Why us? (Pokemon fanfic)

By shinymewgirl

Everyday for as long as she can remember Emma has forced herself to face everything alone. She wants to belie... More

Prologue
1- A way back home
2- Stalling
3- Home sweet home
4- This should be good
5- Promise me
6- Good luck with that
7- Getting ready
8- Descoveries
9- Find a weak point
10- Nightmares become real
11- Break down
12- A new companion
13- I will stand my ground
14- such a joyful pain
15- unbalanced battle
16- when will it stop?
17- how much worse could things get?
18- a bad guy?
19- desperate reach for freedom
20- experimentation
21- not a second time
22- The Guardian Angel
23- rainy night camping
24- together at last
25- Fighting back
26- Not a peep
27- Nightmares come true
28- Be proud of me
29- Burning hatred
30- The key to Purity
31- Stalkers, stalkers everywhere
32- The balance of three
33- A series of unfortunate events
34- Family reunion
35- Extended family tree
37- One down, two to go
38- An electrifying match up
39- Battle bonds
40- Battle with angels
41- Does anyone understand Shadow anymore?
42- It begins
43- Twisted memories
44- A new Dark Room
45- Whispers in the dark
46- A day off
47- Sweet dreams
48- Bad turns
49- The Testing Continues
50- Old habits
51- The testing ends
52- It will be okay
53- Escape
54- Almost home
55- Conciquences
56- Too much damage done
57- The Ultimate Wepon
58- Trust in me
59- Closing the rift
60- Comatose
Epilogue
Final thoughts on the 'Why?' series

36- The Legendary Plan

489 45 10
By shinymewgirl

"How the fuck do you plan on doing that?" I growled, flinching back slightly.

"Language dear Emma." Kathrine smiled. "I do not appreciate the use of profanity in my presence."

"Blame that asshole calling me a piece of shit my whole life." I snorted, jerking my thumb at Cyrus. "I probably would know what half these fucking words meant had I not been called them for two years straight."

Kathrine let out a long, low sigh as if trying to prove a point. "Since you won't do as I say Emma, I will have to resort to discipling you."

"Watcha gonna do? Send me to my room for an hour to reflect on what I've done? I think I'd like that better then remaining in the presence of you two assholes." I replied, rocking back on my chair once more.

"For every use of profanity I hear from you from this point on, I will give the order for one of the ten Pokémon of yours I have to be locked in a room with one of my forced mega-evolved Pokémon. If you go beyond ten, I will start with your brothers Pokémon, then your friends before Silver and... Red I do believe his name is join them. I am a fair person so your past disobedience will be forgotten but I will not be so forgiving in the future, do I make myself clear?"

The unmistakable metallic taste of blood entered my mouth when I bit down sharply on my tongue. While my older team member like Hope and Trust might be able to withstand the power of Team Rifts corrupted Pokémon, my younger three as well as Silver and Red's stood no chance against those things.

Gritting my teeth in frustration. "Fine." I spat out the venom coated word.

My biological mother was clearly proud of herself for getting me to agree to her wishes, smiling a smile that showed each of her pearly white perfect teeth in a way that made me want to punch out each and every one of them out but the lives of Silver and Red still hung over me like a dark cloud would.

"It took our team of researchers quite some time to figure out how tear a portal through Space itself to reach the Legendary Council at all. Our first thought was to catch Palkia, the Pokémon whom rules over Space itself."

"I know who Palkia is." My mutter came out at a just audible level. "I'm not an idiot."

The brunette glared at me before continuing. "But unfortunately... It was... Unavailable to us. Dex holder's from the Sinnoh region put a stop to Team Galactic's summoning of Palkia just before the downfall of Team Void where we met... A rather interesting ally."

"Shadow, I'm guessing?" I asked lazily as I rocked back on my chair.

"Yes, after the downfall of Void, Shadow was looking for a new means by which he would succeed with ideals a reality so we came up with a little compromise on that part, one where we would both get what we want but in order to get there, we need a very special key ingredient, I'm guessing you know what that would be."

"Is it a Ponycorn?" I asked like a child would on Christmas. "Oh no, I bet it was a Pegapony. Was it a Pegapony?"

"No." Kathrine replied flatly. "Now you will stop with the snarky remarks and take this seriously."

"Like I give a fudge about any of this." I said, throwing my arms in the air as my chair slammed forward.

Kathrine gave me a pointed look but I spoke before she did. "You said I could swear, fudge is a food, not a profanity." I smirked, mocking rocking back on my chair again. "I'm simply stating I care more about fudge then I do about the poop you're saying, now please continue with your monologue while I comprise a plan to stop it."

After a pointed look from my both my 'parents' I couldn't help but burst out laughing. "You do realise the downfall of every single organisation ever has always been the fact that they spill out their entire plan to the quote-unquote hero right? And for the record I am not a what, I am a who? I'm just as human as you are."

Ignoring my last statement, Kathrine simply turned upwards a devious smirk. "Not if the information I'm telling you is of some importance. You see, every moment of your life for the past two years of your life was planned a head of time. Team Galactic working with Team Plasma to help you unlock your full potential as Voice of Purity, Shadow and Natural killing you then resurrecting you with Shadow's sacrifice so he could steal the Legendary Heart, of course, there have been a few hiccups along the way, but nothing that could not be dealt with easily. Your Guardian Angel for one was not a thing I expected but her existence will prove helpful in the long run." Kathrine's voice was surprisingly even as each word came out almost as a purr that stuck ever sentence deep in my brain.

"That-- That's not possible!" I denied, gritting my teeth back in annoyance. "You can't simply claim to have controlled ever moment in my life until now, it's not possible."

"And why not? Because you have not noticed the admins of both Team Rift or Team Galactic monitoring your ever action for the past two years? The moment you stepped foot in Unova Emma, you were ours. Natural was easily manipulated into do our bidding and being the Voice of Reason made it all the more easier as I said, your Guardian Angel, Night I do believe you call her, forced him to even out the balance of light to dark so tugging his strings was easy enough, especially with Ghestsis being an old friend of mine."

"What, did you screw him to?" The question was almost an instinct one as my need to piss off anyone that pisses me off took control, not that I'm complaining.

This clearly... Did not please my mother as much as she did me and Cyrus visibly winced at the question. Well, I'm in deep shit now, that is a mental curse so it does not count.

"I do not like what you're suggesting at Emma. You will stop right now or so help me I will give the order for your brother to be dragged in here and I will kill him myself and force you to watch."

Yup, deep shit.

You could hear a pin drop in the silence that followed, I didn't trust myself to speak for several moments before I stood up so suddenly, my chair fell back with a crash. "You lay one filthy finger on my brother and it will be the last thing you ever do. I have made it perfectly clear in the past that I am not afraid to loose my purity to defend him or the rest of my friends and this is no exception." I hissed through the grip of my teeth. "You touch him, and I will kill you. I don't fear death anymore, I've been though enough in my life that I'd gladly welcome death with open arms if it weren't for those I need to protect and let me tell you now, an opponent who doesn't fear death is a person any human should fear." I said, my tone deadly serious and each word dripped enough venom to rival a Poison Fang.

Out of my entire out burst, I'm most surprised in the fact that I didn't swear once, had this been under different circumstances, that would of been way longer, trust me there... And all over the fact I indirectly called my mother a slut... Well this is going to be a fun story to tell Silver later.

For the next few minutes, Kathrine and I just glared at each other, trying to stare one another down with neither of us willing to give in to the other. After at least ten minutes passed, Kathrine spoke in a tone of voice that sent chills down my spine.

"Sit down now Emma so we can finish this conversation like civilised people."

I narrowed my eyes sharply, as I crossed my arms over my chest. "Can't I just go back to my cell already? I've made it perfectly clear I couldn't care less about any of this." More truthfully though, I didn't trust myself not to say anything that would get me into anymore trouble.

"No, you will sit down and keep your trap shut Iwill pick off each of your friends and Pokémon one by one and if you lay a finger on me my men have orders to kill them all instantly. You may succeed in getting out but you will be all alone with your friend and brother dead as well as ten of your Pokémon."

Biting back any snarky replies, I picked up my chair and sat back down. Night was the only one out of everyone she had mentioned who could get out of dying, while legendaries can be reborn at the drop of a hat, I wasn't willing to loose my own Pokémon to these assholes so for now, I'd have to do exactly as they say, for them. My nails had long ago pierced the flesh of my palms from being squeezed into fists so tightly, though I don't remember the exact point that happened but in either case it was all I could do to stop myself from jumping across the table to connect my fist with her jaw.

Kathrine took a moment to compose herself before she continued. "To answer your rude question, no, Ghetsis and I did not get together we simply had the same desire to control his son. We needed you to be at your full potential for the desires of Team Rift to be fulfilled and with help from Shadow, we discovered the prophecy to do just that, by killing you and letting Arceus bring you back from the dead, it would remove the cap that keeps the excess power from the Voice of Purity contained. Shadow had his own means of returning to the real world and with the prized Legendary Heart, things could only go uphill from there. Using your power, maximised with that same serum we tested on you the last time you were here, but of course at it's full strength, we will force you tear a rift between dimensions and allow us to enter the Legendary Council where we will control the entire community of Legendary Pokémon and rule both worlds to our desire."

Not saying anything about this was one of the hardest things I've ever done, instead I just sat there, glaring into Kathrine's triumphant smirk while biting down sharply on my tongue. My breath can out in ragged pants as I struggled to keep myself calm and figure out any possible way she could be lying but the truth of the matter was, I simply couldn't...

My nails pierced the flesh of my palms as I curled my hands into tight fists. I didn't trust myself to say a word to either Cyrus or Kathrine, knowing my habit of swearing would not only get myself into trouble, but my Pokémon as well so I remained bitterly silent. The leader of Team Rift was clearly proud of herself, watching in amusement as I bit back my words, anger and confusion.

Before long she stood to her feet. "Come this way Emma, I have a little something to show you." She turned her back to me and headed for a door at the opposite end of the room, Cyrus followed closely.

With an over exaggerated sigh of annoyance, I followed my birth parents through the complex maze of metal halls and walkways, my arms tightly crossed over my chest as I pouted with every step I took, intentionally being as difficult and whiny as possible to annoy them both. While I hadn't said a word, still not trusting myself to speak from my habit of swearing and insulting people I didn't like,which could get me into more trouble then I care to be in right now.

"How aware are you of the process that Mega Evolution takes." Kathrine asked, seemingly from nowhere.

"Depends how you define 'aware'." I huffed. "Please tell me this isn't going from a kidnapping to a school lesson cause at this point I think I'd prefer to be tortured."

"Don't tempt us Emma." Cyrus snickered, looking down on my with cold grey eyes.

I met his hard gaze with one of my own, my piercing sapphires lighting his soul on fire with a death glare that would scare off Giratina itself (believe me I've done it) not surprisingly, it was Cyrus who broke away first, turning his back to me with a slight expression of unease as I snorted triumphantly but after a warning look from my so called mother, I looked away, not willing to test my limits in a circumstance that could lead to the injury of my friends. While I'd suffered under Cyrus's abuse plenty of times not to even fear it anymore, Kathrine clearly pressured using those I cared about to make me bend to her will without a fight, similar to N back in Unova. Now that I think about it, that could of been her idea since N was, as she put it, a puppet on strings. Greeeaaat, another reason I'm not allowed to hate N anymore.

Through a door sat a range of large, alienated machines. Large glass containers connected to each, big enough to hold a Pokémon as big as a Tryanitar. My gaze took in each and everyone, not knowing but guessing the purpose of the devices, the main of which guessing these things turned Pokémon into the corrupt Mega Evolutions I'd been forced to fight over the past few weeks.

My glare turned up to Kathrine, awaited the explanation that was no doubt to come, much to my surprise, it didn't. Instead I was simply lead silently through the room, feeling the aura of dread wash through me like a tap that had been left on to long. Biting back the feeling, I held back a flinch so as not to show weakness to the people I hated most in the world.

The feeling became strong and more recognisable as the feeling of a Pokémon suffering for more then I'd ever felt before. My body tensed as I momentarily stopped walking, needing to catch my breath as cold tendrils of darkness seemed to clutch my heart in an all to similar way then that of when Night first took over my mind, before she became the 'loveable' Ninetales I have today.

"Keep moving." Kathrine hissed, glaring at me warningly. "Or your Pokémon shall pay the price."

With a sigh, I complied, glaring back harshly as I followed through the final door, not quite knowing what to expect but what I saw was far worse then anything I could have even dreamed.

The Jewel Pokémon known as Diancie hung suspended but several cables. Her Crimson eyes had faded back to a greyed, pink kind of colour, hardly even seeing us enter the room. The rock like Jewel that made up her bottom half was cracked and crumbling away in some spots when her eyes met mine, I couldn't even stand on my own two feet anymore and her pain and suffering filled my heart and mind. But the worst part was see her should be bright pink crystals filled the inky green of a corrupted Pokémon.

I cried out in pain by the connection drawn, clutching my head from the inability to even think straight any further. ~I am sorry to be causing you pain, young Voice of Purity.~ Her meek voice filled my head. ~But our time is short, you must stop these people at any cost, both worlds are at risk here and you I am afraid, may be the only one with the ability to stop them.~ Her cries reached my core, the part of me that made me the Voice of Purity and seemed to brand themselves there. ~I will stop our connection now as to rid you of my own pain but you must stop them, you must.~

Like a knife through button the connection severed as Diancie shielded me from her pain. Panting hard, gasping for air, I looked up at the duel Fairy Rock type Pokémon feeling deep pity and sorrow for the Diamond Princess.

"What are you doing to her?" I demanded in a deadly tone, my first curling round into tight balls of anger as I rose to my own, unsteady feet.

Kathrine seemed slightly shocked that I'd gone from being on my knees in pain to such levels of anger but my question demanded and answer. "Well you see, Diancie for hundreds of years has been the source of Mega Stones throughout the regions. When it became obvious we'd need the power, we turned to the quickest and most powerful source of the energy. It wasn't that difficult to find or catch the Pokémon and best of all, we aren't going through thousands of Mega Stones to turn our own Pokémon,,rather absorbing the power straight from Diancie itself."

"You're sick." I hissed, thinking of thousands of better words for how I saw my 'parents' at that moment but most of them were either to vile to use in this book or would just get my Pokémon into trouble because of my, no swearing rule.

"Oh don't worry about her, you see, to complete the desired plan of Team Rift, we need much more Pure Energy the Diancie can make, we do after all have ambitions of turning a Legendary Pokémon. So, we need a new source of Pure Energy, to which there is only one other in the world."

"Me." I spat angrily.

"Naturally, so don't even worry about your little friend up here." Kathrine smirked, gesturing to Diancie. "Because it's going to get so much worse for you."

Taking a deep breath in, I continued. "How do you plan on using me, I'm not going to give you my power willingly."

"Oh dear Emma, that's the fun part, this way. Chop chop." She said, Turing on her heal to leave the room, Cyrus in tow.

I gave Diancie a brief nod and look of pity, telling her that I would do my best to stop Team Rift and mentally promising myself that I would come back for her before I forced myself to follow the organisation leaders out the door.

The next room we entered was the office I was brought to only the day before. Kathrine took seat behind her desk while Cyrus stood by her side, he'd been surprisingly quiet this whole time considering he loved tormenting me and making my life and absolute misery but I'm assuming it has something to do with an agreement of some sort between him and my mother. I remained in front of the desk, my arms drawn crossed against my chest and a furious expression scrawled across my face, at wits end with both my birth parents.

Kathrine must of hit a button or something beneath her desk because a panel was moved electronically as a small glass case rose up from beneath ten assorted Pokéballs sat within, gleaming almost teasingly under the light. They were mine, the stickers that marked each was painfully clear. It took everything I had not to gather them all up now and fight my way out of here but the threat over my brother and boyfriend kept the urge at bay, for now.

"You know what these are I assume?" Kathrine's evil smirk danced evilly on her black painted lips.

"My Pokémon." I replied bitterly, crossing my arms for lack of better use of them right now.

"Now I've heard you've become quite proud of the strength of your team members. Our scans show their power is almost equal to our forced mega evolved Pokémon."

Rolling my eyes I interrupted. "Well I am champion of 5 regions. Why wouldn't my team be strong?"

"Quite right." The leader smiled, leaning back in her chair. "I have a little deal for you, a gamble if you will."

"Let's hear it then." I snorted, raising an unamused eyebrow as I wondered how this had anything to do with my power as Voice of Purity.

"I want to see your Pokémon in action, a little test to see if your Pokémon are all their talked up to be."

"Would I be here right now if I could defeat those things?" I snarled. "Why would I put my Pokémon in that situation?"

"Simple, your freedom." Her smirk grew. "This battle will be a completely fair, one on one battle. Your team currently consists of seven Pokémon that could stand even a remote chance against my Megas, without the added strength of your three baby Pokémon taken into account but feel free to use them if you wish. My deal is simple, you use your team against three of my experimental Megas. Each of your Pokémon are at full health and no harm has come to any of them to this point. If you win or even tie, I will let you go. No strings attached."

My face hardened slightly, trying to weigh out my options. "What about Silver, Red and our Pokémon?" It came out more of a demand to have them as well more then it did a request.

"Naturally." Her grey irises seemed to gleam with menacing pleasure.

I looked at my Pokéballs laying on the desk in front of me before giving a single, hard nod. "Fine, but I want to take Diancie with me as well." I gritted my teeth with a harsh glare.

There was several minutes of silence as Kathrine seemed to weigh over my request. "Very well, but just know that I will be having several grunts, each equipped with their own Mega watching you if you try to escape before our battle ends and you will be forced into what we have planned, regardless of the possible outcome."

"Fine." I spat. "But I want my brother and Red there then to, you have your audience and I'll have mine."

Kathrine's triumphant smirk couldn't get any bigger if she tried. "You have yourself a deal." She waved a hand to the Pokéballs on the desk. "Please, take them and being the fair person I am, I'll give you one hour alone with your Pokémon to plan and strategises as you wish."

Taking each ball gingerly into my hand, I clipped each to their spot on my belt with exception to my three baby Pokémon whom I slipped into my pocket. My hand lingered on my team members, my family, feeling the support of each as I did. It had been weeks since I'd seen them last and forcing them into a battle right away just didn't seem fair but I couldn't stand this place and I needed to get Silver and Red out of here and out of harms way before I tried to take down Team Rift.

"One last thing you should know, if you loose you're mine to do with as I wish." Kathrine smirked, interrupting my thoughts.

"You'd do that anyway if I didn't accept." My glare could not be filled with anymore hatred then what it was now.

"Very true." She smiled as a grunt entered the room, her attention turned to her minion. "Take her somewhere alone, she has a battle to prepare for."

~*🌸*~

The cell I was put into contained nothing more then a small, shaggy bed in one corner and as far as I knew, was nowhere near Silver and Red. An eye roll showed my distaste as I subconsciously searched the barren cell for any means of escape, not that I would use it since I had no idea where my brother and Red were. My eyes landed on a small door against the opposite wall but further inspection revealed it to be a nothing more then a bathroom which earned another eyes roll from myself.

My fingers made their way to my Pokèball's, touching their cool, smooth surface help ease my nerves as it did naturally. One by one I removed them from my belt, throwing them into the air as I called out their names. They were my bestest and closest friends, my family even and without a doubt I would need their help if I were to ever get out of here.

Rioyaru immediately tackled me to the floor, covering my face in sloppy licks, sending my in a fit of giggles from the feel of her soft tongue tickling my skin.

"Rio, get off me." As usual I could help but laugh at my Arcanine's behaviour and my feelings of rejoice for being reunited with my team mates didn't help the matter as I playfully pushed aside my oversized puppy.

My Eevee twins were next in line, tackling me into a hug, repeating over and over how worried they were for me and how much they had missed me. Faith and Melody weren't far behind, my Mew wrapping herself around my head while my Meloetta clung to my arm.

With a small chuckle, I unwound Faith from my head, hugging her tightly as I brought the rest of them into my arms. "I missed you guys to but I need your help, I don't have much time." With much pain in my voice I told them everything they had missed, trying to keep it short as possible as I knew the timer was ticking to how long I had left alone with my Pokémon. I'd also made sure to give Guardian, my final team member a hug and check that her Absolite was still in place and hadn't been tampered with, thankfully, it hadn't. Night only got a playfully shove and a poked out tongue.

When I finish, I hung my head in shame of having to force them into a battle so soon.

Melody gently raised my chin, her soft, sapphire blue eyes meeting mine with a look of resurgence. ~Emma, you have no reason to be ashamed. We know as your Pokémon that tough battles are part of our job and we are all willing to fight by your side, no matter what. Okay?"

Without meeting her direct gaze, I nodded in reply. "Thanks."

The Melody Pokémon simply smiled, hugging me tightly. "So what's the plan then?"

"I don't know..." I admired with much hesitation. "I'm just so flustered right now, I can't think straight." Running my fingers through my messy brown hair I looked between my Pokémon for ideas.

My Arcanine removed my guitar from her back, sitting it by my side with a toothy smile. ~Try playing, it's always helped you before.~

"Thanks Rio." I smiled, scratching the shaggy mane of my Arcanine. "What would I do without you guys."

Hopefully a question I'll never have to answer.

I tested a few strings before tuning it to properly fit the song I planned on playing, one of of my personal favourites and more or less perfect for my given situation since my 'mother' clearly needed a hint that I wanted her out of my life. Once finished I strung the necessary opening notes before singing the words without much mind to the security camera in the corner.

"You wanna play, you wanna stay, you wanna have it all
You started messing with my head until I hit a wall
Maybe I should've known, maybe I should've known
That you would walk, you would walk out the door, hey!"

"Said we were done, then met someone and rubbed it in my face
Cut to the part, she broke your heart, and then she ran away
I guess you should've known, I guess you should've known
That I would talk, I would talk!"

"But even if the stars and moon collide
I never want you back into my life
You can take your words and all your lies
Oh oh oh I really don't care
Even if the stars and moon collide
I never want you back into my life
You can take your words and all your lies
Oh oh oh I really don't care!
Oh oh oh I really don't care!"

"I can't believe I ever stayed up writing songs about you
You don't deserve to know the way I used to think about you
Oh no not anymore, oh no not anymore
You had your shot, had your shot, but you let go!"

"Now if we meet out on the street I won't be running scared
I'll walk right up to you and put one finger in the air
And make you understand, and make you understand
You had your chance, had your chance!"

"But even if the stars and moon collide
I never want you back into my life
You can take your words and all your lies
Oh oh oh I really don't care
Even if the stars and moon collide
I never want you back into my life
You can take your words and all your lies
Oh oh oh I really don't care!
Oh oh oh I really don't care!"

"Yeah, listen up
Hey, hey, never look back,
Dumb struck boy, ego intact
Look boy, why you so mad
Second guessin', but should've hit that
Hey daddy, you picked the wrong lover
Should've picked that one, she's cuter than the other
I just wanna laugh, cause you're tryna be a hipster
Kick him to the curb, take a Polaroid picture!"

"But even if the stars and moon collide
I never want you back into my life
You can take your words and all your lies
Oh oh oh I really don't care
Even if the stars and moon collide
I never want you back into my life
You can take your words and all your lies
Oh oh oh I really don't care!
Oh oh oh I really don't care!"

A rebellious smirk formed on my lips as I finished off the song. I was a naturally rebellious person and hate any form of authority over me, one of the many reasons I hated my birth parents so much but I couldn't help the feeling deep inside that for some reason I had to prove myself to the both of them. I was the frightened, broken, little girl they had both left behind. I would win this battle, I would prove myself or I'd die trying.

Okay, I probably wouldn't go to that extreme buuut, you get my point.

~*~*~*~*~🌸~*~*~*~*~
Word count: 5163

Well, the over and done with. Sorry about all the fillers, this is... Mostly all important information but it should be over by next chapter, promise~! Don't hold me to that XD

Anyway it is three in the morning and I am really tired so, good night... Morning... You know what I mean.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 63 41
A women plagued with heartache and mystery. She never asked for this to happen to her. She never imaged her life would turn out the way it did. Howev...
42K 1.5K 29
{Book 2 in the Vampire series} Emma is now gone but is she really gone forever? The last thing Emma remember was that she was dying, going away fore...
649K 20.6K 30
Hated, neglected and rejected. That's Mona Mayfield for you. Since birth, she has been neglected by her own father. Not because she is a lesser wo...
223K 10.3K 52
After a past of abuse and heartache, Emma's only solace is her own strength. Depending only on herself and her Pokémon is how she gets from one day t...