Surviving School

By Megnets

After Maggie Jones' School was involved in a shooting that shook the country, her parents decide to pack up e... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Epilogue
Update:
Extras and Stuff
MY OTHER STORY!
NEW STORY

Chapter 26

6.4K 220 6
By Megnets

Bit of a slower chapter but important and i don't know how i feel about it. Like the new cover though? It's made by LifeLustingDreamer! Please leave a comment and vote! Love you all! And Enjoy!

"Man it's stuffy up here," I complain as Lilly tugs on my arm. She explained to me that she needed to freshen up. But I knew she had just saw Trent and wanted an escape. Jake on the other hand had ditched me to talk to Trent which I grumbled to myself about at first until I realized how childish I was being. Cassie and Aiden had seemed to have disappeared and Sam looked wore down drastically.

"Oh shush up, it's just from all the people making out and doing the nasty," Lilly rolls her eyes and I send her a gross look.

"Ew," I mumble and crinkle my nose, but Lilly laughs.

"You are so naïve," She rolls her eyes.

"Am not!" I argue back exasperated as we reach the bathroom. She keeps the door open but shoves me down on the closed toilet seat as she checks her makeup. My dress feels sticky and I feel like taking it off and changing, but leave it. Not like I have clothes here anyways.

"Ugh I'm ready to leave this party," Lilly sighs.

"NO!" I say loudly. "Don't you dare leave me here with just Jake, I don't think he's very reliable" I give her a long glance.

"Fine," She groans.

"Do you know how long he usually stays at parties like this?" I ask.

"I don't know," She gives a half shoulder shrug, "sometimes a few hours and sometimes he drinks and passes out along with like twenty other people" I give her a horrified look. "But don't worry I'm sure he won't do that tonight," She reassures quickly. "Speaking of Jake. Have you seen him?"

"No," I frown. "He went to hang out with Trent" I shrug.

"him?"

"Lilly don't be an idiot, you know they're friends." I sigh loudly. Jeesh.

"I know," She grumbles. "I'm over him anyways. I'm single, but so not ready to mingle. I'm done dating for a while" She shakes her head.

"You're weird," I reply back.

"Oh shut up lover girl"

"Lover girl?"

Lilly sighs dramatically but laughs "Just shut up,"

"I cannot believe he left," I seethe standing next to Lilly, outside in the cold air. I'm freezing my butt off but she looks only slightly affected. "What a jerk," I mumble.

"it's okay. This is why I have a car" She throws her arm over my shoulder as I stare at the empty spot where Jake's truck had sat.

After looking for him for twenty minutes and constantly getting told he left we decided to look for ourselves, and sure enough his truck is gone.

"Jerk," I mutter under my breath and Lilly nods in agreement.

"Agreed. Now lets go shortcake"

"What is up with the names?" I give her a strange look. "Have you been drinking? And I'm not even short!" Lilly rolls her eyes but laughs.

"Now that I know it bothers you I might have more fun with this. And No I only had a few drinks, perfectly capable of driving."

"I didn't ask if you could drive," I say under my breath as we walk towards her little car. I climb in the passenger side, and debate whether I should just drive.

"Drop me off at the corner," I say and Lilly pulls up to the curb. I jump out of the car and give her my thanks.

"No probs! See ya later sweetie pie" She sings and I wave my finger at her face.

"No! bad Lilly," I say sternly and scold her like a dog she pouts but we both end up laughing. "Night!" I say with a grin and she waves before driving off. I walk the short distance to our house and groan at the thought of climbing up the tree. I suppose I could go through the back except I locked my door so I wouldn't be able to get in my room. I'm silently glad Jake isn't hear, because I refrain from not trying to show anything as I climb up the tree. Good think there aren't any nightly walkers around here either.

I stumble into my room with exhaustion and close my window behind me, before going to unlock my bedroom door. I just manage to put on some sweat pants and a t-shirt before collapsing in bed and falling asleep.

I'm in the same bathroom again. My heart is still pounding loudly and without my control I stand up and leave the safety of the room. The hallways are empty and lights flicker like those in scary movies. As I turn a corner a scream leaves my lips. Where my old friends would lie dead in my usual dream, this time it was my new friends. I stumble slightly but slip on some blood.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry," I hear a faint whisper repeat over and over. They sound heartbroken. I turn my head and see Jake staring at me, looking horrified. His blue eyes are wide and in his hands is a shiny black gun.

"Jake-" I start softly and start standing up slowly. I hold out my hand, and his whole body is shaking.

"He made me Maggie. I'm turning into him. Oh god, oh god, oh my god." Jake says.

"Who?" I persist and take a step closer towards him, when suddenly his gorgeous blue eyes turn wide and glossy and he falls to the ground. "NO!" I yell loudly and drop down next to him before looking up.

"Me," It's Jake's dad, and he has a look of malice written on his face. He disappears before I can start cursing him out and I turn my attention to Jake. Tears run down my face.

"You are alone, and you always will be." A voice echoes around me and I have no idea if it just was my internal monologue or not.

I wake up with a loud gasp, my hair sticking to my forehead with sweat. I touch my cheek gently and find I was crying in my sleep. My hands are shaking badly, and I'm thankful I didn't actually call out or scream while I slept. I don't want to answer any questions my brother might throw at me. I dress quickly and by the looks outside I need to dress warmer today. Thankfully my mom had bought me a bunch of warmer clothes, already expecting the cold whether. I decide to wear a long sleeved shirt with a sweater over top.

I go downstairs, and like usual my parents have already left for work. Nick is sitting at the island eating some cereal. I pour myself some orange juice and mumble a good morning.

"Can you let me know when you sneak out from now on?" My brother interrupts me while I drink my juice. In shock I spit it all out and it lands right on his face.

"What?" I ask sternly. Nick looks horrified at the orange mess dripping down his face.

"Ew! Maggie, gross!" He groans and I throw him the dishtowel which he uses to wipe off his face. "I'm not stupid, I know when you sneak out at night," He points a finger at my shocked expression. "Hey, I was a teenager too so I know how you feel. I wont tell mom or dad, but I'd just like to know where you are so I don't worry at trying to open a locked door," My face reddens at being caught and I smile sheepishly.

"Sorry, I'll let you know form now on," I grin. He really is the best brother ever. At the thought of sneaking out I am reminded of how Jake ditched me and my mood turns sour. And thinking about Jake reminds me I need to get to school. I shout my goodbyes to Nick and run out the door so I won't be late.

"It takes me ten minutes to get there and I reach it just in time for the morning bell to ring which means I have five minutes to get to class. The halls are almost empty as I grab my stuff and practically sprint across the school to Math class. Jake isn't there when I arrive and the final bell rings shortly after. The teacher sends me an annoyed look, but doesn't say anything. I sit down next to Lilly who looks dead and snicker to myself slightly. I throw an eraser at her face and if looks could kill I'd be a pile of ash on the ground.

"Don't" She mutters and bangs her forehead down on the table again. I knew she drank a little too much last night. I decide to be nice and leave her alone. Class goes by agonizingly slow and I doodle in my notebook for three fourths of it.

During break I check my phone for the first time that day and see I had some texts from that morning.

Maggie! I'm so sorry I left you there! Did you get a ride? Jake. I grumble under my breath.

Are you okay? I'm sorry. I roll my eyes and don't reply back. Jerk. Although my dream about him made me waver slightly. I don't hate him, but I'm really annoyed he ditched me.

I stalk off down the hallway.

"You look angry," A voice says I look to my side to see that Christian guy walking next to me with a smug smile.

"None of your business," I mutter. I don't like how Jake acts around this guy, and I trust him so I'm not going to associate myself with Christian if I can.

"I know he ditched you and that's why you're crabby," He smirks to himself. I glare at him.

"Excuse me? I am not crabby.And why do You care?" Okay he's right, I am crabby but so what? I have the right to be a pain in the butt. I speed up and lose him in the crowd. As I go towards my locker I see a familiar face leaning against it. I scowl to myself. "Move please. This is my locker," I say with faint politeness.

"You didn't reply to my texts," Jake frowns staying in the same spot.

"Cause I don't care," I give a one shoulder shrug and try to push him out of the way, reluctantly he moves and I throw my books in my locker.

"I had something to deal with," Jake grunts, clearly getting frustrated himself. I turn and raise my eyebrows at him. "At home" He puts on emphasis. "And I'm not taking you to that place again," Now it makes sense, but I'm still mad he didn't say anything.

"You didn't tell me," I say and throw my hands in the air. "I made Lilly look all over for you with me and had people, who I didn't know, tell me the person who brought me there ditched me. So thanks a lot Jake." I slam my locker a bit too loudly.

"Hey, don't pine all of this on me." He says angrily.

"Oh? So who else's fault is it? Mine? Oh yep that makes complete sense." I sigh loudly.

"Stop acting so immature," Both of our voices are getting louder and a few people even glance our way.

"I'm not!"

"Are so!"

"Shut up!" I yell. Both of us are leaning close together, and Jake's face is red in anger.

"You are being so-"

"Both of you need to stop being so immature," Lilly glides right in front of Jake and pushes him back a few steps. She rolls her eyes as he puffs up his chest and tries to act all macho. "Come on Mags, Let's go." she grabs my hand and starts dragging me away. I feel like she drags me everywhere. "Oh and you," She stops and points at Jake who hasn't moved an inch. "Don't ever ditch her again or I'm going to get involved. That was So not cool what you did there." She shakes her head like she's disappointed in him. "You can do much better," She tells me and pulls me away. I stare at the back of her head with a shocked expression. I'm reminded of when we first met and she warned me of him. To me he seemed like a player, but then I learned he rarely touched girls. If that's what a player is nowadays that's pretty messed up. I've started putting together that he's afraid of getting too close to people. But for some reason he let me in. Well, kinda.

"Sit and eat. You need to wear that 'energy' drink off." Lilly forces me down into a chair in the cafeteria. My mood had ended when I found an energy drink in her locker and chugged it down, but Lilly has been watching over me like a hawk.

"Yes ma'am," I mock solute her and she scowls before going off to get food. Blake and Peter share amused glances and Aiden barely looks up. Cassie sits next to him and she doesn't look to happy either. Sam sits beside me quietly. "Evryone's so quiet," I whisper.

"Are you drunk?" Blake asks me abruptly. This time Aiden does look up and he narrows his eyes.

"No," I giggle like a school girl and shake my head.

"She's drunk," Lilly says and sits down on the other side of me with two plates of food. She hands one to me.

"How?" Sam looks confused.

"She found my 'energy drink'" She uses quotations with her fingers.

"You keep alcohol in your locker?" Aiden mumbles. Lilly shoots him a look.

"I thought that drink tasted funny," I groan and hit my head on the table.

"Oh shush," Lilly scolds me and looks around. And no I don't keep alcohol in my locker...Well usually. I needed some today to keep me going with this nasty hangover."

"Eat the food Maggie," Aiden pushes my food closer, looking concerned.

"No," I shake my head and pout.

"Have you ever been drunk before?" He raises his eyebrows and I shake my head. "Jeesh. Now we're going to have to watch her so she doesn't get caught."

"I'm not a baby!" I protest and finally start eating my sandwich. Everyone looks relieved and my feeling of being on a cloud disappears slowly. Instead a headache replaces it and I start missing the feeling of being happy and not caring.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.1K 1.9K 40
Cole the Not So Stereotypical Jock Being the most popular guy that girls all want to be with and all guys want to be should make you feel on top of t...
356K 7.9K 39
Haley Jacobs is not your typical teenager. Her once perfect life, long gone. She has gone through hell and back, and is barely hanging on by a thr...
Broken By Claire

Teen Fiction

5.4K 215 40
Grace Jackson has been dealing with self hatred since middle school. It only became worse as the school years went by, and just when Grace feels it's...
8 1 1
***This is a rough draft*** please read and leave comments. They would be extremely helpful. Aiden Phillips is a high school kid who struggles with...