My Monster Mate (Book I)

By Mbalii

Book One in the My Mate Series - "Elijah," Alexander calls in this terrifying voice. I know it's dangerous bu... More

Part I
One: The Attack
Two: The Joke
Three: The Club
Four: The Almost Rejection
Five: The Brother
Six: The Creatures
Seven: The Encounter
Eight: The Coward
Nine: The Sparks
Eleven: The Russo Brothers
Twelve: The Semi Rescue
Thirteen: The Twin
Fourteen: The Blackout
Fifteen: The Brother
Sixteen: The Discovery
Seventeen: The Rash Decision
Eighteen: The Great Escape
Nineteen: The Mother
Twenty: The Emotions
Twenty-One: The Switch
Twenty-Two: The Ex
Twenty-Three: The Return
Twenty-Four: The Secrets Out
Twenty-Five: The Episode
Twenty-Six: The Shot
Twenty-Seven: The Bullet
Part II
Twenty-Eight: The Wait
Twenty-Nine: The Morning Swaps
Thirty: The Regret
Thirty-One: The Revival
Thirty-Two: The Move
Thirty-Three: The Hex
Thirty-Four: The Dark Magic
Thirty-Five: The Dark Side
Thirty-Six: The Temporarily Wolf-Less Elijah
Thirty-Seven: The Third In Command
Thirty-Eight: The Friend
Thirty-Nine: The Rogue Mission
Forty: The Dream
Forty-One: The Defiance
Forty-Two: The Battle
Forty-Three: The Accident
Part III
Forty-Four: The Flight Home
Forty-Five: The Betrayal
Forty-Six: The Outrage
Forty-Seven: The Confession
Forty-Eight: The Truth
Forty-Nine: The Ceremony
Fifty: The End
Thank You || Q&A
Bonus: Halloween
Bonus: Alexander's Pov
New: Her Calling. Book II: My Hybrid Mate

Ten: The Reason

65.6K 2K 107
By Mbalii

The Reason

I sat up on my bed and just looked out the balcony, I can't believe he left. The curtain blows erratically and some water drips onto my hardwood floor. Thankfully my plush baby pink fuzzy carpet doesn't get as far as the sliding door.

I get up slowly and slide the door shut, locking it once its shut. I turn and slide my way down the glass door, taking refuge on the ground. I touch my lips and sigh, the electric feeling completely gone. The only feeling I get now is of my cold fingertips.

I wanted to curse myself, I wanted to say I hated every moment but I would only be lying to myself. I loved every moment of it. The feeling of his hand on my arms, the slight grab of my behind, I loved it all and I'd run in this rain to get it again.

But, I'm not crazy so I think I should just go to bed.

With my mind made up, I reached for my phone which thankfully fell on the carpet. With it in my hand, I get off the floor and make my way to my bed. As I place my knee on the bed, preparing myself to lift myself I see something in the corner of my eyes.

His clothes laying there on the ground, not too far away are Nic's too. I let out a chuckle realising that he didn't even accept the clothes.

With all that had just occurred, I grabbed his shirt and put it on. It was dry now and complete sleep-in-me worthy. I was instantly consumed in his smell and I loved it. I loved this feeling so much I wanted to capture it forever.

Walking over to my bed, I sat on it and looked out the sliding door one last time, a tear slid down my face. I knew it would probably be months again until I can feel any of this ever again. I wish he had stayed, I wish he had stayed so that it could've lasted longer.

I lay down and pull my blankets right up to my neck and as soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out like a light. With a small smile on my face and thoughts of my 'terrifying' mate in mind.

I woke up to the feeling of pushing, someone was regretfully trying to wake me up. I rolled over and opened an eye. Only to see my sister lying beside me with a scowl on her pretty face.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"Came over to check on you but as soon as I approached you, I smelt Alexander Russo all around me. I was curious as to why. Then I saw this." She lifts my – well his – shirt and then with her other hand, she lifts his pants.

"Did you two do the dirty?" She checks my neck.

"No." I say flatly, "He was here though."

She smirks, "Obviously. I mean, his clothes were on the floor and on you."

I smiled at her but internally rolled my eyes, "Nope, nothing happened. I'm still flowered up, nothing to be worried about."

"Well, that sucks."

I laugh, "Sorry about that but he will probably never kiss me again so I know this was all a onetime thing." I grab the shirt and take it off.

Pointing at my chest area she scowls, "Is that my sports bra?"

"Oh, yeah, sorry." I giggle and she gives me an eye roll but I see the smile playing on her lips.

"Well," She begins, "I need to tell you something."

I pull a face, "I knew you didn't come here because you 'wanted to check up on me.'"

"Uhm," She scratches the back of her neck, "I'm moving out." She does jazz hands and lets out a nervous chuckle.

"Wait. What?"

Surely I knew this was coming sooner or later but, I thought it would be later. Much later.

"I'm moving in with Nic. Jay got us a place, by the dam it's really pretty. Small and cute. Stop giving me that Elijah, we're mates, this is kinda normal."

I laughed, "I know. I know but..."

We've lived together all our life. I haven't spent a day without her. She's my twin. I feel what she feels. She's already my other half, maybe that's why the thought of rejecting Alexander doesn't bring an ache in my chest. Because I've always believed I already have my other half right here. In the form of my twin.

No other twin werewolves feel the others pain and have their own mind link. Some twins have special things they share. That was ours. I am yet to meet another set of twins with something they share.

"I know, Elijah. It's hard for me too. When Nic brought it up, I hesitated and then next thing we bumped into Alpha Jay and he said we could move into that place. I got so excited, I could've never said no. Goddess, this is the toughest decision I've ever had to make. But we both knew this would happen. Eventually, you'll move in with Alex too." I couldn't help it, I laughed.

My laughter died down a bit, "That's never going to happen. I'm going to rot here."

"Elijah. You need to fight for him. Make him see reason. Make him see that he needs you. His pack needs you. His wolf needs you –"

I stopped her in her tracks, "No. I don't need him. I don't want him."

"Elijah..." She breaths out.

"Elisha, have you ever thought it through? Thoroughly? He has enemies, many. They will come after me. And they will kill me. Anyone who ever finds out that I am Alexander Russo's mate will be out to get me. Do you understand that? Do you understand the amount of danger I will be in? I will live my life in fear."

I mean, I'm not blind, the man is a walking Greek God there's definitely a bunch of she-wolves who would jump his bones. Maybe, very lowkey, this she-wolf too but back to the point, I would be a walking target if wolves were to know that that Greek God has found his mate, especially with his reputation of killing wolves and all.

Not to mention that my parents despise him and well everyone is afraid of him. Also, if I were not thrown out of the pack or killed I would most definitely become a pariah. He came onto our land with the pure intent to kill us all, he was going to do it. He killed dozens and injured hundreds, no one has magically forgotten that and they won't just because he stopped the attack because he found me.

Nothing will take back the pain in their hearts from losing mates, parents and pups. Nothing.

My life would no longer be my life. I also imagine that would be no fun for him. Imagine spending every waking day having to worry about another being. Having to constantly check up on someone. That must be horrid. No matter how much you love that person.

I, unlike my sister, was thinking about the bigger picture.

"He is the Alexander Russo. He is probably the greatest bodyguard in the world!" She waves her arms.

I fold my arms, "I don't –" she stops me before I can even begin.

"You're too proud. You're a Warriors daughter. You are a Warrior. Heck, you are probably greater that Mom, Dad and I combined. You think you don't need him because you know you are strong. Well, sometimes you need some help. Sometimes you need someone else to take care of you. You allow Nic and me to, so why not your mate too?" She raises a shoulder.

I throw my hands up, "Because he will be the reason why I'll be in danger. He will be my demise."

"Elijah, you don't know that for sure."

She cannot be serious, "Yes, I do! Elisha, why are we talking about me you're about to leave. Can we focus on that?"

Talking about my doomed destiny was not something I wanted to do right now. I have spent countless hours of countless days thinking about how bad things could get if word got out that I am his mate. I didn't want to do it now when we should be focusing on my sister and how she's about to move in with her mate and start an amazing chapter of her life with him.

I could see she wanted to fight me on this but something else won and she shook her head, "You're right, I'm sorry. This is the crappiest time to want to move. I'll stay. I'll stay for as long as you stay." She smiles.

My eyes widen, "What? No! I can't let you do that. Go. Be with your mate. Be happy."

He eyes were soft, "Eli, you need me now more than ever."

"I need you to be happy, Lish, please."

Her eyes shine with unshed tears, "I love you, Elijah. You will always be my original other half." She brings me in for a hug.

I reciprocate the hug, "I love you, Elisha."

She doesn't let go, "I promise I'll visit regularly."

"I will too." I smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

372K 16.2K 49
Kylie survived the brutal destruction of her pack only to discover her cold alpha mate was the one responsible for the brutal slaughter of her family...
424K 13.5K 43
previously titled 'mine' He let out what sounded like a growl of pleasure before he continued to rub his fur against me. Warm tears fell down my chee...
38K 1.1K 35
He stepped even closer so close that our nose was touching and I could feel his minty breath on my face. Oh no wrong move. "I was just cleaning it"...
MATES By ~MK

Werewolf

406K 19.4K 46
Two Brothers...One Girl...One Choice Who would you choose? ~ "How Dare You?" I shoved him until he was pressed up against our sliding glass door "...