Forever and Always (Book 2)

By kthaler

SEQUEL TO KIDNAPPED!!! It's happening all over again. When a copycat of the Olive Kidnappings strikes Kelly H... More

To Whom It May Concern
One Year Anniversary
Step Brother
Gone
The Man
Stressed
Death Wish
Too Many Suspects
Unchained
Another One Goes
Intruder
Visitor
Questions Not Answered
Breaking In
Childhood
Escape
Face to Face
Uncle
Shock
Freedom
The Call
New Place
Betrayed
Discover
Blood
Trapped
Broken
Track Star
The Car
Emotions
"Fun"
The Plan
Gaining Trust
Surprise
Reward
The Barn
Dole
Regret
Returning
Bang
Free at Last
Goodbye
Epilogue

Prologue

11.5K 167 13
By kthaler

           "Hello everyone, this is Elisa Franken and I'm here at yet another house where a girl has been taken away from us. Faye Hills was taken from her home here around four o'clock this morning. Police have spoken, saying that they believe that this kidnapping is connected to the other kidnappings that have struck Colorado. The other victims that have not been found yet are Caitlin Flores, Julie Poll, Amy Miller, Brittney Wills and what is stumbling police is that one boy was taken along with the girls, his name is Evan Scott."

            "Many of us reporters have asked police several times if they think that this is a copycat of the horrid kidnappings that happened a year ago, the Olive Kidnappings, but police have no comment on the matter. It appears like the same number of girls and one boy matches the Olive Kidnappings. It would be a very strange coincidence that this is all occurring at the one year mark of the Olive Kidnappings. So you tell me, are these kidnappings the same as what happened a year ago?" The short, monotoned reporter asked.

             I clicked off the TV in disgust. Why did reports have to compare everything to the Olive Kidnappings? I'm sure it's just a coincidence that it happened a year ago and now there are some kidnappings happening now. Crime never stops so why is this such a huge deal? There is no way the two cases are related.

             Today was the one year anniversary of being kidnapped and Kyle being locked up in prison. As this last year slowly passed, I thought less and less about Kyle. Unfortunately, with the one year mark happening, that has made my life a lot harder. Terrible memories that I have tried to hide away keep peaking back into my subconscious. With the new kidnappings occurring, my anxiety level has skyrocketed. I wasn't afraid of being kidnapped again because what is the likelihood of that? I was more afraid of what memories would be brought back up. I'd start to be the center of attention the more they talked about Kyle and the kidnappings. There was no way he was apart of these new kidnappings though, he was locked up behind bars.

            I decided to make an appointment to see my therapist today because of all the stress and balled up emotions I was feeling. My visits to the therapist were less and less but this was a special occasion. Since I was sixteen now, I was able to drive myself without relying on my aunt or uncle to drive me. I pulled up to the newly built building where I'd attempt to go and share my feelings.

           Dr. Klein was a middle-aged woman with long black hair and narrow hazel eyes. She was already in her office waiting for me, knowing what today means to me. When I walked into the office she greeted me with a small smile. I took a seat in my normal position on her microfiber cream colored couch. I immediately closed my eyes and rested my head against the back of the couch. This is what I typically did to relax and try to clear my mind. And typically that never worked.

           "I know today is significant for you. What are you feeling right now?" Dr. Klein asked.

          "I'm not really sure. Part of me still is terrified but then I remember that Kyle is locked up and can't hurt me anymore. Is it stupid to still be scared of him even if he's in prison?" I asked, opening my eyes and looking at her.

             "It's not stupid at all. What you went through was very traumatic and it's hard for those feelings to go away. This is just one milestone and usually, after every year, it will get less and less hard for you." She said.

          "The nightmare came back again last night." I whispered, ashamed that this became a problem again.

            It had been three months since I had a nightmare about Kyle but last night was the first time one occurred. Typically the nightmare was always flashbacks of the Bahamas or down in the cellar locked up, but this time it was different. I told Dr. Klein this and of course, she wanted me to tell her what happened. Since I woke up with tears running down my face and my body covered in sweat, I really didn't want to relive it but I knew Dr. Klein wouldn't stop asking about it. I began to retell the short nightmare that allowed me with no sleep last night.

             I was in my room at my own house again but most of the furniture was removed, leaving just my bed and one nightstand. All the pictures and decorations I had in my room were gone. This was strange. I was sitting on my bed but I was unable to move from it. No matter how hard I tried to stand up, it was impossible. That's when an eerie voice echoed the room.

         "Kelly." The voice whispered, sending chills up my spine.

            The lights in my room flickered on and that's when I saw the person standing in the corner of my room. He hadn't been there a few moments ago. My heart started to face and my hands started to tremble. Kyle Olive stood before me, a sinister smirk on his face as he noticed my pale face and tear-filled eyes.

         "Nice to finally see you again, Kelly. This year has been long not being able to see you. The thought of seeing you again got me through the long and dreadful days in prison." He spoke.

            I was speechless, even if I wanted to say anything, my mouth couldn't move to form the words. There was a lump in the back of y throat that made swallowing hard to do. I stood up from my bed, getting ready to bolt if needed.

       "Cat got your tongue?" He chuckled.

           He started to talk a few small steps towards me which made me instantly back away from him. He was standing between me and the door so escaping seemed impossible. Was anyone here, could I call for help? Before I knew it, my back hit the wall and I was out of places to go. Kyle pinned me against the wall, his body pressed up against mine. I could feel his breath on my neck and smell his cheap cologne that made me want to crinkle my nose in disgust. This was Kyle for sure. His look, his voice, his smell, his personality. It was all Kyle. I was hoping that I was mistaken and that this wasn't really Kyle but it really is him.

          "I told you we would be together forever." He whispered in my ear, followed by several small kisses down my neck causing my body to tense.

           Then just like that my dream ended, leaving Kyle as a figment of my imagination. Sure, it may not seem so scary but to me, it was terrifying. After that, the two of us talked for about another hour, some about Kyle and some about life in general. I felt a lot better being able to get all this off my chest with her. Sure, I could tell Maddie or Ethan but I didn't want them to worry. We exchanged goodbyes and told her I'd make another appointment if things got worse but I actually felt a lot better. Hopefully, I wouldn't need to come back so soon. When I got home, Ethan was waiting upstairs in my room for me.

           "Hello, beautiful." He greeted with a smile as he gave me a peck on the lips.

         "This is a surprise." I grinned, glad that he came over.

          "Well, I knew today may be hard for you, I came to cheer you." He said.

         "I'm doing a lot better. I just got done with a session with Dr. Klein. But what did you have in mind?" I asked.

         "Well, I had a few things in mind." He grinned as he grabbed me by the hand pulled me close to him.

           My heart started to beat faster and faster as he leaned in to kiss me our noses almost touching. His lips touched mine softly, almost as if our lips weren't touching at all. He grabbed his arms around my waist, pulling me even closer than I already was. I circled my arms around his neck, deepening our kiss. Before I knew it, Ethan backed us up until I fell onto my bed. We broke the kiss for a moment as I laughed.

        "My aunt and uncle are downstairs, what if they come up here?" I asked, paranoid that they may see our make-out session.

         "You know they never come up here." He replied, a huge smile on his face.

         He ran his thumb down my cheek affectionately as we both gazed into each other's eyes, breathless to say the least. My heart was racing a mile a minute but in a good way. This was nothing compared to the terror I felt with Kyle. I knew Ethan would never hurt me. I trusted him with my life.

          Ethan rested his elbows next to my head as he leaned over me, his hair long enough to cover part of his face. Screw this, I didn't care if my aunt and uncle came up here. All I wanted to do was kiss my amazingly attractive boyfriend who I cared most about in the world.

          I yanked him by the front of his shirt and our lips connect again, this time with passion and desperation to have his lips against mine. I loved this; these moments where the world around me didn't exist. This was the escape I needed for today and every day for that matter. We continued the kiss until we both had to pull away to breathe.

          "You've definitely distracted me from today." I chuckled as softly touched his cheek.

           "That was the plan after all." He said giving me a goofy grin.

              Ethan decided to hang out with me for a few more hours until I decided I had to visit my parents' graves sooner or later. He offered to go with me but I had to do this alone. I walked him outside and gave him a small peck goodbye before he left. Ethan Samson was probably one of the best things that has happened to me since the kidnappings. Without him by my side, who knows if I would have made it this far. I'd probably gone crazy by now. I went back up to my room and tried to mentally prepare myself for visiting my parents. 

This chapter is edited, let me know if you see any mistakes!! Hope you all enjoy book 2!!!  :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Stockholm Syndrome By S.B.H

Mystery / Thriller

10.6K 315 20
When 18 year old Emily Miller goes to a club with her dare-devil friends something strange happens. Someone takes her and holds her hostage. The man...
8.2K 403 41
Aaliyah had lived her whole life under the overbearing shadow of her fathers new wife and her filthy daughters. Aaliyah has no idea how her mother d...
1.3M 73.8K 36
NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON! https://www.amazon.com/dp/1644342758 Please note this version on Wattpad is unedited. SEQUEL TO "The Subway" After the subw...
2K 590 47
đź”…WATTYS 2022 book Winner of the August 2021 -The Mystique Circle Awards -Second place ( Highest Ranking - 2# in #spinechilling! ) "My mom's the re...