This Could Be Us But You Play...

By Laurmani_My_Life

Trilogy won Harmo Award for the Best Dinah/You story You are a 18 year old, senior in high school in Oakland... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Paper? Please?
Chapter 2: Aloha oukou
Chapter 3: Maybe, Someday...
Chapter 4: #YSBH
Chapter 5: What Do I Do?
Chapter 6: Songs From The Heart
Chapter 8: Finally...
Chapter 9: Don't
Chapter 10: Maybe It's Progress
Chapter 11: Is It Jealousy?
Chapter 12: Figure My Heart Out
Chapter 13: I Ain't A Player...
❤Kehlani❤
Chapter 14: wRoNg
Chapter 15: My Whole World's Upside Down
Chapter 16: This Is All I Ever Dream
Chapter 17: My Love Song
Chapter 18: Sex With Me
Chapter 19: Mrs. Steal Your Girl
Chapter 20: fOoL fOr YoU
Chapter 21: Late Nights, Amnesia, Red Eyes, I Need You
Chapter 22: One Sweet Day
Chapter 23: I Want You
Chapter 24: Gonna Get Better
Chapter 25: Purpose
Chapter 26: I Wanna Be
Chapter 27: Surprise
Chapter 28: What Do You Mean
Chapter 29: My Video Vixen
Chapter 30: My Love
Epilogue
Sequel?!?

Chapter 7: Life Saver and a Heartbreaker

7.9K 254 143
By Laurmani_My_Life

A/N Even though the Panthers lost the super bowl *cries heavily* one of my fave Lauren/You books updated... And Normani still follows me SO I decided to update again... YAYY ENJOY!!!

There were 3 weeks left until we graduated, and I could not wait. Not because school was the hell hole that it is, but because I am literally accomplishing this because I wanted to. Everyone was confused as to why I went to school when I could be traveling all over the world at such a young age. But I wanted to go to school and finish with a degree and it's finally happening.

Sierra, Diamond, Kehlani, and I were going to have a sleep over this weekend to celebrate the dropping of Kehlani and I's song. Kehlani's was coming out Friday night whereas mine was coming out the following Monday night.

But the whole sleep over would be put on hold until I figured out my feelings. And the only way I could do that, other than song writing, would be to talk to the people I trusted the most in the world.

Which is why I'm on my way to Sierra's house on a Tuesday night. Diamond only lives down the street from her so she should be there by the time I pull up. I brought my laptop so I could Skype Camila and we could all talk about it as a group because all of their opinions mattered to me.

Arriving at her house, I grabbed my laptop bag and the pizza and drinks I bought for them. I had Ally buy Camila a personal pizza so she could, in her words, "feel like I'm breathing the same air as you".

I knocked on the door since I couldn't open it myself. Sierra's mom answered the door.

"Hey sweetie. How are you?"

She said smiling and kissing my cheek since she couldn't hug me with all the stuff in my hands.

"I'm fine, thanks. But how are you? Si told me you got another promotion at your firm."

She smiled and called for Sierra taking the pizza and drinks out of my hands.

"Yes, I did, and because of that I'm doing great."

"Well, if you're really as good as they say you are I will be calling you if I ever need a lawyer. Which I probably will pretty soon."

She laughed and was about to respond but Sierra cut her off.

"Jesus Christ, Y/N. Stop flirting with my mother. That's gross."

I rolled my eyes at her and her mother just laughed.

"Having manners doesn't count as flirting, stupid."

"Whatever."

She mumbled grabbing the pizza and drinks from her mothers hands and walking back up the steps.

"Come on. Diamonds upstairs already."

I nodded and followed her up the stairs. Her mom said she would bring up cups for the drinks since she knew we wouldn't use plates even if she brought them up. Sierra didn't say anything in response so I turned and said thanks before Sierra closed the door with her foot.

"Hey Y/N/N."

"Hey D."

"Set up the computer."

Sierra said at the same time I responded to Diamond causing me to chuckle in return.

"What's up her butt?"

Diamond said as she got a slice of pizza from the box.

"She thinks I was flirting with her mom."

"Well were you?"

"What? No! Why would I do that?"

Sierra scoffed as I waited for the Skype app to load.

"Because you flirt with anything that moves."

I got up and went to grab some pizza, taking a bite before responding.

"Not men. Or my best friends mom. The first is weird and the second is rude. I'm not Satan."

She mumbled "yeah right" under her breath. I set the pizza on the desk next to my laptop and hopped onto Sierra and started to tickle her.

"O-Oh my go-od. Stop! Stop, please-please!"

I wasn't going to, but her mom walked in immediately defending her daughter.

"Hey! Stop killing my only child, please."

I huffed and went back to my computer finding Camila's name and pressing the video call button.

"Thanks, ma."

"You're welcome. Have fun ladies. Good night."

We all said goodnight in unison before Camila popped up on the screen with a huge smile on her face, making me smile in reflex.

"Why are you so happy?"

I said trying to fight the smile that was growing on my face. As she responded Diamond and Sierra got two other chairs and sat on either side of me, since my computer was plugged into the wall.

"Because! Your first song is dropping a week from now! That is awesome!"

I giggled and rolled my eyes at her.

"You're an idiot, Camz."

She shrugged and reached for something that turned out to be a water bottle.

"Where's your pizza?"

Diamond asked looking around the screen like she would eventually see it.

"I ate it while waiting for the call."

We laughed at her and she blushed a little out of embarrassment.

"Of course."

"Whatever. Hey, how are your fans taking the new song news?"

"My fans are fine, K.C. It's your fans I'm worried about."

She made a confused face and cocked her head to the side.

"Mila, some of them aren't happy. And you know how your fans get when they aren't happy."

She made an "Oh" face, then it turned into a frown.

"I've been so busy with the beginning of the second album I didn't even notice."

"Yeah, well, I did and trust me some of them are not happy."

She pouted and whined a little bit, leaning on her arms putting her closer to the screen.

"Well what am I supposed to do about it."

"Can someone else record her part?"

Sierra asked while going to get the cups and a bottle of soda.

"Theoretically. But the song comes out in seven days. It's not possible for that to happen."

Camila answered and I added on.

"And she wouldn't even if she could because I wrote the song for her."

She plopped back down next to me, handing me two drinks; one of which I passed to Diamond.

"Well what do you want her to do about it."

I shrugged and leaned back in my seat.

"I just don't want you to get hate Milz."

She shrugged on the other side.

"I always get hate. Along with the other girls. I'll get through it."

"Just because you get it doesn't make it right."

She shrugged again.

"Oh! Why not record four more songs?"

Diamond said smiling widely. I looked at her like she was crazy.

"Now why in the hell would I record four more songs with her when she gets hate from one that hasn't even dropped yet?"

She rolled her eyes and punched me in the arm.

"No, doofus. Record four more songs. One for every one else in the group. That way it won't look weird. It'll be like they are helping a friend ease her way into the business with ' The Girl Group of The Year'."

I raised my eyebrows in surprise and turned back to Camila.

"That's not a bad idea."

She nodded in agreement then smirked making me furrow my eyebrows.

"What?"

"What's you and Dinah's song gonna be about?"

She said making the other two girls on my sides giggle with her. I straight faced all of them and they just continued to laugh.

"Ass. Holes."

I said crossing my arms and slouching down in my chair. Once they stopped laughing Sierra spoke.

"Well, now that we have one problem out of the way. What's the second?"

They all looked at me and I sighed, un-crossing my arms to rub them down my face.

"You're alone right Mila?"

She nodded and looked around her room.

"Yeah, but I'm bunking with Ally tonight anyway so we should be good for a few hours; I think she went out with Will or something."

I nodded and took another breath before I spoke.

"So you guys know how I feel about Dinah."

I said and they nodded making me continue.

"Okay and you guys don't know this but... uh, Kehlani is sort of... in love with me."

Camila gasped and I got hit on both of my arms by both Diamond and Sierra.

"Ouch guys!"

I said, hugging myself to protect my arms.

"Why the hell are you messing with her if she loves you?"

Camila yelled through the screen.

"Listen, from the moment she told me she loved me I told her we had to stop. But she didn't. She said that she would rather do whatever it is we are doing now, than just be platonic friends."

"Well what's the problem here besides this half finished love triangle?"

Sierra asked.

"The problem is I'm in love with Dinah, but she has a boyfriend. And I think I might want to give Keh a chance but I don't know if I'll be what she wants. And I would, honestly, rather keep this messed up version of our relationship then make her fall harder for me and I pull away because she isn't what I want."

They all gave me the same "poor baby" facial expression before taking a few minutes to speak. Mila broke the silence first.

"Before I give you my final decision on what you should do, I need your complete honesty right now."

She said making me nod slowly, afraid of what she might say.

"Are you over K.J., yet? I know it's been like 6 years almost, and y'all were young. But did you ever get over her?"

I knew she would bring her up, I was just hoping she wouldn't. Camila might be more famous now, but I was technically famous first. When I was in seventh grade, my middle school let the the whole school go to Miami Beach for the day. I was 12 so any time the school said we had a field trip we were ecstatic. Mila and I even went and brought swimsuits with our parents just for the trip.

When we first got there we went straight to the water and started to swim. I was the better swimmer so at one point when Camila was playing with her friends in her grade I went further into the water. I was floating on my back when I heard a splash and some screams.

I turned to see there was a boat about fifty feet away from where I was that wasn't moving. I looked at the little girl, who looked paled in the face like she just witnessed something horrible. I followed her eyes to see her looking at a spot in the water.

"Hey, what happened?"

I asked as I swam closer to the boat. She looked at me with scared eyes before talking.

"My sister just fell."

I was shocked and immediately held my breath and looked to see where she would've went. I came up quickly and told her to drop the life saver in the water and to go get someone strong. I went back under the water, catching the girl before she went too far under, and pulled her up with me.

I grabbed onto the lifesaver and once I got a grip I felt the rope start to pull up. Once we got to the railing two men grabbed us and pulled us over. Weirdly, they had a paramedic on board already so he went straight to the girl while the other man helped me.

"Are you okay?"

I nodded still a little winded and remained seated on the ground. I looked through the opening of the railing to see most of the kids on the beach looking our way.

"Yeah, is she okay?"

He looked over worryingly to the girl, and as soon as he did the girl started to cough and sat up. I let out a breath and smiled along with the man. It wasn't until two women and the other girl came from a different part of the boat that I realized there were cameramen filming all of us.

"Oh my god! What happened, Dad?"

My mouth dropped open and I was shocked at who I was looking at. He started explaining what had happened and I just sat there with my mouth open, gawking at the women in front of me. Then it clicked who I was talking to and I said my very first curse word that day.

"Holy shit. You're the Kardashians."

I said causing everyone around me to laugh.

"Yeah, that's us. Thanks for saving my daughter. What's your name?"

"Y/N."

I said, still slightly starstruck, as I grabbed his hand that he held out to pull me to my feet. He hugged me, along with the girl who I first saw on the boat, who apparently was Kylie Jenner. The other two women, Kris and Kourtney, hugged me as well and thanked me.

I went over to the girl I pulled out the water and kneeled down next to her. She was sat up trying to calm down her still erratic breathing. I stuck my hand out and she looked at me.

"I'm Y/N."

"Kendall. Thanks for saving me."

She said shaking my hand and smiling.

"Everytime."

After that we were inseparable. Kendall was barely on the show back then so we weren't ever really in the media after that. But once they found out we were dating, there was a huge freak out because we were so young... and because we were girls. She was my first girlfriend and I was hers, but we were in love.

Until I went to high school. I was just in class one day talking to my friends when everyone started whispering and looking at me. I got sick of it after an hour and told them to tell me what's going on. This girl told me to check my Twitter and go to the number 1 trending topic.

I checked it and my heart broke. "Kendall Jenner caught cheating on her young hero, Y/N" She had cheated on me with some random guy while she visited her dad in Rome. I might've been 14 but that heartbreak was painful since it was my first. I didn't date anyone else until I came back from my summer program in Detroit. That's when I became a player, as they call it. But, I didn't get over Kendall until I met Kehlani. Meeting Dinah started the process but Kehlani is what got me officially out of that funk.

"Camila, I started getting over her the moment I met Dinah."

"And when did it finish?"

Diamond said after a small silence, making me look at her.

"When I met Kehlani."

I said lowly, looking down and starting to mess with the hem of my shirt. They were quiet which made me scared of what they would actually say. Sierra broke it though by calling Camila's name.

"Camila, what's your answer now?"

"Look at me, Y/N/N."

Mila said since I was still looking at my shirt I was picking at. I looked up through my eyelashes and kept my head down.

"You know how I feel about you and Dinah, but I think you should go for Kehlani."

I sighed and put my face in my hands.

"I agree."

Both Sierra and Diamond said at the same time. I shook my head while it remained in my hands and groaned.

"I know you're scared,"

Sierra started,

"but two years is a long time to feel like this for someone and have them not reciprocate any feelings, right?"

She said. I looked up to see why she asked it in a question, to see she was looking at Camila as she nodded her head.

"Yeah, no matter how much I pry, and you know I can pry, she just won't budge. And right when she's about to, she gets pissy and basically tells me to 'fuck off'"

"Yeah, I think you should go for Lani."

Diamond said and I groaned.

"But you need to stop messing with all these other girls."

Diamond added on making the other two nod frantically.

"Yeah that shit needs to end if you're going to do this."

I scoffed at them and looked at all three in a rotation.

"And how am I supposed to just up and stop doing something that I've been doing for almost two years. That's not an easy habit to break."

"Well you better try."

Camila said before looking at her door and greeting whoever walked in.

"Look, I have to go. But start trying Y/N/N. I'll talk to the girls about the song thingy right now and get back to you, okay?"

I nodded and waved bye at her before closing my laptop. Sierra started to laugh and I looked at her confused along with Diamond who was fighting a smile as well.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing. It's just... this is going to be an interesting three weeks."

A/N So much stuff in such a little chapter XD lol but you might being doing four more songs with each girl... and I've made the decision on which four songs already... finally

AND you dated Kendall and she cheated on you after you saved her life and now your moving towards Kehlani instead of Dinah... and let the drama begin *Ques evil laugh*

--STAY HAPPY BABES!!! ❤❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 5.3K 24
Keauren/Camren/5H fanfiction. (You'll see what I mean) Lauren, Dinah, Camila, Normani, and Ally were all ordinary best friends ever since elementary...
6.6K 204 19
What was Dinah's climb to fame like? How did her closest sibling take it? What happens after she blows up?
102K 3.8K 35
Meet Dinah Jane Hansen, a well known video and music producer who got into the business at the age of 19. She's hard working and smooth with the ladi...
183K 3.8K 25
[COMPLETED] Y/N just graduated from high school and she decided to leave her past bad life. As she started her college life, she decided to improve h...