The Divine Lament (Swan Queen)

Oleh luciensol

A visitor comes to Storybrooke and suddenly everyone's lives are changed. Could this mysterious man be a bles... Lebih Banyak

Fall From Grace
The Morning After
Strange Introductions
Confrontations
Building Foundations
Strangers & Old Friends
Economics & Strategy
Compromising Emotions
Royals, Witches & Pot Roast
Unearthly Commands & Regrets
A Spy Kids Adventure
Look Who's Coming to Breakfast
First Dates & Hellish Encounters
Passion's Folly
Undeniable Temptation
Unforeseen Discoveries
Interventions
Equestrian Games
Teamwork
Unexpected Allies
Confessions
Coming to Terms
Night Terrors
Deal With the Devil
Divine Lament
What Lies Beneath
Showdown
Love Hurts
Breaking Down Walls
The Day After
All Good Things Must End
The Reckoning Pt. I
A Debt Paid in Sacrifice
Revealing Truths
Surprise Guest
A New Beginning

The Reckoning Pt. II

213 7 0
Oleh luciensol

Henry held tight as the blade materialized, still in awe of its sheer beauty. The weapon seemed to come to life and he could feel its power radiate from his hands up along his arms.

He looked up to see the man trapped in place by his own shock. Quickly, he thought back to what Azael had told him.

Standing outside the diner, Henry watched as Azael walked towards him.

"Are you okay?" Henry asked.

"My apologies, Master Henry. However my services were required elsewhere." Azael explained for having left their breakfast so abruptly.

"No problem. I was just worried about you." Henry smiled.

Azael returned the smile before kneeling before the boy.

"Henry, I must ask you to do something very important. I wish for all the world that there was another way, yet I find myself with no other option." Azael began sadly.

"If I can help, just ask. I'm very brave you know."

"Yes you are."

Henry grinned proudly.

"As I mentioned, I am leaving. I hope in doing so I will rectify my dilemma. However, if the unforeseen should happen, I wish to be certain that you are safe." Azael continued.

Henry frowned as he listened, puzzled to what was going on.

"You must know that it is a dangerous task. I will understand if you refuse. But I am hoping you will help me save this town."

Henry thought for a moment. Naturally, he was frightened at the prospect of jumping into unknown danger. Neverland had proven to him that making quick decisions had harsh consequences. Nevertheless, he knew he could not live with himself if he did not help. Squaring his shoulders, he took a deep breath.

"What do you need me to do?"

Azael smiled as he watched the boy fight against his own fears for the greater good. He pulled from his jacket pocket the steel pommel. Gently taking Henry's hand in his, he placed it against his open palm.

"You remember this?" Azael asked.

Henry nodded, his eyes focused on the object.

"Then you remember that it is a special blade. What I did not tell you is that only two individuals can wield it. One is the Harvester and the other is a being pure of heart. You, Henry, are such a person."

"Am I really?" Henry swallowed.

"I have seen none other who carries the light of pureness in his heart as you do." Azael affirmed.

"What do I do with it?"

"Listen closely, I will explain everything."

Henry quickly grabbed the vial from his pants pocket and spread the powder contained inside creating a circle around him. Then lifting the sword high and with all his might plunged the sword into the ground.

Casbeal, regaining his composure, stared as the child drove the blade into the earth consequently leaving him unarmed. He laughed at the outright naive misstep. He slapped his own blade against his hand as he stepped closer to the boy.

"Rendering the sword useless defeats the purpose of drawing a weapon. You have left yourself defenseless. This is a lesson you will soon learn once you join our ranks, if you survive your training." Casbeal stated as he stepped nearer.

Henry patiently waited as each step brought the man where he needed him. As Casbeal's foot touched the edge of the circle, Henry began his chant.

"Ut sementem feceris, ita metes. Nos omnes stabimus judicium." Henry pronounced his eyes fixed on Casbeal.

"How dare you?!" Casbeal shouted before the first wave of pain shot through his body.

The circle burst with brilliant blue flames, which instinctively trailed towards Casbeal. The Host could do nothing but watch as it crawled along his legs and up his body. Desperately he pulled at his feet trying to break them from the hold. Unfortunately, he was rooted where he stood.

The fire's tendrils licked across his flesh before burrowing deep. As it travelled inside his body, its light shined through, turning his skin translucent.

Henry stood transfixed as he watched it literally consume the man from the inside out.

Casbeal turned his eyes towards Henry, his teeth clenched tight from the pain.

Henry's lips turned up in a smile eerily similar to that of his mother, the Evil Queen.

"Azael says he will see you in hell."

Casbeal's head falls back, his mouth frozen in a scream, as his body explodes into ash.

The explosion illuminated the night sky with the brilliance of fireworks. The blast swept from the town across the forest and into the field. Everyone looked at one another in surprise, except Azael who remained grinning.

"What have you done Fallen One?" Rahmiel snarled.

"Truthfully, I have done nothing. However, you are still one man short." Azael mocked.

Emma signaled for the others to step away. She got the funny feeling that the situation was soon going to escalate.

Rahmiel closed his eyes reaching out to his comrade. His brows furrowed, as he ultimately sensed nothing. Turning blazing eyes to Azael, he felt his usual calmness slipping.

Ruby felt her hackles rise as the air became thick with magic. She instinctively tapped Mary Margaret's shoulder, who then grabbed her husband's arm pulling him closer to her. Emma reached out her hand clasping it in Regina's leading her back to her side.

With the movement, Rahmiel caught sight of the glint from the gemstone hung about Regina's neck. Recognizing the object immediately, his lips curled into a smile.

Lashing out his arm, he slammed Azael to the ground knocking him unconscious, before lifting his hand up towards Regina. The magical snare wrapped around her body before drawing her to him.

Emma leapt forward to grab the brunette but collided against an invisible barrier. She quickly loosed her magic, muttering in frustration, as it ineffectively did nothing.

David swung his sword against it in an attempt to smash through by brute force while Ruby having partly shifted swiped at the wall with her clawed fingers.

"Your attempts are futile. You are all trapped until I am ready to deal with you. However, you have my full attention." Rahmiel leered.

"I'm flattered. It's not every day a woman is given such consideration by an obvious lunatic." Regina scoffed.

Emma slammed her palm against her forehead. Is she actually taunting the son of a bitch?

"Even now facing your possible demise, you are not afraid." Rahmiel remarked as he contemplated Regina. "I can see why my brother is enamored with you."

"That is where you are wrong. Azael is a friend, nothing more." Regina replied.

Rahmiel stepped into Regina's face.

"Do not lie to me girl! His gift tells otherwise." Rahmiel spat as his hand reached for the chain about her neck.

Regina stood perplexed by his fascination with the charm.

Rahmiel looked up into Regina's eyes and found himself surprised by the confusion displayed. He clapped his hands together loudly.

"Your naive attempt to obscure the truth by keeping others in the dark failed, Fallen One." Rahmiel declared to Azael's unmoving form. "All are guilty!" He shouted lashing out his foot. "Sacrilege!" He kicked the man again, rolling his body over onto his back.

Regina winced at the impact, wondering if Azael was even still alive. She glanced over her shoulder at Emma. She watched as the Savior continued to strike against the barrier with her magic, each time shouting curses as it remained intact.

They would all die here tonight if something were not done soon. Determined that Henry would not lose both his mothers, Regina decided on a course of action.

"Am I to stand here all night listening to your ravings? Because honestly speaking, these bindings are beginning to chafe." Regina grinned.

Rahmiel stared at her with steely eyes as he removed the sword from his belt.

"I cannot decide if you are truly fearless or simply feebleminded."

"I have been accused of being many things in my life however an idiot was never one of them." Regina rolled her eyes.

Rahmiel grasped Regina's shoulder squeezing until she whimpered.

"Then I have the satisfaction knowing you are fully aware of what I plan to do to you, your friends and the children." Rahmiel stated as he readied his sword to strike.

Regina closed her eyes, refusing to give the man the satisfaction of seeing her fear. However, it was not a fear of death but of the loss of Emma and Henry.

Emma thrashed against her magical prison, tears on her on cheeks as she screamed Regina's name. Mary Margaret turned her face into David's chest unable to witness what would come next. Ruby at her back clasped her hands over her mouth holding in a sob.

Rahmiel drove his sword forward, his laughter turned maniacal. He closed his eyes savoring his long awaited vengeance on Azael. Victory was finally his.

"Iustitiae meum est."

Rahmiel gasped at the whispered words as he stared into Azael's smiling face. Looking down, he found his sword buried deep into the man's chest. He desperately attempted to remove the weapon yet found it cemented. Releasing the sword, he stepped back.

"It is over brother." Azael sadly stated.

The third man stepped forward removing his hood. Azael at once recognized his old friend, Saresh. The Host turned towards Azael and nodded before he grabbed Rahmiel's arms locking him in a tight hold.

"Release me at once." Rahmiel commanded, struggling.

"I cannot General." Saresh replied. "By the power of the Host Guard you are found guilty of willful intent to harm a fellow Host and your brother."

"Preposterous! He is no brother. He is fallen!" Rahmiel shouted.

Saresh looked over to Azael, who remained protectively stood before the woman.

"I see a fallen one redeemed." Saresh declared.

"By what authority?" Rahmiel asked.

"Diuinum sacrificium."Saresh grinned.

Rahmiel shook his head laughing at the realization he was outmaneuvered.

"It is of no consequence. He will soon be but a memory." Rahmiel pronounced.

"As you will be, General." Saresh replied.

Saresh regarded Azael, a solemn look on his face.

"Incolumi itinere frater." Saresh said before he disappeared, along with Rahmiel, in a flash of a light.

Azael bowed his head, before collapsing to the ground.

Sensing she was free, Emma ran towards Regina scooping her into her arms. Emma pulled back first, her glassy eyes fixed on Regina.

"I thought I'd lost you." Emma whispered.

"For a moment, so did I." Regina replied, stroking her fingertips along Emma's jaw.

Emma pulled her into an embrace, clutching tightly. Regina pressed her face onto the blonde's chest reveling in the warmth and security found in the Savior's arms.

"Oh, Regina, thank goodness you are alright." Mary Margaret threw her arms around them.

Regina thought on how she would have cringed in the past at such intimate contact from Snow. But was delightfully surprised how much she welcomed it now.

"Regina!" Ruby exclaimed.

Regina turned towards the young woman to find her standing beside Azael's prone body. Remembering the man and his unexpected sacrifice, Regina quickly kneeled on the ground taking his head into her lap.

"Azael...Azael..." Regina gently shook him.

"Regina?" Azael opened his eyes.

"Yes, I'm here." Regina replied.

"Is the boy safe?" Azael tried to sit up.

"Don't move." Emma stated placing her hand against his shoulder as she kneeled beside Regina. "Ruby, try and get a hold of Belle."

"On it." Ruby replied pulling out her cell phone.

Emma reached over in an attempt to remove the sword. However, as her fingers grazed the pommel, the entire weapon disappeared.

"What the hell just happened?" Emma startled.

"No need to worry Sheriff. Our weapons cease to exist the moment we do." Azael smiled.

"Then the one you called Rahmiel is no longer a problem?" Regina asked.

"He will trouble you no more." Azael replied laying his hand on Regina's.

Suddenly racked by a coughing fit, his body shook with his attempts to draw breath.

"Emma, Belle says the kids are all fine. Henry is being celebrated as a hero." Ruby said shrugging her shoulders.

Emma and Regina shared a look, both wondering what their son had done.

"As he should be. The boy single handedly defeated the enemy." Azael declared through labor breaths.

"Azael, please quiet yourself. You have not yet healed. You will have opportunity enough to regale me with your story as I chastise you for using my son in one of your fool hearted schemes." Regina playfully scolded.

"Oh that I had the time, I would spin such a tale for you. Alas, I must entrust Master Henry to explain."

"Nonsense, you must heal yourself." Regina demanded.

"Regina, I don't think he can." Emma pointed towards the growing dark stain on Azael's chest.

Regina's eyes widened in fear as she noticed the ashen pallor of his face.

"No, you cannot die. I won't allow it." Regina shook her head.

Mary Margaret stood beside David, squeezing her hand in his, as her heart broke. There was no doubt in her mind that Regina loved Emma, but she also knew that Regina once again was forced to watch someone she cared about die in her arms.

"Regina, I believe Emma is right." Mary Margaret sadly said.

"You know nothing of magic." Regina frustratingly attested. "However I know someone who does."

"Regina, I don't think we should..." Emma began.

"Rumpelstiltskin I summon thee." Regina commanded despite the other's protests.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

Mute Girl Oleh 2manyOTPs

Fiksi Penggemar

83.9K 2.1K 13
Emma Swan is sent to camp for a school year. They teach you and you learn stuff. Regina Mills goes every year and now she meets Emma. G!p
4.6K 265 10
SwanQueen. This story takes place after Season 3 Finale. It's not gonna follow the plot that Adam and Eddy made but you could have guessed that. VIV...
195K 7.4K 40
Regina is finally accepted amongst her people and is ready to be crowned The Good Queen over all the realms, but there's only one person that she wis...
146K 5.1K 27
It's been about two years since Emma Swan broke the Evil Queen's Dark Curse. Everyone in Storybrooke has been transported back to the Enchanted Fores...