"What's depression like?" He...

By EnergyAddicts

I'm sorry if this story is bothering you. But if it is, it's clearly not meant for you. "What's depression li... More

"What's depression like?" He asked.
Part II
Smile because you kicked depressions butt ツ
Things I hate
Replying to comments
"I survived, I recovered, I'm strong now."
The Suicide Booth
The 22 questions
March 28, 4 pm.
The inbox message
Cause and Effect
It's...
My Social Anxiety
I love you.
I'm sorry.
Be what he could've been.
Numb days
October 26th '13
A small kind of rant
Happy Holidays ☃
February 28th '14
Don't cry. Never cry.
Rambles of my mind
So here we are.
Most books have a happy ending.
My 18th birthday
A lot of loose ends
Don't let friendships go to waste.
Don't let friendships go to waste II
Ups and downs.
In memory of the ones I couldn't save.
Growing up too fast.
Self-harm is self-harm.
Changes depression makes.
New year's resolutions.
To the fullest.
Making a great decision.
The official trailer!
What makes me happy?
A taboo.
I'm exhausted.
In my perfect world.
I am truly sorry.
Finding a purpose.
A little life update
Be born again
The highly requested "how to" chapter.
Mason Finn Stone
Paris 11-13-2015
It's not romantic.
self-diagnosis
Relationships and friendships.
Being alone.
I'm scared.
In a couple of years.
I carry around a backpack.
Loneliness
From alone to lonely.
Being alone.
Difficult family situations.
Family
Broken plates and unfixed hearts
Controlling
Hello again
Love
Things get better - I promise

The past few weeks

818 97 23
By EnergyAddicts

I know that it has been quite a while since I've wrote a part in this book. The reason is that I have been struggling a little the past few weeks. I've been struggling with myself and my thoughts and my feelings. I've been struggling with the idea of what I want to become and do once I get older.

As I recently tweeted, it feels like I have something on my chest that I will never get rid off. Like I will never be able to breathe. 

As you guys know I have been diagnozed with PTSD. I find it very hard to describe what that's like to other people. 

I constantly have flash-backs. Flash-backs to my dad, to my time at home, to screaming, yelling and being called names. It haunts me every day. Not all the time, but every day. I have a lot of nightmares too. According to Alex I keep on talking in my sleep, sometimes even raising my voice.

Because of my PTSD I have been starting to develop derealization. This basically means I have days where I feel like I am living in a dream or movie. Not a movie I am taking part in, but a movie I am watching. I feel disconnected from the people around me and the events in my life. I no longer care about my present or future. 

I am trying my hardest to be positive. To grow into this new life I have. To enjoy the fact that I no longer go through abuse and name-calling. That I finally have a chance to be happy. but it simply isn't that easy. It's not like the fact I finally left home and stopped all contact with my dad means that I can be happy. There's too much that happened because of that.

And really, I know there are people that have been through a lot more than I have and still manage to live their lives. To be happy and positive and make something of it. 

I hope I can too. Just not now. In these past few weeks I've realized that I am not ready yet to be happy. Or that I simply can't yet. There's too much I remember and too much that follows me around. 

If there's any of you struggling with PTSD, remember that talking about it always helps. Talking about it to my friends - who I know don't understand - still helps me a lot. Just because they listen and don't judge me for being so haunted by the past. 

It feels a little pathetic to be upset about something from the past. Because why would I let my future be tackled by the past? I wish I could answer it, but I'm not sure how yet. 

I honestly hope that regardless of all this stuff going on in my life, in my head and in my body, I will be able to keep on writing parts to you guys.

I know this chapter might not be helpful in any way, but sometimes I just need to get things of my chest. And this is the place that works best for me.

- Kyran

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

292 13 16
[OLD] [NOT MEANT TO ROMANTICIZE DEPRESSION OR MENTAL ILLNESS. SIMPLY A TROPE.] Tom isn't your average teen. But then again, what makes a teen average...
495 63 12
-Let's get this straight. From a dead end job to a useless crazy ex boyfriend- my happiness is with my best friend yet the fear of our relationship e...
130K 4.9K 31
"What's it like?" Luke whispered, playing with her hands as they sat there in silence "Hmm?" She turned her head to see the tall boy next to her "Dep...
644 58 27
^BEFORE YOU READ! There is a complete version of this book. This version of the book is just something I wanted to do because there are some things t...