No Matter What • Stilinski [...

By buzzcutdylan

[ BOOK 1 ] They will fight to protect each other; No Matter What... More

~PROLOGUE~
01// Beacon Hills High
02//First days and Lacrosse
03//Parties and Male Models
04//Hospitals and Period Pamphlets
05//Intolerable
06//Not a Rabbit
07//Strike
08//Jackass
09//Broken
10//Pinky Swear
11//The Truth
12//Yoda's
13//Night of the Living Alpha
14//Running
15//Phone Calls
16//Effects of a Full Moon
17//No Matter What
19//Peter Hale
20//Protecting Mr. Cheekbones
21//Shopping
22//Winter Formal
23//Finding Derek
24//Darkness
25//Dreaming
26//Only The Beginning
27//Trust You
28//Another Werewolf?
29//Fear
30//Skating Disasters
31// Helpless
32// The Test
33// Stiles the llama.
34// Ham and Cheese, or Turkey Club?
35//Restraining Order
36// Rave?
37// Finally Healing
38//Trust Your Instincts
39// The Battlefield
40// I Love You
Heart of Darkness

18//Bubbling to the Surface

1.1K 49 4
By buzzcutdylan

--DISCLAIMER--
I DO NOT OWN TEEN WOLF

~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 18

BUBBLING TO THE SURFACE

~~~~~~~~~~

"Faster?"

"Much faster."

Crystal didn't know how it happened, but it did. However, It was bound to happen that she would get dragged in to one of Scott and Stiles plans once again to save the infamous sour-wolf in the flesh, Derek Hale. Who isn't dead after all.

Not thirty minutes ago, the teenage girl was eating ice cream whilst watching Clueless, when a very apologetic sounding Scott called her to come join him and Stiles on one of their late night adventures on a Saturday night. To which the girl agreed to since she genuinely had nothing better to do; which meant she had to face a very guilty looking Scott McCall... Who she hadn't forgiven yet.

"Criss, I don't think your grasping the concept of 'car chase' here." Stiles voice came from behind the girl. She glanced through the windshield mirror at the boy and glared.

"If I go any faster, Stiles; I'll kill us."

"If you don't go any faster, they'll kill us!" Scott exclaimed to the right of her as he held on to the roof. She threw a dirty glare at him.

"Well, if you hadn't dragged me in to this mess to save your new bestie, McCall; then maybe you'd be the one driving." The girl shot back, which had Scott immediately feeling worse than he already felt. He looked out the window and then back to Crystal.

"I said sorry! I didn't mean anything that I said, it was the full moon!" Scott half-yelled, mainly because the roaring of the engine and the sirens of cop cars filled the air, but also because he was frustrated by the fact his friend was mad at him.

Scoffing, the girl replied, "Uh, no, You didn't Scott, not once did you apologise. That's the problem, your blaming it on the full moon but we both know what you said was the truth and we're all thinking it. So just drop it."

In one quick movement, Crystal floored it down the road as she tried to control her breathing. The brunette took a quick glance through the windshield mirror, expecting to see the red SUV that held a very angry Kate Argent; but was met with darkness. "They're gone."

Just then, Stiles pulled out a radio; Sheriff Stilinski's voice coming through it. "All units, suspect is on foot, heading into the Iron Works."

This is just getting better.

Crystal floored it towards the Iron Works, finding Derek hunched over next to a yellow vehicle. Scott opened the passenger side door and scrambled into the back, "Get in!"

The brunette behind the wheel watched as Argent stood on top of a building, pulling out a machine gun of some sorts. Her eyes widened,

"Holy hell!"

Derek sprinted to the car and leapt inside, just as Argent began shooting at the shiny black car. Without any further hesitation, Crystal sped off in to the night.

"What part of laying low didn't you understand!" Crystal yelled at the man who just slammed his fist in the dash board.

"Damn it! I had him!" The werewolf yelled.

Stiles shot forward and squeezed his body in between the two front chairs, almost sitting on Crystal's lap in the process. "Who? The alpha?"

"Yes! He was right in front of me until the freakin' police showed up." The werewolf complained.

"Woah, hey. They where just doing their jobs." Stiles defended his father as Crystal shook her head, chuckling under her breath. Derek just glared at the boy who immediately shrunk back under Derek's intense glare.

"Yeah," The beta turned his attention toward Scott who had become silent all of a sudden. "Thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state."

"Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumbass mistake, I get it!"

Crystal rolled her eyes. "Mhm."

"Alright!" Stiles flailed his arms about, stopping everyone's argument.

"How did you find him?" The buzzcut boy questioned as he leaned more forwards in his chair. Derek just shook his head as Crystal groaned.

"Can you at least try to trust us for like half a second?" The girl asked.

"Yeah, all of us." Stiles interjected, earning yet another glare from Derek. "Or them, yeah just them. I'll be back here."

Stiles leaned back in to the dark abyss of Derek's surprisingly comfy leather seats, gaining entrance for Scott to stick his head in between the two front chairs. Derek sighed. "Look, the last time I talked to my sister she was close to figuring something out, she found two things. The first was a guy named Harris."

Crystal swiveled her head around as Stiles squeezed in beside Scott.

"Our Chemistry teacher?" Stiles and Crystal questioned in unison.

"Why him?" Scott asked, shoving Stiles back in to the seats.

"I don't know," Derek admitted.

Sighing, Crystal asked, "What's the second?"

"Some kind of symbol." Derek then pulled out a small sheet of paper with a sketch on it, the picture looked familiar to Crystal, however she couldn't put her finger on it. Derek seemed to have noticed Scott going stiff.

"What? You know what this is?"

"I've seen it, on a necklace..."

Crystal glanced back at Scott questioningly as he sighed, muttering two words that had Crystal speeding off down the deserted roads of Beacon Hills even faster.

"Allison's necklace."

🌙

Grabbing her notebook from her locker, Crystal sighed as she slammed the locker door shut, coming face to face with a very serious looking Stiles.

"God! What the hell, dude?" The small brunette placed a hand over her chest, feeling the rapid heart beat.

"I need you to do something for me."

Crystal narrowed her eyes in suspicion, folding her arms across her chest.

"No, I will not play Mortal Kombat with you after school, you cheated last time."

Stiles stared at the girl confused for about ten seconds, before shaking his head. "Wha- I didn't cheat! And no, that's not what I came to ask...I need you to steal Allison's necklace."

Crystal immediately started chuckling and snorting like a mad-man, until she realised that Stiles was glaring at her with a serious expression. She immediately stopped laughing.

"Your serious?"

"Yes, deadly serious. And besides, your friends with her right? Maybe she would give it to you. You know, since Scott won't do it because she broke up with him." Stiles explained.

"What the hell am I supposed to say? I can't just steal her necklace, Stiles." Crystal began walking away, Stiles scrambling to catch up with her.

"You, um... You could say it would go nice with an outfit or something like that?" He tried.

Crystal stopped in her tracks and burst out laughing like a kid who was high on sugar.

"Me? You...aren't...serious...right!?"
The girl breathed out in between laughs as Stiles just furrowed his eyebrows at her.

"Criss, this isn't funny!" Stiles defended himself as he stared at the laughing girl who, after a few moments, calmed down.

"No, it's hilarious Stiles. Yeah, no--sorry, I'm going to have to pass on that offer." Crystal tapped his shoulder and shook her head, just in time to see a very frantic and frightened looking Scott walk her way.

"He knows!"

Both Stiles and Crystal furrowed their eyebrows and glanced at one another.

"Uh... Care to elaborate?"

"Jackson!" Scott glanced around to see if anyone was looking, then grabbed the two by the arm and began dragging them down the hallway.

"He knows I'm a werewolf." Scott whisper-yelled.

Crystals eyes grew wide, as did the pale boy beside her who shared worried glances.

"What! What the hell do you mean he knows? How did he find out!?" Crystal spoke as she walked beside the tanned boy, who had become a shade paler in the past thirty seconds. Crystal ran a hand through her hair in frustration. This is all they needed right now.

"I have no idea!" Scott panted as he flailed his arms around.

"Did he say it out loud?" Stiles questioned as he took in the sight of his panicked best friend.

"Say what out loud?" Asked Scott as he glanced at his two best friends in confusion.

"The word?" Stiles continued to press.

"What word?"

Crystal groaned and tapped Scott's chest. "Werewolf. Did he say the word werewolf, Scott?"

The aforementioned boy shook his head in response, "No, but he implied it pretty freaking clearly!"

"He's such a dick." Crystal mumbled, talking about Mr. Cheekbones.

To the other side of Scott, Stiles sighed in annoyance. "Okay, maybe it isn't as bad as it seems?"

Crystal and Scott sent the pale boy questioning looks. He sighed once more before continuing, "I mean, he doesn't have any proof, right? And if he wanted to tell someone who's gonna believe him anyway?"

Scott shot him a worried look. "How about Allison's father?"

Stiles' eyes widened in realisation. "Okay, it's bad."

The beta, one again, sighed in annoyance as a look of panic washed over his features. "I need a cure, right now."

"Does he know about Allison's father?" Crystal questioned. If Jackson knew about the hunters then all would be bad, very very bad. Scott would get his ass royally kicked.

"I don't know." The teenage boy admitted.

"Okay, where's Derek?" Stiles questioned as he stopped in his tracks, the other two following suit.

"Hiding like we told him to, why?" Crystal mentioned as Stiles glanced between his two friends.

"I have another idea, it's gonna take a little time and finesse, though." Stiles twitched his arms around to add affect along with his words, which made Crystal smile a little at his actions.

"We have a game tonight, and it's quarter finals, and it's your first game!" Scott exclaimed as Stiles sighed.

First game?

"I know, I know, look do you have a plan for Allison?" Stiles asked his best friend who nodded.

"Yeah, she's in my next class."

Stiles just nodded. "Get the necklace."

The boy then walked off. Crystal quickly turned towards Scott.

"Good luck, don't do anything I would!" Then ran after a very fast-paced walking Stiles.

"Hold up, hold up road runner. First game?" Crystal grabbed Stiles shoulder and spun him around to face her.

"Uh, oh yeah... I made first line?" Stiles said.

Crystals eyes immediately lit up at the news. "Oh my god, you did? Congratulations Stilinski!" Crystal patted him on the head as he chuckled and smiled at the small brunette in front of him.

"You know what, since I'm just that great a friend, I'll even make you a poster and everything." Crystal said, a smile planted firmly on her lips.

Stiles shook his head at her randomness, and looked at her, smiling.

Crystal shifted uncomfortably on her feet, glancing around the hallway nervously.

Things between the two had gotten a bit... Weird after the night of the full moon. The tension was clear between the two but neither dared to admit it, but the two noticed it; it hung in the air like a bad oder on a hot day. Crystal couldn't deny the warm feeling that bubbles in her stomach every time she laid eyes on the Stilinski kid, or the sweatiness of her palms when she got too close. Ever since that night, she hadn't felt the same towards him, she found a sense of comfort just laying there in his arms whilst he stroke her hair, whispering calming things to her as she choked down sobs. In a way, the girl longed for that feeling again, and she knew that it could only come from that one boy.

"Uh... So, see you at lunch then?" Crystal quickly spoke through the awkward glances and and tension filled air. Stiles, whom had been in a sort of daze; nodded and blinked furiously.

"U-uh, yeah, see you... At lunch- yes, lunch." The boy quickly scurried off in another direction, not without throwing a quick glance over his shoulder at the brunette, who stood in the exact same spot; questioning if those feelings she kept locked up in the pit of her stomach, would come bubbling to the surface.

🌙

Crystal sighed as she sat down on the rusty chair and placed her tray full of french fries on the table.

"So, I'm guessing your plan didn't go well." The girl piped up, gaining the two boys attention.

"Not exactly." Scott sighed

"What happened?" Stiles questioned as he bit in to his chicken tender. Crystal scrunched up her nose in disgust as she watched him battle with the food.

"She told me not to talk to her, at all."

Crystal huffed in annoyance and narrowed her eyes. "What? Why? What the hell did you do?"

Scott fidgeted in his seat and bit his lip nervously. "I-I sent her some pictures, to uh--to remind her of us? It didn't go so well."

Crystal's jaw dropped open in disbelief. "You sen- are you serious!?"

Stiles chimed in before any heads went rolling. "So... She's not giving you the necklace?"

"No, she's not giving me the necklace!" Scott snapped back.

Crystal sighed and picked up a fry. "You didn't find anything else out?"

"Just that I know nothing about girls and that they are totally psychotic." Scott sighed.

Crystal glared at the boy playfully and launched her fry at his head, aiming perfectly for his nose. "Watch it, McCall."

Scott returned the playful glare before Stiles interrupted. "Okay, I came up with a plan B just incase anything like this happened."

"Okay... What's plan B?" The beta asked.

"Just steal the stupid thing!" Stiles suggested. Crystal scoffed before turning towards Scott.

"He already tried that with me." The girl stuffed a few fries in her mouth and glanced around the room.

"Couldn't we at least try getting to Harris?" Scott questioned, ignoring Crystal's interjection.

"My dad put in in a twenty-four-hour protective detail, okay? The necklace is all we got, steal it, thank you." Stiles voice coming out muffled as he spoke with the chicken still in his mouth.

Crystal chuckled and threw a couple of fries at him, aiming perfectly at his head. The boy glared and grabbed a few of his fries and chucked them back at Crystal, the girl skilfully dodging the attack. Stiles narrowed his eyes and stuck his tongue out at her, who returned the favour, sticking her middle finger up in the process.

"Guys, he's watching us."

Scott's voice pulled Stiles and Crystal out of their battle, as the two teenagers glanced around the room in confusion.

"What? Who?" Crystal swivelled around in her chair not so gracefully before meeting the familiar eyes of Jackson Whittemore, who was glaring across the room with a smug smile on his face. Crystal had no option but to smile innocently and wave over exaggeratedly across the room, earning the attention of multiple people. Quickly swivelling around in her chair again, she came face to face with a pale looking Scott, and an even paler looking Stiles.

The beta, out of nowhere, suddenly winced as if something was about to hit him.

"What's wrong?" Stiles seemed to notice Scott's discomfort too.

"Jackson's talking to me, he knows I can hear him."

Stiles then began to slowly look towards Jackson, but earned a nudge from Scott, whispering a quick 'look at me'.

"Talk to me, act normal. Pretend that nothing's happening." Scott quickly glanced between his two best friends.

"Uh, so... How's it goin'?" Crystal tried to spike up conversation, but it seemingly not working as Scott's expression quickly changed to terror.

"Say something! Talk to me!" Scott nudged Stiles again, who just threw his arms up in defeat and shook his head.

"I can't think of anything! My minds blank."

Crystal scoffed and rolled her eyes.
"Your mind's blank? That's a first." The last part she mumbled to herself.

"You can't think of anything to say?" Scott pressed on.

"Not under this kind of pressure!" Stiles looked around the room, his gaze landing on the seat that was no longer occupied by Jackson.

"FYI, he's not even sitting with them anymore."

Crystal turned around in her seat, coming to find that Stiles was right, he wasn't there anymore.

Huffing, the teenager began eating her French fries again, totally done with this for one day. Seriously, not one minute can go by when Jackson isn't ruining everybody's day, and more specifically, ruining Crystals lunch time. All she wants in life is to sit peacefully eating her fries without getting interrup-

A large crack erupted throughout the room as everyone's eyes landed on her table. Crystals gaze landed on Scott, who had just snapped his tray in half.

🌙

Muffled cries where heard from outside the girls bathroom as Crystal walked past. Stopping in her tracks, the girl spun around and opened the bathroom door hesitantly.

"Hello?" The brunette's voice just above a whisper.

"Please, go away," A familiar frail voice echoed throughout the dully lit bathroom.

"Lydia?" Crystal walked further in to the bathroom, coming to a stop outside the cubicle that was locked.

"Lydia, it's Criss, open the door; what's wrong?" The brunette knocked ok the door as the sounds of small sobs emitted from behind the door. The sound of metal clicking caused the girl to step back a little. The door opened slowly, revealing a tear stained Lydia; her cheeks red and puffy, mascara plastered on them.

Crystal was caught off guard when a small body was slammed into hers, arms wrapping around her. Lydia cried in to Crystals shoulder as the brunette wrapped her arms around her best friend, rubbing her back in order to give her all the comfort she could offer.

"Hey, hey it's okay, it's okay." Crystal cooed as she held her strawberry blonde best friend. It absolutely broke Crystal to see her best friend like this. As soon as she finds out who done this to her, she swears she will kill them.

A few tears later, Lydia slowly gained composure and released Crystal from her grasp, wiping away at her eyes furiously.

"J-Jackson, he- he broke up with me."

Crystal swore her eyes grew saucers.
"He what?"

Lydia nodded. "Over a text!"

The brunette clenched her fists in fury as she ground her teeth together. "That dick-wad."

Lydia sniffled but released a chuckle, but then her features quickly changing in to sadness.

"Lydia, I don't know how many times I've told you this; but you know that you deserve someone so much better than him. He's an asshole, Lydia. All he cares about is popularity and Lacrosse, you deserve someone who is going to treat you right for who you are, not for who they want you to be. Now, let's get you cleaned up and show the whole of Beacon Hills who the hell Lydia Martin is." Crystal ran her hand up and down Lydia's arm in support. Lydia smiled and hugged Crystal again.

"I-I just don't understand, one minute we where perfectly fine, the next he's calling me 'dead weight'." Lydia winced as she recalled the memory. Crystals eyes widened. Lydia pulled out her phone and showed Crystal the text she had received.

FROM: Jackson

Lydia, please give back my spare house key at your earliest convenience, as we are no longer dating;)

Crystal began to walk towards the door, in search for Jackson.
"I'm going to rip his balls off and staple them too his head."

Lydia grabbed her arm to stop her.
"Please don't." The girl pleaded.

No matter how mad she was, or how much she did want to rip his balls off, she had to comfort her best friend right now. Crystal nodded and smiled sympathetically.

Lydia glanced in the toilet mirror and gasped in shock, not believing what she was seeing.

"Oh. My. God. I look like a heroine addict."

Now, that's the Lydia that Crystal knows and loves.

🌙

"Hey, Jackson!" Crystal advanced towards Jackson, who stood with a few members of the Lacrosse team.
At the sound of his name, he turned around and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"What do you wan-" Jackson was cut off by Crystals fist coming in to contact with his jaw; a loud crack echoing throughout the hallway.

Everyone stopped in their tracks to see Jackson fall to the floor, holding his jaw and grunting in pain.

"What the hell is your problem, Thomson?!"

Crystal bent down so that she was eye-level with Jackson, her glare burning holes through his skull.

"If you ever hurt her again dickhead, I swear to god; the next time I won't be so soft." Crystal spat out.

With one last glare, she stood up, straightening out her jacket; turned on her heel and strutted down the hallway, ignoring the stares of all of the awe-struck students.

~~~~~~~~~~

I apologise for any grammatical mistakes.

Oh my god, I'm sorry for not updating. But anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, this has to be one of my favourites.

-BuzzcutDylan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 4.6K 12
𝐒𝐋𝐈𝐏 | ❝We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside us.❞ ┌── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐ 𝐟𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐡�...
31.2K 765 13
{{THIS IS THE SEQUEL TO EMPTY•DEAN WINCHESTER. IF YOU HAVE NOT READ IT, I HIGHLY SUGGEST DOING SO}} Ashleigh remembered talking to Sam on the phone w...
19.1K 544 26
𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃 𝐂𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐒 𝐈𝐍| ❝︎When I wake up, I have to remember all over again that my dreams are not real and that reality is not a dre...
910K 20.8K 48
Luciana Roman was blamed for her mother's death at the age of four by her family. She was called a murderer until she was shipped onto a plane for Ne...