Book One: Second Chance

By SoaringSpirit

Amethyst was kidnapped the night before her fifteenth birthday, since that night till after her eighteenth bi... More

Book One: Second Chance
Prologue
Chapter One: The Special Six
Chapter Two: Pick and Choose
Chapter Three: Submission
Chapter Four: Embarrassment
Chapter Five: Tough Life
Chapter Six: Unknown Pack
Chapter Seven: Rescued
Chapter Eight: Sweat and Blood
Chapter Nine: First Kill
Chapter Ten: Damage Control Stage
Chapter Eleven: Check Up
Chapter Twelve: Meeting Other Ex-Prisoners
Chapter Thirteen: Play Time
Chapter Fourteen: Sweet News
Chapter Fifteen: Sympathy
Chapter Sixteen: The Run Home
Chapter Seventeen: Reunion and Confusion
Chapter Eighteen: So Much Hatred
Chapter Nineteen: New Friends and Old Ones
Chapter Twenty: The Stars
Chapter Twenty-One: A New Home
Chapter Twenty-Two: Fixing One Wrong
Chapter Twenty-Four: Congratulations are in Order
Chapter Twenty-Five: Impatience
Chapter Twenty-Six: Tale of a Survivor
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Welcome to the Pack
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Deal Making
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Goodbyes
Chapter Thirty: A Really Good Game
**Author's Note** (Novella's)
**Author's Note** (Book Two)
Bonus Story: Tessa's First Night with Quinn

Chapter Twenty-Three: Loud Music plus Drinks

255 13 0
By SoaringSpirit

Walking through the last row of buildings flashing lights hit my eyes causing me to squint as my eyes adjust to the sudden onslaught. The loud music could be heard from our house, but gradually increased in volume as we got nearer, now it feels like I’m standing inside the speaker system while it’s on fall volume.

I not quite sure what the song that playing is, all I know is that it has a fast beet that has everyone in the centre of the yard jumping up and down, one arm in the air, the other holding a drink. Large smiles adorn everyone’s faces as they let their worries ease for one night.

My brother and Claude wonder off over to the tables lined with food, but they pass those as they go to the eski’s helping themselves to a bottle of beer. Then they move over to one of the many fire pits littering the outside of the yard sitting down on a large log that had been dragged over as seating.

Tessa looks around her eyes full of awe as she takes everything in, she looks at me with a large smile on her face then hooks her arm through mine starting to walk over to the table of food. I reach back and latch onto Tommy’s arm pulling him along with us; he meets my eyes and smiles slightly trying to hide his disappointment that his brother won’t be here because he’s on patrol.

Instead of stopping at the food table Tessa by passes it like Noah and Claude did and heads over to the eski’s, lifting the lid on one she pulls out three bottle of beer, handing me one then one to Tommy who looks uncertain.

“Come on, have a good time.” She smiles, completely forgetting everything that’s happened in the past.

“I don’t know.” Tommy says glancing at the glass.

I bump my shoulder with his. “Come on just one.” I hold up a finger with an innocent smile.

He looks at me then Tessa heaves a sigh and opens the bottle. “Why not.”

I grin as I open my bottle, tipping it back and taking a swallow. I scrunch my nose up at the taste, looking over at Tessa and she does the same thing. Catching my gaze we both crack up laughing, Tommy looks between us like he’s missed a joke but shrugs it off with another swallow.

I follow suit.

After an hour of standing on the side lines drinking and talking Tessa and I decide that it looks more fun to join in with the crowd who are ‘dancing’ along with the music. So we manoeuvre our way into the crowd, the music changes to one that we were listening to on the radio today.

Joining in with everyone else, we give a cheer at the song then start jumping up and down, one arm in the air as we let the music take over our movements, becoming in sync with the beat and everyone around us.

I peer through the crowd to catch sight of my brother and Claude still sitting on the log, but as I watch I notice them slowly leaning toward each other, until their faces are inches apart. They hesitate for a second before closing the distance completely. Now there faces are in shadows but I can tell what they are doing.

I focus my attention back on Tessa as she closes her eyes briefly allowing the music to wash over her, taking away all her worries. When she opens them she gives me a warm smile then has another swallow of her drink. I look down at my empty bottle and shake my head, needing to get a new one.

Tommy appears next to us, three new bottles in hand as he smiles a knowing look in his eyes. I grin and take one from him doing what everyone else seem to be doing with their empty ones.

Throw it away.

Opening the new one I take a couple of swallows still jumping to the music, Tommy starts to too as the music gets to him. I notice that he starts to relax as he allows the music to sooth him. The song changes to one I’ve never heard of but still has a good beat to it so we continue dancing just like everyone else.

I peer through the crowd at my brother again just as he stands up pulling Claude up with him by the joined hands and walking off towards the woods. But my mind doesn’t really care about them, I’m too busy enjoying my …. Whatever number this bottle of beer is and the music that’s currently thrumming through my veins.

I take another swallow of the drink not being able to taste it anymore, but still loving the buzz it gives me. I raise both arms in the air as the song changes to one I know, letting out a loud cheer along with the other dances I start dancing to this song, singing the lyrics with others. The words coming out slurred.

Ooh. Would you please shut up! Some of us like our sleep. My wolf grumbles as she raises her head annoyed at me.

No, I just want to let loose. I hum back at her.

Yeah, loose your mind. She mutters as she rolls her eyes.

Maybe you should let loose sometime. I laugh as the music continues to thrum through my veins.

Maybe I should. She mumbles. Standing up in a crouch position, readying to strike.

Wait! I shriek.

But it’s too late; she lunges forward taking control of half of my actions. But instead of doing something that would get us both in trouble she howls in joy as she allows the music to sooth her. Shaking her coat out she nods her large head to the music.

This better? She questions after a moment.

I smile for real. Yes it is.

Zoning back into my friends I laugh as Tessa shrieks, turning around in Drew’s arms giving him an evil glare before allowing herself to relax. Drew looks over to me and nods his head colour finally filling his features; I nod my head in return as I lift my bottle up for another drink.

But someone wraps their arm around my waist snatching the bottle from my hand with the other. “My turn.” Nate’s voice sounds in my ear.

I turn my head slightly to look behind me, coming face to face with Nate’s as he smirks at me having a guzzle of my beer. He hands the bottle back to me once he’s done, letting that arm slip around my waist too.

“Didn’t realise we were going to have company.” I mutter as I continue to dance.

“Came down to see what was happenin’ saw you guys and decided to come over.” Nate replied as he holds me closer.

“Please tell me you’ve been drinking and that’s why your acting the way you are at the moment?” I hum as I lean my head on his shoulder not really caring about much.

“Been drinking since before the party started.” Nate mumbles leaning his chin on my shoulder.

“Good.” I whisper.

“Partyin’ without me I see.” Trick says as he appears next to Tommy.

“Naah man, just found some ladies to dance with.” Drew says as he looks over at Nate and I.

“I see.” Trick murmurs as he has a drink of his own beer, handing Nate and Drew each one of their own.

Nate chuckles behind me, brushing his lips over the side of my neck. “See if I was sober I wouldn’t be doing this, I’d never allow myself to get close.” He gives a sloppy kiss just under my ear and I gasp.

Nate chuckles.

“Nate what are you doing?” Trick asks as he watches us.

“Nothin’” Nate replies moving his head away from my neck.

“Right.” Trick smirks knowing exactly what was happening.

I feel myself blush as I look down at Nate’s arms circled around my waist, I know I should pull away that it’s not right but I feel safe here. Like nothing will ever be able to hurt me, but then again that could be the alcohol speaking.

Taking another swallow of my drink I empty yet another bottle, throwing it over my shoulder I lean my head back against Nate’s shoulder allowing him to comfort me as we sway to the music. Listening to the conversations going on through our group and those around us but neither of us contributing to them.

Nate hands his bottle to me, I have a quick swallow then hand it back. The music changes everyone continues dancing guys losing their shirts as they lose themselves to the music further, girls grind themselves against their mates or others as they to get wrapped up in the music.

What a great night; I think to myself as Nate rests his chin on my shoulder again.

                                                                            *  *  *  * 

So that's chapter 23. Hope you enjoyed it.

Pease show me our support in the forms of VOTES and/or COMMENTS and don't forget to FAN :)

I'm not sure what I should put as a question for this chapter, but you have a question for me about anything don't hesitate to ask. :)

Please enjoy your day or whateva.

At the moment for me its blowing a gale and raining :)

SoaringSpirit :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 60.5K 200
I'm a new grad human in huge debt, and cheated by my Omega boyfriend. When I got wasted in a bar, I didn't expect to have the best sex ever. And the...
7.2M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
11.4M 296K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
299K 6.4K 37
Sheltered shifter Celeste runs away after disappointing her parents with another failure to secure a worthy mate bond, but she accidentally stumbles...