Her Boyfriend is my Fiance'!?

Bởi Edy_Kings

NIckkie is your average high school student. trying to survive her senior year. She has wonderful parents, a... Xem Thêm

The News
Welcome Home
It's the truth... Kind of
Say What You Mean and Mean What You Say
Birthday Bash
Birthday Crash
It Gets Better
What's Done in the Dark
Center Stage
Curtain Call
Christmas Surprise
One Life
Two Steps Forward, Three Steps Back
Frozen

Unhinge

45 1 0
Bởi Edy_Kings

It was a week later and the day before Christmas Break. All week, Kathrine had left a series of unfortunate events for me. I suppose that it was payback for kissing her boyfriend in front of an auditorium of people. Monday: she cut up the gym uniform I had been using that day. Tuesday: she somehow got red paint on the back of my pants in art class. Wednesday: was probably my "favorite". I opened my locker and a huge amount of kiwi jell-o came spilling out of it. To make matters worse, I had to be the one to clean it up. It wasn't all bad though. I got a little revenge when I switched her shampoo with honey in gym class. In all this, one would think that she would at least do something to "Punish" Leo. The fact of the matter was, she was treating Leo like he was the freakin' queen of England. At home, Leo and I kept skating around the big question that I know was on both of our minds: "What happened on that stage" It was like every time one of us had tried to come up with a way to talk about it, the other one had come up with a reason to leave the room, or even the condo all together.

I was out on a walk in my favorite red winter coat and without realizing it, I was in front of Ben's house. It was the front lawn that he, Jenny, and I had laid on when the sky was full of stars. It was the front porch that he and I had sat on when he told me that his parents were calling it quits. I thought of these and other special times like when we decided to ride our bikes down the steepest hill town and I broke my arm. Ben and Jenny made me promise to save them a spot on my cast to sign. I still have a small scar near my elbow. I loved those moments and held them so close to my heart. A small tear ran down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away when my cell phone went off. It was Leo.

"Hey we need to talk" he said to me.

"Yeah, we do" I agreed. "I'm on my way home" I told him. I hung up my phone after that. As I walked home, the bitter cold began to pinch at my nose. I didn't mind it though. I liked this time of year because it's when the weather always had a way of bringing people together. I looked at the sky and noticed that snow was beginning to fall. "I'd better hurry home before it starts to come down even harder" I thought to myself.

I had gotten home and closed the door behind me. I threw my coat, hat and gloves on a nearby chair and still huddled in on myself in an attempt to warm myself. Leo saw me and with no words, he held me close. I looked up at him and he smiled.

"Hi" I said to him

"Hi' he said back to me as I saw that the space in between us was getting smaller. The two of us came to our senses and quickly broke away from each other. "Uh, I think we should talk about what happened last week" he said to me. I knew he was right, but I felt my legs moving and since I was attached to them, I had to go with them.

"You know, how about we talk about this after dinner" I suggested as I started to walk towards the kitchen but I felt his hand around my wrist. He pulled me back to him.

"This can't wait Nikkie" he said with smoldering eyes. "I don't know why, but for some reason you make me feel real. It's like when I'm with you, I feel we're a couple and not just a set that people expect to be together" I blushed a little. "I know that you know what I mean because you only blush like that when I've struck a nerve" he pointed out triumphantly.

"Where is this coming from Leo" I asked breaking his hold on me.

"The same place it has been for weeks, and I know you know what I'm talking about" he said, but I didn't meet his gaze. "That kiss" he said and stopped

"Shhhh! don't say that word" I said frantically. He laughed at me a little. "It was just a play Leo" I told him.

"Was it" he asked me. He lifted my chin with his finger and our eyes met. His eyes were both strong yet soft. The atmosphere was different then it usually was. It was like the room fell away and the two of us were floating in space.

"Is he really looking at me like that" I thought as my face ran hot. There was complete silence in our home.  Leo pulled me close and our lips met. I felt his hands on the small of my lower back as I placed my hands on his chest.  "Yes, this is happening and I love it" I thought to myself. It felt so good. Just the touch of his hand sent shocks through my body. His hand ended up in mine and our fingers laced together. I ran my thumbs over his knuckles. Leo pulled away and met my gaze. Not knowing what to do or say, I smiled at him and we both chuckled. I rested my face in his chest and he continued to hug me.

I awoke the next morning and rubbed the crust away from my eyes. The sunlight kind of stung my eyes and I knew my hair was a mess (I guess that's my fault for not putting on my bandana last night).  I was never much of a morning person. I felt around for my glasses to wear until I put in contacts. I quickly focused and found them and put them on.  I managed to drag myself to the bathroom to commence my routine and noticed something. On top of the medicine cabinet, was a small box. It was positioned in a way that looked like it was meant to be hidden. I saw that it was white. I placed it down and walked around to find Leo. He was usually making breakfast by now, but this morning the air wasn't filled with the scent of bacon or eggs. There wasn't even a whiff of pancakes or French toast. As I stood there in our empty condo, I looked back at the box in our bathroom.

Leo's POV

I was out for a run. I'm not really a morning person, but for some reason, I felt like getting up early for a run. It must have been a good reason because it was winter and I don't know many people who get up early just to run this time of year. Anyway, last night was amazing. It was the first time that Nikkie and I had a real moment. I've never felt that way with Kat. I knew what I had to do. I have to end it with her. There was no way that Kat and I would ever have what Nikkie and I do. I felt a spiritual connection to her. I know it probably sounds odd because this whole thing with us was set up before we even had a fighting chance. If there was one thing that I learned in the past two and a half months, it was that you can't choose love. As I continued to run, I ended up at PJ's house. I sent him a text message.

"Hey, wake up" I sent him

"No" he sent back

"Then I'll be forced to admit my 'dying love' for you right here on the sidewalk outside your house" I threatened. No more than a minuet later, I saw the front door open and PJ was there in the front door in his baggy sweat pants and white T-shirt. "Thanks Dude" I said with a smirk.

"Man, I hate you. Did you know that" he said still sleepy. He followed me to the living room. "Is there a reason why you are at my house this early" he asked rubbing the side of his face.

"I don't really know" I told him.

"Oh, you know. When you drag a man from his bed, you know" he said with his eyes wide. I explained to PJ my situation. The tale of the two girls in my life. "When do you plan on ending things with Kat" he asked me.

"Who said anything about that" I asked back.

"You don't have to. With what you have told me, it's pretty obvious that you are not trying to be with Kat anymore. You're having what some might call an emotional affair" I stared at him like he was crazy.

"Have you been looking at your mom's magazines again" I asked him with a laugh.

"She just leaves them around all over the place. What am I supposed to do" he defended himself and laughed too.

"Anyway, since Nikkie and I have been engaged since before we were born, doesn't that make Kat the other woman" I pointed out. PJ just shrugged his shoulders. "I just hope that she didn't find the box" I said told him. PJ looked at me.

"What kind of box" he asked me.

"It's her Christmas present. I bought it a while ago, but I think that now is the right time" I explained.

"Okay, but you should ask yourself something before you give that gift to anyone" PJ said to me. "Whose smile did you first imagine when you bought it" he asked me. I didn't say anything.

After I left PJ's house, I passed by Kat's place and I thought. I had ask myself, where she and I went wrong. When I met her, she was this sweet girl. At least, that's how she appeared. It was somewhere around the middle of junior year I noticed that she and Nikkie couldn't stand each other. The two of them got stuck in the school's elevator for just an hour once and from what I heard from the outside, it sounded like they would kill each other. I got back to the condo and saw Nikkie still sleeping. I took a quick shower. I slipped back into bed with her and put my arms around her. It felt like it was right. This is where I needed to be and I had only hoped that I could do this every day for the rest of life.

End POV

Leo had been gone for a little while and I desperately wanted to know what was in that box. It felt like there was an itch that couldn't be scratched. I didn't want to look through anything that wasn't mine, but what was I going to do. Here I am trying to distract myself from the urge to know what was in that box. There was one suspicion that ran through my head. It was there clear as day, but I didn't want to face it. It was kind of scary thought if it was what I thought it was. I had to text Jenny to take my mind off of it.

Me: wake up!

J: No you can't make me

Me: I need to distract myself

J: from what

Me: a box

J: It's not like the movie is it?

Me: no I found a small blue box and it might be Leo's and I don't want to open it, but I kind of do.

J: then open it

Me: NO! I can't then I'll be one of those snooping girls

J: Then don't open it

Me: but I really want toooooooooo

J: UGH!

Me: UGH!

Just then I heard the door knob turning. I ran and jumped back into bed and pulled the covers up. I heard the door open but didn't dare move an inch from my spot on the bed. I heard foot steps going towards the bathroom and I felt my heart stop for a second out of fear that Leo would notice that maybe the box had been touched. My eyes remained shut when I felt the bed move. I could feel Leo's arm around me and I let out a small smile. It felt like it was right. This is where I needed to be and I had only hoped that I could do this every day for the rest of life.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

619 47 14
Chahat Rai & Harvey Falcon When they were four, they met. When they were six, he knew she is his Bella. Growing up they only wanted each other. Best...
24.2M 848K 81
The Highest Ranking: #2 Romance |Currently in Hot List| 08-Feb-18 #2 Romance |Currently in Hot List| 08-Jan-17 #2 Romance |Currently in Hot List| 21...
103K 42 9
You know the old saying 'Fake it Til You Make It'? Well my best friend Caitlyn took that a little too seriously. She came up with a crazy scheme to h...
1.9K 99 44
"So what did you think of the assignment?" He persisted in getting an answer but Bailey had another conversation already in mind. "I noticed you loo...