My Ghetto Love

By bebigehl

when the good girl falls for the hood boy More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
The End Part 1
The End Part 3
EPILOGUE
addressing some comments

The End Part 2

5K 145 241
By bebigehl

Sorry in advance guys😭

***

'Jayda, you're gonna need to talk to us.' The detective sighs again as he watched the girl visibly shake. He looked at the watch, it was 1am.

'I want to go home.' Jayda mutters.

'I'm afraid you can't just yet, Jayda. This is a murder investigation.' The female detective speaks softly, searching for Jayda's eyes. Jayda looks up at her. 'Do you know who shot Kalim?'

'If you did your job properly in the first place, none of this would've happened.' She spat out harshly. 'My niece and-and my brother..' Her heart twisted painfully.

'Am I under arrest?' Jayda asks after a brief silence.

'No, but we wou-.'

'Then I want to go.'

'We have a few more questions Jayda.'

'I am not under arrest, this is against my human rights. Legally I cannot be kept here. Either arrest me or let me go.'

'Jayda.' Jay leapt to his feet as his younger sister was escorted out of an interview room.

'Where's Sammy?' Jayda asked as she embraced her older brother.

'They're still questioning her.'

'I can't believe this, I need to get to the hospital. Where's Isaiah?'

'With Auntie Janet. Marc's outside in my car. Get him to drive you to hospital, Dontae's with Jayden. Jaydene is at Auntie Janet's.' Jayda nodded, feeling calmer at her brothers calm and collected state, despite everything that had conspired in a few hours. 'Dontae said Nia's in hospital too. Suttin happened.'

'What? What happened?' Jayda panics. Everything was going wrong tonight. Jay shrugs, indicating he had no idea.

'Yo, you cool?' Marc asks as Jayda gets in the car. She nods absentmindedly.

'Can you take me hospital pls.'

'Yeah yeah.' They were at the hospital in less than 15 minutes. 'Call me if you need me to pick you up.'

'Thanks.' She rushes into the hospital, calling Dontae's phone in an attempt to find him, and hopefully Nia and Jayden. Her calls weren't going through however. After speaking at reception for a while, Jayda impatiently decided to find her own way. She knew they would be in accident and emergency.

As she rounded a corner, she saw Dontae being escorted out of a room, shouting and swearing.

'Tae?' She lightly jogged to him, in confusion. His demeanour softened and he turned to see his girlfriend. As soon as his eyes laid on her, his heart broke a little for her, for he knew what she was about to find out would crush her.

'Jay..' He mutters.

'What's going on?' She reached him and peered into the room he was just dragged out of her. Her mouth went dry and her heart stopped.

'No, what's going on? What are they doing?' She screamed tearfully as she saw a team of doctors swarming the bed, administering electric shocks to the body as the heart monitor was flatline. She released a cry, attempting to run into the room but Dontae held her back.

'I've got you, I've got you. Calm down.' He tried to soothe her, knowing it wouldn't work. Tears were gathering in his own eyes.

'What are they doing? Why is the machine not beeping?' Jayda asked in a state of frenzy. Dontae pulled her into him, making sure she couldn't watch what was going on in the hospital room.

10 minutes later, a doctor emerged holding his hands together. His solemn expression said everything they needed to know.

'I'm so sorry..' He began but was cut off by Jayda's heartbroken cry.

'Nooo.' She cries, clinging onto Dontae as her heart literally pained her. 'You have to keep trying, I can't, you need to go back and try.' She screamed. Dontae held her, allowing tears to escape his own eyes.

2 young lives had been taken in such a short amount of time.

Who would be next?

6 HOURS EARLIER..

I watched Isaiah as he slept, not wanting to take my eyes off him. I was never letting him out of my sight again. I could not go through that heartbreak ever again.

After Auntie Janet had told us someone had taken Isaiah we raced over to her house. The police were there and they questioned all of us. I screamed and screamed, telling them to find Kalim that he was responsible and they said they'd 'look into it'. 

Auntie Janet had not stopped apologising, she had literally left Isaiah on his playmate in the front room whilst she went to warm up his milk in the kitchen. 2 minutes later, he was gone.

The police advised me to go home Incase any calls came through from the possible kidnapper. When we got home, Isaiah was in his cot, crying his eyes out and next to him, a pair of handcuffs. The police suspected they were Kalim's.

'You hungry?' Dontae asks quietly from under me. I shake my head and he tightens his arms around me.

He wanted to be out there, searching for Kalim but I had persuaded him not to. I didn't want him to get caught up in something. As much as it pained me, we had to trust the police to do their job.

'I wanna go get some food.' He mumbles.

'There's food in the kitchen.'

'Jayda man, lemme go and find him. If I do nothing he's gonna keep on fucking about. He needs to be deaded.' He speaks harshly.

'Dontae you can't leave us right now. What if he comes back? And you're not here?' I turn to look at him with teary eyes. He sighs, kissing my forehead.

'I'm here, I've got you.'

It had taken a lot of persuasion to make my parents stay on their holiday. They wanted to come home but I told them not to. Even though I really wanted my mum, I didn't wanna ruin their holiday plus Isaiah was safely with me now.

A little later that night, I got a text from Jay saying he, Sammy and Jaydene were coming to stay the night, but needed Jaydene to be picked up now.

'Jayden, let's go pick up Jaydene.' I say looking at him.

'What, in cab?' He asks.

'Yeah.' I shrug.

'Why can't your man drop us?'

'Tru, Taeeeee.' I call out. He emerges from the kitchen.

'Wagwan.'

'Can you drive me to pick up Jaydene please?'

'Yeah yeah g.'

After the boys were messing around for ages, we finally started to leave.

I was in the back with Isaiah whilst Dontae drove and Jayden connected his phone to the aux.

C Biz started playing immediately.

'Didn't this don get robbed?' Dontae laughs. Jayden goes off, telling Dontae to respect the artist and that he's in fact 'hard' etc. I shook my head, scrolling through my phone whilst watching Isaiah.

15 minutes later we had arrived at Jays. We all got out, and I swear I danced when I saw a Chinese takeaway man leaving their front door. Foodddd.

'Hey familia.' Me and Jayden say at the same time once Jay had opened the door. He kisses his teeth, he hates our twin moments.

'I see you got Chinese.' I grin as we enter the house.

'Relax man, it's in the kitchen. Gimme my nephew.' He holds his hands out for Isaiah and I pass him over. 'Wagwan pengting like Zay uno.'

'Zay?' I just shake my head at the new nickname and go to get some Chinese food.

After we ate, we were lounging around. Jaydene was lying on my chest, playing around on my phone whilst Isaiah was seated on his uncles lap. They looked so cute, I snapped about 100 pictures. It was so weird how alike they look.

'You lot go yard now. I've got Marc and them to watch the house.' Jay informs us.

'Rah, I'm going to see Nia before.'

'Nia? Why?' I ask Jayden in confusion.

'Don't worry innit.' He smirks.

'I didn't even know you two were talking?'

'We're not, just fucking.' He grins.

'Jayden!' I scold him, covering Jaydene's ears. 'One of you is gonna end up pregnant or hurt.' I shake my head.

'I wanna see Auntie Nia!' Jaydene screams.

'Nah you can't still.' Jayden shuts her down, causing Jay slap his head.

'Go on, you can go with uncle JJ, and cockblock him.' Jay says smiling causing us to laugh.

'Cockblock him?' Jaydene repeats.

'WHAT did my child just say?' Sammy says entering the front room, staring straight at Jay with pure annoyance.

'Don't say that Jaydene, it's bad.' I tell her and she nods.

'Shall I drop you lot off at Nia's? You know what, we might as well all go.' Dontae suggests.

'Good suggestion.' I ad-lib. Jayden groans.

'Ahh fuck you lot man.' He sulks causing us to laugh, and earn another slap from Sammy this time.

'You lot need to stop swearing. There's two young kids, idiots.' She tuts, giving Jayden Jaydene's overnight bag.

'Sorry sexy Sammy.' Jayden winks at her. Sammy gives him the biggest look of disgust.

'Jay.' She says, and Jay again slaps him upside his head.

'Rah, you lot are being ruthless tonight. Bare hitting me.' He tuts rubbing his head. I shake my head, laughing at him.

At about 9pm we finally left Jays. Isaiah was drifting off to sleep but I didn't want him to yet. His eyes were closing as i fed him some milk from the bottle I had warmed up just before we left Jays.

'How long you gonna be at Nia's?' I ask Jayden.

'Not long since all of you are coming.' He screws me.

'Nah I might just go home. Need to put Isaiah to bed. Jaydene you tired?' I ask as she was dozing off.

'Nooo. I want to see Auntie Nia.' She moans, about to tantrum.

'Alright alright. We'll stay for 10 minutes, okay?' She nods happily. I shake my head, letting a 2 year old dictate my life. We pulled up at Nia's after 15 minutes. 

We all clambered out the car, I kept Isaiah in his car seat since he was fast asleep now.

'Carry.' Jaydene says to me.

'No, be a big girl and walk.' She whines but continues walking.

The door was already open when we got to it. I immediately frown.

'Nia?' I call out pushing it open wider. Further down the hallway I could see a brown arm and hand. 'Oh my god.' I mutter, drawing Jayden's attention.

'Shit, get Jaydene and go back in the car. Get Dontae.' He says jogging towards the body.

'Jaydene, come.' I call out to her but she's already running after Jayden. I swear under my breath, deciding to run to Dontae was taking ages to get out the car. 'Somethings happened.' I tell him as I place Isaiah's seat back in the car.

'What?' He asks, getting out.

'We saw an arm, I think it's Nia. Jaydene ran after Jayden-.' I was interrupted by a loud bang. At first I thought it was a firework but realised it came from Nia's house.

My heart literally stopped, that couldn't be a gunshot? I got an instant pain in my chest and felt breathless. I clutched my chest as me and Dontae locked eyes.

'Oh my god. Jaydene!' I scream, running towards the house, after Dontae who had already entered. Just then another shot rang out. The sound made me stumble.

It was so loud and piercing. I ran to the kitchen, where Dontae had just entered. Nia was trembling, a gun at her feet as she started at the two bodies on the floor. Her eyes wide and fearful. My eyes locked onto both bodies.

'JAYDEN.' I scream as I saw blood pouring out his chest. His body was slumped on the floor, his eyes barely open.

'Call an ambulance.' Dontae instructs me, holding a sobbing Jaydene is his arms. I shakily took his phone from his hands and dialled 999, asking for an ambulance.

'It's my br-brother, he's been shot.' I cried helplessly as I remained crouched over his body. 'I don't think he's breathing.' I cry even more. I hadn't even noticed the other lifeless body was Kalim. Nia remained in the same spot, staring at Kalim.

As I spoke to the ambulance operator, I heard Dontae asking her what happened.

'He, he shot Jayden. And, he thought I wasn't awake so-so I picked up the gun and I had to, I shot him. He's d-dead.' She stuttered with a blank look in her eyes.

'Jayda, I need you to listen to me.' Dontae says looking at me, his eyes swiftly moving from Jayden's body to me. The ambulance operator was still on the line. He took the phone, muting the call.

'I'm going to go and take Isaiah to my aunties. I need you to wait here, with Jaydene, okay?'

'Tae, Tae I can't. Don't leave.' I began to cry even more. How was he so calm right now? My twin was dying beneath us, and Kalim lay dead?

'I need to, or the police will arrest me and I won't be able to do anything. I need you to be strong right now ite? I'm gonna take Nia too, or they'll arrest her. You just wait here and tell them you came to visit Nia but when you got here, you just saw this? Ok? Can you do that?'

I nod shakily, not listening exactly to what he had said. He handed Jaydene's small body to me and I cradled her as she cried, her little hands over her ears.

'Shh.' I tried to soothe her but couldn't. Dontae used a kitchen cloth to pick up the gun then escorted Nia out the house.

I shivered, grabbing a hold of Jayden's hand which was still warm.

'Stay awake Jayden, please.' I begged quietly. Jaydene attempted to lift her head up but I placed it back on my chest. She didn't need to see her uncle bleeding out. 'It's okay Jaydene, shhh, it's okay.' I rocked her back and forth. Finally, the ambulance arrived.

'We're in here!' I scream and they come rushing in. They start fumbling around, and already declared Kalim dead. One began asking me questions as the other attempted to stabilise Jayden. They put him on the bed and began rolling him out, not informing me of what was happening.

They asked if I'd like to stay with the deceased body which I refused immediately. We clambered into the back of the ambulance. Everything was so rushed, I understand why. It wasn't clear whether Jayden was going to make it.

'Is the little one okay?' The worker asks me.

'I don't know, Jaydene?' Her little head pops up but she continued to cling to me. 'Does anywhere hurt? Did you hurt yourself?'

'My head, I want mami.' She cries.

'Okay, baby. It's okay.' I rock her.

'We'll check her over in the hospital.' The worker smiles at me.

An hour later, I was sitting next to Jaydene as she slept on her hospital bed. The doctor checked her over and said she was okay, just distressed.

Jayden had been whisked away to surgery and I hadnt heard anything yet. I had called Jay and Sammy at the first chance I got which was only 20 minutes ago. They would be here any minute.

'My baby!' Sammy bursts through the doors, running straight for Jaydene. Her cheeks were tear stained as she cradled Jaydene's sleepy body, she had begun to wake up. As soon as she saw her parents faces she began to cry again, clutching to her mum. The sight nearly made me cry.

I understand that motherly feeling now. When Isaiah went missing I wanted to die.

'Are you okay? Where's Jayden?' Jay says to me after checking on Jaydene

'Surgery, the bullet hit his lung apparently. They haven't told me anything.' I say tearfully. It was uncertain whether he would make it right now. I felt like half of me was dying.

15 minutes later, a nurse came to visit but with her was a man and woman accompanied by a police officer. I instantly frown.

'Hi, I'm DI Nixon and this DI Kearne.' The petite blonde woman says giving us a small smile.

'We would like to take Jayda Michaels in for questioning, just to help with inquiries.' The male states.

'When, now?' I frown in distaste.

'Yes, we'd like to do it as soon as possible to discover what has happened.'

'My twin is in surgery, and you want to question me now?'

'We understand it's inconvenient but we have to establish how it is has ended up with your brother being in surgery.'

'Jay, just go. Tell them what you saw.' Jay says, giving me a look and I nod, knowing Dontae had spoken to him already.

I sigh, standing up.

'And we'll need to take Sammy Hayes in as well.'

'What? I wasn't even there?' Sammy says, as she strokes Jaydene's hair.

'I know but you are Kalim's next of kin, we have some questions for you as well. As he was an escaped convict.'

'I am not leaving my daughter.'

'We would really appreciate it if you would come in now.'

'I'm afraid you don't have a choice.' The DI Kearne guy says. After 10 minutes of arguing back and forth, me and Sammy were taken to the police station.

In the interview room, they asked me various of questions.

What was I doing there?
Where was Nia?
Why was I with Jaydene?
How did I get into the house?
Did I see the murder weapon?

When it hit 1am I became irritable. I hadn't been able to hear how Jayden was doing and I wanted to leave.

'Am I under arrest?' I ask after a brief silence.

'No, but we wou-.'

'Then I want to go.'

'We have a few more questions Jayda.'

'I am not under arrest, this is against my human rights. Legally I cannot be kept here. Either arrest me or let me go.' I say sternly, I was fed up.

They eventually gave in, letting me go.

'Thank you for your time. We will contact you pending further inquiries.

'Jayda.' Jay leapt to his feet as I was escorted out of an interview room.

'Where's Sammy?' I asked him

'They're still questioning her.'

'I can't believe this, I need to get to the hospital. Where's Isaiah?'

'With Auntie Janet. Marc's outside in my car. Get him to drive you to hospital, Dontae's with Jayden. Jaydene's at Auntie Janet's.' I nod, feeling calmer at his calm and collected state, despite everything that had conspired in a few hours. 'Dontae said Nia's in there too, suttin happened to her.'

'What? What happened?' I ask in a panic. Jay shrugs.

'Yo, you cool?' Marc asks as I gets in the car. I nod absentmindedly, praying that Jayden was okay and that Nia was okay too.

'Can you take me hospital pls.'

'Yeah yeah.' We were at the hospital in less than 15 minutes. 'Call me if you need me to pick you up.'

'Thanks.' I rush into the hospital, calling Dontae's phone in an attempt to find him, and hopefully Nia and Jayden. My calls weren't going through however. After speaking at reception for a while, I impatiently decided to find her own way. I knew they would be in accident and emergency.

As I rounded a corner, I saw Dontae being escorted out of a room, shouting and swearing.

'Tae?' I began lightly jogging to him, in confusion. His body physically relaxed as he heard me. He looked at me with the saddest look in his eyes.

'Jay..' He mutters.

'What's going on?' I reach him and peer into the room he was just dragged out of. My mouth went dry and my heart stopped.

'No, what's going on? What are they doing?' I scream tearfully as I saw a team of doctors swarming the bed which Jayden lay, administering electric shocks to his body as the heart monitor was flatline.

I cried out, and attempted to run into the room, only to be stopped by Dontae..

'I've got you, I've got you. Calm down.' He tried to soothe me. .

'What are they doing? Why is the machine not beeping?' I ask in a state of frenzy. Dontae pulled me into him, burying my head in his chest, prohibiting me from seeing what was going on in the room.

'Nia? Where's Nia?' I ask in frenzy.

'She's calm. She just fainted.' He consoles me.

10 minutes later, a doctor emerged from the room holding his hands together. His solemn expression said everything I needed to know.

'I'm so sorry..' He began but was cut off by my heartbroken cry, I literally felt half of me had been torn out my body.

'Nooo.' I cry, clinging onto Dontae as my heart literally pained me. 'You have to keep trying, I can't, you need to go back and try.' I beg.

My twin could not be dead.

Jayden was not dead.

My twin, bestfriend, brother... He couldn't be dead.

'I'm so sorry. There was a lot of internal bleeding. We did everything we could, he was a fighter but his body shut down.' The doctor explains.

I cried and cried and cried. He was only 16.

How was I meant to function if half of me was dead? My mind races erratically, full of memories of Jayden. His cheeky smile, hot temper, endless banter, rude comments.

Dontae held me tightly, I could feel his heart racing erratically in his chest.

'Fuck.' He called out. I released myself form his embrace as I sunk to the floor sobbing.

RIP Jayden.

***

... Hey guys.
Please don't shout at meeeee, I didn't wanna kill Jayden😭😭😭
I was literally crying as I wrote this, feel like he's real lol
Anywayyy I have one more part, Part 3 then the Epilogue and the book is finishedddd😭
Vote, comment; lemme know what you think.
Next update won't be as long xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 4.6K 24
not forcing you, but this story is 1 of a kind... read now ! 🔞 ( or be mature )
130K 4.4K 58
A love story. The street way.
bad bishhhh By pweeeedy

Mystery / Thriller

11.5K 757 14
young and inlove Jamaican story bad man aka donn
10.4K 569 14
read and find out bbz