Why us? (Pokemon fanfic)

Av shinymewgirl

Everyday for as long as she can remember Emma has forced herself to face everything alone. She wants to belie... Mer

Prologue
1- A way back home
2- Stalling
3- Home sweet home
4- This should be good
5- Promise me
6- Good luck with that
7- Getting ready
8- Descoveries
9- Find a weak point
10- Nightmares become real
11- Break down
12- A new companion
13- I will stand my ground
14- such a joyful pain
15- unbalanced battle
16- when will it stop?
17- how much worse could things get?
18- a bad guy?
19- desperate reach for freedom
20- experimentation
21- not a second time
22- The Guardian Angel
23- rainy night camping
24- together at last
25- Fighting back
26- Not a peep
27- Nightmares come true
28- Be proud of me
29- Burning hatred
30- The key to Purity
31- Stalkers, stalkers everywhere
32- The balance of three
33- A series of unfortunate events
34- Family reunion
36- The Legendary Plan
37- One down, two to go
38- An electrifying match up
39- Battle bonds
40- Battle with angels
41- Does anyone understand Shadow anymore?
42- It begins
43- Twisted memories
44- A new Dark Room
45- Whispers in the dark
46- A day off
47- Sweet dreams
48- Bad turns
49- The Testing Continues
50- Old habits
51- The testing ends
52- It will be okay
53- Escape
54- Almost home
55- Conciquences
56- Too much damage done
57- The Ultimate Wepon
58- Trust in me
59- Closing the rift
60- Comatose
Epilogue
Final thoughts on the 'Why?' series

35- Extended family tree

560 47 52
Av shinymewgirl

~*🌸*~
~Silver's pov~

"And... That's the story." Emma sighed, her head hung low in shame.

I rested my hand on her shoulder in attempt to comfort my little sister, she looked up at me with her sapphire blue eyes filled with guilt and regret down to every amethyst coloured fleck. "Don't worry, it'll work out."

She sighed, shaking her head. "It always works out Silver. Eventually, it will stop working out. I'm meant to be stronger then this, I'm meant to be the hero, so why am I always so... Weak." She squeezed her eyes shut, looking away from me.

"Emma..." I started, unsure how to comfort my sister. "You're not weak, bad guys just don't play by the rules the way you do..."

"But I meant to protect you!"

"No you're not, I can handle myself Emma. You don't always need to worry yourself about me."

"But I do!" She looked up at me with tears in her eyes. "I don't have any other family Silv... If I lost you, I'd never forgive myself!"

"Emma..." I said, gently pulling my little sister into my arms. "I know you see it as your job to keep me safe, but it's my job to watch out for you. You're my little sister okay, you're not responsible for looking after me."

She shook her head before burying her face in my coat, holding onto me tightly. "But it's all my fault! If I weren't stuck with being the stupid Voice of Purity then none of this would ever have happened! I wouldn't be having to fight for my life every other day of the week and I wouldn't be putting you and Red in danger and I'd never had anything I was meant to live up to."

There wasn't much I felt I could say, Emma was... Hard to talk to. She got overly sensitive easily and was stubborn to the core. "I don't care what I have to go through Em, I will always be there for you. No one can help who you are, and as long as I'm your older brother, I will never stop trying to keep you safe. I know we don't have the typical relationship for most brothers and sisters, but I do love you Em and I don't care how often I need to fight as long as I'm fighting with you."

My little sister looked up at me, her eyes searching mine for any trace of a lie but when she found none she hugged me tighter, bursting into tears, sobbing lightly into my chest. I awkwardly patted her back before returning her hold until she soon cried herself to sleeping .

I sighed in relief, leaning back against the cell wall.

"Is she asleep?" Red asked, unable to see us from his distance.

"Yeah." I sighed in response. "I don't think she's slept properly in a while."

Red didn't say anything for a moment. "I'll take first watch, you get some sleep Silv."

"Silver." I corrected him. "Only Emma gets the privilege of nicknames."

Even though I couldn't see him, I knew Red was rolling his eyes. I'd never been a nickname person in general and Emma was the only person who could get away with calling me by anything but my given name.

For a while I sat there with Emma sleeping I my arms, just thinking about stuff, most importantly, how we'd all get out of here. Although I have yet to tell my sister about it, Red and I had managed to escape a few days ago but it took mere minutes for the two of us to be cornered in the maze like complex we were being held captive within. We'd both been 'punished' for it, the both of us being beaten to the brink of unconsciousness before being thrown back into our cells at square one. It was only a few days ago now and most of our cuts and bruises still showed, no doubt also worrying Emma.

With a small sigh of uncertainty, I let myself drift off to the land of nod, knowing it would be mere hours before I was woken from my turn to take watch, as Red and I had agreed to do every night since we were brought here. Tonight, I decided, we'd let Emma sleep the night through since she obviously needed the rest but by tomorrow, she'd be anxious to play her part in keeping the two of us safe, like she always did.

~*🌸*~
~Emma's pov~

I woke curled up in my brothers arms, my head resting on his chest so I could hear each even thump of his heartbeat. A small, hardly noticeable, smile formed on my lips, relieved about being reunited with my older brother but not so much with the circumstances it was under.

Silver was still asleep, snoring softly as he cradled me close to him. I did my best to wiggle from his arms without waking him, thankfully he was a much heavier sleep then I was which allowed me to successfully escape his grasp without him waking up.

Making sure to be cautious, I approached the barred wall, peeking down the hall to see if I could tell if Red was awake. I couldn't see anything so I called his name softly. "Red?"

"Yeah?" He sounded tired but regardless his face appeared behind the bars, looking at me with worried eyes. "You okay Em?"

"I'm fine." I replied. "I just wanted to see if you were awake."

"Won't be for much longer." He sighed. "It's your brothers turn to keep watch."

"Or I could just keep watch and the both of your rest?"

"Nah, we're fine Emma."

"Red, you both look like shit, I think you could both use the rest."

My boyfriend rolled his eyes. "You don't look much better."

"Yeah, but at least I don't smell like I haven't showered in a month."

"I probably haven't." He said, his Mareep-ish smile reappearing on his face. "I'm not even sure how long we've been here."

"Would be around a month." I replied, putting the days and weeks together.

"Boo!"

I shrieked, leaping almost a mile high as Silver fell back on his ass, laughing his head off. For the record, I am an extremely hard person to sneak up on... Most the time and I am not easily frightened... Most the time.

Repaying Silver for his ill timed prank, I punched him in the arm, glaring at him harshly. "You fucking idiot, does this really seem like the time for that!?"

"Sorry." Silver smirked, hardly looking sorry at all.

"I with strangle you myself if you ever do that again Ariel."

Even Red was struggling to contain his laughter which resulted in a glare from me but the mood was quickly broken by the sound of footsteps coming down the halls,  judging by the sound, at least two people were coming in our direction. Red craned his neck to be able to see but Silver and I didn't need to move to be able to see Maxine and her grunt standing outside our cell.

My brother hissed slightly, glaring at the raven haired admin but she paid little attention to my brother, instead turning her full gaze to me. Her cold, marshy green eyes meeting my thunderous blue one. "Your mother wants you sweetheart." She snickered, pulling out a key and unlocking the cell door. "Will you come quietly or do I need it give the order from my grunts to start picking off your Pokémon."

Biting down sharply on my bottom lip, I reluctantly complied. Silver followed my movements, attempting to follow until Maxine's grunt stopped him. "Just the girl." The grunt grunted, taking firm hold of my arm, making me wince.

"She's not going anywhere without me." Silver growled, yanking me away from the grunt and shielding me with himself.

I clung tightly to my brother, not willing to go anywhere without my big brother for fear of myself as well as him.

The grunt glared at me but it was Maxine who spoke. "I am not in the mood to be trifled with, you have thirty seconds to say your goodbyes and be standing right here or I will give the order for your Pokémon to be beaten one by one, starting with you're three baby Pokémon."

My entire body froze for a moment as my heart skipped a beat, while my other Pokémon might stand a chance in a battle against these assholes, my three littlies defiantly would not. I looked up at my brother with shameful eyes but his were full of understanding as he knew I would never let my Pokémon be put into harms way, especially Trixie, Petunia and Dreamer. My Deerling and Blitzel were each hardly two years old and my Fennikin was only a year older then them.

With a sigh, I hugged Silver tightly before bitterly following Maxine's order, turning back only once to look at my brother with a pained expression but I was yanked away before either Silver or I could say a single word. The cell was locked once more, trapping my older brother inside and I was dragged away from him. As usual, I had no idea where we were going. I just reluctantly did as told since I wasn't willing to gamble the lives of my friends or my Pokémon.

Maxine lead the way in a bored manner, the grunt following close behind myself. I didn't say anything, there wasn't really anything to say yet. We passed by many room and turned to many corners to count until I was pushed roughly into room to which neither Maxine or the grunt followed. Despite stumbling slightly update on entry, I quickly regained my balance and composed myself to face my quote, unquote, "mother". Much to my distain, but not so much to my surprise Cyrus was also in the room. At the head of a very fancy and expensive looking dining table was Kathrine with Cyrus by her side, an assortment of breakfast food laid on the table with an extra seat I assume was meant for me.

"What, the fuck, is going on?" I hissed, crossing my arms in a defensive manor.

Kathrine's features hardened. "Do not use that tone of voice with me young lady. Now take a seat so we can talk."

"You're kidding right? This may come as a slight shock but I hate both of you and if you think 'm going to willingly sit at the table and have a nice little chat about how my day's been, you're delusional."

"Sit down now Emma."

My reply was going to be 'or what?' but that didn't really seem like the best choice of words in this particular situation. Instead I casually crossed my arms. "No."

The brunette was clearly loosing her patience with me, leaving me wondering if I got my short temper from my mothers side, ew. "Emma you will join your us at the table or I will give to order from my grunts to kill your raven haired friend."

Sighing bitterly, I sat down at the table, rocking back on my chair in the rudest way possible earning intimidating glares from both my biological parents which I ignored followed by me sticking my tongue out at the both of them.

"Aren't you a little old for that." Cyrus asked with obvious amounts of bitter sarcasm.

"Aren't you a little old to still be dying your hair blue?" I smirked in reply, earning a glare. "What are you, a self conscious teenager who has to have coloured hair to feel good about them self?"

"You shut your mouth your disrespectful little--"

"I'll show you respect when you've earned my respect, until then, go fuck yourself like you do every night." My cocky smirk growing bigger. "Or are you two back together now."

"What makes you think that just because our organisations are working together that we are 'back together'?" Kathrine asked, paying little attention to the argument between me and Cyrus.

"I dunno, it's hard to tell who you screw these days." I replied boredly, rocking back and forth on my chair.

That obviously struck a nerve with the Team Rift leader but she kept herself calm and composed, for the most part anyway. "Well, not that it's any of your business, no your father and I are not back together. I trust you would have already met my new husband, Lopez."

My chair thumped forward and I couldn't have my surprise if I tried. "Wait... Does that mean Anne is..."

"My daughter, yes it does."

"And she's my..."

"Sister, correct."

"Okay seriously stop finishing off my sentences." I glared, I'd been hoping that my biological mother would have been a little more civil then Cyrus, especially since it's the reason she left him in the first place, but if she had allowed Lopez to abuse Anne then obviously, she wasn't.

Kathrine just smirked in amusement as I processed the new information, it did unfortunately make sense. Anne looked identical to how I did as a child, darker hair and lighter eyes but as I got older, my hair lightened to a light, sandy kind of brown and my eyes had darkened to the colour of sapphires as the flecks in my eyes showed through. Her name is practically mine in reverse for Mew's sake. The more I though about it, the more sense it had made, making me grit my teeth in frustration. I'd left Anne alone out on a random route, hopefully she'd find somewhere safe to hide. "Where is she now?" I demanded in an almost deadly tone.

"I'm afraid I don't know but if you're that worried, I can have her brought back in. It doesn't bother me either way, I don't need her, I need you." Kathrine smiled in a sickly sweet sort of way. "The Voice of Purity part of you anyway."

"Don't you dare touch her." I hissed, even though I'd only just discovered that Anne was my little sister, I'd become quite close to her over the time we'd been traveling together.

"Then you will do exactly as you're told and I won't have to hurt her or your brother or that little friend of yours..." Kathrine paused as if thinking about something. "How close are you with that boy."

I inspected my nails boredly as quickly as the conversation has changed topics. "We're dating, not that it's any of your business."

"Excuse me?"

Rolling my eyes like she was stupid, I repeated myself. "We're dating."

"I don't remember you ever asking permission to date." Cyrus interjected slyly.

"Because believe it or not, neither of you have any control over my life. Neither of you have custody of me and I have my own life to live." I said calmly, rocking back on my chair once more. "I don't listen to anyone but myself... And Silver from time to time but he's lucky is that happens once a blue moon."

"Is that so? Who does have custody over you then?" Kathrine asked.

"Why would I tell you that?" I asked, narrowing my eyes slightly.

The brunette smirked slightly. "No reason, but I do believe we have been side tracked long enough. Do you understand the goal of Team Rift?"

"Are you going to monologue, I think I feel a monologue coming on."

Ignoring me, the leader continued. "The goal of Team Rift is simple, domination."

"Been there, stopped that." I rolled my eyes. "It's the goal of like every other evil organisation to take over the world."

"Not domination of this world Emma, the earth is to... Imperfect for Team Rift so, with the resources and research provided by Team Galactic, we aim to take over the Legendary council."

~*~*~*~*~🌸~*~*~*~*~
Word count: 2648

I don't actually have a comment today... What do you think? I think 90% of people guessed that Emma and Anne would turn out to be sisters but now, it's officially. Next chapter, where Shadow fits into all this, dun dun duuuuuuuuuuun!

Vote comment and keep on reading on!

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

650K 20.6K 30
Hated, neglected and rejected. That's Mona Mayfield for you. Since birth, she has been neglected by her own father. Not because she is a lesser wo...
44.2K 1.3K 17
A female Ash Ketchum is faced with being unable to fulfill her dreams with prejudices against her gender, and realizing that the world is a dark, ugl...
5.1K 166 21
Angel Barnes wasn't your average 17 year old girl living in Vaniville Town. What you might not know is she was infact raised by Pokémon. How you may...
13.6K 340 31
*Going Through Major editing* "You can be a Pikachu..." "You can be energy.." "But I'll love you either way.." *First ever story* In a trainerless w...