My Ghetto Love

By bebigehl

when the good girl falls for the hood boy More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
The End Part 2
The End Part 3
EPILOGUE
addressing some comments

The End Part 1

6.1K 157 280
By bebigehl

'On the charge of the attempted murder how do you, the jury, find the defendant?'

'Guilty.'

'On the charge of Actual Bodily Harm how do you, the jury, find the defendant?'

'Guilty.'

'Kalim Hayes, you have been found guilty of attempted murder and ABH. Due to the severity of the crimes, and lack of remorse shown throughout these court proceedings, I have no choice but to sentence you to 15 years imprisonment.' The gavel bangs and Kalim is taken down from the docks.

Throughout the court, there were tears of relief. After 3 long months, justice was finally served.

'When he comes out, I'm still gonna dead him.' Jayden rants to his older brother.

'It's done Jayden. Prison will fuck him up.' Jay calms down his angry little brother. Jayden was pleased Jay had prevented him going after Kalim, and had instead let the police do their job for once.

'He's an evil little boy.' Their mother shakes her head as they leave the court. 'Evil.'

**

'How you feeling?' He leaned down to kiss my forehead.

'Fine.' I sigh. I was tired of being in here now. And it had only been a week, how was I supposed to last a month here. My baby was due soon, in about 3 weeks. I was excited but scared.

They had left me go after New Years, but due to me losing a lot of blood they said I'd have to come back a month before my due date. They were worried about me possibly miscarrying, or complications at the birth so I had to 'rest' in hospital until the birth.

'Kalim got 15 years.' Jayden says sitting down.

'That's so good.' I smile, tearing up a bit.

'Have you been crying today?' Jayden frowns at me. I nod a little bit.

'I miss Dontae.' I whisper. Jayden sighs, getting up to hug me.

'He'll soon come around, I promise.' After that night, Dontae was treated and after 2 weeks, he was released. Thank God his injuries weren't life-threatening. But, last week when he was visiting me he had a seizure and collapsed.

They said he had a small bleed on his brain, so they operated on him and he'd been in a coma ever since, they said they could only tell if surgery had been successful when he woke up. I was so scared, the baby was due soon and if Dontae didn't wake up, I honestly didn't know what I'd do.

'It's been a whole week tho.. Can we go and seem him?'

'Look at your fat bump, you ain't meant to be up and about.'

'Please, I'll even go in the wheelchair.' He nods, helping me into the wheelchair then we left.

After 10 minutes we finally located his floor and room. A nurse was checking him over when we entered.

'How is he?' I ask hopefully.

'No change I'm afraid babe.' She gives me a sympathetic smile. She eventually leaves. Jayden wheels me right beside his bed and I take his hand in mine. It was all cold.

He looked so peaceful, like he was sleeping.

'I miss you Tae, wake up soon. Pea is coming in 3 weeks.' I say quietly, holding his hand to my face. I take his hand, placing it on my belly. 'Pea, say hi to your daddy.' As if he had heard me, the baby started to kick.

'Is he kicking?' Jayden asks growing excited. It excited him yet disgusted him at the same time. I nod and he runs over to me, feeling my belly also. 'Mad up. I'm your peng uncle.' I chuckle and shake my head.

As I was holding Dontae's hand, I felt his fingers twitch. I look up to his face but his eyes remained closed.

'His fingers are moving Jayden.'

'Swear? I'll go get the doctor.' Jayden rushes out the room. This time, Dontae's finger wrapped around my pinky.

'Tae?' I say with teary eyes. His machines start beeping as his eyes slowly open.

'Jay.' He croaks, a tiny smile appearing.

'Hi.' I smile. Then a couple doctors rushed in. I was wheeled away whilst they checked over him, gave him water and etc.

20 minutes later, he was back from his scans and I was allowed to see him again.

'Rah. Your bellys grown in a week. When you due?' He asks rubbing my stomach.

'In like 3 weeks.'

'They said I'm calm now. My brain ain't bleeding no more.' I had to giggle at the way he had worded it but relief wasn't even the word. I was so much happier now he was awake.

'That's good. I missed you.' I sigh.

'I know, don't worry. I'm here for you and Pea.' He gives me his sexy smile.

**

'Jayda, push innit.' Dontae instructs.

'I'm fucking pushing you prick!' I scream as a sheet of sweat resided on my forehead. My baby hairs were stuck to my forehead, and I felt like I was dying yet he was telling me to push?

'Sorry.' He responds immediately. I scream once more as the nurse shouts push.

'No I can't do it.' I breathe out heavily, slumping on the bed. 'Lets reschedule.'

'Jayda, it's okay. You can do this. You're almost there.' My mum says encouraging me.

'I can't.' I whine, nearly crying. 'I swear I'm never having sex again.'

'Fine by me.' My mum mutters.

'Come on Jayda, you're doing great. Just 2 more pushes, you can do it.'

'Hold my hand.' I call out to Dontae. He rushes to my side, then cautiously halters.

'You sure this time?' I had previously hit him when he tried to hold my hand. I give him a look and he grabs my hand.

'Push!' The nurse instructs. I push, groaning and all sorts. I wish I had taken the epidural now. I had heard you can poo yourself when you take it so I didn't. I was regretting that now.

'I can see the head. One more big push and you're there Jayda.'

'Swear?' Donate goes to look, and returns with the most disgusted look on his face. He looked like he was gonna be sick.

'Don't look at my baby like that. Next time don't have sex with me.' I say through gritted teeth.

'Jayda. Language.' My mum warns. I bit my tongue as I was about to tell her to shut up.

'And push!' I scream out, squeezing Dontae's hand as I gave it my all.

April 11th; 02.49am.
After 7 hours in labour Isaiah King Taylor was born.
Weighing 7lbs.

'You look sexy uno.' Dontae says staring at me.

'Don't take the piss.' I mutter sleepily. He chuckles, rocking slowly as he held Isaiah.

'I'm not. You look beautiful man. Well done.' He reaches down to kiss my forehead. I smile softly. After cooing over him, all my family and Dontae's family had left. They filled up the whole family waiting room. So many of us, and that was only immediate family.

'He's fucking cute man.' Dontae says staring at Isaiah in awe. It was so cute to watch him as he held him. 'Do you wanna hold him?'

'I'm too tired. Maybe tomorrow.' I respond quickly. He eyes me for a bit before nodding. I know what he was thinking. I hadn't held him yet, except the brief moment when he was placed on my chest after I'd given birth. Truth was, I was too scared.

Everyone apparently got that instant motherly love or connection when they gave birth and I hadn't got it yet. That immediate instinct, that unexplainable love you only experience with your child. What if I held him and didn't feel that? How could I be a mum if I didn't feel that?

Dontae slowly placed Isaiah in his cot and kissed his forehead.

'I'm gonna go home and shower and that. I'll be back soon, yeah?' He comes to me.

'What if he wakes up? I can't get up.'

'Press the buzzer innit and a nurse will come. He's asleep tho.' I nod.

'What time will you be back?'

'It's 5am now, so latest 1?'

'Okay, love you.' I smile at him.

'Lose you too mummy.' He grins, giving me a kiss before leaving.

I managed to sleep for 2 hours before I hear Isaiah squirming. I slowly got out the bed, lemme not even mention the pain I was still in. I walked over to his cot and looked down at him.

He was cute. Very very cute. His skin was still pale, but was a light golden colour. His eyes were big, and he had taken Dontae's hazel eyes. His head had a few wefts of curly hair. I would've expected it to be black but it was almost a blond colour. He was so tiny. His tiny legs were kicking and his tiny hands were balled up into fists. I could stare at him for years.

A nurse entered the room.

'Hey, just checking up.' She gave me a smile. 'He is adorable.' She coos as she peeks into the cot. I give her a warm smile before slowly hobbling back to bed. 'Do you wanna hold him?' She asks after checking him over. I immediately shake my head.

I assumed she had dealt with a lot of teenage pregnancies because she looked at me sympathetically.

'Do you feel a little bit scared?' She asks softly. I nod.

'Like what if I hold him and don't love him like I'm supposed to? How can I be a mum?'

'That wouldn't be your fault. That's what we call post-natal Depression. You may feel a little down after giving birth, but that will soon go. Just hold him, you might be surprised at what you feel.' She smiles before leaving the room.

I ponder on what she said before walking back over to him. After a few minutes of staring at him, his gurgles turned into crying. Immediately, I reached down and gently picked him up. As I looked down at him as his he cried, his little face scrunched up I smiled.

I felt a feeling wash through me.

Like I made this little thing? I actually pushed him out of me?

I began to rock him as I made 'shush' noises. Soon, his cries stopped and his eyes closed. I laughed at my stupidity of being too scared to hold him. Just holding him, I already felt a love forming. I couldn't explain it.

I carefully got back into my bed, still holding him. Sitting up, I watched him as he slept, making little noises in his sleep. I watched him for a good couple hours until my eyes were drooping. Luckily, a nurse came to check up on us and after feeding him, placed him in his cot, telling me to sleep whilst I could.

**

'Isaiah, stop crying.' I tut at his fake crying. Making the most noise but where were the tears?

When he saw me, he instantly stopped and starting smiling with his gums.

'Hey pretty boy.' I coo, kissing his chubby cheeks. He giggles and squirms. 4 months had already flown by and he was getting so big.

It had been pure stress, let me not lie but my parents had been so supportive. Especially the first month, they basically looked after Isaiah to allow me to revise for my AS levels. Which I hopefully passed.

I had also gotten a job, it was only twice a week. Working in Sainsburys. I couldn't rely on my parents or Dontae for money every time I needed something. I wanted to be able to provide for my own child.

I was also saving up to move out. I really appreciated my parents support and everything but I felt like I needed my own space. Like, I can't live here with my son forever. It was early days tho.

I had spent my 17th birthday with my family. We all went out for a family dinner, it was cute. It was already the start of August and my parents had gone on holiday for 3 weeks. I was so upset when they announced they were leaving. Having Isaiah had brought me even closer to them.

Jayden had finally settled down with a pretty brownskin girl, Leshae. Jay and Sammie had gotten married as well, in July. It was such a peng wedding. I think they had just gotten back from honeymoon and Sammie was pregnant. They were cute.

'Should we go bath? All your aunties want to see you today.' I say as I lift Isaiah in the air. He squeals and giggles. I was going to Keiara's for a friends and family barbecue later. It was already 2pm, I had literally lazed around with Isaiah since morning.

We were both ready by 5pm. I combed out his curls softly. They kept growing. They were a cute blond, gold, brownish colour. Just a little bit darker than his skin colour. He looked like a mixture of Dontae and Jayden so much, it wasn't even a joke. Hopefully he got my intelligence tho, since he didn't seem to resemble me at all. Just before we were about to leave, Dontae calls me.

'Are you on your way yet?' He asks.

'We're about to leave.' I answer as I finished packing the baby bag.

'It starts at 5 I swear. Why you late? Anyway, wait for me I'll whizz round to yours and drop yous.' Yes, he was driving now and had his own car. The car was all legal, I'm not too sure about the driving tho or if he had actually passed his practical.

'Alright, hurry up tho.' I sigh.

'Calm, tell IK wagwan from me.'

'No.' I tut before hanging up. Always speaking like Isaiah was one of his roadmen, even giving him the tag IK.

15 minutes later I heard his horn beeping. I push the buggy outside, making sure to lock up since Jayden wasn't home. Dontae exited the car, helping take out the adjustable baby car seat from the buggy, folding the rest and putting it in the boot.

'What you telling me lil man?' He kisses Isaiahs cheeks before climbing in the drivers seat. I climb into the passenger after strapping Isaiah in. 'You look nice.' Dontae compliments me before setting off.

'Thank you.' I smile. I tried today, doing small small highlight and contour, fleeky eyebrows, straightened hair and I was wearing a cute maxi dress with a floral kimono. The weather was banging today.

Isaiah was in cute dungarees with little sandals.

'I'm coming yours tonight, auntie Janet wants Isaiah.'

'You should've told me, I haven't packed all his night stuff.'

'I've got some at mine, don't worry.' I nod and watch him as he drives. He looks so attractive when he drives. I plug my phone into the aux, playing Jay Silva and Big Tobz.

'Are you gonna ride for me? Are you gonna die for me? Bonnie and Clyde for me, push it in drive for me. See me now, money in the bank and I'm feeling good.' I sang along.

We reached Keiara's about 20 minutes later. The car drive was full of Dontae making innuendos of what's supposedly gonna go down tonight between us and me ignoring him.

When we entered the garden, we looked like a tumblr, underage family. I had already said hi to Keiara's family inside. Who had all swooned for Isaiah.

'Ahh! My son!' Nia screeches, racing over to me. She bends down to coo at Isaiah in his buggy. I said hi to everyone, it was like a secondary school linkup.

'Say swear. Mother Jayda and that.'

'Ade!' I say hugging him. I had missed his annoying ways.

'What you saying? No love for me nah?' Devarni opens his arms. I give him a hug too.

'Aw, I've missed you guys man.'

'Ahhhhhh lemme hold him please.' Aliyah races over to me. I laugh.

'Hi, nice to see you too.' I take Isaiah out of his buggy, and Aliyah snatched him away.

'Hi Isaiah!' She coos. I said hi to everyone else, Keiara, Jayden, Leshae, Krystal, Marcel, Princess, Jordan, Corahn, Kieran etc.

'Can we link up regularly pls? Always neglecting me for Isaiah and dat. I'm meant to be your best friend uno.' He tuts. Yep, he was still the same Corey.

'But, he's my son?' I shake my head, not even bothering to argue with this idiot. Some music was playing and I had got myself a big plate of food. Chicken wings, sausage, potato salad, salad, rice and coleslaw, also a burger. Isaiah was being fed by Keiara's mum, who was in love with him.

At around 9, I was getting ready to leave. Us girls had just had a really nice chat.

'I'm so proud of you tho Jayda. I knew you'd make a good mum. You're working, colly and looking after your son. An inspiration man.'

'Don't Keiara, you'll make me cry.' I say hugging her tightly.

'And she's still doing highlight and contour! Fleeky mother Jayda.' Nia says causing us to laugh.

'Thank you guys, another linkup soon. When I can stay out all night with yous.'

We said our goodbyes and left. Isaiah was fast asleep when we dropped him at Auntie Janet's.

'Don't have too much fun. No more babies please.' She had instructed when we left to go back to mine.

'I am tiyaaaaad.' I yawn as I lie on my bed. 'I miss Isaiah already.' I always had withdrawal symptoms when we weren't together.

'You're cute. Come cuddle.' Dontae pulls me into him. What a big softie, come cuddle uno. I scoot up to him, leaning up to kiss him.

We indulge in a long kiss.

'Hold on, I need to bill it.' He gets up, rummaging through his stuff before retracting a little bag of weed, a grinder, backy, tobacco and rizla.

5 minutes later, he was lighting it up.

'Open the window and shut my door.' I instruct, feeling too lazy to get up and do it myself. He obliges before offering me the spliff.

'I'm breastfeeding your son mate.' I decline even though I really wanted to.

'Oh yeah.' I watched him as he smoked, finding it interesting. The way his eyes began to droop, and his movements became sluggish. He soon climbed back into bed with me as I was scrolling and clicking between apps on my phone.

'What you saying sexy?' He mumbles, running his hand up my thighs. I giggle, turning around to face him.

'Your breath is moving mad babe.' I inform him. He screws up his face before giggling. So he's high and I'm not, great.

'You're peng tho. Have you got a man?' He mumbles as he pecks at my neck. I squirm around.

'Yeah I do, sorry.'

'Swear? You look like my baby mum uno.' His hands begin wandering my body. I laugh loudly.

'Is it?'

'Yeah, lemme show you how she became my baby mum.' He says before leaving a trail of kisses from my neck down to my chest.

'Ay, your phones going mad.' Dontae shouts from upstairs.

'Bring it to me!' I shout back. I sit on the sofa with my bowl of cereal and turn on the TV. BBC News was on, and from what I gathered there was a special report on.

'Police officers have confirmed that the teenager who has escaped from police custody is Kalim Hayes.'

What? I thought I was going blind or deaf, but a picture of him then appeared on TV, it was his mugshot.

'Hayes was being transferred to a maximum security adult Correctional Facility after spending 5 months of his 15 year sentence in a Juvenile Correctional Facility when he managed to escape from the transportation vehicle. Hayes has links to South London, specifically Stockwell, Brixton and Clapham. Police urge members of public to immediately call 999 if he is spotted and not to approach as he believed to be dangerous and armed.'

'Oh my god.' I mutter, the blood draining from my face. 'Dontae!' I scream. He came downstairs, my phone in his hand. He looked like he wanted to cry or attack someone.

'It's Isaiah, he's gone. Auntie Janet can't find him.' He babbles.

'What?' I scramble to my feet, feeling to throw up. My heart pounded against my ribcage painfully as my belly convulsed. This couldn't be a coincidence.

'Kalim's escaped from prison.' I mutter in a small voice. I let the tears drop from my eyes, already fearing the worst.

The boy who had tried to kill Dontae had escaped and my 4 month old baby was missing..

Hey hey hey
So, these are the last few chapters, I have like one or two leftttt then the book is over😢

Obvs, I have to end it with a bang, so get readyyy

Vote and comment x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41K 1.2K 17
Just read the damn book , you're gonna love it :)
13.5K 659 32
A London based storyπŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Just read xx #1 in #Completion (9th Nov, 2022) #2 in #Southlondon (13th May, 2023) #3 in #Secondaryschool (23rd Apr, 2023) ...
221K 4.6K 24
not forcing you, but this story is 1 of a kind... read now ! πŸ”ž ( or be mature )
375 0 34
when the popular kid, jairus baker, makes a promise to the pastors daughter, madison padilla to not fall in love with her.