Chapter Nine

A/N: Lawd I be glad when people starting voting more cause this is getting ridiculous.

                                        June 24, 2016

~Two Weeks Later~

What does he mean? I don't know what is wrong with me. I'm falling for a guy I barely know well not necessarily falling. I mean I like the guy of course. It just that he does something to me. It's hard to explain.

Nikita begins to debate and argue with herself about how she feels about August, and what the possibility of taking this to the next level so she thought.

She sat in her desk and constantly thinking about what he said to her that night.

"Nikita, befo' we go any further into this; you have tahh kno' my lifestyle."

"What lifestyle August?" She mumbled in frustration as she rubbed her face with her hands.

Something took her out of her trance and it was Mary calling her name through the intercom.

"Miss. Swann, Mr. Alsina is on line one."

Nikita press the button and said, "Tell him that I'm busy right now."

"Okay." Mary responded back, completely annoyed.

"Thank you."

But in reality she wasn't busy, she doesn't have a client for another hour or so. She calls Mr. James office to see what did he want her to do with the interview with August.

"Hello." "This is Miss. Swann."

"Hello, Miss. Swann." "How are you?" Mr. James asked her.

"I'm good." "The reason I was calling is because I didn't know what did you want me to do with the tape that I did to interview with August."

"You bring the tape over to my office and I have someone to print it out." "Okay." "What time?"

"Whenever you can."

"Okay." "Thanks for your time."

"You're welcome, Miss. Swann." "Anytime."

Nikita smiles and place the phone on the hook.

Someone was knocking on the door and Nikita said, "Come in."

It was Mary.

"Can I speak with you for a moment?"

"Yes." "Come in."

Mary close the door behind her and said, "Now Nikita what's going on with you?"

"What do you mean?" Nikita asked her, pretending that she didn't know what she was talking about.

"You know what I mean." "You are ignoring August." "Why?"

"I'm not ignoring him." "I'm just not talking to him for a while."

"Same difference so spill." "What happened?" "I take it the date didn't go so well." Mary told her.

"No, the date did go well." Nikita responded to her.

"But.." Mary started to smiled.

"No buts."

"Then what the fuck happened?" Mary questioned.

"Nothing really."

"Really?" "And you expect me to believe that?"

"Yes." "I mean like I said the date went well and nothing happened." Nikita said, lying.

"Girl, if you don't stop all that lying and tell me what happened." Mary folded her arms.