Book One: Second Chance

By SoaringSpirit

Amethyst was kidnapped the night before her fifteenth birthday, since that night till after her eighteenth bi... More

Book One: Second Chance
Prologue
Chapter One: The Special Six
Chapter Two: Pick and Choose
Chapter Three: Submission
Chapter Four: Embarrassment
Chapter Five: Tough Life
Chapter Six: Unknown Pack
Chapter Seven: Rescued
Chapter Eight: Sweat and Blood
Chapter Nine: First Kill
Chapter Ten: Damage Control Stage
Chapter Eleven: Check Up
Chapter Twelve: Meeting Other Ex-Prisoners
Chapter Thirteen: Play Time
Chapter Fourteen: Sweet News
Chapter Fifteen: Sympathy
Chapter Sixteen: The Run Home
Chapter Seventeen: Reunion and Confusion
Chapter Eighteen: So Much Hatred
Chapter Nineteen: New Friends and Old Ones
Chapter Twenty: The Stars
Chapter Twenty-One: A New Home
Chapter Twenty-Two: Fixing One Wrong
Chapter Twenty-Three: Loud Music plus Drinks
Chapter Twenty-Four: Congratulations are in Order
Chapter Twenty-Five: Impatience
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Welcome to the Pack
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Deal Making
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Goodbyes
Chapter Thirty: A Really Good Game
**Author's Note** (Novella's)
**Author's Note** (Book Two)
Bonus Story: Tessa's First Night with Quinn

Chapter Twenty-Six: Tale of a Survivor

220 13 0
By SoaringSpirit

After receiving a message this morning during breakfast that Alpha Justin of The Silver Eyes Pack wanted my presence in his office as soon as I could. I had exchanged wary glances with Tessa and Tommy, then because I had already finished breakfast I had stood up saying bye to them, my brother and his mate I had followed the male Guard to the Alpha’s house.

Which is where I’m currently standing outside of, not sure whether I should continue forward or turn around and go back to the house. But when the front door opens and a young male walks out with a football tucked up under his arm I hesitate as I stare up at him.

He’s gorgeous; tall and muscular with dark brown hair just the right length to catch your fingers in, his captivating brown-gold eyes meet mine as I dumbly stare at him. I feel a blush form over my cheeks as a smirk grows across his lush plumb lips.

Deep within me I feel a pull to walk toward him, throw my arms around his neck and kiss him. But I push that away as a silly feeling because he probably already has a beautiful mate. The guy walks down the porch steps and stops in front of me, his scent tickles my nose.

“I’m guessing you’re here for my father.” He stats rather than asks.

But I answer anyway. “Yes…”

“He’ll be waiting in his study.” He smiles gently as he reaches one of his hands toward me about to lift a strand of my hair but he stops just before dropping his hand to his side.

“Thank you.” I give him a small smile.

“Derek babe, are you out here?” A high pitched voice asks as another figure comes out the door, a female.

Derek rolls his eyes sighing heavily before forcing a tight smile across his handsome face. “What do you want Katherine?” He turns toward the girl – Katherine.

“Just making sure you didn’t go anywhere without me.” She struts down the porch steps black shoulder length hair bouncing slightly, when she reaches Derek’s side her jade green eyes rake over me with a hint of disgust. “And who are you?” She practically snaps.

What a bitch… I think absently to myself as I meet her gaze evenly. “No one you need to worry your pretty little head with.” I sneer at her.

She gasps clearly not liking what I said. “I should have you punished for that.” She glares at me.

I let out a short laugh. “Give it your best shot Bitch.”

Then I shove her to the side and brush up against Derek’s arm as I walk past up the porch steps and into the Alpha’s house. Following the instructions that the Guard gave me before returning to his post I quickly go over them in my head.

In the front door, turn left the first dark wood double doors you see are it. Knock twice and wait for him to invite you in…

But I don’t get to knock before a voice calls for me to enter. I push the doors open and walk in, taking in the interior quickly. But besides for shelves running up the left and right wall fall of different things, a desk with a high back black leather chair behind it and two other chair in front of the desk there isn’t much else in the room.

Besides for the two people currently standing behind the desk looking at me, I bow my head respectfully to Alpha Justin and Alpha Reid showing them that I mean no disrespect.

“Come and have a seat Amethyst. I just want to ask you a few questions.” Alpha Justin says as he gestures toward the two seats on this side of the wooden desk. “Unless you would prefer to stand.”

I quickly walk over to one of the seats and lower myself into it. “Sitting is fine sir.”

Alpha Reid takes the seat next to me while Alpha Justin takes the one behind the desk; he rests his elbows of the desk. “How are you settling in?”

I think the question over for a short second. “I’m settling in fine thank you.” I smile.

He nods. “That’s good to hear. Is everyone in the pack treating you and Tommy with respect?” He moves on.

I let my eyes travel up the cream coloured wall behind him as I think it through. “Most yes.”

“Who isn’t?” Alpha Reid speaks up.

“The only one is Katherine who I only just met anyway.” I say reflecting on our very short meeting.

Both men chuckle.

“The one you called bitch because coming in.” Alpha Justin smiles.

Shocked for a split second I stare at him openly. “Werewolf hearing right? I didn’t mean to be rude.” I confess.

Alpha Justin shakes his head still smiling. “Don’t worry about it. Most members, including my son don’t like her. But you’re the first one, again besides my son to actually let her know.”

“Oh…” I utter as I fidget. “Who is she exactly?” I ask curiously.

“My son’s Replacement Mate.” Alpha Justin’s smile drops instantly. “Two months after his eighteenth he still hadn’t found his mate, so the Elder Council arranged a Replacement. He needs a mate to take my spot.”

I nod my head slowly. “I’m sorry for prying.”

“No, no it’s okay.” Alpha Justin reassures with a weak smile. After a short minute silent he looks at me. “I was wondering if you could tell me what happened to you and Tommy. I will ask him but I’m not sure I’ll get much.”

I stay silent for a while wondering if I should tell, but then I remember that I said it’s time to move on, that was the past. “Sure.” I say looking back up to meet Alpha Justin’s gaze. “The night before my fifteenth birthday I spent watching TV with my older brother, I must have fallen asleep on the couch because when I woke up next Noah was carrying me up to my room. Before he left he checked the locks…”

“…They had six of us in this room, one female from each pack within the vicinity. We were labelled as the Special Six. Once we had all had our sixteenth birthdays we were taken to another room where Roman and Quinn; the Alpha and Beta’s sons got to pick one each. Roman chose me and Quinn chose Tessa. The rest of the girls were thrown to the packs members…”

“…It wasn’t all that bad I suppose, I mean after Roman got to know me more and vice versa he allowed me to go with him to breakfast, lunch and dinner with his father and Beta, Tessa and Quinn were also there. The boys also allowed us to accompany them of some of their duties…”

“…After our eighteenth birthdays our wolves started playing up, wanting to find our mates, wanting only to let our mates touch us. That was when Roman and Quinn changed. Leaving us in the holding room during the day and keeping us with them in their rooms at night. Until one morning when there was an urgent pack meeting called and we found out that we were being attacked by another pack. The boys locked us back up…”

“…Next thing I know is that the door to the holding room is being busted open and three giant wolves stand in front of Tessa and I, we can hear the fighting and everything even clearer now that the doors open. We turn into our wolves and follow Alpha Reid and the other two out, joining up with others as we leave the cave system…”

“…On our way through the forest one of The Blood Eyes members attack the Guard next to me causing him to land on me. Sebastian is injured from this so I end up knocking him out of the way and killing the member of Blood Eyes. After that we head back to Copper Eyes.” I finish telling my story not leaving out one detail. Well besides for some things that happened. But I think they pretty much figured the rest out anyway, there not dumb.

After that we sat in silence for roughly ten minutes, no one talking or moving as the two Alpha’s allow what I told them to sink in, occasionally I’d see an emotion flicker through their eyes but that was all.

“I don’t know what to say…” Alpha Justin trails off as he finally looks up from his desk at me.

I just slowly nod my head. “That is alright sir. It’s all in the past now anyway.”

He gives me a small smile. “I’m glad to hear that.”

“Thank you for sharing that with us Amethyst. You were very brave too. I haven’t talked to Tessa about it but I get the feeling that she’ll lock me out if I bring it up.” Alpha Reid says as he looks at me soberly.

“She most likely will. But she needs to talk to someone about it. Preferably someone she’s close too. She might even chose to tell Drew first. Just let her chose who and when.” I say as I meet his gaze.

He nods in understanding. “Thank you for all you’ve done for my daughter.”

“Amethyst?” Alpha Justin says after a brief pause.

I turn my attention toward him.

“I would like you to attend school.” He says gently.

“For us?” I question.

“Yes. For us. You will start as soon as classes are back on. I’m not quite sure when that will be off the top of my head, but I’ll get someone to let you know.” He leans back in his chair.

“Of course sir.” Is all I can think to say.

“But you will be in a class full of sixteen year olds. Tommy will be in one of the other classes.” He looks at me apologetically for a second.

I lift my chin up showing that I’m up for the task. “I’m sure I’ll survive sir.”

                                                                  *  *  *  *  *  *

Okay. So that was LAAAAST weeks chapter. I'm so sorry that I didn't post last week but I was being lazy... Which I didn't like myself. So this week I've been working twice - no three times as hard.

Anywho. That was chapter 26 I hope you enjoyed it :) FAN/VOTE/COMMENT and I'll give ya a giant hug :)

Byezzz

SoaringSpirit :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8M 914K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
3.8M 158K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...