All About Revenge (#1) [NOT E...

By pumpkinyara

{Completed} Book #1 He finally answered the phone after the third ring. " You wanted to destroy me right ? D... More

Trailer
Forward
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Her
Chapter 2 - Him
Chapter 3 - The Game
Chapter 4 - First Kiss
Chapter 5 - The Confession
Chapter 6 - I Love You Too
Chapter 7 - You Are Hired
Chapter 8 - Marry Me ?
Chapter 9 - Happily Ever After.. Or ?!
Chapter 10 - He Promised Me !
Chapter 11 - He is Dead
Chapter 12 - letting him/me GO !
Chapter 13 - I'll help you
Chapter 15 - The Truth !
Chapter 16 - Plan mode : ON
Chapter 17 - First step
Chapter 18 - Sweetheart
Chapter 19 - Chocolate Kiss
Chapter 20 - Not Happy !
Chapter 21 - True Nightmare
Chapter 22 - Back Home
Chapter 23 - I am not alone
Chapter 24 - The slap
Chapter 25 - Safe
Chapter 26 - What is happening ?
Chapter 27 - Daddy's Issues
Chapter 28 - New Crush
Chapter 29 - Facing My Fears
Chapter 30 - He's Here
Chapter 31 - Slow dancing (Part one)
Chapter 31 - Slow Dancing (Part two)
Chapter 32 - The Almost Kiss
Chapter 33 - Mr. Friend
Chapter 34 - The drunken kiss
Chapter 35 - The Actual Truth
Chapter 36 - Honey Bunch
Chapter 37 - The Hot Coffee
Chapter 38 - Should I Apologize ?
Chapter 39 - To Grandma's
Chapter 40 - The Last Dance
Chapter 41 - Don't Leave
Chapter 42 - She's my girlfriend !
Chapter 43 - Picnic Day
Chapter 44 - Too Good to be True
Chapter 45 - The Last Goodbye
Chapter 46 - Forgiven ?
Chapter 47 - Change in Plans
- Sequel -

Chapter 14 - "Time Heals" is a lie !

10.7K 387 24
By pumpkinyara

Katherine's POV

2 year later...

The sun peeked in my bedroom window, lighting my hair like a fiery halo. I lifted my head from the pillow, my curly hair tumbling down my back like a waterfall. The suns vibrant rays sent a glossy, gold sheen all around the room, blending with the falling leaves of Autumn. The sound of the rhythmic waves tumbling in the surf brought a peaceful hymn to my ears, as I opened my window to engulf the cool Miami breeze. I closed my eyes yet again, the suns waking rays warming my body.

"You are up" Cara said coming standing beside me looking from the window into the beautiful scenery.

"You sure you wanna do this ?" She looked at me , concern filling her eyes.

"Yup sure, i've been running away for two years , i have to go back" I said with determination hiding the fear inside me.
Going back to LA and working
there will definitely bring all the memories back ,but i cant hide forever..

I cant keep running from the past.

It's been two years ! Two full years since the accident, but i still feel as if it was yesterday !
Caleb,Cara, Chase's parents and sister they all stayed by my side this whole time , we all helped each other to overcome the loss of Chase.

Caleb never left my side specially after he saw me trying to kill myself , i think he got really worried and he thought i may repeat it again, so he made sure that there is always someone watching me. Also he insisted that i should see a therapist , and after many arguments i gave up and i did ,and it was helpful actually .

Then my therapist said i need a vacation away from stress and from the past , so Cara , Caleb and I came to Miami. Caleb stayed for two weeks but then went back to Los Angles because of the company since now he is doing all the work and running the business after Chase.
But Cara and I stayed for a month and a half  and today we were going back to LA , Cara had a job there too, she took a break just to come with me.

I've never though i would have people that will care about me like this, they're all i have now, they are my only family.

I went out of the shower , and stood in front of the mirror drying my hair, looking at myself now i feel i've changed a lot in the last two years , i look older ,the innocence that Chase used to love has gone, when i look at my reflection i see a face void of emotions and cold .
My eyes lost the sparkle they once had, when i look deep in them , i just see a boring cold brown color , no life in them at all !

I've changed a lot , from both outside and inside, the walls that Chase once broke , i built them again , i just kept Caleb and Cara inside and i pushed all the others away, i cant let anyone get close to me anymore , the girl who once was capable of love is gone and she'll never come back.

"Kat , did you finish ? We don't want to miss the flight" Cara shouted from the other room jerking me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah yeah just 1 minute" i said while wearing my snickers , then  i took one last look out of the window enjoying the scene for one last time . I'm going to miss this , this place gave me some inner peace , a peace that was taken away from me for a long time.

We headed toward the airport, Cara didn't shut up the whole ride , she kept on talking and chatting with the taxi driver, asking him stupid questions...typical Cara !   

The flight from Miami to LA took 4 hours , Cara was sleeping the whole trip but i wasn't able to close my eyes , i was nervous and a little bit afraid . I mean i didn't came to LA since two years ago and this place is full with memories , memories i don't want to remember ! I know they are all happy memories and they should make me relieved but it is the exact opposite, those memories will just show me the happiness i lost , the happiness that i'll never be able to get back and it hurts, it hurts too damn much !

The voice of the airplane's captain announcing that we still have 5 minutes to land jerked me out of my thoughts , and snapped me back to the reality .
Cara was still sleeping , i woke her up.

"Cara , lazy ass , come on wake up ! We are going to land " i said shaking her shoulders.

"Mhm okay " she mumbled with here sleepy voice rubbing her eyes like a small kid.

Looking at her made my heart flutter , i mean she took a really long break from her job just to come with me , to take care of me. She stayed with me all the time trying to sooth the pain , trying to make me laugh and move on. I'm really thankful that i still have someone who cares that much about me.

"Why you are staring at me and smiling ! You look so creepy Kat !" She exclaimed looking at me with her sleepy eyes.

"Thank you !" I just realized that i didn't thanked her enough for what she did for me.

"For what stupid ?" She looked at me dumbfounded.

"For everything, For staying beside me and not leaving my side, for taking good care of me all the time , for making me smile and laugh , for helping me move on.... For being my best friend !" I said to here remembering every thing she've done to me.

"Aww , stupid Kat ! " she said and started crying.. This drama queen will never change ! "Don't thank me , that's what best friends are for ! I love you so much stupid !" She said while hugging me tightly , i hugged her back and closed my eyes for a while trying for one time not to think about what's gonna happen next.

Caleb was waiting for us at the airport , once i saw him a smile creeped into my face, i missed this guy !
He saw us and start waving like a kid.

"Oh Caleb ! " Cara squealed beside me. I have a feeling that she likes him but whenever i ask her she shuts me down and start saying that this is not the right time and start mumbling bullshits ! 

"How are my sexy girls? " Caleb said engulfing both of us in a bear hug.
"I missed you girls !" He said before pulling apart.

"We missed you too" Cara and Me said at the same time.

"Come on lets go !" Caleb ushered us away from the crowd to the parking lot.

"I need to pee ! " Cara suddenly said , this girl have no manners for gods sake !

"Okay go, the restroom is there but come back quickly !" Caleb directed Cara to the restroom and then came back to stand beside me.

"She is like a little kid !" He said amused and i chuckled.

"So how are you Katherine ? " He looked at me , concern filling those green eyes.

"Caleb i'm okay ! You cant stay worried about me all the time" i said convincing him that i'm okay , he cant always be afraid at me or that i will hurt myself or something !

"It is just am worried , you sure you are ready for this ? Ready to stay here , to go back working in the company ? I just want to make sure , i don't want you to get hurt !"

"Caleb you cant always be afraid that i am going to hurt myself, it has been two years Caleb and like they say "Time heals" , so i am okay and yes i am ready for this life , i cant run away and hide from my past , i cant live doing nothing and being useless ! Chase putted all of his stocks under my name,he trusted me that much,so I will work as hard as i can in order to achieve what he wanted , and you are gonna help me." I said trying my best to hide the fear and hesitation.

"Off course i'll help you , and we gonna do this together" He said.

"Okay guys i finished ! Lets go" Cara came out of nowhere and screamed scaring the shit out of us !

"Damn cara !" Caleb and me glared at her, she just shrugged and went toward the car.

Caleb mutter something under his breath i think it was "little child !" Or  something like that.

We arrived to my apartment, it is pretty good actually, Caleb insisted that i should live in a mansion or one of these big shity houses , but why i would live all alone in a very big house , it doesn't make sense so i told him to find a simple apartment but Caleb being Caleb he found me a pretty big yet really beautiful apartment, Also Cara wanted me to live with her but i rejected , i want to live on my own , i am not a kid , i want to build my life and stop being useless living under others protection , being weak drives me crazy !
I always hated being weak , and from now on i am not going to show any kind of weakness , i have to fight , because that what he would want me to Do !

"Wow ! Damn i like this place .. Kat can i move in " Cara said with her usual cheery voice and then looked at me with puppy eyes.

I just ignored her and glared at Caleb " I think i said SIMPLE apartment ! Is this your definition of simple ?" I said.

"This is less than simple ! " He looked at me pretending innocence.
"And you don't have any right to argue Miss Kat, you didn't want a mansion ,neither living with Cara , so just go and rest."

"Ugh jerk !" I said under my breath heading toward the other rooms.

"I heard you !" He shouted behind me.

______________

"I want to go with you !" This is like the billionth time i am pleading this jerk in front of me to take me with him to the company and he is just rejecting and telling me to rest ! Ugh he always treats me like a child.

"Please Caleb ! Come on ! It has been two years ! I want to see what changed."

"No ! You are tired , so just go and rest and tomorrow you will go ."

This stubborn bastard !

"Look if you didn't take me with you , i'll go alone . And stop treating me like a child ! I am fucking 24 years old " He was making me really angry !

"Katherine , it is just i don't think you should go today ,you should do every thing step by step , it is better that way. So please stay and rest." So that is why he doesn't want me to go , he is still worried about what would i do , because the company is full with old memories , when i used to work here with Chase..
But that is why i want to go ! I want to see if i can handle this, i promised myself i'll not be weak , and i will prove it !

"Caleb ! I am fine okay.
I am really fine, it has been two years , i moved on , i can handle these things ." I said hoping he will give up and take me with him.

He stared at me for a while and then said okay in an irritated tone.

"Okay lets drop Cara at her place , then go there." I said while wearing my snickers.

We dropped Cara at her place and now we are heading toward the company and i can feel Caleb glancing at me every now and then .Ugh he is going to drive me crazy ! What should i do to prove to him that i am fine .

I was so lost in my thoughts that i didn't feel that the car had stopped.

"Okay lets go !" Caleb said getting out of the car and i followed him.

We were walking toward the building when Caleb stopped me , putting his hand on my shoulder , i looked at him and saw the same worried expression.
I just glared at him " I am fine , okay?" He nodded and continued walking.

I felt all the eyes were staring at me , people were looking at our direction and whispering but that is not what mattered to me right now ,I was just looking around the building ,it look exactly the same ,every thing was just the same two years ago ! Well, not exactly the same because there is one person missing and that changed everything...

We headed toward the elevator , and i couldn't help the sick feeling in my stomach , my breath was getting heavier, my head is spinning and the way every one is staring is not helping that much !
Caleb sensed how stress i was ,so he hold my hand tightly and squeezed it as if he is telling me it will be okay .

The elevator's door opened reviling the last floor, people was walking around from one room to another , taking phone calls , passing folders and papers.

"Mr. Conner , your meeting will be in 5 minutes , we need you in the conference room now!" Some of the workers said to Caleb then looked at me with a surprised look , but directly covered it ,then smiled and nodded his head.

"What meeting ? I said no meetings today ! " Caleb said in an irritated tone.

"Sir , we cant postpone this meeting ! They came all the way from Japan just for this one , and they are leaving just after it ends." The worker said trying to convince Caleb to attend the meeting.

Caleb was going to protest again and i know why he doesn't want to attend the meeting, he doesn't want me to stay alone.

"Caleb go, this sound important ,I'll be fine !"

He looked at me not convinced , i whispered "Please" .

"Okay ! But don't go anywhere , stay at my office and i'll finish as fast as i can."

"Don't worry !" I nodded before heading toward his office.

In my way there i glanced at the door beside Caleb's office .I stared at the sign on the door "Chase Henderson" was written. I don't know how long i was staring before i decided to enter that office . I placed my hand on the door knob , i hesitated for a second my heart beating so fast ,but then with a deep breath i opened it.

A wooden desk that seems almost superfluous, since there's little to no paperwork to be seen. A deep black leather desk chair, that reclines to an almost obscene angle. There are only two small table lamps - one near the door atop a wicker table that clashes with the rest of the room's executive motif, and another on the wood desk with a long brass pull-cord. The absence of overhead light casts shadows into the corners, spilling under the desk and over top the framed black-and-white pictures on the wall.

The curtains are drawn to one side, allowing the light from outside the second story window to paint the eastern wall. It highlights a lone filing cabinet, suspiciously locked and coated in dust.

I used to like this office so much , the way it was decorated in an elegant way, the expensive paintings filling the wall , and most importantly the blue eyed guy that used to sit on that same chair teasing me all the time ,driving me crazy and angry and then kissing me making me forget why i was angry in the first place.

I couldn't help the twist feeling in my stomach , i chocked up feeling a lump in my throat, but i wasn't going to let myself cry,not here for sure, i hold the tears back and went toward the desk , when that specific frame laying on the desk caught my attention , i hold it and traced my thumb around it, not able to hold the tears anymore i started crying not able to stop , we were smiling in this picture , he had one of those genuine smile on his face with one of his dimples showing , his niece was squeezed under his arm ,it was her birthday i remember , and he was wearing a blue shirt reflecting those icy pools of his, those eyes that i used to lose myself in them.

And then it hit me hard and a lot of memories i buried start to come back, i realized that i wasn't okay, I wasn't fine like i was pretending , i was just lying at them and at myself ,because just looking at his picture made me feel like this,made me break down , made all the walls i tried hard to build fall apart in one second !

I looked at the picture one more time , tears blurring my vision , and my hands were shaking so hard that i wasn't able to hold it anymore, the frame fell from my hand , hit the ground. I looked at it , pieces of glass surrounding it , i knelt on my knees to hold it again , but glass entered my hand , blood start coming out , but i felt nothing , i didn't feel the pain in my hand , because the pain in my chest was much harder and it was killing me.

I though i moved on , that one day i'll stop thinking about him,but no i cant , I missed him ,I missed him so much...
And now i just discovered that "Time Heals" is a lie !

_______________________

Leave your opinion and please vote !
My love ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 4.2K 35
******completed****** A man of 5.9 height is walking through the glass door. He was wearing a black suit. The driver opened the door of his BMW. The...
1.1M 34.2K 66
WARNING: THIS BOOK IS CUTE, HOT, SWEET, SEXY, ROMANTIC, MUSSY, DRAMATIC, EMOTIONAL, INTENSE. Beware. EXTRACT (SUMMARY BELOW): “Like father, like son...
402 108 28
"If I risk it all, could you break my fall? How do I live? How do I breathe? When your not here i'm sufficated. I wanna feel love, run through my blo...
413 21 7
"The moment I laid my eyes on you, I knew that you weren't her real daughter, a real daughter wouldn't have five fingers print on a face caused by a...