Procrastinators on Camera (Da...

By EmmaChameleon

(Book 2 of the Procrastinators Series, set in January 2014) It's New Year's Eve, 2013, and Mia Roberts has re... More

Part 1- Lost
Part 3- What
Part 4- The Past, the Present and the Chewing Gum
Part 5- Hatred and Tears
Part 6- Second Chances?
Part 7- Alohamora
Part 8- I Play Matchmaker
Part 9- An Army is Needed Against the Phandom
Part 10- The Official Announcement
Part 11-The Response and the Aftermath
Part 12- Arriving On Set
Part 13- 'Quiet on Set!'
Part 14- Bone Crushing Guilt
Part 15- Bruised Heads, Burnt Fingers and Hungry Stomachs
Part 16- Internet Catch Ups
Part 17- Peeping Dan
Part 18- Familiars and Memories
Part 19- Link and Zelda
Part 20- Love
Part 21- How to Refuse a Shopping Trip
Part 22- A Gift From Friends
Part 23- The Art of Takeaway Pizza
Part 24- Breakfast Bar Conversations
Part 25- Sabotage
Part 26- Brothers
Part 27- Our New OTP
Part 28- Blindfolded Hair Styling
Part 29- Operatives Roberts and Howell
Part 30- The Failure That Is Our Lives
Part 31- Learning Some Truths
Part 32- Plans
Part 33- How (Not) To Appear Normal In Public
Part 34- "See You Soon"
Part 35- Video Making
Part 36- An Understated Surprise
Part 37- Acidic Social Exclusion
Part 38- Jealousy
Part 39- Tears, Tantrums and Train Rides
Part 40- Nic's Truth
Part 41- What Is My Life?
Part 42- Mark and Ethan
Part 43- Hope and Doubt Skip Hand-in-Hand
Part 44- The Day
Part 45- Found
~Epilogue~
(Announcement about Book 4 of the Procrastinators Series)

Part 2- Reunited with an Old Home

16K 422 192
By EmmaChameleon

At the sight of Dan and Phil's door to their flat, I let out a content sigh. I was relieved to finally be here after my long journey, even if it meant that I had to immediately get ready for the YouTuber New Year's party that we were going to. Dan and Phil had gone last year, which gave them more experience that I, but they were still fairly new to it.

"Oh, I've missed this place," I sighed as Dan led me up one of the many sets of stairs that they had in their apartment. Dan chuckled at my comment and opened the door to his room, stepping inside quickly to drop down my bag (which he'd offered to carry).

I'd stayed in Dan and Phil's apartment once before, when I'd been allowed to stay in London a little longer and I didn't have a hotel to stay in, but last time, I had stayed in their office, where they had a sofa bed. This time, I was staying in Dan's room, with Dan. Frankly, the thought of it made me very nervous. I'm not the best person at being in close proximities to people. I like to have my own space where I can relax. But, Dan was one of the very few people I knew who I was now almost completely relaxed around, so I hoped that that would change my perception of the situation.

"How long have we got?" I asked as Dan set my bag down at the end of his bed.

He straightened up and ran a hand through his hair whilst checking his phone clock with the other hand. "About an hour," he told me, slipping his phone back into his jeans.

"Do you mind if I start getting ready now? Then I can just relax before we leave," I edged towards my bag and set my hand down on it. The New Year's party was a big thing amongst British YouTubers, and this was my first time going, so I wanted to look good. I might have wanted to impress Dan too, like anyone in my position would have; Dan Howell or regular boyfriend.

"Sure," Dan smiled. "You know where everything is, yeah?"

"Of course," I grinned back at him. "It's really good to see you."

"I'm glad to see you too, Quartz," Dan chuckled, giving me a light kiss before stepping off towards the door. He gave the gift of a small smile before he shut the door between us, leaving me to get ready.

I sighed contently as I leant on one leg and looked down at my bag. Inside was one of the very few dresses I owned, and had purchased with the aid of my best friend Nic. I may not love dresses, but I was ready to try wearing a dress for once. It was hopefully only going to be a onetime thing of wearing a dress, but I could only hope.

I chewed on my lips as I scavenged in my bag for everything I'd need to get ready. As I'd spent the last five hours travelling, I wanted to shower before I got into my new dress. Therefore, I might as well change in the bathroom.

Soon enough, my raspberry shower gel's smell had filled the bathroom and I was changing into my dress. I stepped into the fabric and tied up the back of the dress, looking at myself in the mirror. The dress was dark purple with silver stitching on the hem of the skirt. It was a strapless bodice which flowed down to a knee length circle-skirt. There was dark grey mesh like sleeves to the dress too, almost like a long-sleeved mesh t-shirt underneath it. It was perfectly simple, and I cherished that aspect of the dress, I will admit.

I fastened back parts of my hair which were closest to my face and then put my silver Deathly Hallows necklace around my neck, followed by a select few of my regular bracelets. I put my contact lenses onto my eyes, then painting my eyelids with a little grey eye shadow on my lids before applying my regular amounts of eyeliner, mascara and my new pale lipstick over my thin base of foundation.

I pulled on my tan coloured tights, my black converse and a black leather jacket which used to be Nic's before she gave it to me permanently recently. I slipped my glasses case into the inside pocket of my jacket, just in case I needed them. I knew that my contact lenses sometimes irritated my eyes, depending on what sort of day I was having, so I always kept my glasses on me in case that happened. I gathered up my belongings and headed back towards Dan's room.

I knocked on the door, to check if he was in there or not. I was a visitor in his household, after all.

"Yep, come in, Mia," Dan called from the other side of the door. My heart pounded as I eased the door open and slipped inside, fighting to stop myself from chewing at my lipstick covered lips from nerves. I kept my gaze on the door as I shut it behind me with a soft click.

I dropped my hand from the door and turned around slowly to see Dan.

He was in front of his full-length mirror, buttoning up a white shirt with a pattern of small grey insects on it. His eyes were practically crossed in concentration as he dressed himself, and he looked quite adorable in doing so. He saw me watching me in the reflection of the mirror and grinned at me. I really wanted to go over to him and wrap my arms around his waist from behind, but he turned before I could do such a thing

He turned to me and I could see the back of his neck redden in the mirror. "You look beautiful, Mia."

My stomach dropped and my heart rate sped up as I blushed. "You're looking handsome," I commented, knocking my gaze to my converse. I heard him moving over to me. He reached for my chin and lifted my head so that I was looking straight into his face.

His hair was restyled, slightly messier, and I was overwhelmed by his eyes, after I hadn't seen them up close in so long. They were dark with a lighter brown ring around his pupils. He grinned at me, allowing his dimples to appear. I followed my reflex to smile back at him as we kissed for a moment.

Whenever I've kissed Dan, I've always experienced sparks of electricity building up in my mouth and then bouncing inside me, followed by my heart melting and my stomach dropping to my ankles. This time was no different.

We pulled apart and I blushed again (seriously, I never stop blushing. It's something to do with my pale skin tone). Dan dropped his hand from my chin and locked his fingers with mine. "Do you need to bring anything with you?" he asked, as we swung our hands slightly.

"Just my phone," I said, reaching into the pocket of the jeans I'd just taken off and transferring my phone into my jacket pocket. Dan went and picked up a black jacket of his which was hanging over the back of his chair. He dropped my hand for a second to put it on, but he took my hand again as soon as the jacket was on his shoulders, making my fingers tingle pleasantly as he squeezed my fingers between his.

We went into the lounge to find Phil waiting for us. Unsurprisingly, he was playing an iPhone game. He was wearing his black jeans and a dark grey jacket over a blue shirt. He looked up when we walked in and smiled. "Are other YouTubers going to find out about Quartzisnotonfire tonight?" he asked, rising up from the sofa and pocketing his phone fluently.

"I guess so. I haven't told my subscribers yet," Dan shrugged. He looked down at me. "Have you told anybody?"

"The only people that know are us, Nic, Mathew, Peej, Chris, Erin and my friend Lucy, you know, the fan with the orange beanie. She swore on her internet connection to keep it a secret," I replied. "Apparently she ships us." Dan and Phil chuckled.

"Lucy was the one you were talking to when we were outside the radio show when we went, wasn't she?" Phil asked as he picked up the house keys.

"Yeah, that's her," I nodded. "We're going to meet up tomorrow at the National History Museum."

"I remember you mentioning that," Dan smiled. "Oh, and remember that Chris will probably grab you right away and take you over to Carrie and Charlie, when we get there."

I groaned. "How could I forget! It's not as if I've watched them all for years or anything. And it's not like one of them is in my favourite band of all time either. Or that both of them is one of the most traditional and well known British vloggers ever."

"You get insanely sarcastic when you're nervous, don't you?" Phil teased as we made our way towards the stairs.

"That makes two of us," Dan commented as he brushed his fingers with mine for reassurance. What would I do without him?

.-~*'¨¯¨'*·~-.¸—,.-~*'¨¯¨'*·~-.¸,.-~*'¨¯¨'*·~-.¸—,.-~*'¨¯¨'*·~-.¸.-~*'¨¯¨'*·~-.¸—,.-~*'¨¯¨'*·~-.¸.-~*'¨¯¨'*·~-.¸—,.-~*'¨

Hi there :) I found out that I'm actually going on holiday in the very early hours of tomorrow morning *cue frenzied and panicked bag packing sequence* so I thought that before I left, I should upload one more part. It's more of a filler part, but it's needed, I feel. I am taking my laptop with me to write more of this, but I won't have internet (I checked to see if there was Wi-Fi. There isn't) Which means I'm missing Dan and Phil's radio show! Again! :'( *sigh*

I hope you like this and also, welcome to the new story I guess :)

Thanks as always for reading. Comments & votes (and basically just reading any of my work) is widely appreciated :)

Em >^-^<

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 49 8
Just a collection of the short stories I write about YouTubers. I just want to specify that 1) If anything bad happens to them, I don't really want i...
65.5K 2.6K 33
-Kickthepj x reader- First off, you're a girl. You're 25 years old. You have a lot of secrets. First secret, you're ArrowTheGeek. A successful YouTu...
18.5K 314 58
Info: - You're a 25 year old, female youtuber. Practically born into the YouTube community with your older brother being Phil Lester (30 yrs old). Yo...
169K 5K 41
(Book 3 of the Procrastinators Series, set in September 2014 -but can be read independently from the series-) "Relationships end. Relationships end i...