It Gets Better

Leo's POV

I had a great night with her. We had dinner and got to know each other better. She really has a side that I have never seen before. I did have a great night with her, so why am I so angry with myself about it. I know why. I shouldn't feel like this about her. I can't get married like this. These kinds of things only happen in the movies. Guy meets girl. Guy and Girl are total strangers and within a short amount of time they live happily ever after? No way was that really happening. Not to me. I'm not supposed to feel this way about her. Is it wrong that I felt intimate with her even with out being intimate? I had never had a conversation with Kat like that. I can't do this. I can't fall for her when I already have this whole other life. I was fine before all of this started and I would be fine if all just went away. Just then I heard my phone go off. It was a text from Kat.

K: Hey let's ditch school and go to the beach.

I looked at the clock and saw that it was 5:30 in the morning. I still had at least an hour before Nikkie woke up. I looked at her.

Me: Yeah I'm in. pick you up in 30.

I got dressed and walked out the door. It was the strangest thing. Even if I was walking down the hallway, I knew what I was doing was wrong. I tried not to pay attention. Even when I got to where I was going. When I was spending my day with Kat, it was like she was giving me more and more reasons why I should be with Nikkie. She was planted in the back of my mind all day. I don't think Kat noticed though. She was too busy being tied to her cell phone. As I sat on the beach and watched Kat, I came to the realization. Even if I do break up with Kat, it only leaves me free to do something I was scared to death to do: Love Nikkie. It had only been about a month since I knew her. I mean really knew her. For the past three years of high school, she was just "That girl that my girlfriend hated", but now she was my fiancé. In the time we had spent together in that condo, I saw how smart, cute and real she is. I know for a fact that if Kat finds out, she'll go strait for Nikkie. So for now, I have to stay with Kat. I have to keep her away from Nikkie because I loved her, but could never let her or anyone else know.

I got home and nobody was there. I sat down and just sat there in my own self pity or "Crying in my milk" as my father would say. I noticed that Nikkie left Glee season 1 box set on the DVD player. I started watching it and noticed that it really wasn't that bad. Any show that knows there way around a Bon Jovi song can't be all bad.  It wasn't long after my first episode that I heard foot steps coming from down the hall. I quickly turned the TV off along with the DVD player before Nikkie came in. She came inside and the look in her eyes was both angry and concerned. I only glanced at her looked back towards the blank TV screen. We argued after that. I was frustrated and I took it out on her. I knew I was hurting her and I said things I didn't want to or mean to.

"Why are you saying this to me? Why now" she asked me. Her voice was choked. "You can say that you have a lot going for you like graduation and college and all the other stuff, but you better not be telling me that it devastates you that there is someone other than Kathrine McDowell that you may care for" She pointed out. I knew there was truth to what she said. She practically read my mind. I was just using school and my age as a cover up. I started walking towards the door, but she grabbed my arm and pulled me back. "NO!" she shouted at me. "This time, I'm the one who gets to walk out. I'm the one who leaves you wondering" she said as she made her way towards the door.

"So what now? Are you going to run to your boyfriend, Ben's, house" I shouted after her. She didn't say anything. "Why did I say that" I thought to myself. "Stupid Ben" I said. I pushed the stack of magazines off the coffee table and went to my room. My head was spinning. If I loved her so much, how could I hurt her like that? It was because I was an idiot. I was an idiot who, for some odd reason pushed his fiancé to another guy. I might as well have left her on Ben's door step with a note that said "She's all yours". I couldn't stay there. I went to my cell and called PJ. "Aye man, you doing anything" I asked him. "Let's go work out" I told him.