The Lionfield Brothers ✔

By TheJadeWheel

Keira van der Laine's parents died three years ago in a tragic accident and her only remaining relative; Uncl... More

Prologue
1| ''Excuse you''
2| ''Trust me Bambi you ain't my type''
3| ''You can't be serious''
4| ''Good morning, love''
5| ''I'll see you soon belle''
6| ''What's up lil' sis''
7| ''Uhm no way José''
8| ''Not a word''
9| ''I'll never love you''
10| ''May I have this dance?''
11| ''Your usual''
12| ''That's Daniel?''
13| ''Lady Eluen''
14| ''How could you?''
15| ''Goodbye''
16| ''She's Nathaniel's fiancé''
17| ''Welcome to the family''
18| ''She betrayed me''
19| ''I loved her''
20| ''Daniel, he killed Daniel''
22| ''I found it''
INTERVIEW + Q&A
23| ''Isobel Frost''
24| ''Run''
25| ''What did you say?''
26| ''It was him''
27| ''This isn't over''
28| "Bind me"
29| "It's never too late"
30| Happily Ever After

21| ''You belong with me''

3K 220 20
By TheJadeWheel

A/N: Picture of Keira's childhood home in Caleburg in the media.

KEIRA

'Jett!' I shouted as he turned.

He had stayed still for merely a second before he disappeared from view. I had temporarily forgotten my injuries and upon trying to get up I hissed and fell back to the couch.

'You can't go,' Lady Eluen exclaimed, putting one hand on my shoulder.

'No,' I whispered, feeling tears pool by my eyes, 'I-I didn't want him to find out this way. I-Fück!' burying my face in my hands I sobbed, 'I'm so fücking stupid'.

JETT

Rage was everything I was scared of, and it embodied me.

It flowed through my veins, a searing hot emotion that burst past every single locked power I had. Through all the private lessons with Madame Mercy and the countless reminders from my peers that I needed to have full control over my Elrioud powers - I was finally failing.

'Jett?' Vince stood up once I reached the door, 'What is it? What happened?'

My friends had waited up for me when I told them I forgot to ask Eluen something. They now gathered by the door that would lead me outside, the door that would lead me to Edmund.

'Get out of my way,' I growled, shoving the arm aside that Blaze had placed in front of me.

'Hey, stop treating him that way,' Sorcha piped up, her arms crossing.

'Stop pushing your limits, Fyr,' I snarled before Blaze took a stance in front of his sister.

His upper lip pulled up and the red in his eyes was alight, 'Shut up about my sister'.

The power that rumbled up from inside my chest was uncontrollable but I could see the worried looks of my companions as the Lounge around us started to disintegrate.

'What is happening here?' a voice sounded and I knew it was Jaixon without turning around.

'GET OUT OF MY WAY,' I roared, watching them gather in front of the door.

'Look Jett,' Vincent held up his hands, 'no matter what's going on, we can talk about it. You need to calm-'

'SHUT UP,' I bellowed, my fists tightening so hard my fingers cracked, 'Let me out of here'.

'Get a grip, Lionfield,' Jaixon commented from the side and Pixie's wide eyes stared at me anxiously from behind Vincent's arm.

I took in a deep breath, 'You won't let me out?' The defensive expressions of my companions was all I needed, 'Fine,' I spat, 'I'll get out myself'.

KEIRA

'What was that sound?'

Lady Eluen and I both looked up at each other upon the sound of screams and the sound of something large falling; it sounded like explosives.

'Stay here,' she ordered once before she hurried off, in too much a haste to shut the door behind her.

Another loud explosion sounded and I cast one look at my wound before propping myself up by the elbows. There was a heavy feeling on my heart and the pit of my stomach was flipping cartwheels.

Something was wrong - I could feel it.

My legs felt weak and out of my control when I reached the door. How long had I not walked by myself? Nearly two weeks?

Feeling like an actual Bambi, I leaned against the walls as I made my way to the main floor of the Lounge. Letting go of the wall I stumbled the few steps towards the people gathered in the centre of the dance floor before my legs finally gave away and I fell to my knees.

When I looked up, I could hardly believe my eyes.

The ceiling had been torn through as if a giant fist had punched a hole through it. The edges of the ceiling were still falling but various people were working on controlling the damage.

The hole in the Elixir Lounge ceiling showed the dance floor above where Nathaniel and I had once slow danced. Further up an open sky showed and authorities were gathered everywhere. Different from policemen they wore black cloaks and were suspended in the air, their chanting echoing softly between the ruins and I watched as a near invisible barrier seemed to form over the hole.

It was only then that I looked forwards and my eyes frantically sought between the people.

'Jett?' I whispered before my voice found its strength again, 'JETT? JETT!'

'Keira!' a shout sounded and I watched Pixie run towards me. Her short hair bobbing before she kneeled down to me, 'What are you doing here? It's dangerous'.

'Where is he?' I locked my eyes to hers, 'Where is he? Is he okay?'

Pixie gulped, 'I don't know'.

'Where did he go then?' I shot out another question, feeling the air around me constrict.

This time, she didn't see anything but looked up and I followed her eyes to stare at the big gaping hole Jethriel Lionfield had made as his exit way before blackness washed over me.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

'...he just blasted a hole through the fücking ceiling...' Sorcha's muffled voice sounded from the other room.

A loud sigh sounded, 'I can't believe what Edmund did though... I would've never suspected him of it all,' Pixie sounded.

I stared at the ceiling, my fingers clenching the covers so hard my knuckles shone white in the moonlight. They had placed me in a private VIP lounge after I'd woken up and was too sensitive to be carried all the way upstairs. My friends were now next door, discussing the events of today while eating lunch.

It was midnight and I still couldn't believe he had gone.

'The boys will get him back,' Vincent's resolute voice sounded, 'I would've gone myself if Lady Eluen hadn't insisted on me helping repair the ceiling'.

'You're the only Elrioud here who has the power to repair it,' Sorcha's voice sounded once more and I bit back a cry.

It was all my fault.

I should've told him immediately... then he wouldn't have gone berserk. Would he? ...Could he forgive me?

Thankfully no one had been hurt during the blast but the Mythical Community was beyond angered that the Elrioud had blasted a hole through the ceiling of the Elixir Lounge, the elite dancing hall and the market above. They had repaired the latter first, afraid that the market would be exposed to Víran and humans.

What would happen to us now?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Three days later

'Has he talked to you yet?' Pixie asked as she rubbed salve on my wounds. Lady Eluen had agreed upon my continued use of Pixie's herbs - apparently they were helping.

I shook my head, my throat feeling dry.

Jett had been brought back the day after the incident, shut in between five different men; Blaze, Jaixon, Julian, Roran and most surprisingly Nathaniel. Apparently, he had been on his way to the Mansion to get some of his stuff when he ran into his brother  - ready to murder Edmund.

He had come in to see me but it had been awkward, and he'd excused himself soon after. He explained that he had  been hiding out with his wife and son, working on some personal issues.

'I'm going to leave soon,' he had said to me, guilt in his eyes, 'I can't bring Leila and Tommy here... there's just too much...' he hadn't even been able to utter the words but I knew what he meant.

They would be safer if they were farther away.

'Don't worry,' Pixie whispered softly, bandaging my wound up again, 'He'll understand someday'.

'Someday,' I couldn't help but choke out, looking away from her as tears threatened to spill from my eyes again.

'Look on the bright side,' Pixie tried, 'Your wound's nearly healed, you can even walk around now. You must be sick of being bedridden all the time, huh?'

When I didn't respond my friend sighed, squeezed my arm amicably before she left me alone to wallow in regret.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Nightmares plagued me every night.

The creatures I had dreamt of before who prodded and poked me, who killed me over and over again - they were gone. Instead, something more scary had come into their place.

The nightmare was nearly always the same.

I would sneak up on a creature, the hunter instead of the prey. And when I finally sunk my blade in between the shoulder blades of the beast, it would turn around as its scarlet blood flowed over my hands. But instead of leathery skin and bulging eyes, his skin was smooth and his eyes a greyish silver.

Jett always looked at me with accusation before he walked away and before I could apologise or even try to catch up with him, an ice cold hand was laid upon my shoulder.

Daniel looked at me the same way, and he always whispered the same thing, 'Look what you did'.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I woke up with a start, sweat beading my forehead.

Sucking in deep breaths, I waited till my heart calmed down before looking around the room. Automatically, my heart sped up once more.

Like a shadow, a figure stood over my bed. It wasn't a monster but a man, a man with piercing silver eyes.

'Jett,' I breathed, hardly believing he was actually here.

He didn't say anything for a moment before he said, 'You were screaming'.

'Nightmare,' I replied, peering up at him, 'What- I mean-' my voice stopped abruptly. I didn't know what to say to him, I really didn't.

We looked at each other in silence before his head dipped ever so slightly and he walked towards the door.

'Jett,' I called out, watching him stop and peer at me from over his shoulder, 'I-I'm sorry! I'm sorry I didn't tell you about Daniel earlier... I-I didn't know how to say it. I-I couldn't b-bear it.. I-'

'Okay Keira,' he replied, his voice strained before he slipped out the door and shut it behind him quietly.

I sobbed in the dark.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The trip back to Caleburg had been Lady Eluen's idea.

By now they all knew what Edmund had done. He had killed Daniel, just so my mother would die. The vision I'd seen of Daniel's death confirmed all our suspicions. My uncle had been working together with the Víran and Sorcha and Pixie had both confirmed that Principal Cobalt was probably a part of it too.

'He was too adamant on finding you,' Sorcha had explained.

How and why this had all come to place was still a mystery but Lady Eluen had said that more answers could be found if we acquired the other part of the necklace. Since the Sanafaté had been the link between Daniel and my mother, and we already had Daniel's part; Faté. We were going to hunt for my mother's part of the neckless: Sana.

With the Sanafaté reunited once more, there was a high chance we could find out more about what was happening.

And though my wounds had healed, and I had called Rosie to let her know we'd be coming over, I still felt nervous.

Calburg had memories I had left behind. First unwillingly but getting used to life in Metaine... I wasn't keen on the idea of coming back to the place where I had lost my parents.

'How much longer is the drive?' Julian called from behind me. The shapeshifter along with Roran had been sent along to join us on this ride. Jaixon and Lady Eluen were both needed in further repairs of Elixir Lounge.

The van was large but still felt cramped.

'Twenty more minutes,' Vincent replied from the driver's seat, his fingers entangled with Sorcha's who was in the passenger's seat, 'Quit your whining'.

The shapeshifter groaned from behind me and Pixie giggled once, 'Didn't know you got carsick'.

'I don't,' Julian pulled a face and I felt myself smile, there was something about the man that made me want to laugh even if I was in a bad mood, 'I hate being constricted in a little space with no boobs beside me to hold for support'.

'Blaze's breasts should be good enough,' Sorcha commented from the front seat and the van erupted into laughter.

'Oh fück off, Sorch,' her brother replied, crossing his arms though the corner of his lips was lifted.

I looked outside, spotting the motorcycle in the distance. Jett hadn't wanted to come in the van, and had been made to swear time and time again that he wouldn't just take off on his own. I watched him go, till he disappeared in the distance and my hand bunched the fabric of my borrowed sweater together; my heart hurt.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

My childhood home was still the same as I remembered albeit with faded paint and an unkempt garden.

Opening the door and sliding out, I watched the dirt under my combat boots with nostalgia before I walked up to the porch. The pain in my side now but a mere ache I could afford to ignore.

Rosie had said she would open the door - no one had bought the place yet for everyone in the small town of Caleburg knew what had happened to the previous tenants.

There was still suspicion in these parts; that spirits lingered in their old abode.

I only wished that were the case.

Pushing open our screen door I heard Sorcha mutter to the others 'give her some space'. I sent her a thankful smile past my shoulder before stepping in.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

My parents room was still the same. Same peeling flower wallpaper and cream coloured window seat. Though all the furniture was gone I could still remember sitting on the carpet when I was small, watching my parents stick the wallpaper up - teasing each other along the way.

Though no one was here, the memories were everywhere - in every nook and cranny of this small bedroom.

When they had just died, I had slept in this room every single day until Rosie took me to her house. Even then, I would sometimes be found back in this room, sleeping on the carpet drunk, in tears or both.

My eyes scanned the wallpapers until I saw the Flower.

On one of the tulips on the wall, I had once drawn a smiling face with my crayons. I had probably been five then, and instead of chastising me, my mother had sat down with me and helped me draw on wings and arms before kissing me on the head and whispering, 'You'll always be my tulip, baby girl'.

I walked towards it, sinking to my knees as I traced my fingers over the patterns before it became too much.

Covering my mouth and nose with my left hand I rested my head against the wall and cried. My body shook and for the first time in years I realised that my parents' death had created a void in my heart that was just too big to fill. Lately, I had found someone who might be able to fill it but with hiding secrets - I had chased him away too.

'I miss you,' I whispered, leaning my forehead against the flower, 'mom... dad...'

The sound of the door creaking open made me look up - Jett.

I wiped my tears before standing up, 'What are you doing?'

'You've been in here some time,' he answered monotonously, his eyes scanning my face before flickering down to the drawn tulip. He nodded once before saying, 'I'll give you some more,' and turning to step out.

'I already apologised,' I started, making him stop in his tracks, 'I don't know what else to say. I know I didn't have the right to keep that news from you,' my voice broke, 'but he killed my parents too.... his own sister...' more tears trickled down my cheeks and my voice became higher, 'He left me all alone in this world because of his greed'. He finally turned, and those grey eyes met mine for the first time for days while I continued, 'Do you not think the guilt weighs me down? My own flesh and blood betrayed me and the person I care about'.

'I would've murdered him,' Jett answered, his eyes cold, 'I would've killed him for the both of us'.

I shook my head, not even bothering with wiping the tears that were flooding my vision, 'Where would that leave me, Jett? Alone. You know what the scary part is?' I laughed bitterly, 'Even though he's done all of this he's still my uncle. I can never change that. What will become of me after that? I'll be alone in this world, completely and utterly alone, standing in between two worlds. And I? I belong to neither'.

Jett's jaw locked before he stepped towards me, catching hold of my wrists when I tried to wipe my face, 'You do belong,' he growled, so fiercely I felt my heart quicken in its pace but before I could ask him what he meant, he answered for me, 'You belong with me'.

What happened after was a blur.

There was a hot numbing kiss, a need that was filled with so much hunger and tension that I was so shocked I fell back to the floor. Jett caught me easily, his lips never leaving mine, his hot tongue swiping over the numbed seam of my lips until I let him in. I felt him lower me onto the carpet gently, his body covering mine and I realised that I needed him.

I needed his lips on mine, his hands on me, his skin against mine.

As if he understood what I wanted and needed the same thing, our hands slipped under each other's shirts and for the first time I believed that this was the truth. I believed the silent promise he growled possessively over and over again as he made me breathless with every searing touch whilst deepening of our kiss, 'Mine'.

A/N: SQUUUEEEAAALLL. Please vote and comment if you likey! Update next week, YAY. Love, J.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

354 43 25
Follow the extraordinary journey of Letavia, a young 24 year old young woman haunted by a relentless void of darkness that threatens to consume her...
2.8K 60 19
After beating Malix, the five incubi brother's decide to stay with Jasmine Anderson as summer slowly comes around for her, but then while she does wh...
174 58 23
3rd place winner for the romance category in the Nova Nexus awards!!! 2024 Amanda has been through a lot these past few weeks. Kidnapping, starvation...
622K 42.2K 54
[COMPLETED]✔ The Blood Magic Series |Book 8| 2017 Fiction Award Winner for Best Series ⁃⁃⁃❖⁃⁃⁃ Eris paid the ultimate price. Her unconditional love...