Nothing, But A Number

Af JohnsonDreamer

Description: This is a story about how a nineteen year old blond Australian boy with long hair, named Lucas... Mere

Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter tweleve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty-one
Chapter thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter thirty-four
Chapter thriry-five
Chapter thirty-six
Chapter thirty-seven
Chapter thirty-eight
Chapter thirty-nine
Chapter forty
Chapter forty-one
Chapter forty-two
Chapter forty-three
Chapter forty-four
Chapter forty-five
Chapter forty-six
Chapter forty-seven
Chapter forty-eight
Chapter forty-nine
Chapter fifty
Chapter fifty-one
Chapter fifty-two
Chapter fifty-three
Chapter fifty-four
Chapter fifty-five
Chapter fifty-six
Chapter fifty-seven
Chapter fifty-eight
Chapter fifty-nine
Chapter sixty
Chapter sixty-one
Chapter sixty-two
Chapter sixty-three
Chapter sixty-four

Chapter Two

24K 897 494
Af JohnsonDreamer

———————-
For those of you who have already this chapter, you do not need to re-read this. I just took the picture of Cassidy(Cassie) out.
——————————-

I woke up to my phone ringing I looked at the clock by my bed for it read 5:40am.

Ugggggh who the hell is calling so early in the morning!!

I looked at my phone to see it was my 'friend' Cassie calling.

L: "Hello?" I answered, groggily.

C: "Hey, Lucas, sorry that I'm calling so early it's just that can you please take Jacob to school for me?"

L: "Mmm...sure why?" I ask, rubbing my eyes.

C: "I have a meeting in like 10mins with my dad and my care taker Kim can't help me cause she has to go and meet some housing people so pleaseeeee!!!"

L: "Quiet down it's too early for all that noise." I say, becoming annoyed, "anyway, I don't mind, but where is she moving to, I thought she lived with you?"

C: "Well since I'm moving to the states, San Francisco to be exact and she can't come cause of family. She's starting to look at new living."

L: "Why are you moving?"

C: "Found a modeling gig."

L: "I see. what time do I need to pick him up?" I ask, getting up to put sweats on.

C: "Well can you leave now cause I'm at the office with my dad and Kim needs to leave now."

L: "Okay, I'll be there in ten."

C: "Thanks, I owe you one!!"

L: "Welcome, bye"

C: "Bye."

~end of convo~

After I hung up with Cassie I checked the time to see it is five minutes till six. I went to my drawer to get a white T-shirt and socks. After I got those two things on I grabbed my phone, and slipped my shoes on to head out the door.

~at Cassie's house~

Once I got to Cassie's house I knocked on the door to be greeted by Kim.

"Hi," she says, letting me in, "he needs to wake up now and get dressed and needs to eat breakfast before he leaves and he leaves for school at seven o'clock. You do know where Maryann elementary is right?" Kim ask.

"Yeah I know where it is, and is there anything else?" I ask, yawning.

"Yeah he gets picked up at two o'clock." she answers.

"Alright."

I was about to close the door when she said "oh, and I made everything for his lunch box it's just in the refrigerator and you need to add the things that are on the counter to the lunch box when it's time to go. also make sure he brings his blanket and pillow for his nap time." She says, then leaving.

I checked my phone for the time to see it is twenty minutes after six.

Shit!

I hurried upstairs to wake Jacob up so he can start getting dressed for school. When entering his room I saw him comfortable and knocked out.

"Hey, wake up buddy it's time for school." I say, while kneeling down beside his bed.

He stirred a little to then turn over on his side. "Come on little guy. We gotta get up before you're late." I say, shaking him a little.

He turned back over and stretched to then reach for his glasses. Once his eyes adjusted, his little face lit up making me smile a little.

"Uncle Lucas, is that you?!" He asks, in a sleepy voice and rubbing his eyes.

"Yeah buddy it's me." I say, rubbing his head.

"What you doing here?" He asks, sitting up.

"Your Mummy had to go see grandpa and Miss. Kim had to go do somethings."

"Okay." He says, getting out of bed to go brush his teeth and wash his face.

He came out the bathroom and went to the closest and stood there. "Can you help me find some clothes to wear." He asks, craning his neck to look up at me.

"Sure thing buddy." I answer, walking over to his closest to help find him an outfit. "How about this shirt and these pants with these shoes."

"Sounds like a good outfit to me." He says.

I helped him get dressed and then brought him down stairs. I checked the time to see it is forty minutes after six now.

"Welp, sorry kid. You are going to be late today I see."

I turned on the TV for him and went in the kitchen and started making some pancakes for him.

Once the pancakes was done I sat him up on one of the island table chairs and set his plate in front of him with some milk and he started to eat right away. While he was eating I started to get his backpack and lunch box ready.

"Hey uncle Lucas?"

"Yeah buddy?"

"I like this new girl at my school and I think she likes me too cause we are always partners for everything and we make sure when we have nap time that we're next to each other. Also I like the way she talks, it's funny." He says, giggling at the end.

"Awe you have a little crush that's cute, so what's her name?"

"Her name is Story Lynn Jackson and she's my best friend, but I think I like like her." He says, turning a little red.

"Well buddy if you like her you should ask and see if she likes you the same way back." I advise.

"Then what?" He asks, cluelessly.

"Well from that point on you should know what to do." I say.

"Thanks uncle Lucas." He says, happily.

"Anytime buddy now let's go before you're extra late to school." I say, picking him up and placing him on the floor.

I grabbed his backpack and lunch box while he grabbed my hand and we walked to the car. I strapped him in the car and put his stuff next to him, then I went and got in the car.

~At the school~

Once I got to the school I got out and opened up Jacob's door and took him out of the car. After I finished helping him put on his back pack and giving him his lunch box. We was about to walk in the school when Jacob shouted, "Story!!" He let go of my hand and ran to a adorable little black girl.

"Hi Jacob!" says the little girl.

He's right, she does have a funny accent.... American, maybe?

"Hi Story!" Jacob says back, bashfully.

"STORY!! Don't runaway from mommy like that again, you hear child!" says a woman. "I'm so sorry about that sir, she's a wild one." says the lady. When she looks up I knew exactly who it was instantly. It's my 'Mystery girl'.

"I-It's o-okay d-don't w-worry about it." I say, stuttering like a child.

Real smooth Lucas. I see we're doing a repeat of yesterday.

"Are you okay?" She asks.

"Yeah sorry, yeah I'm fine, thank you." I say, knowing I'm starting to turn red from embarrassment.

"Okay, and who is this little fella?" she asks, referring to Jacob.

"This is my friend's son Jacob." I answer.

"Well hello Jacob how are you?" she asks, squatting down.

"I'm fine, how are you ma'am?" Jacob asks back, blushing.

"I'm fine as well. You are a very handsome young man." she says, smiling.

God, she has a beautiful smile.

I swear my day became a little brighter from seeing her smile. Then Story giggled.

"You have a beautiful daughter Mrs.." I say, trying to get her name while praying she's not a Mrs.

"Why thank you and it's not Mrs., it's just Shannon." she says, standing up again.

"Okay then Shannon, is there a Mr. Shannon?" I ask, trying to make sure I'm clear on the fact that she's single.

"No it's just me and Story." she answers, smiling down at Story.

Thank the heavens!!

"Okay then Shannon. Why don't you let me take you out for breakfast later on?" I ask, with a smile gracing my face.

"Umm-" she started, but Story butted in.

"Mommy let the nice man take you out for breakfast. I bet there will be coffee and pancakes, and I bet you'll have a great time too" she says, "also you promise me and grandma that when we moved here you'll have a little more fun and not be a stick in the mud like auntie likes to say!" she says, while giving her mum attitude.

Thanks kid, I owe you one!

Now the more I think about it. I can see me and Story becoming great friends...

"Story, watch your mouth young lady when talking to me, ya hear!" Shannon says, in a stern manner.

"Yes, ma'am." Story says, looking down.

Shannon then directs her attention towards me. "Sorry about that, sure, why not. I don't see the harm in breakfast." she says, showing me her award winning smile.

"Great I'll pick you up around nine-thirty?"

"Yeah that will be great."

She then takes out her phone. "Can I have your number then?"

"Oh yeah," I say, taking her phone and also getting out mine to hand to her.

After we enter each other's number and I text her from my phone just to make sure we both have the right numbers.

"Oh, I almost forgot. My name is Lucas." I say, extending a hand.

She then giggled, which I found was the most adorable thing ever. "Nice to meet you Lucas." she says, shaking my hand.

Her hands were so soft and gentle, but with a hint of firmness being applied. As we shook hands I couldn't help, but to stare into her gorgeous brown eyes. I knew I held on longer than I probably should have, but personally I don't care really I was just in all honesty mesmerized. After we let go we walked inside and took the kids to their classrooms.

On the way out she turned and looked at me. " I guess I'll see you in two hours then."

"Yup and I can't wait." I say, giving her a wink before we parted ways.

————————

Don't for get to comment guys!!

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

53.7K 1.8K 44
I suddenly crashed to the floor, my papers flying everywhere "Watch where you're going, Jesus!" The middle one said and kept walking. "Hey, asshole...
49.8K 1.2K 49
"I'm like old enough to be your mum." I say to Jakob not even bothering to hide away how amusing I am finding the idea. "You're only ten months olde...
173K 8.1K 18
⚠️THIS WAS MY FIRST BOOK SO BEWARE!⚠️ A mother sets up his womanizer 18 year old son Kyle with 18 year old girl named Wynter. Kyle is a flirt, alway...
Midnight Falls Af A Girl

Teenage Fiktion

195K 9.1K 65
When you're a seventeen-year-old girl with anxiety disorder and a gorgeous, popular girl that absolutely hates your guts for who-knows-what reason bu...