Chocolate

Da always_clever

Description inside. WARNING: sexual content and harsh language... Altro

Chocolate
December 31st
January 2nd
January 3rd
January 7th
Please Read
January 8th
Janury 10th
Janury 11th
January 15th
January 16th
Jaunary 21st
Jaunary 22nd
January 26th/27th
January 29th
Feburary 4th
Feburary 6th
March 2nd
March 4th
March 5th/6th
March 10th
March 12th
March 31st
April 3rd
April 4th/5th
April 10th
April 11th
April 12th/13th
April 15th
April 16th
April 17th
April 21st
April 22nd
May 7th
May 11th
May 20th
May 21st/22nd
December 31st
July 9-10th
October 2nd, 2018

April 2nd

1.6K 95 5
Da always_clever

The sun beats down my neck as I walked up the stairs of the courthouse. I finally have a client that actually needs a wonderful lawyer like me. It was actually a serious case between a police officer and my client; a middle age black man. Like Chanel and the other say, the police brutality is hectic here and not enough victims are suing them.

I walked into the courtroom, just in time before they bring out my clients whom is still in handcuffs. His bruises was still visible and his hair turned gray from stress. As he stood beside me, I can already tell he was worried that we'll lose, but we won't.

"All rise," the court officer say as the judge walked in.

"Be seated," the judge said.

As everyone sat down I looked around and immediately spotted Chanel and Dylan in the back. The two of them gave me supporting smiles, which I needed.

"Mr. Dubbler, please step up and make your statement," The judge plain voice echoes in the court room, holding no form of emotion nor signs of favoritism.

Dubbler, the offending lawyer stood to his feet, button up his suit jacket and stepped away from the table to make his long and bullshit speech, ending it by giving me a wink and smile. With a eye roll, slowly stepped in front of the jury; eleven white, one black. Hopefully half of them hates the police or love black people, because right now I may be screwed.

"Jury, I would like to present you with Conner O'del; a middle aged, shoe business owner with two kids and a sickly wife. A man who has too much to lose. Apparently this officer excused him of violence, but my client speaks otherwise. My client is not guilty for the actions he is excused of doing. That's all," with that I walked back towards the table and took a seat.

Dubbler stood on his feet, his cheeks red and head held high. I remember the gesture from my old rival in Seattle; Fern. But Fern was having his poker face, apparently Dubbler had too much confidence in himself and that can get in the way of winning.

"Hunter," Judge Thomas called out my last name.

I immediately stood to my feet and walked in the middle of the empty space. With a deep breath I called out the officer's name. "Officer Mitchell to the stand please."

Officer Mitchell stood to his feet and slowly walks to the stand, his poker face was on point. He looked calm, and steady, like he didn't do anything that led him into this predicament. After saying an oath to tell the truth, he sat down in the chair to look at me up and down.

"Can I call you Mr. Mitchell?" I asked, earning a simple nod. "Okay then, you've been a officer for two years now, basically a rookie. You know, you went through the academy and training- have you ever seen that movie, it's a good movie with Denzel Washington. Good actor. What I'm trying to ask is, during your two years as a officer have you ever seen mistreatment or force with the individuals or even fellow officers that's been arrested?"

Mr. Mitchell only shook his head no.

"I'm sorry, you would have to use your words during this trial," I stated.

With a sigh, Mr. Mitchell answered with a no. His voice was deep and calm like his body language. "During my years of service I did not see any mistreatment nor force with fellow officers and other individuals."

"Then, you willingly mistreated my client because he was not able to get in the ground from his bad knee and back?"

"N-no," he stutters.

"I eject your honor, she's not even asking a question to my client." Dubbler rises up in protest, I didn't have to turn around to see his whole face red.

I walked back to my table to pick up a stack of files, ignoring Dubbler complaints. "These are a stack of complaints by individuals in town, citizens who was arrested by this officer for unnecessary reasons; such as traffic tickets or speeding. Things that mainly deserve tickets not handcuffs." I gave the stack of files to the officer so he can give it to the judge. "Apparently Mr. Mitchell doesn't like back talking and takes things out on the people he arrest."

"What is your point Ms. Hunter?" Judge Thomas looked down at me with a questionable look.

"The point is your honor, Mr. Mitchell beat my client because he didn't get his way. His anger for the citizens in this town is obviously provable and his report saying that my client charged at him is a lie. There's not a single scare nor scratch on his face nor body, no recent medical records saying he was injured in a fight nor a camera showing he was attacked. But there is one camera that shows Mr. O'del being mistreated by Mr. Mitchell." I made my way to the television set that was displayed in the corner of the room so everyone can see.
"A video that was recorded on a phone, the person who filmed the video was filming his wife as you can see and ended up getting Mr. Mitchell in his shot." I turned on the disc to show from the scum getting out his car and to him beating Mr. O'del. After the video was over, I turned off the tv and turned my body towards Mr. Mitchell who was shitting bricks. "I'm done." I announced before sitting next to Mr. O'del, not before giving Dubbler a wink and smile.

Judge Thomas looked towards Dubnler for a response. "Mr. Dubbler, do you want to question your client?"

Dubbler's mouth gaps open like a fish, obviously shocked from my accurate evidence; he didn't know what to do. He was stuck, just the way I like it. "I-I think we should go into recess, your honor."

Judge Thomas nod in understanding before hitting the gravel and calling out for recess.

******

Glasses clinking was over heard by the music and chatter in the crowded bar. Everyone was overjoyed tonight and celebrating the very first win with a Police officer. I for one was the most excited one of them all, this was my very first actual case that dealt with police brutality and to win the case like that was like earning a gold metal.

"To TJ, for being the best goddamn lawyer in this town," a older man yelled out while holding his beer up. Everyone cheered to me before down there drinks while I sip on my orange soda.

"Thanks," I said loud enough for everyone to hear me.

"I'm so glad you won," Chanel squeaked before pulling me into a tight hug.

"Me too, I was kinda nervous truthfully." I said with a chuckle.

Chanel looked at me with shock. "That was you being nervous, damn girl remind me to not to be your opponent. Like seriously, you made me want to confess."

"I heard that you rocked up there, I wish I was there to see it," Richard said as he slide next to me in the booth. "Maybe I can get you to defend me on these traffic tickets."

I shook my head from his slight humor. "You on your own with that one, buddy."

"Anywho, I wanted to ask you something." Chanel grabbed both of my hands. "Can you come with me to California? I want to invest into this company but I need a lawyer by my side so I can go over a contract. Please say yes."

California? "Um, Chanel-"

She pouts her lips. "Oh come on, please say yes. The ticket is already paid for, the hotel is set up. All you need to do is say yes."

A smile crept on my face as I nod my head yes. "Of course I will."

"Yay! Omg we're going to have a trip together, finally!" Chanel screams, making Richard and I laugh.

Later that night, I went home to a quiet house. Grandma was sleeping in her room when I checked, which was good because she wasn't staying up all night for me. I took a shower, washed my makeup off, washed my hair and shaved before getting out and drying myself off so I can crawl into bed.

As I put my clothes on, a glint of light from outside attracted my attention. At first I just pushed it aside, but when the light seem to grown larger in size; that's when I went to the window to see a large crucifix on fire.

"Christ!" I yelled out s I hurried to push on my shoes, ran out my room to go down stairs to get the fire extinguisher. "Grandma! Wake up! Call the fire department!" I yelled before going outside to put out the fire, which did not help at all. 

Soon enough the fire department came and took out the fire. Apparently grandma called Dylan too because he was by my side with his comforting arms wrapped around my body. I was shaking, mainly in shock and fear. I've seen these things on movies and what I've seen is; they'll do more than burning a large wooden crucifix on your yard.

I immediately felt even more unsafe here than I was with Robert. At that moment I wanted to leave and go back to Seattle, but if I did they'll know they got to me so easily. Apparently they don't know me as well as they think they did.. Well to say this; I'm TJ Hunter and it takes more than this to send me away...

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerร  anche

317 48 54
A story about a woman that is not very happy with her past. Join her on an adventure of love and fate. Have fun reading .Thank you.
27 5 5
After spending years of being lonely and single Nikki finally meets her match; Eric. High paid lawyer and the man of her dreams, but will the envy of...
27.8K 1.4K 34
Just read babes, it's worth it...
138K 5.4K 31
๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ง๐๐ž๐ซ . - แด›ส€แด€แด˜แด˜แด€sแด›แด€ส€แดข ยฉ แด€แดœษขแดœsแด› 2021 #1 / blackpeople