment longer before reluctantly stepping to the side allowing him to step into the apartment. I shut the door before turning around to face him. I watch as Evan moves over to stand behind the couch, his eyes casually scanning the room.

"Katie is in her room." I point out walking over. He nods, turning around to face me.

"So, you want to talk? Then talk." I say crossing my arms over my chest.

"Right," He nods. "Well I first wanted to say I'm sorry for the way I acted at the restaurant and I'm sorry we were the cause of you losing your job."

"I would have apologized sooner but you wouldn't let me."

"Hmm, imagine that."

"Babe, I really am sorry." He says taking a step towards me. "Just... I love you and I know I have a strange hell of a way of showing it but I do. "

"And I know you love me too." He adds, in a soft voice gazing at me with cautious blue eyes.

"I never said I didn't Evan." I mutter shaking my head. "I just... I don't understand why you have to be so harsh towards me."

"I was drunk, love." He says reaching over grasping both of my hands with his. "I guess I was trying to come off a certain way cause William was there. I know I hurt you I am sorry. Please let me make it up to you." He pleas.

"How?" I frown.

Evan purses his lips in thought before his eyes light up. "The dance. I'll take you to the dance." He nods, his eyes filled with sincerity.

"Well if you are making that promise than mean it, otherwise I'll kick your ass." Katie's voice interjects making my turn my head. She was standing a few feet away with her arms crossed over her chest, starting disapprovingly at Evan.

I bit my lower lip not sure what to do, looking at Katie to give me some sort of guidance.

"Well?" Evan presses, starring anxiously down at me.

"Okay, but if you screw this up I am done. Do you understand?" I say sternly locking my eyes with Evan's

"Completely."

After Evan left I decided to go to bed early after a long day. Feeling quite tired I laid in bed dressed in my pajama shorts and black t-shirt with my damp hair fanning on my pillow. Taking out my phone I type out a text to Harry to see how he is doing.

To: Harry
Hey, Harry :) were you late to work?

From:Harry
Just by a few minutes. How was your final?

To:Harry
I think it went well to be honest. Thanks to you.

From: Harry
See I knew you could do it:) so are you going to the dance with Katie?

I purse my lips together in thought not sure if I should tell him that I spoke to Evan.

To:Harry
Yeah I am. Hopefully I'll get the dance I've always wanted.

From: Harry
Wait, you've never actually dance with someone?

To: Harry
Not a slow song. Evan isn't much of a dancer :/

From: Harry
Well I hope you have fun with whoever you are going with:) I have to take care of a few things. Text you later love. Goodnight.

To: Harry
Goodnight.

Harry's POV

"So how was your week off work?" Sarah asks sitting across from me in a dark blue dress with a large black leather covered notebook held in her small hands.

It was now morning, the next day, and unfortunately before I get o leave where I am heading I have to have a lousy session with Sarah; despite of my rant yesturday to James.

It truly does piss the hell off of me but James isn't the one that is giving me these requirements the probation office is.

"Did anything out of the ordinary happen, Harry?" Sarah asks, in a soft secure tone which I'm sure she is using to make me feel comfortable but I'll never be comfortable. I keep my impassive gaze on her just a little moment longer before diverting my eyes to a random spot of my desk as my mind drifts into memories.

"Oh come on, Harry. It's chilly outside." Ryder groans beside me as we walk out of the restaurant. "The least we can do is go down the street to the coffeeshop. Please." She begs, clutching her hands together in front of her.

I chuckle at her enthusiasm towards coffee. "Alright, let's go get you your coffee." I say and we both turn around walking the other way.

"Wait, what?" She blinks at me. "You need to get one too."

"Not a big fan of coffee." I mutter shaking my head.

"Have you even tried it?" She frowns.

"Well, no." I admit shoving my hands into the pockets of my trench coat.

"What? Then how will you know that you don't like it?" I say nothing shrugging at her absentmindedly.

"We need to get you a coffee pronto." She says in a playful yet serious tone before grabbing onto my elbow tugging me into the coffeeshop with her.

"So what do you think?" Ryder asks, smiling at me as I pull the coffee cup away from my lips, swallowing the hot liquid down my throat.

"So this is your favorite coffee?" I asks, licking my lips.

"Yeah." She nods, taking a sip out of her own caramel latte. "Well, did you like it?"

"Yeah." I reply, because it's the truth. I did enjoy the flavor of it.

"Really?" Ryder asks, her smile widening. "See I knew you would like coffee is just about what you put into it."

"Well now I can say that I agree." I admit, resting my hands on the table leaning slightly forward. "However you got to cut me some slack, I mean once you drink the coffee down at the office I think you would understand my dislike towards the warm caffeine liquid." She giggles.

"Alright, Mr. Styles, I have a question." She asks, her brown eyes warm under the light hanging above us.

"Shoot."

"How many siblings do you have?" She asks, pushing her hair behind her ear.

"I have one older sister, who lives here in Manchester." I reply. "Which you already know about. Her name is Gemma."

"That's a pretty name." She comments politely making me smile. "Is that it?"

"I have a brother, he is a few years older than me but we really haven't spoken or seen each other since were kids."

Wait Styles, why did you tell her that?

"How come?" She frowns curiosity and concern crossing her soft features.

I shrug. "We just have a hard time getting along." I reply not wanting to go into deep details.

"Harry," Sarah says pulling me back to the present. "I know you hate doing these sessions but the sooner you answer my questions the sooner you get to leave."

"Now, did anything out of the ordinary happen the past week?"

I press my lips into a tight line, flickering my gaze back up to her. "No." I reply in a quiet, low, contrite voice.

Author's Note

Hello loves! How are all of you doing?

Here is the new update, hope you liked it! Please let me know.

What do all of you think so far? What do you think of Harry lying all the time? Is it a good or bad thing? What do you think of Ryder forgiving Evan?

Please don't forget to give me your thoughts in the comment section, don't forget to vote and share as well xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

333K 11K 37
"This is all my fault. Mine, yours and Lizas." I laugh bitterly. "If she hadn't told me to em-embrace this lifestyle-If you hadn't danced with me-if...
7M 225K 69
Trust is like a paper, once crumpled; it'll never be the same ever again.
28.7K 881 41
Can Jaden forget what happened and move on?? Her whole life she felt was so sour, that was until she found a drop of honey
582K 8.9K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...