50 Shades of August (EDITING)...

By Yasmine_Baby98

BOOK ONE Nikita Swann is a 23 years old black woman who got caught up in a situation that she never thought s... More

Prologue
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Six Continued
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Questionssssss!!
Answerrrrrssss (Please Read)

Chapter One

28.8K 1K 726
By Yasmine_Baby98

June 3, 2016

Nikita Swann is a black, beautiful woman who is a marriage counselor and part - time reporter. She is 5"5 and has a slender body. She don't necessarily like it, but she deals with it. She cares alot about her clients and her family.

She sit down in her office waiting for her next couple to come through the door. This next couple has been through a lot together and although they has a lot a problems throughout their relationship. They are in their mid 30's and has two kids.

They has been together four years, and they love each other but can't seem to show it. She breathe deeply cause she knows that they are going be here for a while. Her phone rings, letting her know that they are here.

"Send them in." She said through the intercom.

"Yes, ma'am." Mary said and she sent them in.

She give a warm smile while looking at both of them. They sit down on the chair farther apart from each other. She get out her paper and pen, getting ready to write down the things that they are about to say.

She begins and said, "So what seems to be the problem?"

They looks at each other in anger. The woman scoffs at him, and he rolls his eyes.

"His dumb ass don't have time for me. He thinks he still in high school! He'll have time to hang out with his boys but not with me!" She shouted, breathing heavily.

"No, I don't think that at all!" He yelled at her.

"Take a breath, Mrs. Perez. I'm sure that he has a explaination for it."

She looks at him, waiting for him to explain.

He takes a deep breath and begins talking.

"Miss. Swann, don't get me wrong I love her."

"Ha! I sure can't tell." She said as she folded her arms and cross her legs.

"Shut up Lia and let me finish. Damn."

She rolls her eyes then looks at Nikita.

"As I was saying when I got rudely interrupted." He said while looking at his wife.

"This is why I can't be in the same room with you! You make me sick Jonathan, I swear!"

"Mrs. Perez, Mrs. Perez calm down please. In order for this work you will have to listen to what he is saying instead of interrupting him every chance you get." Nikita said in a calm tone.

She huffs and said, "All right. Fine, go ahead."

Nikita look at him and writes down the things that he is saying. There are very valid points and some are just completely overrated.

Mrs. Perez is very pissed off like she can't stay another minute.

"Mrs. Perez I want you to answer these questions for me."

She looks at Nikita while she is waiting for the questions to be heard.

"Has he ever laid a hand on you?"

"Oh heavens no." She replied.

Nikita nods and continues on with her questions.

"Has he ever cheated on you during the time of your marriage?"

The whole time Mr. Perez is looking at his wife as she answers these questions.

"I don't think so."

"No, I haven't cheated on her, and Lia knows that. I don't know why she is so unsure of that now." Mr. Perez said in a firm voice.

Nikita look at him then look at her.

"Can you look at him in his eyes and tell him why you think that he might be cheating on you?"

She look the other way and shakes her head.

"I can't." She whispered.

Nikita look at Mr. Perez, encouraging him to hold his wife's hand.

Mrs. Perez look down and sees his hand on hers then she look up at him, and she begins talking.

"You have been staying out late at night and come home at 2:00 in morning or sometimes later. You be smelling like woman perfume every time you come back from chilling with your "boys". We haven't even had sex in three months, and you don't even kiss me like you used to." She stated. I'm starting to feel like you don't love me anymore. I feel like we're slipping away, and I don't want us to get a divorce and throw everything that we have together." She said in a whisper and looked down after she was finished.

Nikita write everything she has said and come up with a solution to the problem. Mr. Perez carefully hold up her chin with his fingers, so she can look at him.

"Lia baby, I'm so so sorry that I made you feel this way. I promise that I will do better. I am not cheating on you, and don't you dare think that again. I would never marry you if I was going to cheat on you. I thought you knew that already." He said to her.

She shakes her head, and he breathe in frustration. He let go of her face and continue talking.

"Just cause I smell like a woman perfume does not mean I'm cheating. I'll admit I smell like it, but I only was hugging the females. I was not having sex with them."

She nods as he finished talking. They both look at Nikita and she starts talking.

"Mrs. Perez, you have a good man in your hand."

Mrs. Perez smile as she continues on.

"You have to trust him otherwise you will get a divorce, and I don't want that for you guys. You still think that he is going to cheat on you like all of the other guys has. I want you to talk, not argue. I want you to talk and work out the issues that you are having. The best thing I can tell you is to get away for a while. Go on a romantic getaway just the two of you to bring that spark backMr. Perez you have to find the time to spend with her."

Mr. Perez nods and said, "I will."

"Look like my job here is done. Come back after your getaway is over, and I will be expecting some changes in you as soon as you walks through that door." Nikita smiled at them.

They both agrees and get up from the chair. They walk to the door but not without saying thank you to Nikita.

She smiles and says, "No problem."

Mr. Perez close the door behind them. Nikita look at them, and they are looking at each other, talking through their eyes then they starts kissing. She smiles and starts thinking to herself.

This is why I love my job so much.

Moments has passed by and Nikita has gotten through with three different couples. Each of them has  different problems and she had a different solutions with similar techniques.

She is exhausted and stress out, but she knows that she has to keep working until her shift is over. She look over the paper that she has wrote down for the last couple that she had.

She is thinking about if they are going to make it through. She always wants the best for all of her clients that she works with. The ringing of her phone interrupt her concentration. She look over to her phone and press the intercom button.

"Mr. Callahan wants you in his office." Mary said.

"Okay, tell him. Give me five minutes." Nikita answered through the intercom.

"Okay."

Mr. Callahan is her boss and has been her boss for as long as she has work there. Nikita put her stuff to where its belongs. She get up and push her chair in underneath her desk. She walk to the door, and she opens it then she closees the door behind her.

She walks to his office door, and she knocks on it.

"Come in!"

She opens the door slowly and peek through the crack.

"You asks for me, sir." Nikita asked him.

"Yes, I did. Come in." Mr. Callahan told her.

She walks inside of the office and closes the door. She stand up for a minute until he tells her to have a seat. She sit down and waits for him to speak again.

"Here is your check."

Nikita look confuse as she takes the check from his hand. She isn't suppose to get her check until next week.

She look up at him and he says, "Called this an early birthday check."

She smile and she look at the envolope and starts to open it. Her mouth drop open when she read it.

$400,000.00

She look at her boss, and he is smiling.

"Oh my god, Mr. Callahan. Tha-,"

Mr. Callahan stops her and says, "No need to thanks me. You deserve it." "You are one of my best workers here. Keep doing your job like you are suppose to, and you will get more big checks just like that one in your hand."

"I will." Nikita smiled at him.

She get up and gives him a hug. Mr. Callahan was like a father figure to her. He always takes good care of her, and he always has look out for her. He smile and hug her back then he let go of her.

"Happy Birthday in advance. Just in case that I'm not here."

"Thank you." Nikita smiled.

"You're welcome."

"Is that all you need me for or was there something else?"

"No, Miss. Swann. That was all." He grinned.

She nods and walks to the door then she opens the door. She stop and turn around to look at him.

She says, "Thank you for everything."

"No problem, Miss. Swann. Keep up the good work."

She grins and walk out of the office and close the door behind her. She look at her check in her hand and thinks to herself.

What am I gonna do with this amount of money?

Nikita put the check in her pocket and walks to her office. She sit in her chair and observe the papers that she is working on before she is called in her boss's office. She has been working for hours, and it is almost time for her to go home. There is a knock on the door.

"Come in." Nikita yelled.

She look up and it's Mary.

She give her a warm smile, and Nikita smile back at her.

"Lock up when you leave?"

"Sure, I will. Be safe." Nikita replied.

"I will. You too."

Mary smile once again and close the door. Nikita watch her as she goes into the elevator. Mary waves at her, and she waves back. She stays in her office and continues working and making appointments for other couples that need help.

She sighs and put her things to where they belong. She get up from the chair and grabs her purse and her folder. She put her pen in her purse, and she carefully pushes her chair under her desk. Nikita walk to her door and open it then she turns off the light and close the door. Nikita make sure that she locks all of the doors and turns off all of the lights in that part of the building.

She takes the elevator to the lobby. She walks out of the elevator when it takes her to the lobby. Nikita walks to the front door and pushes the door opened. She locks the door with the keys and goes to the parking lot. Nikita walks to her Cadillac Sts and unlocks the door and gets in. She starts the car and drives to her apartment.

When Nikita get there to her apartment she parks her car and takes the keys out of the ignition. She grabs her stuff and got out of her car. Nikita walks into the apartment, carefully not to wake up her roommate, Claire. She close the door quietly, but it is no use because she is already up.

"Hey girl." She greeted her.

"Hey Claire." Nikita responded tiredly.

Nikita put her purse, and her folder on the counter then Claire speaks again.

"Long day?"

"The longest." She replied.

"But guess what?" Nikita spoke again.

"What?" Claire asked as she was drinking her coffee.

"I got my check today." Nikita smiled widely.

She look confuse and says, "I thought you were suppose to get your check next week."

"I was but since my birthday was coming up, my boss decided to give me check today."

"Okay. So how much is it?"

"Why don't you see for yourself?"

Nikita takes her check from out of her pocket and give Claire the check. She look at it as her mouth drop. She look at Nikita in shock.

"You're serious? This is your money?"

"Yes, girl! I couldn't believe either!" Nikita exclaimed.

"I need to be working where you at cause I need to be making money like that." Claire told her.

"See, I been working for years for this man, and it gonna take a while to get that type of money like that."

"True but shit. I need a job too."

Nikita nods in agreement.

"Have you tried applying for one?" Nikita asked her.

"No."

"Well that's the first step of getting a job."

Claire gives her a I know this look.

"I'm just saying." Nikita shrugged.

"Mhm.. oh let me say this before I forget. You have a voicemail from your other job."

"Okay, thanks. I'll listen to it in the morning."

"Okay, I'ma go to bed. I have a date later on today at 7:00, so don't wait up for me." Claire told her.

"Okay, have fun. You little nasty."

They both starts laughing and she says, "I will."

She goes to her room, leaving Nikita all alone. Claire is her roommate and her best friend. She's the one that likes to party and have fun. Nikita on the otherhand likes to stay at home and cuddle up with a good book. They are both so different, but they get along just splendid. Nikita goes to her room and change into her pajamas then she goes to the refrigerator and grabs the jug of milk. She put it on the counter and reach for the cereal box Trix from the top of the refrigerator.

She grabs a bowl and a spoon while holding on to the cereal box in the other hand. Nikita sit them both on the table. Nikita begins to opens the box of cereal and pour it into the bowl then she opens the jug of milk and pour it on the cereal. Nikita close the cereal box and put it back on top of the refrigerator. She put the top on the jug of milk and put back in the refrigerator. Nikita grabs her spoon and her bowl then she sits on the couch.

Nikita turns on the tv with the remote that she grabs off the table in front of her. Nikita clicks on the show called Pretty Little Liars. Nikita eats her cereal as she watches Pretty Little Liars. As soon as Nikita is finished with her cereal; she put it in the sink.
She walk back to the couch and lays down then grabs the cover besides her. Nikita carefully put the cover on her and silently watches Pretty Little Liars. In the meantime, she slowly drifts off to sleep.

********

Are we liking it so far? Tell me what yall think about it.

Nikita in the MM.

~Kiki~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.7K 1.6K 63
In a world full of darkness love has no place nor no strength of survival. A Girl with a dark past and A ruthless mafia boss; two worlds come crashin...
91.3K 2.1K 32
Max and Melina are now 21. Melina likes to pretend that everything is okay. That her past doesn't still haunt her. She's slowly drowning, slowly sink...
51.4K 1.6K 35
Anastasia Steele a high school girl moved from Vegas to Detroit where she meets the school hottie, Christian Grey. They got separated by horrible eve...
491K 17.6K 54
A Fifty Shades Fan-fiction! Destiny Langston has dealt with nothing but heartbreak her entire life, but she never let that define her as a person. Af...