I'm Not Who You Think

By b_writing1d

*THE STORY IS NOT LIKE DARK* Harry Styles. What do you think of when you hear that name? Sweet? Generous? Hot... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
PLEASE EVERYONE READ
Over 7 years later...please read!

Chapter 46

4.7K 123 32
By b_writing1d

Harry's POV:

This is great. It feels good to be back. It feels good to be holding her while she sleeps, it's good to know I'm with her again, it's good to be home.

The morning hit and a tiny bit of lighting could be seen through the window in the bedroom. I leaned my head off of her chest, her hand that was resting in my hair easily falling over her stomach which was covered by the duvet. I softly kissed her forehead and plopped my head back down on my pillow beside her. I laid on my side and just looked at her as she carelessly slept so beautiful.

"I missed you more than anything." I mumbled, my morning voice cracky. My finger brushed through some of her long brown hair, pushing it out of her face. "And I love you so much." She began to stir around, her body becoming shaky.

"Please don't leave me." She mumbled, her tone scared. Her eyes remained closed as she seemed to be freaking out.

"Kate, I'm here." I said loudly. She scrambled around a bit more. I finally realized that she was dreaming and I don't want her having a bad dream any longer than needed.

"Don't leave me like this Harry!" She seemed to be sobbing, but no tears were coming through.

"Babe!" I yelled shaking her. "Kate wake up!" Her eyes suddenly fluttered opened and she looked at me like she was terrified. I pulled her body to be against mine, as she sobbed into my bare chest. I lightly traced circles on her bare back.

"I-I thought you lef-ft me again." She continued to sob. My chest became wet with tears, but I didn't even care at this moment.

"Shhh, it was only a dream." I hushed her. After a few minutes, she calmed down. Her breathing was back to normal, her sobs stopped, and I don't think she was even crying anymore. "Do you want to tell me what happened in your dream?" I brought myself to ask.

"W-we got into a fight.." She sighed, moving away from my chest and putting her head back on her pillow. Her face was red and puffy, her brown eyes glassy and dark. "You said you never loved me and then left." Her bottom lip quivered slightly but she bit it to have it stop. My mouth hung open slightly.

"Babe, it was just a dream. I love you with all my heart, and you know that." I reminded her. Her lips curved up into a light smile and I reached my thumb out to her cheeks and wiped away the remainder of her tears. "So, I have a question." I stated.

"Which is?" She still lightly smiled. God, that gorgeous smile. She's still beautiful even when just waking up and crying at the same time.

I took in a deep breath and let out a sigh.

"I didn't pay attention last night but," I sighed once again and bit my bottom lip. "did you cut while I was gone?" I questioned. Her eyes widened and she scooted slightly away from me.

"Of course not.." She coughed. I felt my heart drop. She's lying to me.

"Give me your wrist then." I demanded. She shook her head and put both of her arms under the duvet we shared. I grabbed her arm and yanked it up.

"Harry stop!" She begged, trying to yank her wrist from my grip. As I brought her wrist to be in my focus, she stopped fighting. "I cut Harry..." She finally said. Her wrist was covered in at least 6 newer scars, and there were 3 scabbed cuts added.

"Why would you do this!?" I was on the verge of tears and needed a second to let everything sink in. I let go of her wrist and climbed out of bed, grabbing my boxers and slipping them on.

"Where are you going?" She asked, the sound of crying already in her voice. I completely ignored her and walked out of the bedroom. I walked through the hall and into the bathroom, slamming the door behind me.

I walked up to the mirror, my tired image reflecting me. I hated what I saw. I saw a man who couldn't be there for his girlfriend, who couldn't stop her from doing wrong, who couldn't love her or kiss her, who did nothing. Anger for myself built up in a split second. My fist collided with the mirror as hard as it could, and I watched as all the pieces shattered into the sink.

Kate's POV:

He stormed out of the bedroom and down the hall. I heard the bathroom door slam shut and I just let my tears fall freely. Why did I do this to myself? He hates me now.. He would've supported me if he cared about what I've done... And I understand. I don't want to be a bother to him anymore..

I stood up and walked over to one of the dressers and grabbed a pair of my black sweat pants. I walked over to Harry's jacket, my tears blinding my vision slightly. Inside of the jacket was a black t-shirt that he slipped off with the jacket. I put the t-shirt on and sat down on the bed, continuing to sob.

Suddenly, a loud crash sounded and it went dead silent. I ran out of the bedroom and to the bathroom. When I tried to open the door, it was locked.

"Harry! Please open the door!" I begged and banged my fist against the cold wood. I stood there for a moment until I heard feet shuffle from inside the bathroom. The bathroom lock clicked and the door open. As soon as Harry saw me, he fell to his knees, his arms wrapped around my legs. I peaked my head to the left inside the bathroom to see the mirror was shattered and glass was everywhere.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry," I realized Harry just kept on repeating. I managed to fall down on the ground with him, which was hard cause he was basically restraining my legs from moving. He pulled me into his arms and we just sobbed into each others necks. I clung to his bare back tightly as he did the same to me.

"W-what happened?" I choked out after awhile of us just crying. We let go of each other and sat down criss-cross right across from each other on the floor. He held his hand out to me and I gasped. His knuckles were covered in blood and little pieces of glass were sticking out. I began to pull out the small glass from his hand as best as I could. My finger pads were covered in blood by the time I finished, but I could care less at this point.

"Use the shirt you're wearing." Harry stated. I tilted my head to the side slightly and looked at him confused. "To clean my hand.. Neither of us can go into that bathroom for a rag." Now I understand. But wait..

"Harry, I'm not wearing a bra.." I mumbled. He seemed to find himself chuckle and he looked at me.

"I think I saw plenty of you without anything on, Kate."

"Shut up and come on." I lightly giggled and we both stood up. We couldn't use the bathroom sink cause of all the glass, so we walked into the kitchen. I turned the kitchen sink on and set it to warm. I placed Harry's hand under the running water, and he slightly winced. Once the water blood was rinsed off and down the sink, I turned it off and told him to say there. I jogged back to the bedroom and picked up a old black hoody that was laying on the floor.

"Here," I said walking back into the kitchen with the hoody. I got a part of it wet and dabbed it along Harry's wounded knuckles. "Why'd you do it?" He sighed and looked down at his hand as I dried it with the dry part of the hoody.

"I did it cause I hated what I saw.." He admitted. I shook my head and held back my tears from what I had to tell him earlier.. Telling him that I cut. "I hated knowing I couldn't have been there for you for 6 months.. And my anger came out on my reflection." He let out a breath of air and I tossed the hoody in the trash can.

"I-I'm sorry.." I still continued to hold back my tears. I looked down at his hand which was now just red from the force he had. Little cuts were on his knuckles and were beginning to scab.

"Tell me why you did it." He said, walking into the living room. He sat down on the couch and opened his arms. I sat down and he pulled me against his chest.

"Everything?" I gulped.

"Tell me everything." He mumbled in my ear, goosebumps tracing my skin. I sighed and fiddled with my thumbs.

"Well. First thing.. You were gone. I didn't know what to do. The emotional pain was killing me.. But that's not what made me cut. It was," I paused for a moment and tried to catch up with my words. "it was Jack.." I felt his body tense, but then quickly stop.

"What did he do?" He said between gritted teeth. His chin rested on my shoulders while his fingers intertwined with mine.

"It was months ago.. But he came over and wouldn't leave till I was able to put a knife up to him." Harry chuckled into my ear and kissed my neck softly. "After he left, I just lost it.. And that's when I first cut." I sucked in a large breath.

"I don't want that douche near you. Understand?" He basically demanded, his voice soft but stern. "He causes nothing but trouble and it hurt you." He sounds so professional, but so sweet. He planted warm kisses along my neck, my eyes shutting. A surprise moan escaped my lips, having Harry stop and chuckle deeply. "Continue."

"Then, it was just that you were gone.. And Anne, I mean, your mum took me out for coffee last week or so.. And I saw him again.." I mumbled, my eyes shut and I shook my head. "He wasn't alone."

"What did he do to you!? Was he with Dan!?" He snapped. I moved my body slightly away from his, but to still be in his arms.

"No no. He was with Lisa." I told him. He groaned and let out a large breath of annoyance.

"The Lisa that said that you were using me and she was going to use Niall?" He asked. I rolled my eyes and look down at our hands.

"What other Lisa do I know?" I giggled.

"Okay okay, good point. Just finish with this." He laughed. Why we found that funny, I don't know.

"And finally.. Harry, don't feel bad about this." I sighed. His chin rested back onto my shoulder and I felt him nod. "Your fans were giving me lots and lots of hate."

"Baby.. I'm sorry." He said and kissed my cheek. I frowned. I don't want him to feel like it's his fault.

"It's okay. I'm better now that you're back." I found myself smiling while saying that. It still feels like I'm dreaming while being with him again.

"Listen to me," he said removing my body from his arms so I could look at him. "I never want you to do this to yourself again, okay?" He lightly grabbed my wrist and planted a gentle kiss to the scars and cuts.

"Okay." I sighed. I brushed my hand against his cheek, watching as his dimples popped. He brought his face closer to mine, our lips connecting together. I ran my fingers through his curls and he began to climb on top of me. His tongue surprisingly slipped into my mouth, taking me off guard. His warm body pressed into mine, sparks flying everywhere. This is the first passionate kiss we've had in months.

"What the fuck?" Harry groaned as a knock came from the door. He climbed off of me and walked to the door, me following close behind. He grabbed it and I hid behind Harry by who I saw.

"Go!" I yelled. It was Jack, Dan, and Lisa..

"What the fuck do you guys want?" Harry snapped. Lisa had a sorry look on her face. Her long straight blonde hair was down, her blue eyes sparkling, but there was no expression on her face.

"Please, just give us five minutes to talk to you guys." Jack pleaded. I rested my hand on Harry's back, softly rubbing circles. Jack looked scared, the way his eyes met mine but I quickly looked away.

"In your fucking dreams." Harry laughed and began to shut the door, but Dans foot wedged in between. Harry groaned and opened the door.

"We don't want any drama. Please?" Dan begged. I was taken by surprise. Did Dan just say... 'Please?'

"Fine, you get five minutes between the three of you idiots to talk." Harry said opening the door and stepping aside, allowing the others to walk in.

"Harry.." I whispered to him.

"It's okay. They have 5 minutes to say whatever they need to say."

A/N:

Wooo! I updated quick this time. Sorry, but I've just been busy and I'm now trying to update lots before school starts in two weeks. Like I said in the last chapter, this story will probably only be going up to 55 or 60 chapters. I know, this chapter was blah blah boring, but lots is about to happen :3

So, let me recap you on Lisa and Dan.

Lisa was Kate's best friend at one point. Kate tried to set Lisa up with Niall, but it didnt work out cause Lisa accused Kate of using Harry and said she was only going to use Niall.

Dan was the boyfriend Kate had right before Harry. Dan used to beat Kate and was a complete dick to her.

I'm trying to get some of the characters back from the beginning to add a little more drama and shit.

So you guys can comment and vote. I noticed you haven't been doing a lot of lately :/

Anywhore, I might actually be updating in a few hours again :3

Thanks for over 90K reads <3

Love you guys (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

335K 7.5K 47
[COMPLETED] It is well known that the world isn't a nice place. There are too many people and not enough humanity. Emma learns this very quickly when...
16.6K 483 49
(BOOK ONE) (Complete but Editing) A chance meeting between southern beauty Maddie Grey and the famous four boys of One Direction. Maddie and Harry be...
95.1K 2.2K 77
Gwen was trapped working in a restaurant kitchen by day, and made to be another type of "worker" at night, but not by choice. She was adopted from a...
49.5K 3.2K 23
Harry cherished Hannah's heart even when it was in someone else's hands.*** A marriage contract, an abusive husband and a forbidden love force Hannah...