Wolf-Shifter

By PhoenixRosemarie

This story is of a Wolf-Shifter (also called Lycan), or also known as Daire Clement. And yes he can transfor... More

Wolf-Shifter
Fae Biology
Politics of the Fae
Human/Fae Interaction
Known Wolf-Shifters
Prolog
Lycanthropy,Shape-shifters, Werewolves
Biography Succubus -Geraldine Katherine Marquez
Biography Wolf-Shifter -Daire Conrad Rayford Clement
Biography Zoie Terrie Marie Daniel Human
Biography Jannie Reynolds Human Doctor
Biography Brady Conrad Harding The Siren and "The New Ash"
Wolf Shifter Abilities
Biography Saskia Alexandra Duran Aka Aife
Biography Curt "Vex" Sargent
Biography The first known Ash
Biography Geraldine's Father
Biography Ryan Lorenzo Huffman
Biography "Tamsin" Lenore Dodson
Biography Elisabeth Irene Howe "The Morrigan"
Biography Dark Fae
Biography Baba Yaga
Creatures of the Dark Fae
Creatures of the Dark Fae part two
Creatures of the Dark Fae part 3
Creatures of the Dark Fae part 4
Mythology
Of Wolf & Man Metallica Lyrics
The Dictionary of the Wolf
The Shapeshifter: Surviving the Secrets
The Shapeshifter: Surviving the Secrets Part 2
The Shapeshifter: Surviving the Secrets Part 3
The Shapeshifter: Surviving the Secrets Part 4
The Shapeshifter: Surviving the Secrets part 5
The Shapeshifter: Surviving the Secrets part 6
The Shapeshifter: Surviving the Secrets Final part
Dancing among the Stars
Dancing among the Stars part 2
Dancing among the Stars Part 3
Dancing among the Stars part 4
Dancing among the Stars part 5
Dancing among the Stars part 6
Dancing among the Stars part 7
Dancing among the Stars part 8
Dancing among the Stars part 9
Dancing among the Stars part 10
Dancing among the Stars part 11
Dancing among the Stars part 12
Dancing among the Stars part 13
Dancing among the Stars part 14
Dancing among the Stars part 15
Dancing among the Stars part 16
Dancing among the Stars part 17
Dancing among the Stars part 18
Dancing among the Stars part 19
Dancing among the Stars part 20
Dancing among the Stars part 21
Dancing among the Stars 22
Dancing among the Stars 23
Dancing among the Stars 24
Dancing among the Stars 25
Dancing among the Stars 26
Dancing among the Stars 27
Dancing among the Stars 28
Dancing among the Stars 29
Dancing among the Stars 30
Dancing among the Stars 31
Dancing among the Stars 32
Dancing among the Stars 33
Dancing among the Stars 34
Dancing among the Stars 36
Dancing among the Stars 37
Dancing among the Stars 38
Dancing among the Stars 39
Dancing among the Stars 40
Dancing among the Stars 41
Dancing among the Stars 42
Dancing among the Stars 43
Dancing among the Stars 44
Dancing among the Stars 45
Dancing among the Stars 46
Dancing among the Stars 47
Dancing among the Stars 48
Dancing among the Stars 50

Dancing among the Stars 51

29 0 0
By PhoenixRosemarie

Disclaimer: The song: Weight of the World belongs to Evanescence.

Rakab's POV

Feels like the weight of the world,

Like God in heaven gave me a turn.

Don't cling to me, I swear I can't fix you.

I stood, clad in clothes of deep mourning, as the priestesses and elders stood around the body of Namid, spreading incense and murmuring prayers to bless her. The elders had cleaned her up, bandaged the wound and dressed her in a gown of black and a robe of deep blue, the colors of the night sky at twilight. Oh gods, she looked so serene with her hands crossed at the wrist, resting on her chest and her black hair blowing in the slight breeze. The only difference I saw was the lack of life that usually sparked in her eyes and the porcelain-white of her skin that shone in the light of the blood-red sunset.

Strange color for the sky tonight, for innocent blood has been spilt to fulfill a prophecy. Paid with Namid's life, her body, her soul, and her blood…it wasn't fair.

Still in the dark, can you fix me?

Freefall, freefall, all through life.

Around me, people were weeping and some praying to the gods for peace; I saw the familiar faces of our childhood bullies even shedding a few tears, which surprised me.

The most painful sight however was of Kamaria, sobbing and crying out to the Alphess, "She can't be dead! Not my cub!" As she struggled through the crowd, she kept calling out to the elders, "Let me see her, please just let me see her!" Yiska held Kamaria close and tried to consol her as she wept, but I could see just how much his daughter's death pained him. Yiska's eyes, once sparkling silver, were now a stone-like gray and he no longer had certain joyfulness in his movements like he usually did. There was an elderly appearance to him, as if the news of Namid's death had aged him.

I felt a pang of guilt for the parents and wished I could take it all back; it was my fault after all that Ralon had met Namid.

If you love me, then let go of me.

I won't be held down by who I used to be.

The Alphess stood to address her people, "My heir, Namid Kai, daughter of Kamaria and Yiska of the Lupine, and mother of Rose Kai Cobriana," I saw her nod to the princess who stood by Nyesh and Salem before continuing, "died four days ago while at Wyvern's Court. She did not die because of sickness or childbirth but because of love."

The Alphess nodded, and allowed to me to speak, there were gasps of surprise from the crowd, and murmurings, but all soon hushed as I spoke, "I was her friend from the time she was three years old, and I miss her bitterly. I missed her even when I was fleeing, and, for four hard years, I stayed away. When I saw her again, she had already been betrothed to Salem Cobriana. She stayed with my group and me for a few days and once she was settled in with the Court and Salem, I left. For sixteen years she stayed, and one night, Ralon of the Sheeva Intre, my troupe, the one who had forever hated me and the Lupine, for reasons I do not know, attacked Wyvern's Court many times. Rose and Nyesh, Namid, Salem and I escaped Ralon's tricks but one night he attacked again--this time leaving my son with a limp-- We tried to keep her alive-- but we could do nothing as she died…" My voice cracked as I continued, "It broke my heart to know I had been betrayed and that she, my friend, was the one who was willing to die so I could live."

She's nothing to me.

My mind screamed for me to forget her that hanging on would only make it worse yet my heart drowned out that scream and I smiled slightly, knowing I still loved my friend and that she was in peace.

I saw the Alphess bow her head, "We shall miss her. May Ylva of the night and Helaku of the dawn, have mercy on her soul…"

They lit the funeral pyre and I watched, with a broken heart, as the flames roared and devoured the body of my love, whilst tears coursed down my cheeks and the song of the wolves echoed into the night. I felt reassuring hands on my arms and shoulders and turned to find the remaining members of Sheeva Intre standing with me. It felt as if they were holding me back from leaping into the flames and committing suicide, because that's how I felt. Broken, lost and suicidal.

"Thanks." I whispered, absentmindedly to them, as I remembered Namid and of the good times we had before. Only memories now…

Later, as the crowd dispersed into their dens, I lingered. I saw the Alphess gaze sadly out into the distance, the embers on the pyre dimly lighting her firm face and eyes, I heard her whisper to the skies: "Take care of her Ylva…"

I put a hand on her shoulder. "Alphess?"

"Yes." The woman's voice was soft as she spoke.

"I never meant for her death…" I looked down, dropping the arm to my side, shamefaced.

The Alphess turned to face me, "None of us did, boy, it happens to the best of us."

"But the Lupine—" I was suddenly cut off by my Alphess' reply.

"We have you as our future Alpha, your son as your successor, and our bond with Wyvern's Court is strong…" she sighed softly, "Do understand, boy, her life would have been a nightmare of love had she not died. Choosing duty over your heart is a decision we all must make at some point in our lives and it is a difficult one. Be glad that she can run free with the gods…" "The Lupine has no need to fight over issues that do not matter anymore. The prophecy is complete and Ylva watches over us." The Alphess put a comforting hand on my shoulder, "Heed what I said, boy, and go get some sleep."

Feels like the weight of the world,

I walked to my den with a heavy heart; unshed tears in my eyes and swallowed screams in my throat. I missed her. I loved her.

Like all my screaming has gone unheard.

And oh, I know you don't believe in me.

Safe in the dark, how can you see?

I don't know what I should do anymore.

Freefall, freefall, all through life.

If you love me, then let go of me.

I won't be held down by who I used to be.

I heard her voice in my mind, suddenly, and I fell to my knees as her voice that was so sweet to my ears, so harmonious when she sang, whispered: "Let go, Rak. Don't hurt yourself by hanging on…just let me go."

But how, how in Ylva's sake, could I?

1 year later…

The Alphess stood to address the Lupine, voice confident and clear, "My pack, my people, I have called you here to tell you that I must choose another heir, for my time here is fading and it is time you had a new ruler…" Oak-brown robes billowing, I saw the Alphess move through the crowd, who parted to let the woman pass. "I have thought long and hard on whom shall lead you, and I make my choice today."

She turned her face to the fading sunlight and lifted her hands, "Ylva and Helaku have spoken to me of this day…" Her voice dropped a bit and the caramel-eyed gaze turned sharply to the crowd, "They sent their son, Otsoko of the night and of the dawn, to show me who shall lead you. He said: Daggers and deception were his ways, the darkness was his kingdom and the dawn was his haven. Never crowned, yet made a king, Cold Silence is in his rule…" She dropped her hands to her sides and I understood whom she meant to address next. She turned to face me, and the members of Sheeva Intre, voice still clear, "I did not know whom he meant until it all made sense to me."

My face remained blank as the Alphess smiled and beckoned me forward. Slowly, I stepped up and she met my gaze, "Kneel" she ordered softly.

I did as she ordered and kept my gaze level with her own, as the Alphess took a crown of golden suns from a priest at her side and placed it on my head. "Rise," she declared, "Rakab, Alpha of the Lupine," "and Mana of Sheeva Intre."

I rose to my feet and I heard the sound of barking and howling behind me, I turned around and saw the wolves, my son and his mate, Rose, applauding for my reign and I couldn't help but swallow both a grin and tears. For today, trouble was far behind me, yet as I glanced at the circlet of full moons I felt my throat close up with emotion. Had she lived and under different circumstances, Namid would be wearing that circlet now, as my chosen Alphess.

Yet Ahnleh hadn't intended any other ending, but this.

And that's what saddened me most.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183 4 8
Most Werewolves turn when they are 16, but I didn't. I could hear my wolf, but she seemed repulsed by being called wolf. My Pack and mate rejected me...
212 0 13
At the beginning of time, wolves and man were separate. Destined to fight till the bloody end of their existence in an attempt to conquer each other'...
39 0 18
Do you feel like your life is kind of basic and boring? Living out your days one at a time with not much excitement, Yea...that's what Roy was doing...
46.7K 2.1K 84
As Lycan's were hunted and killed off a thousand years ago, now humans, and werewolves shall learn what a true Lycan is. All things made a new, now i...