It's the truth... Kind of

"Girlfriend" I said.

"What did you just call me?" Leo asked me puzzled

"What? No, your girlfriend" I corrected him. He looked up and I saw his face go white as a sheet. I ducked into another aisle. It was a good thing that I did because it was at that instant that Kathrine saw Leo and ran up to him. I could only hear her size 7 wedges skitter across the linoleum floor. I removed some items that were blocking my view of the two of them.

"Hey boo, what are you doing here?" she asked him.

"Just picking up some stuff for my mom" he lied.

"Oh that's so sweet of you. Maybe when we're married, you can do this sort of thing for me" she suggested. Leo smiled nervously.

"Oh, if only he could" I thought to myself.

"Hey, I have an idea. How about we drop this stuff off at your house and we can go somewhere quite" she asked him. I let out a groan. "What was that?" she asked. I covered my mouth.

"Must have been my stomach" he came up with a lame excuse.

"Oh you poor baby", she said. I thought I would throw up.

"Well, let's go back to your place and I'll show you a little TLC" she offered as she inched closer and closer to his face. I don't know what came over me, but for some reason with out thinking, I pushed the row of cracker boxes on the top shelf and it fell on hit her on her head. "Ouch!" she yelped. Leo looked in my direction and I ducked down before he could see me. I slowly returned to original position of watching through hole I had made. "That was weird" she said rubbing her head.

"Little miss fish lips" I muttered as I watched."I doubt that she knows that his place is my place, and I'm not letting her get past the street it's on". Leo looked like he was at the end of his rope. I had to do something and I couldn't just stand there and watch anymore. From where I was standing, it was as if a lion was attacking a lamb. I left my hiding spot and reviled myself. I tried to play it cool and look like I was shopping for candy or something. I saw the look on Leo's face and his eyes went a little wide. Kathrine turned and saw me. I tried not to meet her gaze. I tried not to let her know that I had heard every advance she made. Not that it was any of my business. It was her boyfriend after all. Then again, he was my fiancé. How can I not react? Just then Kathrine's phone began to ring.

"Hello" she said. "No I'm not doing anything" she replied to what I'm guessing was one of her co-hearts. "Yeah I'm there" she said just before she clicked her be-dazzled phone shut. "Sorry babe, I have to take a rain check" she told him.

"Did one of your gal pals call" he asked

"Sure" she said and turned to walk away. She must have been in a hurry because she didn't even look twice at me when she went past. I looked over at Leo and saw the expression on his face. He looked relived yet rejected.

"psssst" I hissed from down the aisle. Leo looked over towards me. "Is she gone?" he asked me. I looked after her. I nodded.

"That was a close one" I pointed out not trying to let him know that I had seen the whole thing. "We should get back to the condo" I told him.

"Yeah okay" he said. Leo and I proceeded to the exit and then the parking lot. On the way back, it was silent. I wanted desperately to break it, but couldn't think of anything to say that wouldn't give away the fact that I was spying from the next aisle. When we got back to the condo, Leo plopped on the couch. He sat there with out saying a word. I just watched him. Not being able to take it anymore I opened the bag of gold fish crackers and started throwing them at him.

"What are you doing" he asked finally speaking.

"Throwing gold fish at your head" I answered.

"Why may I ask" he looked at me confused.

"Because, you have been staring at that blank TV for 30 minuets. I can't take it anymore. Face it Leo. No matter what you do, unless you get the remote, that TV isn't going to do anything" I said jokingly. He didn't laugh though. "Come on Leo, you know what I do, when I need a boost of happiness" I asked but didn't get a reply. "It starts with a G and ends with a lee" I said

"Oh no way" he finally chimed in. he tried to stand up, but I quickly ran to the couch and sat on him as I turned on the TV.

"Absorb the Glee", I told him. "Come to the Glee side" I said as I laughed and he did the same.

"So how was the show" he asked me. I gave him a confused a look. "I know you were watching me and Kat back at the store" he told me. I looked away from him and turned my attention to the TV.

"I'm sure that I don't know what you're talking about" I denied. The two of us laughed. It was the first time since this whole thing started. It felt nice. I would even go so far to say that I enjoyed it more than that.