Falling Into Place

By lukehemmooo

Sometimes when things are falling apart they may actually be falling into place. (Sequel to Too Far) More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Fifteen

3.1K 114 28
By lukehemmooo

"So you and Lucas are dating again?" Liam asked, walking out of school.

"No, not dating. We did make up, but he hasn't asked me out... again... We spent all summer as just friends."

"He'll come around. If he didn't care about you as much as he did, he wouldn't have done so much to get you to talk to him again."

"I guess..."

"We're in eleventh grade now, Maya. Lucas, like you and I, have matured over time. You hanging out with him after school?" Maya nodded and looked towards Lucas' parking spot. He still wasn't at his car so she continued to talk to Liam.

"Have you guys kissed as 'just friends?'" Liam smirked, unlocking his truck. Maya laughed, pushing his shoulder and bit her lip.

"Well, no but-"

"But nothing!" Liam interupted. "Just friends or not, you two still have more chemistry than you think."

"I guess." Glancing up, Maya noticed Lucas was at his car. "I gotta go." Maya waved, walking over to Lucas.

"Hey you." Lucas smiled, wrapping the tiny blonde in a bear hug.

"Hey." Maya smiled and looked up at Lucas. They got into his car and drove out of the school parking lot.

"How was your day?"

"As good as a school day can be." Maya laughed. "But it's Friday so that's good." She looked over at Lucas, who chuckled, keeping his eyes on the road. "Where are we going?"

"You'll see."

"Lucas you know I hate surprises."

"You'll like this one." He reached his arm across the center console and grabbed Maya's hand, rubbing his thumb across the back of it.

"We'll see."

The drive was quite long and Maya was growing impatient, squirming in her seat. She sat criss cross, with her legs infront of her, with her legs pulled up to her chest, and with them swung over onto the center console between her and Lucas. She turned the radio up and sang and danced along to the music, leaving a never-ending smile on Lucas' face.

"You're cute when you're impatient."

"I'm sure I am... Are we there yet?"

"Almost."

"You said that like fifteen minutes ago."

"Well, we're here." He pulled into a parking lot and into a parking space. Maya looked around not seeing much of anything to do around them.

"Where are we exactly?" They got out of the car and Lucas guided Maya infront of him. "We have to walk?" She groaned.

"You might just live if you walk a little." Lucas kept his hand on Maya's back as he led her down the sidewalk and through crowds of people. "Right there." Lucas pointed to a building and opened the door for Maya to walk in.

"Ice skating? I've never been ice skating in my life!"

"After today you won't be able to say that." He smiled. They walked over to get their skates and sat down on a bench to put them on.

"These are so heavy!" Maya laughed as she tried to walk in them. Lucas laughed, wrapping an arm around her waist, leading her to the rink. Unsteady, she reached infront of her for Lucas, and grabbed his arms. They slowely moved around the ice at a steady pace for a good bit of time.

"You wanna try by yourself?" Lucas slowly let go of Maya's arms and she did the same, moving slowly on her skates by herself.

"I'm doing it!" Maya smiled. She looked down at her skates and back up at Lucas.

"I told you you'd like this surprise." He grinned. Seeing how happy Maya was made him feel warm and fuzzy inside. In the moment it was kind of hard to think that not even a year before they weren't even talking to eachother.

"Okay couples skate! Anyone under fifteen and anyone single please leave the ice." A voice on the intercom announced the new rules and Maya and Lucas looked at eachother.

"I'm not fifteen." Lucas smiled.

"Me either. I am however, single."

Lucas held his hand out between him and Maya and smiled. "Yeah, me too, but shhh." She smiled, grabbing his hand.

"You okay?" Lucas asked, gesturing to their intertwined fingers.

"Absolutly." She smiled, squeezing his hand. She spun around so that she was infront of Lucas and skating backwards. "Are you okay?"

"Definitely." He continued skating forward, though a curve in the rink was coming up. Maya gasped as her back hit the wall of the rink, but not from the impact because they weren't moving very quickly, but she was shocked. "You still okay?" Nodding, Maya bit her lip. Lucas tilted Maya's chin up with his finger and placed a soft, sweet kiss on her lips. They pulled away, knowing they were in public. Maya looked around to see if anyone was looking, but Lucas' gaze was still set on Maya.

"You know you're beautiful right?" Lucas pushed a piece of her hair behind her ear, causing her to chuckle.

"Lucas-"

"I'm serious, you really are." Maya looked down. She usually didn't have a problem accepting Lucas' compliments, but this time was different... There was a little voice in the back of her head telling her she wasn't beautiful. "C'mon, couples skate is over." They turned in their skates and got back into Lucas' car, driving back towards Lucas' house.

"Thank you, Lucas."

"For what?"

"Taking me skating!" She said, like he should've known what she was thanking him for.

"You're welcome. I thought it'd be a fun thing to do."

"And it was." She leaned over and placed a small kiss on Lucas' cheek. She sat back into her seat and noticed it was getting dark out.

"Are you hungry?" Lucas asked, pulling into a drive through. Maya shook her head as she looked out the window. "Sure?"

"I'm just tired." Maya shrugged and leaned against the passanger side door, closing her eyes. Lucas ordered, getting fries and two drinks. "Why'd you get two drinks?"

"Because even if you're not hungry, you're gonna get thirsty at some point." She looked down at the cup in the cup holder and smiled, picking it up and taking a sip. They continued the drive back to their part of town, heading towards Maya's apartment to drop her off. She was staring out of her window the whole ride home, not saying much. "Are you okay?" Lucas parked the car in the parking lot of her complex apartment looked at her.

"I'm fine, Lucas. I'm tired!" She rubbed her eye and opened the car door, heading up the stairs before Lucas even shut his door.

"Hey!" He shouted up to her. He jogged up the stairs to catch up with her. He grabbed her arm, pulling her back because she had already opened the door to her apartment. "You're not okay."

"Lucas I am. I'm just really sleepy. I promise." She smiled, trying to convince Lucas and he sighed.

"Maya I want to know if some thing's bugging you."

"Nothing's bugging me!" She stormed into her apartment, followed by Lucas who shut the front door behind him. Because he took the time to lock the door aswell, that gave Maya the time to lock herself in the bathroom.

"Maya. Maya open the door right now!" Lucas banged on the door with his fists, twisting the locked door knob hoping Maya would open up.

Behind the locked bathroom door, Maya had turned the bathroom fan and the faucet on. She sat on the toilet with her head in her hands, crying. Recently unhappy thought had been popping into her head, but it never happened when she was with Lucas. When they were together she was truely happy... but not this time.

"Lucas doesn't love you."

"He's lying to you. You're not beautiful, you're not even pretty!"

"You can't believe that he really cares about you?"

She tried to gather herself so she could open the door, but every time she wiped all the tears off her face and took a deep breath, she began to cry again.

"Maya I swear to god..." Lucas said, leaning his head against the door. His heart was racing and he felt helpless, as he couldn't open the door to get to Maya and he couldn't figure out what was bothering her.

"Lucas go home." Maya said. She wiped her nose and under her eyes, looking in the mirror. She was red and puffy... There was no way Lucas wouldn't know she was crying.

"Not until you come out and tell me what's bothering you."

Thinking quick, Maya had thought up an excuse to tell him. She turned off the running water and the fan. Unlocking and opening the door, Lucas wrapped his arms around her and rubbed her back.

"I thought we agreed to talk to eachother, Maya."

"I know." She sniffled, grabbing a fistful of his shirt and holding it has tight as she could to keep from bursting into tears again.

"So tell me what's up."

"I did it again..." Maya spoke softly. Lucas froze. He stopped rubbing her back, his eyes got big, and he stopped breathing for a second.

"You did what..." He pulled away from her, holding her shoulders.

"It was awhile ago, Lucas but I didn't tell you."

"My God, Maya." He hugged her again, squeezing her. A tear fell from his eye onto the back of her shirt, causing Maya to cry aswell, knowing she was covering something bad with a lie about another bad thing.

"I'm sorry..." Maya said softly. She breathed in his scent and hugged him tighter, being sincere about her apology.

"Don't... It was me wasn't it?"

"What!" Maya backed away from Lucas and had a look of disbelief on her face. Even though she wasn't being truthful, Lucas thought he was the reason she'd 'hurt herself.' "Of course not, Lucas! It's me, I... I can't explain it... Everything is in my head."

Well that part was true. Everything was in her head. No one was ever mean or rude to her, she didn't have someone who was bullying her... Everything was coming from her mind.

"You can't do that Maya."

"I know..."

---
Hello! Hope ya'll like this chapter. What do ya'll think is going to happen? What do you want to happen?(;

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.4K 2.1K 57
I'm pretty sure you've heard of the story of a famous teen celebrity and a normal guy falling in love. Well, this is my story. Once upon a time ther...
107K 2.7K 27
𝗮𝗳·𝗳𝗶𝗻·𝗶·𝘁𝘆 𝗻𝗼𝘂𝗻 ↳ 𝗮 𝗻𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗮𝗹 𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘀𝘆𝗺𝗽𝗮𝘁𝗵𝘆 𝗯𝗲𝘄𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗽𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹 𝗺𝗲𝗲𝘁𝘀 �...
53.5K 676 73
"I just wish things were clearer for me. I know that I want to continue acting and go to college, but I wish I knew what the future is holding."
4K 158 17
They were meant to be, until distance tore them apart. Now he's back, but new problems stand between them. All she wants is to be close...