No Matter What • Stilinski [...

By buzzcutdylan

[ BOOK 1 ] They will fight to protect each other; No Matter What... More

~PROLOGUE~
01// Beacon Hills High
02//First days and Lacrosse
03//Parties and Male Models
04//Hospitals and Period Pamphlets
05//Intolerable
06//Not a Rabbit
07//Strike
08//Jackass
09//Broken
10//Pinky Swear
11//The Truth
12//Yoda's
13//Night of the Living Alpha
14//Running
15//Phone Calls
16//Effects of a Full Moon
17//No Matter What
18//Bubbling to the Surface
20//Protecting Mr. Cheekbones
21//Shopping
22//Winter Formal
23//Finding Derek
24//Darkness
25//Dreaming
26//Only The Beginning
27//Trust You
28//Another Werewolf?
29//Fear
30//Skating Disasters
31// Helpless
32// The Test
33// Stiles the llama.
34// Ham and Cheese, or Turkey Club?
35//Restraining Order
36// Rave?
37// Finally Healing
38//Trust Your Instincts
39// The Battlefield
40// I Love You
Heart of Darkness

19//Peter Hale

1.1K 43 1
By buzzcutdylan

--DISCLAIMER--
I DO NOT OWN TEEN WOLF

~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 19

PETER HALE

~~~~~~~~~~

The brunette's small fists clenched the steering wheel of her black Mustang so tightly that she was afraid that her now blue and purple-stained fingers would snap off. The feeling of pent up anger coursed through her veins as she sped down a deserted, leaf covered road; with the desire to just go home and lay in bed for a week.

Her her fingers ached as the adrenaline slowly drained from her body, leaving the feeling of sadness and overwhelming exhaustion to overtake her and leave her drowning in her own, blank mind. Her thoughts, that once consisted of strangling some innocent person to the point of death, where now plagued with a dark abyss of fear and tiredness. After all, she is only a teenager. They are all just teenagers.

Crystal hadn't realised that she was already sitting in the driveway of her own house, until Jenna had knocked on her window with a confused expression covering her delicate features. The brunette shook her head and turned off the engine, grabbed her bag and exited the car.

"You okay? You've been sitting out here for ten minutes." Jenna's voice piped up as her niece tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Uh, yeah. Just day dreaming." Crystal shook her head and pursed her lips, in a attempt to smile; which failed miserably. She began trekking towards her front door, Jenna by her side.

"Do you want some coffee? I just put the kettle on." Her aunt asked as they stepped through the front door.

Crystal chuckled, dropping her bag by the door and entering the kitchen, taking a seat on the island stool. "You really need to ask me that?"

Jenna began pouring coffee in to two mugs. The blonde shook her head and chuckled, "Right."

The blonde thirty year old, however; noticed the sixteen year old tapping her fingers nervously along her legs, and chewing on her bottom lip. Jenna frowned and placed one of the two mugs in front of Crystal, snapping her out of her daze.

"What's going on? You look a little jittery," Jenna questioned. Just then a sly smile covered her features.

"Is it a boy?" Jenna's question was enough for Crystal to choke on her coffee, almost spitting it out in the process.

"What? No it's not a boy. Well, there is one boy that's been pissing me off lately but that doesn't matter." The teenager wiped her mouth and chuckled non-humourlessly.

"Who? The sheriffs son? Uh- what's his name..." Jenna trailed off as she clicked her fingers in attempt to remember.

"Stiles. And no, he doesn't piss me off as much as this one does." Crystal scowled at the mug in her hands in front of her, rethinking her encounter with Jackson earlier.

"Well... You know," Jenna leaned across the island, the coffee steam dancing across her face. "You don't have to keep secrets from me, what happened?"

Crystal rolled her eyes. "I know, Jenna. It's just Lydia's boyfriend, Jackson. He broke up with her and it made her really upset, which in-turn made me really angry."

Jenna winced as idea's formed in her head. "Please don't tell me you did what I think you did."

Crystal smirked and nodded, just as Jenna chuckled and shook her head.

"If you get expelled then it's all on you, missy." Jenna joked and sipped on her mug.

"Yeah well, it was worth it. I definitely do have a mean right-hook if you ask me." Crystal wiggled her fingers on her right hand for added effect as she chuckled along with Jenna.

"You working at the hospital tonight?" Crystal questioned out of curiosity.

"No, they don't need me in tonight. But I'm working night-shift tomorrow night so you'll have the house to yourself. No parties." Jenna warned jokingly. Crystal shook her head and chuckled.

"Oh, don't worry about that."

"So, tell me. What's going on with you and Stiles?" Jenna questioned as Crystal rolled her eyes.

"Seriously? Why do you feel the need to make him the topic of conversation. Every freaking time, I might add."

"Because he's cute! I'm telling you, if I where a few years younger I would definitely take him." Jenna wiggled her eyebrows and Crystal gagged.

"Please, do not ever say that again. That's just weird, your weird." The brunette scrunched her nose up in disgust.

"So, is he still pining over Lydia?" Jenna asked, changing the subject slightly.

The small teenager cringed and huffed out-loud. "Yeah, he is."

Jenna decided to press the subject further. "Well, now that Lydia's broke up with her boyfriend that means he'll have a chance, right?"

Crystal shrugged her shoulders in defeat, "I don't know, I mean she barely even notices him, never mind giving him a chance."

"Do you notice him?"

Crystal shot her gaze up from her lap, eyeing the blonde curiously.

"What the hell does that mean?"

Jenna smirked evilly and brought her mug to her lips. "You know exactly what I mean."

And she did. She knew what Jenna meant. But the question is, did she?

Of course she noticed him, but did she like him? The girl couldn't deny the comfortable yet uncomfortable feeling she gets when she is around him. Or how she can't stop thinking about that night of the full moon, when she was huddled in to his chest. She can't help but think of how content she feels when she is around him, or how annoyed she gets when he talks non-stop about her strawberry blonde best friend. Before the question could be answered, however, Crystal's phone buzzed in her pocket; which brought the girl out of her internal thoughts of a boy, who she never thought she would think about in that way.

She grabbed her phone off of the kitchen island, to see it was a text from the aforementioned boy.

FROM: Stuhlinski

Come to my house, it's important.

Her stomach twisted nervously at that thought. She had never been to Stiles house, which made the back of her neck heat up.

"I'm guessing that was Stiles, by the way your staring at your phone and blushing like a tomato." Jenna's annoying voice made Crystal roll her eyes.

"Oh shut up."

Crystal grabbed her car keys and started for the door.

"Criss."

The teenagers aunt's voice made her swivel around from her spot in the hallway. "Yeah?"

"It was good talking to you, we should do that more often."

For the first time in a long time, Crystal smiled a genuine smile and nodded. "I know."

🌙

By the time Crystal got to the Stilinski's house, thanks to GPS for directions, the nerves in her stomach had settled down. A little.

She glanced in the mirror and shook her head. "Get it over with, dipshit."

The girl got out of her car and walked towards the front door of the small, comfortable looking house and rang the door-bell.

The door swung open to reveal the boy in plaid, who grabbed Crystals wrist and dragged her up stairs.

"What the hell, Stiles?!" The girl yelled as she was being man-handled by a skinny buzz-cut boy. The two came to a stop out-side of a door at the end of the hall, when Stiles turned around to face the small brunette.

"Okay, if anyone asks, Derek is my cousin Miguel from Mexico." And before Crystal could question any further, Stiles opened his bedroom door to reveal a very perplexed yet wide-eyed Danny Mahealani, and a very shirtless Derek Hale.

"Wow, I didn't know gang-bangs where your thing Stilinski."

Stiles turned around and glared at the small girl, "Wha- no! We are not having a- you know what. Just sit down." The pale boy then pointed to his bed as Crystal held up her hands in defeat.

"Okay, jeez." Taking a seat on the bed, smiling sarcastically at Derek.

"How's it goin' Miguel."

Derek growled at the girl who smiled sarcastically at the very well-built male in front of her, who was digging through Stiles' chest of drawers

She turned her gaze to Danny who was sitting on Stiles' desk chair.

"What's Criss doing here?" Danny questioned.

"Not important, so about that text..."

"Stiles." Derek's voice was enough to make Crystal turn her attention towards the shirtless werewolf. She couldn't deny that she was staring at Derek's abs longer than intended.

"This," He dangled a shirt in front of him, "No fit."

"Then try something else on." Stiles demanded as he huffed in annoyance.

"Hm, or you could just keep it off?" Crystal suggested as she smiled innocently. Derek muttered a few words under his breath and began digging through Stiles' drawers again. A piece of scrunched up paper hit Crystal in the head as she turned round to see who the culprit was. Stiles sat there with his eyes narrowed on the girl, who just shrugged her shoulders and went back to watching Derek.

The werewolf then pulled out an orange and blue striped shirt, which was one of the ugliest shirts the girl had ever laid eyes on.

"Hey, that one looks pretty good huh? What do you think Danny?" Stiles asked Danny, who was staring at Derek so intently that he even might of been drooling.

"It's not his color."

Crystal chuckled as Derek took the t-shirt off with a huff and dug through the chest of drawers, yet again. The girl stood up and walked over so that she was standing behind Danny, placing her hands on his shoulders.

"You swing for a different team but you still play ball don't you, Danny boy?"

"You guys are horrible people."

"I know, it keeps us awake at night."

"Anyway," Stiles chimed in. "About that text."

"Stiles! None of these fit." Derek snapped. Danny took one glance back and stared at Derek.

"I'll need the ISP, the phone number and the exact time of the text."

Stiles threw his hands up in victory as Crystal high-fived him. Probably not the best idea as her hand was still sore from socking Jackson right in his chiselled jaw earlier today. A moment in which she will cherish forever. Stiles noticed her discomfort.

"Hey what's wrong?" The boy questioned as he looked between Crystal and her hand, which she was now massaging discreetly. Or at least trying to.

"Uh... It doesn't matter. Let's just say someone got what they deserved."  Crystal dismissed the issue. Stiles decided not to press the subject any further as Danny announced that he had found out who the text was sent from.

"There, the text was sent from a computer. This one." Danny explained as Derek, Crystal and Stiles all huddled around Danny.

"Registered to that account name?" Derek questioned.

Crystal stared at the screen in absolute horror. This can't be right, no. The girl felt the blood drain from her face as she looked at the name on the computer screen.

Account registered to:
Beacon Hills Hospital-
Jennifer Thomson.

🌙

The three drove towards the hospital in silence, none of them feeling the need to voice their thoughts as they came to a stop in the parking lot of Beacon Hills Hospital. Crystal refused to believe that her aunt, whom she loves and trusts with her whole life, is the psychotic Alpha running around the streets of Beacon Hills and terrorising her and her friends lives.

That could be one option, however. The other could be that the Alpha some how used Jenna's computer to send that text to Allison, yet again they would still be in the fog about trying to figure out who the Alpha is. With this one piece of evidence, she knew that the two sitting in the front seats of Stiles' jeep where already thinking that it could only be Jenna. However, Crystal wouldn't believe for one second that her aunt is a serial-killing red eyed werewolf.

"Did you get the picture?" Scott's voice was loud enough through Stiles' phone for Crystal to hear as it brought her out of her inner thoughts.

"Yeah I did, and it looks just like the drawing." Stiles explained. Just then, Derek grabbed Stiles arm and put the phone up to his own ear.

"Hey. If there's something on the back of it, there's gotta be something. A inscription, an opening; something!" Derek demanded.

"No, the thing's flat, and no it doesn't open. There's nothing in it, on it; around it, nothing. And where are you? Your supposed to be here your first line!" There was a little pause then another voice came through.

"Where the hell is Bilinski?! Huh?"

Coach.

Crystal furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, but couldn't find it in herself to laugh or even talk.

"Look, if you see my dad can you tell him- tell him I'll be there I'll just be a little bit late. Okay? Thanks." Stiles then hung up the phone.

"Your not gonna make it." Derek dead-panned. Stiles huffed out loud and rubbed his eyes. He glanced in the rear-view mirror and made eye contact with Crystal, a sympathetic look on both their faces.

"I know."

"And you didn't tell him about Criss' Aunt either."

Crystal glared at the back of Derek's head.

"Not until we find out the truth." Her voice came out hard and a little bit cracked, mainly because that's the first word she had spoken since they left Stiles' house; and partly because it made her upset thinking that Jenna was the Alpha.

"By the way, one more thing." Derek grabbed the back of Stiles head and slammed it on the steering wheel. Crystal gasped and winced at the same time, all the while trying not to laugh.

"What the hell?!"

"You know what that was for. Go. Go!" Derek demanded as Crystal and Stiles began to exit the jeep. The two fell in to step with one another as the walked towards the entrance of the hospital.

"Are you okay?" Crystal asked the boy, who was furiously rubbing his nose. He took a glance at the girl.

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?" Stiles questioned as they entered the hospital.

"I'm not the one who just got their face smashed off of a steering wheel."

"I didn't mean that." Stiles stopped walking and grabbed Crystal by the shoulder softly.

"Oh... I guess we'll just see when we find out the truth." The corners of her mouth twitched upward as she rubbed Stiles arm in her own way of thanking him for comfort.

"Now, let's go find Derek's comatose uncle."

Stiles chuckled and followed Crystal down the narrowed hallways, in search for the older Hale.

🌙

"Yeah, I said we can't find her,"

For the past fifteen minutes, the two teenagers had been wondering the halls in search for Peter Hale's nurse, in which they have failed to do as the whole hospital is completely empty. Not a single nurse, doctor or patient are in sight, leaving the halls to feel cold and lonely.

"Look, ask for Jennifer, she's been looking after my uncle." Crystal heard Derek's voice through the phone. The two teenagers then found themselves in the room that Derek's uncle was supposed to be in. Instead of finding a comatose middle-aged man, they came face to face with an empty, made up bed and a wheelchair in the corner.

"Well, he's not here either."

Crystal ventured deeper in to the room out of pure curiosity. She wondered how it was possible for a coma patient to stay in a small room like this, years on end; unable to move or speak. It would drive you insane.

"Criss, we have to get out here, now." Stiles grabbed Crystal's hand and began dragging her out of the room.

"What? Why? What's going on?" The small brunette questioned as they came to a stop outside the room. The two stopped in their tracks as they came face to face with a middle aged man, burn scars covering half of his face. The man was clad in a long, leather jacket which nearly touched the floor.

It hit her like a tonne of bricks, this is Peter Hale, and he's the Alpha.

"You must be Stiles." His gaze fixed on the boy beside her, until his head snapped in her direction, a smirk plastering his half burnt, half smooth face.

"And you. You must be Crystal."

The two teenagers' grip tightened on one another's hands, which where intertwined like knotted wires between them. How did he know their names?

They both advanced backwards, with the intention of booking it out of here, until they turned around and came face to face with a petite red-headed nurse, no taller than Crystal.

"What are you doing here? Visiting hours are over."

You know that feeling you get, when you get an injection; that small little prick of pain that lasts for about a second, until the coldness of the fluid inside is injected in to your body? That is the only way Crystal could explain her emotions in this very moment. It was as if someone had taken a needle and injected her with fear and dread, it now coursing through her veins and leaving her with nothing more than a dull ache at the pit of her stomach. Frozen on the spot, she clenched tightly on to Stiles hand and glared through Peter Hale's skull, in hopes of it imploding.

"Y-you, and him," Stiles used his free hand to point between the two that where blocking his path. "You're the one who, and he's the... Oh god we are going to die."

Just as the two where about to potentially be mauled to death, the saviour in a leather jacket bounced in front of the red-headed nurse Jennifer, and elbowed her in the face; sending her to the ground in a heap.

"That's not nice, she's my nurse." The sinister voice of the older Hale came from behind Crystal, sending shivers down her spine.

"She's the psychotic bitch helping you kill people. Get out of the way." Derek demanded the last part towards the two teenagers who stood in shock. Stiles muttered something incoherent under his breath and dragged Crystal to the floor with him. The two scrambled across the floor until they found a desk that the two could hide under.

"Oh god we are going to die." Stiles muttered and glanced at Crystal, who was staring off in to space in some sort of daze. He took her pale, cold face in his hands and caressed her cheeks.

"Hey, hey look at me. Criss? Look at me."

Crystal snapped her gaze from the floor up to Stiles warm, hazel eyes which held so much comfort. She smiled. Stiles blew a puff of air out in relief, and smiled back, still rubbing her cheeks softly with the pad of his thumbs. Crystal placed her hands on top of his and smiled, the warmth of his hands heating her cold body up.

"My mind, my personality, where literally burned out of me," The voice of Peter Hale snapped the two teenagers out of their staring competition as they glanced around the desk to see the aforementioned Alpha dragging Derek down the hallway by his throat.

"We--we gotta help him." Crystal said as she began to stand up. Stiles grabbed her arm and looked at her like she had grown three heads.

"Wha- are you crazy? You are not going out there! He can handle himself."

"-it's been driven by pure instinct," Peter continued.

"You want forgiveness?" Derek then punched the Alpha as handled as he could, not having much effect as the older Hale then blocked his next hit, then head butted him.

"Stiles he's gonna die if we don't do something." Crystal exclaimed as she watched the two werewolves fight. Stiles just shook his head and kept Crystal firmly in place.

"I want understanding." Peter replied to Derek. Then in one swift movement, his right foot came in to contact with Derek's chest which had him soaring through the air.

"Do you have any idea what it was like for me during those years? Slowly healing cell by cell, even more slowly coming back to consciousness. Yes, becoming an Alpha, taking that from Laura pushed me over a plateau in the healing process. I can't help that."

The two where at it again, kicking and punching.

"We have to get out of here, come on!" Stiles grabbed Crystal by the hand and dragged her out of the hospital and to his jeep.

"We have to get to Scott, go to the school now." Crystal demanded as she tugged her seatbelt on. Stiles was already one step ahead as he floored it on his way to the school.

Crystals thoughts where plagued with the Alpha, to be precise, Peter Hale. She couldn't comprehend what was going on at all. All she could think was how relieved she was that Jenna wasn't the Alpha, or how Jenna wasn't in any danger... At least she hoped.

One thought did pop in to her mind though.

"What are you going to tell your dad?"

Stiles shifted his gaze towards the girl in the passenger seat.

"We just found out that the psychotic Alpha killing everyone is Derek's uncle Peter Hale, who was in a coma for six years; I might add, and your asking me what I'm going to say to my dad about a Lacrosse game that I didn't show up to?" Stiles dead-panned. Crystal furrowed her eyebrows and looked away.

"Right. Sorry for asking."

The pale boy huffed out and ran his hands over his face. "Sorry, I'm just stressed out, you know? I'll probably just tell him that I was studying at your house."

"That's not very believable."

"I know."

🌙

By the time the two got to the school, the game was finished and all the Lacrosse players where leaving. They jumped out of the car and heaved through the crowd of Lacrosse players, one of them; that Crystal remembered to be one of Jackson's friends, stopped in front of her.

"State! State! State!" He continuously exclaimed. Crystal rolled her eyes and kneed him in the groin.

"Piss off."

Stiles grabbed Crystal's hand once they entered the school, on their way to the locker room. Once they got there, they found Scott sitting on a bench in nothing but a towel covering his lower region.

"Dude, we've got a problem." Stiles panted as they came to a stop.

"Trust me, I know."

🌙

Crystal sat in the pale blue jeep for the third time that day, silence overlapping the car; the only sound being the whirring of the engine as it sped down a deserted road.

"You must've hit someone pretty hard to get that bruise." Stiles voice was just above a whisper as he glanced down at Crystals purple and blue covered knuckles.

"Jackson."

Stiles choked on his own spit and whipped his head around to face Crystal. "Wha- you punched Jackson? Again, I might add."

Crystal snorted. "Yeah, he had it coming."

Stiles eyes went wide at the news.
"Not that it bothers me, because it definitely doesn't, but why?"

The brunette sighed and leaned her head against the cool window, loving the feeling against her throbbing head.

"He broke up with Lydia."

There was a small silence that hung in the air. "Oh."

Crystal turned to face Stiles, who had his lips pursed as he stared intently at the road in front of him.

"I just told you that the girl of your dreams got dumped and all you say is 'oh'?"

Stiles exhaled and ran a hand through what little hair he has, "Well, what do you expect me to say?"

"I don't know, I sort of guessed you'd be a little happier... It means that you have a chance right? She's single now..." Crystal all of a sudden became very annoyed at her own words, what felt like fire surged through her veins and down her throat as she spoke those words. What the hell is wrong with her?

"Nah... We both know she doesn't know who I am anyway so what's the point? Girls like her don't go for guys like me." Stiles explained as he rubbed his eyes.

"What do you mean guys like you?" The sixteen year old questioned as they came to a stop outside Stiles' house, her car was still parked outside from when she came over earlier; thinking back made her feel like it was along time ago.

"I mean... I can't play Lacrosse, I don't get the girls, my best friend is more popular than I am and--I'm basically invisible. Girls like that always go for the popular athletes who can keep a conversation going for longer that twenty seconds without having a panic attack." Stiles rambled on, Crystal rolled her eyes and turned her whole body so that she was now facing Stiles.

"Hey. Listen to me dumbass. Your not invisible, okay? Your an amazing guy, Stiles. I mean, your funny, your smart; you always know the right thing to say. You care about people, especially your friends. Your always there for me too, like the night of the full moon, I don't know where I would have been without you, Stiles. Just because your not popular, or you don't play lacrosse, doesn't mean that your invisible and a nobody, Stiles. It means your human, like the rest of us. Like me.
And just because Lydia doesn't notice you, doesn't mean that other girls won't notice you either, okay? Any girl would be lucky to be with you, Stiles. Because your an amazing person to be around. And that was the most cheesy thing that's ever came out of my mouth, oh my god." Crystals cheeks turned red as she realised everything that she had just said.

She mustered up the courage to take a glance at Stiles. He sat there, his jaw dropped to the ground as he stared at the brunette intently, a hint of realisation covered his features as he let out a small, sweet laugh and smiled at the girl.

"Y-you really think so?"

Crystal couldn't form words, all she could do was nod. She looked in to his eyes, worst mistake ever.

The hazel eyes of the brunette boy reminded the girl of chocolate as she stared in to them, they softened even more; making Crystal realise how stupid she must look.

"Uh, I- I gotta go, Jenna's probably waiting for me." Crystal waved at the boy, who was just sitting there, in some sort of daze.

The girl walked to her car and got in, the cold, leather seats making her shiver as she glanced out of her window, to see Stiles still sitting in his jeep, a thoughtful expression on his face as he stared at the girl in the car.

Without one more thought, the girl sped down the road towards her house.

Suddenly, it all came crashing down like a tonne of bricks as she came to a red stop-light. The blood from her face drained away like a pulled out plug in a bath as it all made sense.

"I like Stiles."

~~~~~~~~~

Ooooooo she finally realised it, about time too. Okay, I'm on to episode ten, which means the next episode is the formal... Which means I am very excited:) thank you for reading it means a lot to me... Love you guys

Might I add, all of these chapters are written on my iPhone and I haven't figured out a way to upload gifs yet, so just now your stuck with crappy pictures:))

-BuzzcutDylan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 1K 50
Nadira Najib, born to an African American muslim father and Nigerian Christian mother is not just any kind of muslim girl, her charisma, curiousity...
177K 7K 50
- Sequel to Only on camera - In which, They both question if they will ever find their way back to each other
97K 2.9K 36
Left with nothing, she accepted to living in the home of the most dangerous vampires in the world, despite knowing she'd be powerless if they decided...
315K 8.6K 32
Princess Marie, a renowned troublemaker of Paris has entered the Ton. Marriage, children and any prospect of love have always been a 𝘥𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘧...