I'd tell you, but then I'd ha...

By MadelineMaria

What is the definition of an assassin? əˈsasɪn/ noun A person who murders an important person for political... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5: Attack Part 2
Chapter 6: Attack Part 3
Chapter 7: Unexpected
Chapter 8: Mission Revealed
Chapter 9: Another city
Chapter 10: Complicated
Chapter 11: The Gym
Chapter 12: 20 Questions
Chapter 13: A band called Little Mix Part 1
Chapter 14: A band named Little Mix Part 2
Chapter 15: Suspicion
Chapter 16: Because
Chapter 17: Agent Dipshit
Chapter 18: Explanations
Chapter 19: Ed
Chapter 21: Deep Sleep
Chapter 22: Sitting in a room..
Chapter 23: TRAINING
Chapter 24: The Chair
Chapter 25: Childhood
Chapter 26: Welcome
Chapter 27: First Day Part 1
Chapter 28: First Day Part 2
Chapter 29: First Day Part 3
Chapter 30: Boys
Chapter 31: Hello?
Chapter 32: Perrie's secret
Chapter 33: Change
Chapter 34: Runaway
Chapter 35: Clues
Chapter 36: University
Chapter 37: The blind man's story
Chapter 38: Washington
Chapter 39: Frosty Place
Chapter 40: Nightmare
Chapter 41: Search
Chapter 42: Turn your face
Chapter 43: Mummy?
Chapter 44: Gone
Chapter 45: Change
Chapter 46: Fucked up
Chapter 47: It's a long way to Tipperary
Chapter 48: Home
Chapter 49: The tape
Chapter 50: Funeral
Chapter 51: Sass attack
Chapter 52: Remember?
Chapter 53: Mission Accepted
Chapter 54: Final Mission (Part 1)
Chapter 55: Final Mission (Part 2)
Chapter 56: Final Mission (Part 3)
Chapter 57: Final Mission (Part 4)
WHO WANTS AN EPILOGUE?!
Epilogue : Mourning

Chapter 20: Zayn

4.2K 112 35
By MadelineMaria

"Ugh, I still don't understand how you did it!" Harry exclaimed, throwing his arms in the air.

"I'm just extraordinarily talented," Robyn joked, shrugging her shoulders.

Louis strided into the living room where Harry and Robyn were on the sofa, arguing. "What's wrong?"

"Robyn beat my high score on Black Ops..." Harry mumbled.

"So? Everybody who plays Black Ops could beat you, Harold,"

"But, Louis! She hasn't ever played it before!" he whined.

"Luck then maybe? It isn't hard to beat your high score, Hazza. A chimp could beat you..." Louis said, drinking from his glass of coke.

"That's the thing, Lou! She beat Zayn's highscore! Zayn's!" Harry shouted standing up as Louis sprayed his coke all over the floor.

"SHE WHAT!?" Louis ran up to Robyn and held her hand tightly with his, "Robyn, let me get this straight..." he placed his hand onto his forhead and closed his eyes, "You've never played Black Ops  before?"

Robyn shook her head.

"You beat Harold?"

She nodded her head.

"You beat all of our high scores, including Zayn's?"

"Apparently..." Robyn said slowly. She didn't understand how beating Zayn's highscore was a big deal, but she must admit that Louis and Harry making a big deal out of this was... cute. They were acting as if she was pregnant or something. "I don't know how."

Anyway, Zayn had now been in hospital for 2 months and, as they promised to themselves, they had visited him everyday. The boys and Robyn would take it in turns to have 30 minutes alone with Zayn and it always broke Robyn when she saw his face, yet, whenever she was in the same room as him, she always felt nervous and flushed. She always had tingles running up her spine when she saw his beautiful face; Even in the worst condition he could be in, he looked flawless. Every time she visited, she pictured scenarios in her mind where he woke up while she was with him.

But recently, Robyn had found that Zayn's face had been looking more colourful and... well, alive. Plus, the doctors and nurses hadn't been paying as much attention to him as they used to, so that could only mean that he was getting better, right? Although, the doctors hadn't mentioned anything about his health recently and they'd say something if we was getting better, wouldn't they?

As Louis and Harry continued to freak about Robyn's highscore, which Robyn wasn't paying any attention to as she was thinking about Zayn, Liam walked into the room with Niall trailing behind him.

"You guys ready to go? - Guys? GUYS!" Liam shouted, causing Harry and Louis to stop squabling.

"Sure we are! Come on, losers!" Robyn exclaimed excitedly, but of course, only because she got to see Zayn's beautiful face again.

"Yeah..." Harry and Louis mumble.

Robyn grabbed her purse and they all headed into the black van that was waiting for them outside the hotel. Paul began to drive, giving Robyn a little wink which she gladly returned. Her and Paul had gained a strong friendship, mostly because he knew who Robyn was. They went to the gym everyday together and worked out.

"So, what were you guys arguing about in the hotel?" Niall asked.

"OH MY GOD! WHERE DO I START?!" Louis yells.

"Louis! Shhh!" Paul said.

"Sorry..." he mumbled before Robyn gave him a hug. In return, Louis give Robyn a peck on the cheek but it seemed to last longer than he it was supposed to.

Niall, Harry and Liam scowled whilst Paul chuckled silently. Then, Robyn heared a very silent vibration from Niall's pocket. "Niall, somebody is calling you!" 

The boys gave her a 'how-the-hell-did-you-hear-that' look whilst Niall answered.

"Hello?..."

Silence filled the car.

"Uhm, hello?" he asked. Again, nobody answered so he hung up and looked at the caller ID with wide eyes. "It-it was the hospital..." he said with worry on his face.

Uh oh.

"PAUL! DRIVE!" Robyn shouted with panic.

She automatically began imagining all the wrong thoughts; Did Beckitt come back? Is Zayn dead? Did Beckitt murder Zayn?

Paul stepped his foot onto the accelerating pedal and they flew (somehow, without being caught by the police) through the winding roads and to the hotel.

Robyn was the very first out of the van and she pushed her way through the crowds of angry people until she reached Zayn's door. Just as she was about to go in, she spotted Doctor Rodger, who was walking up to her with a smile.

"Doctor! What's wrong with Zayn?" she asked.

"Nothing, why?" he asked raising and eyebrow.

Just at that moment, Harry, Louis, Liam, Niall and Paul ran up to them, panting. "Niall got a call from the hospital, but when he answered the phone, nobody replied. Then, we all sort of panicked..." Liam explained.

"Oh, well... uhm, yes. Must've been a mistake..." Doctor Rodgers lied nervously. Robyn knew he was lying but didn't bother to question him.

"So... we can go do the usual check ups?" Niall asked.

"Yes, of course! Go straight through!" Doctor Rodgers said pointing to Zayn's room before walking off.

------------------------

Liam, Niall and Louis had all gone in now, but Robyn was waiting patiently for Harry to come out of Zayn's room, as his last minutes were up.

Once she saw Harry's head pop out of Zayn's room, she immediately stood up. 

"He's looking a lot better!" Harry whispered in her ear as she walked past. She pushed open the large, wooden doors and walked over to the bed, with a rosey cheeked Zayn breathing lightly.

A barrel full of emotions were poured into Robyn's heart at the very sight.

"Hello, Zayn..." she said awkwardly, sitting herself onto the seat next to his bed. Honestly, whenever she spoke to him, she hoped he'd reply, but she knew the chances of that happening were extremely low. Just the thought made tears run down her cheeks.

"I-I know you can't hear me or see me..." she wiped her cheeks, " but I really miss you. We all do, and-and I feel that this is all my fault... which makes me feel 100x worse then sad. I should've saved you, but I was caught up in my own world back stage, having my own problems actually... but  those problems I would've easily thrown away if I knew what was going to happen to you, Zayn. I should've been there, I should have risked my life to save yours because I'm probably going to die soon anyway... but I promise that before I do die, I'll find who sh-shot you. Whether it's the most dangerous assassin in the world or... I don't know, a trained butterfly. Because, Zayn, apart from the fact that it's my duty to find out, but because... because I love you," she grabbed his hand softly," I really do. You don't have a clue how hard it has been for me to see you in the hospital everyday for the last 2 months. We aren't even sure when you'll leave... I've missed your smile, your laugh, your voice, your eyes... just you, who you are. But of course, you already know that, everybody does..." she chuckled to herself quietly as she remembered what she had brought. She took her hand away from his, which seemed to have tightened, and got out her present. "This is for you, Zayn. I hope that you'll see it one day..." she placed the present on Zayn's bed table, along with his other gifts and before she could say anything, Harry's head peaked around the door.

"Robyn, we have to go to an interview now, wanna come?"

"Uhm, yeah sure..." she answered before Harry's head was out of sight.

She looked back at Zayn. "Well, I have to go... see you tomorrow..." Robyn stood up but hesitated. She slowly leaned down to Zayn's ear and whispered "I love you...", gave him a soft but meaningful kiss on his cheek and walked out of the room.

But what she didn't realise, was that as she was leaving Zayn's room, a grin was dancing against his flushed face.

---------------------

"So, Niall, how's Zayn? How well is he recovering?" The interviewer asked.

Robyn was watching with disgust from backstage as the brunette, hair-extentioned, fake-boobed, fake-nailed, fake-nosed, fake...(well, the list could go on and on) interviewer fluttered her fake eyelashes at Niall. She was wearing a low cut blouse with half of the buttons undone, revealing a lot more cleavage than Robyn would've liked to see, and a tiny, tight skirt. Robyn, however, was wearing her spy uniform, ready for action. A black leather jacket,a black t-shirt and black skinny jeans. The boys always questioned why she always wore black and she'd always reply with the same answer; 'I like the colour black.' In fact, even she was unsure on why it was forced on spies to wear black. It was originally supposed to be for the night time, so you wouldn't get caught, but it had no use in the day time.

"Actually, we just got back from the hospital. To me, he's looking healthier and we hope he'll get back on his feet soon," Niall replied sadly.

"I see, so he hasn't woken up yet, I assume?" the interviewer asked leaning forward... a little too far forward for Robyn's liking.

"No, he hasn't..." Liam said fiddling with his fingers.

"And you've been visiting everyday?"

"Yeah! We all go in together and we each spend 30 minutes with him alone," Louis said with a cute smile.

"That's so adorable!" the interviewer squealed, putting a hand on Louis' knee. Robyn laughed at Louis face, which looked as if the woman had some sort of disease. Unfortunately, the interviewer didn't realise and carried on... "What do you guys do when you're alone with him?"

"I sing to him.." Harry said with embarassment. There were a chorus of 'AWH's from the audience.

"I talk to him about everything he is missing..." Liam added in, gathering another chorus of 'AWH's.

"I play his favourite songs to him on the guitar..." Niall said blushing madly. (Yes, even more AWH's were heard from the audience.)

"I draw on him..." Louis answered with a cheeky grin, sending the whole room into laughter. Oh Louis...

"And, uh, what does this girl do?" The interviewer asked with a hint of irritation in her voice as a picture of Robyn and the boys came up onto the screen behind them. Uh oh...

"Oh, that's Robyn! We don't know what she does actually..." Louis said, following the other boys lustful gazes to Robyn. The interviewer noticed them looking off stage and at the worried girl, her eyes narrowing.

"Is that, Ronan?" she asked with a fake smile.

"No that's Robyn!" Harry said, noticing the interviewers attitude.

"Robyn! Get that big bum on stage, or I'll have to come and drag you on!" Louis shouted, earning another round of laughter from the audience.

A group of people rushed over to Robyn and applied powder onto her face and a mini microphone onto her jacket. Just as she was about to refuse and walk away, somebody pushed her on stage, causing her to stumble a little bit.

As soon as she looked up, she felt her face burn with heat and noticed how big the audience really was. Nervously and unsure on what else to do, she waved a bit at the screaming fans and slowly walked over to the boys on the couch.

"Please take a seat!" the interviewer said.

Robyn obeyed and plopped down inbetween Harry and Liam, both of them giving her a little grin as she did so.

"So, this is the mistery girl..." the lady said, forcing a smile, "How did you meet the boys?"

Thankfully, Liam stepped in to save Robyn from embarrasment. "Actually, we met her in tescos..."

"It was awesome!  Basically, what happened was... we were in Tescos and a man attempted to steal a child from behind Robyn-" There was a gasp of shock from everybody in the room, "I know! And then, well, he started to run away, but Robyn chased after him. She got the little girl back safely to her mother and went all ninja on the kidnappers arse! She was like "HIYAA" and " FWAA"" Louis added in, showing off his own ninja moves.

"Wow! That's quite a story!" the interviewer said, looking suprisingly impressed and shocked.

But Robyn wasn't paying attention to the interviewer, she was concentrating on the audience. Well, to be more specific, she was concetrating on a man in the audience. The man Robyn was trying to avoid.

Agent Dipshit.

----------

 As Zayn kept still on the bed with his eyes closed, he listened as Robyn stood up from the seat next to the bed and whispered in his ear, "I love you...", sending a bullet of tingles through out his body. (Ironic?). He then expected that Robyn'd walk away, but he was wrong, as he felt a pair of soft warm lips on his cheek. To him, her lips were the most precious things on earth. They were perfect, and it took all the will power he had to not attack her with his own kisses. Zayn was too shocked to say anything, even though he really wanted to, so he just lay motionless in his bed.

Zayn had only recently discovered about his deep feelings for Robyn. Of course, he knew she was special the milisecond he layed his eyes on her, in Starbucks; she looked so cute and fragile when she was playing on her phone. He knew he had to talk to her at the very sight of her, but she had left too soon... Luckily, he had bumped into her in tescos. The feelings he felt at those few seconds of seeing her hazel eyes made the whole world disapear, as cliché as it sounds.

And now...well, now he knew she loved him back, whether it was as much as her feelings for the other boys he'd never know, but that only made Zayn want to be around her even more.

Zayn was disturbed from his thoughts by the sound of his hospital room doors creaking open, so assuming it could be Robyn or one of the boys, he slammed his eyes shut.

"Don't worry, Mr Malik, it's only me," Dr Rodgers said.

Zayn opened his eyes again and looked at the doctor, "Thanks , Doc. I appreciate what you did out there when the guys were here..."

"No problem, kiddo, but I got the impression that the girl, Robyn I think her name is, knew that I was hiding something..." he said with a smirk.

"Well, that's no suprise," Zayn chuckled. "She could hear a lie from a mile away."

"Anyways, you'll be able to leave tomorrow! But here's some advice... Leave this place before they come visit you... it'd make things less complicated for everybody,"

"You bet I will! I can't wait to leave here. I hate hospitals..." Zayn mumbled.

"You and me both..." Dr Rodgers said before they shared a look and began to laugh, "I'll see you later for your last check-up!" He mentioned walking out the door.

Zayn's mouth began to dry so he reached over to his bedside table to grab his water. He drank from it and placed it back down but accidentily knocked off a rolled up piece of paper with a reb ribbon tied around it. He checked the lable to see who it was from, but there was no name... Yet, he knew who it was, because instead of a name was a picture of a tiny robin.

Robyn's cuteness striked again.

"This is for you, Zayn. I hope that you'll see it one day..." 

Curiously, he untied the red ribbon. Once he unrolled the paper, his jaw dropped with utter amazement and shock. At first, he was sure that what he was looking at was a black and white photograph of Robyn and himself hugging, massive smiles on their faces, but as he looked closer he saw pencil strokes and rubber marks, along with Robyn's curly signature in the bottom right hand corner of the sheet. It was amazing!  The pencil marks drew Zayn's and Robyn's features perfectly and the shading was exact and precise. He knew that she liked to draw, but he never knew how well she could draw! She did nothing but continue to shock Zayn and the boys with her talents.

Randomly, a thought occured to Zayn.

"I should've risked my life, to save yours, because I'm probably going to die soon anyway..."  

What on earth did that mean? Zayn was glad she never risked herself for him... He'd die inside if Robyn got hurt... and she was going to die soon? What was she talking about?! Zayn would protect Robyn from anything bad that'd happen to her. She was probably just speaking horse crap, she was just tired.

As usual, Zayn was pulled out of his thoughts, yet again, by the door.

"One Direction are live on BBC 1, would you like it on?" a friendly nurse asked.

"Yes please!" Zayn replied, getting comfy.

She quickly flicked on the TV and left, leaving Zayn to himself again.

He watched as Louis, Harry, Liam and Niall were questioned by the over flirty interviewer on his recovery.

"I see, so he hasn't woken up yet, I assume?" the interviewer asked.

"No he hasn't..." Liam said.

Thank god, they still had no clue. Zayn had been awake for a couple of days now, but he wanted to keep the whole thing a suprise. When he saw a nurse calling Niall, he quickly told the nurse not to phone and to keep the whole thing a secret. Luckily, she agreed and told the other doctors and nurses.

The boys continued to answer questions.

"And, uh, what does this girl do?" the lady asked spitefully, which Zayn was actually quite disgusted at.

"Oh, that's Robyn! We don't know what she does actually..." Louis said. Zayn had no clue either until she had entered a few days ago. He realised that she had been drawing the picture he held in his hands. The picture he'd always treasure.

"Is that, Ronan?" the interviewer asked. Zayn was really getting pissed off with her attitude. She was being really rude.

Seconds later, Robyn was pushed onto the stage. Zayn felt himself flush and his cheek tingled from where she had kissed him. He stroked his cheek and grinned silently to himself, sighing in content. Robyn smiled nervously at the audience, adorably, and sat down.

The lady asked how they all met and as Louis explained. Zayn noticed Robyn's eyes go wide as she stared at the crowd.

Then, he noticed Robyn was speaking into an ear phone, one like Paul's, and seconds later...

There was darkness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 7.4K 100
"Louis. You're my guardian angel. You saved my life." I say shakily. My voice is unstable and I can't even recognize it anymore. I squeeze his soft w...
2.3K 109 28
-Mutant- An immortal in human form. One that can't feel pain. Extremely hard to kill. Not impossible, but extremely difficult. Resulting from or show...
2.8K 44 30
One Direction are senior undercover agents working for the MI8; Taylor Swift is a world-class assassin that might be planning to wipe out their exist...
644K 16.5K 25
I'm 14 years old, and I'm a spy. The names Payton Browning. My parents use to be spies before they died in that awful car accident 5 years ago. My un...