Underthink

By TheeJaffaCake

Being a teenager is confusing; especially with love, friendships, illnesses, college, arguments and hormones... More

Chapter One // Rae
Chapter Two // Sophia
Chapter Three // Louise
Chapter Four // James
Chapter Five // Iris
Chapter Six // Zane
Chapter Seven // Dale
Chapter Eight // New Friends In Unexpected Places
Chapter Nine // Best Friends?
Chapter Ten // Elise
Chapter Eleven // Headaches
Chapter Twelve // Safe
Chapter Fourteen // Opening Up
Chapter Fifteen // Abandoned
Chapter Sixteen // Mud Stains
Chapter Seventeen // The Broken Past
Chapter Eighteen // Laughing Stock
Chapter Nineteen // Stress
Chapter Twenty // A Disappointment
Chapter Twenty One // Ward Five
Chapter Twenty Two // The Past Haunts Us
Chapter Twenty Three // Seven Hours
Chapter Twenty Four // I Have You
Chapter Twenty Five // Tea Bags
Chapter Twenty Six // Iris' Eighteenth
Chapter Twenty Seven // The Break Dancer
Chapter Twenty Eight // Pizza And Confessions
Chapter Twenty Nine // Piggybacks
Chapter Thirty // Liar
Chapter Thirty One // Tiled Floor
Chapter Thirty Two // Blackmail
Chapter Thirty Three // Leila
Chapter Thirty Four // The Love Triangle
Chapter Thirty Five // Making A Scene
Chapter Thirty Six // Violated
Chapter Thirty Seven // Cheater
Chapter Thirty Eight // The Failed Journey
Chapter Thirty Nine // Fireworks And Cheering
Chapter Forty // Helpful Strangers
Chapter Forty One // "Dear Elise.."
Chapter Forty Two // Breaking Point
Chapter Forty Three // Freedom
Chapter Forty Four // The News
Chapter Forty Five // Blankets And Cuddles
Chapter Forty Six // Vintage Cafe's And Ladybirds
Chapter Forty Seven // Leaving You Behind
Chapter Forty Eight // Love
Chapter Forty Nine // Heart To Heart
Chapter Fifty // Family Fury
Chapter Fifty One // Clouds
Chapter Fifty Two // Relief
Chapter Fifty Three // The Adult
Chapter Fifty Four // Support And Love
Chapter Fifty Five // The Sky After A Storm
Chapter Fifty Six // Family Photos
Chapter Fifty Seven // Starry Night
Chapter Fifty Eight // The Fountain
Chapter Fifty Nine // Drowning
Chapter Sixty // White Flowery Dress
Chapter Sixty One // Fake Smile
Chapter Sixty Two // "I Can Do This"
Chapter Sixty Three // Roses
Chapter Sixty Four // The End

Chapter Thirteen // Hospital Road Trips

33 1 0
By TheeJaffaCake

- Zane's POV -

~~~~~~~

"You ruined my life!" Sophia screamed across the dark room, her voice creaked and echoed towards me. I stared at her as she cried loudly.

"I'm sorry! How many times do I have to plead for your forgiveness?!" I shouted back to her, she began to shake her head violently before wiping her tears away and looking at me.

"I will never forgive you. You should be in prison, you should be gone" She said calmly but loud enough to echo around the room again. Gone?

"Where?" I asked as my hands shook in fear, there was a loud screeching noise and the room seemed to be getting darker.. Sophia was fading away.

"Hell" She shouted angrily and suddenly I couldn't breathe.

~~~~~~~~

I jumped up quickly and looked around my bedroom in fear, what the fuck is happening to me? My breathing was quick and my whole body was shaking. I glanced over at my clock to see that it was 9:00am, I'm never awake at this time on a Sunday.

I got out of bed and made my way to the kitchen to get a glass of water to calm myself down from my horrible nightmare, why did I dream of something like that? Does Sophia really want me dead?

I drank the water slowly and looked around the kitchen, the house was empty.

"Mum?" I shouted and then waited for a response but I got none. I carried the glass of water up the cold wooden stairs and made my way into my mums bedroom which was empty. I was home alone.

My mates went to a party last night but I wasn't feeling it, I was still horrified that Sophia saw me beating up some guy at a party the other day. She looked terrified of me and I haven't saw that expression on her face since the day I fucked everything up, if I can even remember it correctly.

"The house party was crazy last night!! Richard was mad that you didn't show up" Derek had messaged me at 6:15am, I rolled my eyes. Do I give a shit what Richard thinks? He is the oldest in the group so the other lads bow down to him like a king and it annoys me.

I feel like I owe Sophia an apology for scaring her so much, maybe I should drop her a text message.. Or maybe I should go see her?

I got changed as fast as I could and made my way to Sophia's house which was a fifteen minute walk, it was now quickly approaching 11:00am.

Would she be mad if I showed up uninvited? She could be thankful for me apologising in person instead of a lousy message on her phone.

I was starting to freak out and over think my decision but I continued walking to her house until it was in sight, here goes nothing!

I entered the street and approached her house to hear loud music and singing from Sophia's bedroom, I glanced up to see her and James jumping around, laughing loudly and dancing. I stopped walking and stared in the window at them for a moment, realising how much she didn't need me any more and how much she didn't care about me.

"Um.." Someone muttered behind me, I jumped in shock and looked back to see the girl that Sophia was with on the night I terrified her. She stared at me weirdly for a moment then looked up at Sophia's bedroom window.

"Wait.. You're Zane, Sophia's ex!" She shouted while pointing in my face, I stepped back slightly and stayed silent. I was waiting for her to tell me off.

"Why are you spying on her and James?" She asked.

"What? I wasn't I swear. I wanted to tell Sophia something" I said quickly. Sophia's friend laughed and walked on towards Sophia's house.

"She doesn't want to hear from you again I think she told you that loud and clear when you split up" She said, I sighed loudly and stormed off.

- Sophia's POV -

"Sophia? Why is the door broken?" I heard Iris shout from outside my house, I turned down the music and made my way downstairs to greet her while James continued to dance around like a dork.

"I will explain later, but hi!" I shouted happily before hugging her, Iris turned away from me and pointed to a guy walking in the distance.

"Do you see that guy over there? It's Zane, he was watching you and James dancing" She said before looking back at me seriously. What does he want? Last time I saw him he was beating up Dale then leaving him there to suffer, I do not want to talk to a coward like him.

"Zane?" I shouted, he looked back and began to walk away faster. Iris laughed loudly as we watched him disappear around the corner, I'll never understand him.

"You never told me why you guys broke up.." Iris said, I dismissed what she was saying and walked up the stairs.

"James, Iris is here!" I shouted, Iris followed me up the stairs and they greeted each other.

"Can I ask why you two are dancing around like idiots?" Iris asked before laughing, I shrugged and began to jump around on my bed.

"All I know is that I'm going to get in a lot of trouble when your parents get home, I broke the hinges on the front door.." James said before putting his head in his hands. I wasn't even worried about my parents being mad, if James wasn't there last night I don't know what could've happened to me..

We watched funny movies all night to cheer me up, I got lots of cuddles and we ate until we couldn't move. He is the greatest friend I have ever had.

My phone buzzed loudly at the other end of the room while I was jumping around like a dork on my bed, Iris got up and grabbed my phone.

"NO! DON'T TOUCH MY PHONE!" I screamed while sprinting towards her and snatching it from her hands, Iris and James stared at me in horror. I'm still expecting Justin to message me back about Iris' birthday surprise but so far I haven't got any luck.

"It's Rae!" I squeaked with excitement, I'm missing her terribly.

"Hi mermaid, I have no visitors for the next few hours.. Do you want to come down?" I asked her if Iris and James could join us and she was cool with it. Road trip to the hospital!

We quickly got ready and left the house, I set the door up right so it looked like it wasn't damaged..

"You are both going to be in so much trouble" Iris said while staring at the door and shaking her head, I laughed loudly before sprinting out of my garden and running down the street. I can't wait to see my fairy!

The bus stop was empty and I was in the greatest mood, so of course I had to make some noise to annoy the people who lived near by. I began to dance around again and shout at the top of my lungs.

"Why the hell is she in such a good mood?" Iris asked James while laughing, he shrugged and grinned widely at me. When the bus arrived I made my way to the back where the best seats were, Iris and James followed after me.

"Weren't you with Louise yesterday? I thought you couldn't get here?" Iris asked James, I went silent and looked at him.

"Wait.. Were you on a date or something and I ruined it? Oh my god I'm so sorry I didn't know" I rambled on and on while over thinking the situation, Louise is going to hate me more than she already does and I don't think that is possible.

"No! Listen, we were at her dads house and she didn't want to have dinner with him alone, but you're more important- I mean you were in trouble so I had to look after you" James stuttered anxiously, I looked away and my great mood was instantly gone.

The three of us sat awkwardly in silence until our stop came, I jumped up as fast as I could and got off the bus.

"I'm excited to see Rae" Iris said as she linked arms with me and we entered the hospital, James followed behind us. Rae was on the third floor which meant we had to take the elevator and James HATES them.

"Do we really have to? Can't we take the stairs?" He said with a nervous laugh, I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand before pulling him into the small cramped box with me and Iris. I pressed floor three and it began to move, James grabbed onto my arm tightly as if he was about to cry and Iris laughed at him.

When we finally made it to floor three James jumped out of the elevator before the door had properly opened, he sighed with relief. They both followed me through the busy wards to a single room at the end of the corridor, I knocked and Rae let us in.

"MERMAID!" She shouted happily before giving me a hug, she was in a blue night gown and was dragging a huge metal pole with some wires attached to it around the room with her. Rae hugged Iris and James and thanked them for coming to see her, it felt good to be with her and not be messaging 24/7.

"How is the chemo going Rae?" Iris asked, we all got seats and set them in a little circle.

"It's going alright I guess" Rae laughed, James helped her back into bed and tucked her in.

"I'll go get us some snacks from the vending machine outside" James said as he left the room, I sat on the end of Rae's comfortable bed and smiled widely at her.

"TELL ME ABOUT THIS GIRL! YOUR NEW FRIEND!" I shouted excitedly, Rae clapped her hands and began to tell me about this girl named Elise..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98 4 8
They grew up together, fought together, played together. One night changes their relationship and now there's no going back.
514 7 21
Girls and boys who were friends since kinder go to different schools and go through a roller coaster of emotions..
68 0 13
Katherine, a normal teenager, has a run in with one of the most sought after Seniors in her high school. One encounter, one kiss and one misundersta...
Amber By Lia Swift

Non-Fiction

1.2K 43 18
"That thing about 'Everything has changed' it's true, and it's all because of that one person, everything has turned upside down, my life, my dreams...