The Lucky Pick // One Direct...

By meltedpopsicle

She agreed to taking her sister to a concert, but not to this. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Acknowledgements & Author's Note

Chapter 60

1.4K 29 14
By meltedpopsicle

Megan Watson's POV

As soon as the words leave Niall's mouth, my eyes widen and I become speechless. I know we had been on a date and had kissed several times, but I was still shocked at his words, which if I agreed to would make us officially an item.

Unable to form any words, I swallow a lump in my throat and push a strand of my hair behind my ear, trying and failing to reply to him.

He lets out a deep sigh, dropping my hands and taking a few steps back, and running his hands through his hair before dropping them to his sides, looking upset and frustrated.

"No, Niall," I stop him, finally able to form words after my shock, taking his hands again, "I'd love to be your girlfriend. One hundred percent. I was just too shocked to answer. I'm sorry."

His eyes light up with hope as he says, "Seriously?"

I smile, biting my lip and giggling lightly, "Seriously."

He grins with such happiness that I can't help but smile just as widely and feel butterflies in my stomach. He takes my face in his hands and kisses me, the smile staying on his face. I kiss him back, smiling against his lips as he gently strokes my cheek with his thumb.

He soon pulls away, both of us smiling, before he asks me after a few moments, looking me in the eye, "You tired?"

I shrug, "Sorta." I immediately let out a yawn afterwards, making him laugh.

"I'll be right back, okay?" He asks, his whole mood seeming to be happy and cheerful. I nod, biting my lip with a smile, before he places a kiss to my forehead and leaves the hotel room with a smile on his face.

I let out a huge breath, falling back onto the bed as I think about what just happened. Niall and I are actually together.

And how I feel about that? Weird.

Very happy, but weird. I have to keep reminding myself that we are actually going out now, that this is reality, this has really happened. And it all feels weird, but in a good way. Niall and I are a couple. Niall.

I become so observed in my own thoughts that I don't notice the few minutes go by, and before I know it Niall is standing over me curiously.

"Whatcha thinkin about?" He asks, a small smile on his face as he raises his eyebrows curiously. I sit up, shrugging as he sits beside me.

"It's just all a bit weird, don't ya think?" I ask bluntly, pushing a stray strand of my hair behind my ear.

"What do you mean?" He asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Like..." I pause, biting my lip as I try to find the words to explain it, "We're together now. Us. It's just gonna take some getting used to."

He nods his head, before saying, "It's not gonna be that different. Except now.." He pauses, looking at me with a small smirk on his face, "I get to do this."

He presses his lips to mine, smiling against my lips as he pushes me down slightly and crawls on top of me. I wrap my fingers around the back of his neck, letting out a giggle. The kiss doesn't last very long, him soon pulling away, laughing lightly. He gets up, crawling off me before walking over to the opposite side of the room. Before I know what's happening, clothes are thrown right at me, hitting me in the face.

"Hey!" I exclaim, pulling them off my face. "What was that for?" I laugh lightly, before looking at them to see they are grey tracksuit bottoms and a plain white, baggy t-shirt, and I remember having seen Niall wearing them before.

"What are these for?" I ask Niall confusedly, glancing up at him, "Where'd you even get them?" I ask, realizing that we had come to the hotel with nothing to change into.

"Change into them, they're comfy," he persuades with a small nod, ignoring my last question.

"But where'd y-" I start to ask again before he cuts me off.

"Shh. Just get changed so we can go to sleep," he says.

I just stare at him for a second, blinking repeatedly, before shaking my head at him and saying half jokingly, "If you insist."

I take the clothes in my hands and walk over to a door in the bedroom that leads to a bathroom and lock the door, before changing into Niall's clothes.

After I've changed into them, I ruffle my hair before letting out a yawn and stepping out of the bathroom to see Niall sitting at the edge of the bed wearing only a short-sleeved blue t-shirt and red boxers, a remote in hand as he tries to work the old television in the corner of the room.

I sit beside him, and only then does he seem to notice my entry. I lay my head against his shoulder, and then he places a kiss to the top of my head, wrapping an arm around me. My eyes droopy, I start to close them, feeling really comfortable in his arms.

He must see how tired I am, because he gets up, mumbling a, "here," before lifting me up and placing me further down on the bed, my head resting on one of the soft pillows.

I feel the bed dip beside me, and then Niall pulls the blanket over us. I move closer to him, snuggling into him so that my back is pressed against him. He wraps his arms around my waist and lets me nuzzle my head into the crook of his neck. I feel him press a kiss to my cheek, and before I know it, I've fallen into a deep sleep.

-------------------------

"Your clothes are seriously so comfy though."

"Well I'm sure the company that made them will be very happy to know that then," Niall replies with a small chuckle as he shakes his head at me.

The next morning, I sit in the back seat of a taxi with Niall beside me, as the driver silently drives us to my apartment. Having almost arrived, it only takes a minute or two before the driver pulls at the start of the street my apartment is on. We thank the driver, getting out, before Niall hands him some money. He soon drives away, and I take Niall's hand in mine, about to start walking to the apartment when he stops me.

"I'm so sorry, but I have to go and sort out some stuff about the car," he says apologetically, biting his lip. "But I'll only be an hour or two, yeah?"

"Oh," I say understandingly, with a small nod, "No, that's fine. I'll see you later, yeah?"

He smiles genuinely, "Yeah." He presses a short kiss to my lips and is about to start to leave when I say something I had completely forgotten to before.

"Oh, and I forgot to thank you for the date," I say, taking his hand, "So, thank you so much. It was perfect."

He smiles again, "No problem. I'm really glad you enjoyed it." He kisses my forehead, before saying, "See you."

"Bye," I say with a small wave before turning around and walking to my apartment. When I reach it, I'm surprised to see a curly haired figure knocking on the door. I let out the smallest of a laugh when I take in his features, to see it is none other than Harry, his eyebrows furrowed as he leans his head against the door and attempts to look through the small glass-stained window, his teeth grazing his bottom lip and biting on it for a moment.

"Harry?" I call to him, walking up to him with a small laugh.

He spins around to face me, and I notice his eyes light up a bit when he sees me, and he smiles as he says, "Megan! Where've you been?"

I laugh lightly as he envelopes me in a hug, before I pull away, saying, "College."

He rolls his eyes playfully at me, before I turn my back to him to unlock the door. I open it and both of us step inside as he says with a small chuckle, "I meant this morning."

I close the door behind us, replying simply, "With Niall."

"Oh," he says with a slow nod of his head, "And, if you don't mind me asking, are the clothes you're wearing, by any chance, his?"

"That they are, Harry." I nod my head, sitting down on the couch in the living room, him doing the same.

"Oh," he says again, before realization dawns on him and he looks at me with his eyebrows furrowed, "Wait, what?"

"Yeah..." I say, "They're Niall's clothes."

"They're Niall's clothes," he repeats, before he raises an eyebrow, looking at me seriously, "Wait, did you sleep with Niall?"

I push a strand of my hair behind my ear, glancing at Harry before looking away and looking at my hands, "Yeah, I slept with him. But not in the way you're thinking. I literally just slept with him."

He is silent for a moment, before he asks,"What, are you, like, going out now or something?" He bites down on his bottom lip, his eyebrows furrowing together again.

I roll my lips into my mouth, feeling awkward, before saying, "Yup."

I have gotten used to talking to Harry as a friend, although I can't help but feel awkward around him at times when I remember things from when we were going out. But it wasn't like whenever we talked there was just this sudden awkward tension that made us want to run away and disappear, we would pretty much act like we always used to, with just the odd time that I will cringe when I think about us when we were a couple, or the short amounts of time I will have where I hate him for cheating on me.

"Seriously?" He asks, obviously surprised, raising his eyebrows, "You and Niall?"

I nod, and he says, "You're not joking?" to which I shake my head.

"Woah," he says, staring at the ground in front of him for a moment before looking at me and saying, "Well, erm, congrats. I'm, er, very happy for you two."

"Thanks," I mumble, feeling awkward again.

After a few moments, I see Harry smirk from beside me, and he licks his lips, before saying, "I'm going to have to tell Niall your, erm, preferences now."

I raise an eyebrow, "My preferences?"

He bites his lip, still smirking as he nods his head. "Yeah," he laughs lightly to himself, "Like, in bed."

My mouth drops open as he laughs, and I lean over towards him, smacking his arm, "Harry!"

He continues laughing, shrugging his shoulders as he says, "I'm just saying!"

"And I'll tell Michelle yours," I shoot back with a smirk.

He lets out a laugh, before saying, "I'm not going out with Michelle. And anyways, what would you tell her?" He asks, tilting his head slightly with a smirk.

I glare at him, before biting my lip and smirking, "I'd warn her about how suckish you are in bed."

"Well, excuse me," he says with a laugh, "Like Niall'd be any better."

I laugh lightly, saying playfully, "I bet he is."

He chuckles lightly, shaking his head at me. "Well," he says, smirking, "When you find out that you're wrong, I'll be waiting for an apology."

I laugh, "Well you're gonna just have to keep waiting." He laughs lightly and we laugh for a moment before it gradually dies down.

One moment, I feel awkward around him and the next I feel as comfortable with him as ever.

We're silent for a moment when suddenly Harry seems to remember something, and stands up, saying, "Oh, yeah! I wanna give you something. Wait there."

I laugh lightly, calling after him, "Where else would I go?"

I hear him laugh from the hall, calling back, "You tell me."

I let out a sigh, nuzzling my head into the side of the couch as I wait for Harry to come back. It's not long until he walks back into the house, holding something in his hands.

"What's that?" I asked, but he didn't reply, walking past me and into the kitchen. I furrowed my eyebrows and stood up, following him in.

He placed the item that was covered in tinfoil on the counter in the kitchen and turned to me.

"Okay, so this is stupid but I made you this," he says to me, before taking the tinfoil off, to reveal a cake of some sort on a plate. He lets out a small laugh, "I promise it was better. It must've got crushed. It was originally supposed to be, like, a book on top. To represent college, y'know? Now it's just some sort of lump or something."

I laugh lightly, saying, "You're a really weird person, y'know."

He furrows his eyebrows, looking slightly hurt, which causes me to feel guilty.

"No, I mean it in a good way," I say honestly, "And thanks for making me the cake. That's cute. You seem to have a lot of time on your hands if you're making cakes." I say jokingly, laughing lightly.

He laughs, nodding in agreement, "I do. I got bored and I was just like 'hey, maybe I can make a cake for Megan for when she comes back'. That was like, yesterday I think. Or maybe the day before." He furrows his eyebrows in thought, before shrugging, "I dunno."

"You're seriously so weird!" I say, laughing, before becoming more serious, "But thank you so much. Can I taste it?"

He gives me a 'seriously?' look, his shoulders drooping as he tilted his head slightly. "No, Megan," he says sarcastically, "I made you a cake to stare at. Of course you can eat it."

I laugh lightly, before walking over to one of the drawers in the kitchen and taking out a knife. I walk back over to Harry, cutting a small slice off and taking it in my hand. I take a bit out of it, immediately letting out an "Mm."

Harry laughs at my reaction before immitating me. I let out a laugh as I try to swallow it, before saying, "This is really good."

"Thanks," he says with a laugh, before cutting off a piece for himself and eating it. We then continue eating it and talking to each other, and it isn't long until Niall comes back while we're sitting in the living room. He walks in and looks at Harry confusedly before saying, "Oh, hi Harry?"

"Hi," Harry replies while eating the piece of cake in his hands.

"Harry made cake," I say with a small laugh, "It's heaven." I then see he's about to open his mouth and say with a laugh, "and in the kitchen."

He laughs lightly, nodding his head before walking into the kitchen. He comes back in with a bit of cake in hand and nods approvingly at Harry, "This is really tasty."

Harry chuckles, smirking slightly, "I know."

And in that moment, I'm really happy that I'm able to spend time with both Niall and Harry without there being any sort of tension between them.

I didn't know that that would soon come to an end.

-------------------------------------------------------

A/N: woah woah wait what

could u repeat that last sentence again megan

wot do u mean that it's gonna come to an end wHAT

lol she means the sequel obviously dont u megan

yes yes she does

hint hint

i havent updated in ages omggg im sorry i've just been distracted but imma try and focus on this again i promise

i'm being very rushed rn sigh ((if the chapter is even more sucky then usual, u know why))

ok this only has 3 chapters left im sobbing

IN CASE YOU'RE LOOKING IN THAT MIRROR ONE DAY AND MISS MY ARMS HOW THEY WRAPPED AROUND YOUR WAIST ((i know u do))

lol ok ill stop. thank you so much for more than 18.5k you're seriously amazing ok. i love you so much, please vote and comment and stay perfect,

Lisa :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.5K 920 24
Harry had two, fairly well kept secrets in his life. But Harry messed up big with the two secrets, allowed the two secrets to become too intertwined...
19.1K 467 30
She expected a bit of drama in her life, seeing as she had been with both Harry and Niall, but she most definitely didn't expect this.
1.3K 22 15
Niall Horan. You know who he is. But when he reunites with his best friend while on tour, he doesn't know who he is anymore.
2.9M 32.3K 24
She doesn't know who they are, she doesn't know who he is. All she knows is, fate wants them to meet for the second time.