Of Witches and Warlocks: The...

By TheQueensofRomance

Of Witches and Warlocks: The Complete Series. "Couldn't get enough of this book! It has all the elements of a... More

Praise for the Of Witches and Warlocks Series
Copyright
Dedication & Acknowledgements
Book One: The Trouble with Spell - Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Book 2: The Demon Kiss - Ch. 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Book 3: Blood of the White Witch - Ch. 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Book 4: The Dark Rising - Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Book 5: Possession of Souls - Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue

Chapter 5

2.6K 150 2
By TheQueensofRomance

Chapter 5

Vance and I followed Fiona up the large staircase to the second floor. Turning to the left when we reached the top, we passed several closed doors as we walked down the tastefully decorated hall. Fiona continued to lead us forward until we stood before the large set of double doors at the very end, opening one side for us to enter.

To say the suite, which lay beyond, was plush was a complete understatement. Handcrafted wood furniture was painted white. In fact, all of the décor in the room was white, from the extremely large king-sized bed with thick pillars that twisted into the wooden canopy overhead, to the luxurious silk duvet, which was layered with an incredible amount of throw pillows. At the foot of the bed sat a chenille covered, button tufted bench. At one end of the room was a sitting area with beautifully carved chairs in the Queen Anne style, next to a slightly distressed white coffee table, placed in front of a fireplace.

Large windows graced the exterior wall, covered in sheers that filtered the light. Heavier drapes hung over the top of those, and I imagined that if they were closed, they'd block the light completely.

In sharp contrast to the furnishings, the walls were covered in a dark, richly paneled wood. The richness of the walls helped to set off all the white-on-white décor in the space.

"Will this room do for you?" Fiona asked, rubbing an imaginary wrinkle out of the duvet with her hand.

"It's perfect," I said, feeling a bit like a fairy princess in a magical tower.

"I agree," Vance added with a nod, still seeming formal as he addressed her. "Thank you again for your hospitality."

Moving next to him, Fiona placed her hands on the side of his face, stroking it gently with her thumbs. "You have no idea how excited we are to have you here, my dear boy," she said, with a longing stare. "I look forward to getting to know you better."

"Likewise," he replied, giving her a slight smile.

"Well, I'll leave the two of you here to get acquainted with the place." She moved toward the door. "Get comfortable and make yourselves at home. I'll send Colin up to tell you when lunch is served."

"Colin?" I didn't recognize the unfamiliar name.

"The butler, dear," she replied. "If there's anything else you find yourselves in need of, just ask Colin and he'll be sure to get it for you."

"Thank you," Vance said as she moved to toward the door.

"Oh!" she said, almost as an afterthought. "Feel free to explore any part of the house you wish, except for the east wing. We're currently under renovations there, and my allergies act up if people keep going in and out with all the dust and everything."

"No problem," Vance said.

"Hopefully the work will be finished while you're here and you'll be able to get the complete tour. Feel free to explore the grounds of the estate as well," she added with a smile, before she walked out, closing the door behind her.

Vance immediately turned to me, and I wrapped my arms around his waist, leaning my head against his muscled shoulder.

"How are you holding up?" I asked. Encircling me in his embrace, he rested his chin on the top of my head.

"I'm not sure," he said, sighing, as if he were releasing the weight of the world off his shoulders. "This is a bizarre and unexpected turn of events."

"Well, they seem genuinely happy to have you here," I countered, trying to give him something positive to look at.

"That's true." Pulling back slightly, he stared at me. "What about you? Do you feel comfortable about staying here?"

"As long as I'm where you are, I'll be fine." I smiled, tightening my arms around his waist.

"You're too good to me. You know that, right?" Lifting a hand, he cupped my face, caressing my lips with his thumb.

"Not possible. You deserve the best of everything life has to offer. I know how much you've always wanted family to share that with. Maybe this is your chance."

"Speaking of family, what are your thoughts on my mom?" Slipping his hand into mine, he led me over to the chairs by the coffee table, and we sat down.

"I think Darcy was probably lying," I answered him honestly, though I knew it was probably the last thing he wanted to hear.

"I'm afraid of that, too," he said with a sigh. "I was so hopeful she was right. I wanted to know the demon I destroyed wasn't my mom."

"Don't give up yet." I encouraged him, hating the crestfallen expression he was wearing. "Maybe Darcy was only misleading us about your grandparents. We'll keep looking around while we're here, just to make sure."

"That sounds good."

Feeling the urge to explore, I got up and walked through one of the adjoining doors in the room, discovering a very large walk-in closet, which was bigger than my whole bedroom back in Sedona. I was surprised to find several articles of women's clothing hanging inside.

"It looks like this used to be someone else's room at some point," I called out the door to Vance. "There are a lot of things in here." Leaving the closet, I went to the next door, finding it led to an extravagantly large bathroom. "Vance, come look at this!" I said, taking in the extravagant sight before me.

Entering behind me, he stopped and stared. "Wow."

"Check out that bathtub!" The giant custom-tiled bathing area was sunk down into the floor. It looked more like a small swimming pool than a bathtub.

A slow grin spread across Vance's face. "I think we're going to need to try that out."

"That sounds perfect! You need to relax." Moving, I stepped behind him, massaging the tense knots in his shoulder.

"That feels amazing," he replied, tipping his head forward, allowing my fingers better access.

"So how about we have the bath after dinner tonight? I'll finish massaging you, and you'll sleep better," I suggested, wanting to help him somehow.

"There's only one reason I haven't been sleeping good lately, and I have no intention of changing any of that." Grinning over his shoulder, he shot me a sultry look I couldn't possibly miss the meaning of. He dragged me in front of him, and for a moment, I thought he was going to kiss me. I was totally surprised when he turned me around so he could massage my neck.

"You're right," I responded with a soft groan. "That does feel good. I can't wait until this evening." Releasing me, he took my hand, pulling me out of the bathroom and back into the bedroom.

"We have about an hour before lunch. You want to take a quick nap with me? All of our . . . uh . . . eventful nights . . . are starting to catch up with me." Winking, he flashed a wide smile.

"A nap sounds divine," I replied, thinking he was exactly right. We had been pushing our physical limits lately.

Quickly, he pulled the bedding back, and then lifted me like I weighed nothing and sat me on the edge. Hands drifting lower, his fingertips skimmed my legs on their path to my feet. Then he removed my shoes, followed by his, and he crawled up to join me. I cuddled into the crook of his arm and he flipped the covers back over us.

"This is nice," I said draping my arm across his waist.

"Yes, it is."

Closing my eyes, I listened to the steady rhythm of his heart combined with his breathing, until it lulled me to sleep.

The room was plunged into darkness when I awoke, and it took a few seconds for me to regain my bearings. Rolling out of Vance's arms, I reached out, fumbling for where I thought the bedside lamp should be, finally connecting with it. Soft light flooded the space, and I realized we'd slept through lunch and then some. Hopefully we hadn't offended our gracious hosts.

Sitting up, I ran my fingers through my hair, only then noticing the silver tray just inside the door, which was loaded with food. I got up and padded across the plush carpet to investigate, finding a folded note set to the side. Opening it, I began to read:

I didn't have the heart to disturb you when I heard you were both sleeping. Unsure of when you might wake, I had Colin bring a tray for you.

Douglas and I have an appointment that we are unable to reschedule, so we will be out for most of the evening. If either of you need anything else, please don't hesitate to ring for Colin. He'll happily assist you.

Your luggage has arrived also.

See you tomorrow,

Fiona

Setting the note down, it was then I noticed our suitcases had been placed against the wall on the opposite of the double doors. It was official. We were now residents of Bell Tower Hall.

"Vance," I called to him and he stirred slightly. "Wake up, sleepy head. Our stuff is here now, and Fiona sent some some food up for us."

Slowly, he sat up, glancing around. "I'm guessing we overslept."

I chuckled. "Just a little. You want to help me get our things unpacked."

"Only if we get to do it the easy way," he replied with a grin.

"What's the fun of having magic if we can't use it to do things the easy way once in a while?" I chuckled, popping a strawberry into my mouth and I winked at him. Turning, I waved my hand at my suitcase and gestured toward the bed. It floated over setting down on the ottoman at the foot. A tiny flick of my fingers had the suitcase unzipped and my clothes floating through the air into the massive closet. "How was that?" I asked, tilting my head and smiling at him.

"Not bad. But I prefer my way still."

"And what way is that?"

"Like this." Staring at his suitcase, he clapped his hands together once. Instantly, his suitcase disappeared.

"What the . . . ?" I stared slack jawed at him. "Where did it go?"

Climbing from the bed, he walked over to the tray, picking up a strawberry. "In the closet, of course." He popped the strawberry in his mouth.

Running toward the massive closet, I peeked inside, finding all his clothing unpacked and hanging neatly beside mine.

"Oh my gosh! How'd you do that?" I asked, shocked.

"Magic, duh."

I folded my arms, staring at him. "You know what I mean."

"I'll teach you sometime. You just need to learn to think a bit bigger sometimes—outside the box, so to speak. You tend to use your magic like you use your mind—literally. Magic doesn't have to be literal."

Sighing, I watched as he picked up the tray of food, carrying it over to the coffee table, setting it down and gesturing for me to join him. He was a total conundrum to me. He could make suitcases disappear, but then carried the food tray himself.

I was never going to get the hang of this whole magic thing.

After we had eaten, I went into the bathroom and began to fill the massive tub, while Vance lit a fire in the bedroom grate. I browsed through some of the cabinets and found a bottle of bubble bath. Dumping a generous amount into the tub, it immediately began to froth, filling the room with a steaming, sweet-scented aroma.

As soon as it was full, Vance and I both climbed in, sinking down until the foamy water was up to our chins. He leaned against one end, dragging me up against him, and continued with the massage of my shoulders he had begun earlier.

"Hey, now. I was supposed to do this for you. Not that I'm complaining. You have magic fingers." I moaned, and he laughed.

"Yes, I do, as a matter of fact." Lifting a hand from my neck, he twirled his fingers around and bubbles from the bath suddenly swirled into the air creating an amusing environment of colorful reflections dancing about us.

Playfully, I splashed him with some water. "You know what I meant!"

"Hey, watch it! You're going to start something you can't possibly win," he chided me.

"Oh, I could win," I responded, fully confident in my own water sport skills.

He laughed. "Maybe you could, but we aren't going to find out tonight. This bath is about relaxation, so behave," he ordered me.

"Yes, sir!" I was more than willing to give in to his demands at the moment, the idea of relaxation sounding heavenly.

Several minutes passed as he worked out my kinks and knots, after which we traded places and I returned the favor.

"Mmm . . . that does feel good." Moving my hands over the sinewy muscles around his neck and shoulders, I couldn't help but be impressed with how strong and thick they felt. Giving him a massage was definitely no hardship for me. I could touch him all day long and never get tired of it.

"Okay, switch me places again." I did as he asked, surprised when he grabbed the shampoo bottle and began lathering up my hair, washing it for me.

"Ah," I groaned, closing my eyes as his fingers massaged into my scalp, releasing tension I didn't even know I had.

"I love your hair," he said, dragging his fingers through it.

"I hadn't noticed," I said facetiously, closing my eyes at the wonderful sensations he was creating. "But I think I should get to wash yours too."

"I'm game." Picking up the shampoo bottle, he handed it to me. "Have at it."

Turning, I faced him. I poured a good amount into my palm, and he raised his eyebrows.

"You got enough there?"

I laughed. "Maybe. We'll see." I rubbed my hands together, and then plunged them into his thick locks. Returning the favor, I massaged his scalp too, but then I decided it was time to get a little creative. "I wonder what you'd look like with a Mohawk?" Immediately, I swooped all of his hair together into the middle of his head, standing it straight up. Leaning back to inspect my handiwork, I couldn't help the giggle that escaped.

"You look so . . . ."

"Stupid?" he supplied, pursing his lips and staring at me.

I burst into giggles again. "I was going to say . . . cute."

"So, stupid."

"I can see you don't like it. Let me fix it." I parted his hair down the middle, gathering each side together so it looked like he had horns. "There. That's much better. Now you look a little—."

"Stupid?"

"Stop it!" I laughed. "You look sexy with horns."

"Okay. I'm thinking we've had enough shampoo time. Help me rinse this out."

"Aw. You're no fun!" I teased.

"I'm lots of fun." He smiled wickedly, his bright blue eyes twinkling. "As soon as we get out of here, I plan on reminding you what real fun feels like."

Blushing slightly, I laughed, and helped him rinse out his hair.

Tugging the comfy bathrobe around me, I stepped back into the bedroom, anxious to have some time to sit in front of the fire. Stopping suddenly, Vance bumped into me from behind.

"What's the matter?" he asked.

"Uh . . . there's a bottle of champagne chilling in a bucket of ice on the coffee table." I stepped to the side, so he could see for himself. "Where did that come from?" I asked staring at it and the two glasses that accompanied it.

"I'm guessing Colin must've brought it in," he replied with a shrug, moving past me into the room and going to sit down in one of the chairs. He didn't seem that concerned about it, but it felt a bit on the creepy side to me. I didn't like the idea that someone had been in our room while we were naked in the bathroom.

"Didn't you lock the door?"

He shook his head. "No. I didn't even think about it." Glancing toward the door, he pointed a finger at it. The lock turned easily, clicking into place.

"There. Is that better?" he asked with a wink.

I nodded, trying to brush my nerves away as I sat down. "Sometimes privacy is a good thing." I laughed quietly. "Especially when I'm with you."

"I understand completely." Popping the cork from the bottle, he proceeded to pour some in each glass, handing one to me.

Gingerly taking it, I raised the glass to my nose, sniffing at it before taking a tiny sip. I wasn't sure if I really cared for the champagne or not. It irritated me when the bubbles tickled my nose, but even worse was the fact I kept hiccupping every time I would try to swallow. Finally, I just gave up and set the glass on the table.

My eyes drifted to the plush white rug on the floor in front of the fireplace, and suddenly I had the urge to sit there, a little closer to the heat. Moving, I settled down, staring into the flames and allowing myself to become mesmerized by them. Lifting my hands, I began mimicking the flickering dance, swaying from side to side.

Taking a deep breath, I centered my thoughts, allowing energy to flow from me toward the fireplace. I felt myself connect with it, and I coaxed the fire, calling to it, and before long its movements began mimicking me, moving in the exact rhythm of my hands.

I was completely absorbed in my little game when Vance joined me on the rug, setting his empty glass on the table behind me. Lifting my damp hair away from my neck, he leaned in to kiss me there.

"You look gorgeous sitting here in the firelight," he whispered, his tongue darted out, licking at my skin right before he lightly nipped me there, too. As usual, I tipped my head back to give him better access to the spot. "So beautiful." He ran his fingers through the wet strands of my hair.

I closed my eyes, enjoying his touch and the magical moment he was weaving around us. Gently, he guided my face toward his and kissed me on the lips, parting them with his tongue. Pressing into me, he wrapped an arm around me and slowly lowered me down to the rug.

Long moments passed, our mouths tangled together in soft, extremely slow kisses. Despite his easy pace, the fire inside me was quickly igniting. Staring into his eyes, I loved seeing the emotions that passed through them while he kissed me. They spoke to me as clearly as the rest of his body—desire, trust, need, and love. The rest of the room melted away until all I could see was him.

Threading one of my hands into his hair, I placed the other on his sculpted cheek, allowing my fingers to trail lightly over the surface.

"I love you so much, Vance," I said in hushed tones, completely wrapped up in his spell, always his willing captive.

He smiled slightly. "I'm glad. Loving you makes me happier than I could've ever imagined." His eyes traveled over my face. "I still can't believe you're my wife now. You can't possibly know how happy you've made me."

"Then why don't you show me," I suggested, moving my fingers up to run over his brow.

Instantly, his mind was wide open, his emotions pulling me in as he linked with mine. All of his thoughts and feelings poured into my head, causing a rush of vibrations to move throughout my body—so intense I gasped out loud.

He chuckled softly at my reaction. "You asked for it," he said, a seductive grin lighting up the masculine dimples on his face.

"Yes, I did." My breath quickened as sensations I never felt before danced through me. "Whatever you're doing, please don't stop!"

"We're doing this, Portia, both of us," he explained. He sucked at my neck, and my breath caught in my throat again, everything he'd placed in my head intensifying with the addition of that physical touch. "This is my desire reacting to yours, each of us echoing back and forth off one another."

"But I have no idea what I'm doing! Why hasn't it been like this before?" I asked, gasping and throwing my head back as he licked up the side of my throat.

"I guess because we were never mentally linked during our previous times together," he mumbled into my mind through our connection.

"For heaven's sake, why not?" I exclaimed in exasperation, wondering if he had been holding out on me on purpose.

"Too preoccupied . . . didn't think of it . . . didn't want to rush you," he spoke in between kisses. "And I'm learning, too," he whispered in my ear right before he nibbled at my earlobe, sending waves of pleasure through me.

"Teach me everything you know. Don't leave out a thing," I begged, wanting to make him feel exactly like I did.

"That could take a while." He laughed softly.

"I don't care. Whatever you do, don't stop."

He chuckled. "I wouldn't dream of it, baby." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27 3 12
BOOK ONE: Without the traditional magics from her Witch and Fae bloodlines, Patricia Valtos thought herself to be boring, average, ordinary. Halfling...
3M 69.7K 79
WATTY AWARD FINALIST - MOST POPULAR - PARANORMAL ROMANCE Awarded MOST READ 2013 achieving #1 ROMANCE, PARANORMAL, FANTASY, NON TEEN FICTION CHARTS. A...
230K 19.8K 32
Sylas hates parties, but when he's invited to a fancy charity ball, he goes along for his sister's sake. After inadvertently stealing a magical relic...
43.4K 2.7K 47
In a world where all different creatures roam openly. There is only one rule that holds true. Stay true to your kind. A simple rule to those who we...