Retaliated

By Miss_Hoodnificent

This is the 9th book in my "Thug Love Series" be sure to have read the other 8 (Order on my profile descripti... More

Retaliated
Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
A Halloween Special
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
A Varomas Special Part 2
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
I know... I'm a fucking mess.
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Sequel

Chapter 5

9.6K 251 91
By Miss_Hoodnificent

Retaliated: Chapter 5

~A Few Days Later~
~Trey P.O.V.~

"Where the fuck you been?" I asked with a laugh as Breezy came walking up to my porch. He clearly went back to blonde as I watched him rub his hand over the blonde mess and rest on the back of his neck. "You were supposed to be here an hour ago, it ain't like you to be late like that."

"I was ready to go but Vonnie... I don't know what the fuck they slipped in the faucets but she was just- she was just making it hard for me to leave. Her affectionate-touch-all-over-me-havin' ass." He said as he dapped me. "I had to legit pry her off and make a mad dash out the house."

"I wish Trina was that way, she's so fast to put me outside." I said with a shake of my head. "Anyways, let's pick up the money for Dad and then head over to Uncle Varo's-"

"We can't go to Varo's. He's out with Isabella for the next few hours. We'll go tomorrow." Oh shit, I forgot. Dammit Isabella, your ass ain't needa occupy Uncle Varo's time. Go take up Tavian's time before we-all-know-who does.

"We're walking there." I said as I followed him off the porch. Tonight I go on my date with Trina, then the club with everyone else and drinks at the crib... I was looking too forward to that. "Aye, you wouldn't happen to still have Honey's number, huh?" I asked.

"What?"

"Honey's number. Sa número pera só telefone?" (Her number for her phone. )

"I understood in english." He said with a laugh. "Just don't understand why you'd want her number but yeah her number on my old phone. When I get home I'll text it to you." The fact you went out and got a completely new phone as well as number just for the sake of someone not having your number... Fucking hysterical.

***

"You got your gun with you, right?" I asked in a quieter tone as we approached our general location. This was an area I wasn't exactly familiar with. Ty assured me it was chill and nothing was bound to pop off but he didn't realize I was bringing Breezy with... so I wanted to be prepared because too much happens when it's Breezy and I doing a job.

"Nah." He said and I looked at him with one of the most dumbfounded looks I could give him. "Were you in my skin when Vonnie was feeling me up for my gun? Oh you weren't? Then don't look at me like that. You're lucky I even managed to make it out the door in one piece." He said which left me laughing. "Yeah, laugh it up now but you got yours?"

"Always." I said as I brought mine out and took off the safety. "You take the gun and cover me while I focus on just the initial money pick up." He nodded as I handed him the gun. The both of us continued to walk onto the scene. Debris scattered around the ground and a rundown shack right in the center. Looking around, I saw some tore up orange bandanas which lead me to believe this was probably Double O-G's territory at one point but not anymore.

I stepped inside and saw a few pairs of eyes rest on me... awkward. Brushing of that feeling, I moved on to the back and Breezy was right behind me. Seeing the nigga I needed, I knocked on the wall just to let him know I was here because the last thing I need is to accidentally scare a nigga and then he shoots. Like I said, I'm learning to be more smart in this drug game, even if it's something as small as knocking on a wall.

"What's good?" The man said as he looked over at Breezy and I suspiciously. "Who the fuck are y'all?"

"Chill out, homie." I said with a small laugh."We ain't here for bullshit, we're here to pick up Lexis' money you owe." I continued to say as I approached him.

"Oh, aight." He said as he motioned for one of his trap girls to come up. He whispered into her ear and she nodded before walking of."She's getting it." I nodded. "So why's Lexis got his Lady G's out at night? Saw 'em running through my hood."

"Shit, I wasn't even aware Dad had his night crawler crew. I woulda joined so fast with Breezy over here." I said as I pointed back to Breezy. "But if anything, I bet they were just committing hits. He usually has us do that at night."

"They were poking around my hood before disappearing in the graveyard. Lexis is bold to send his Lady G's off IRG territory like that." He said with a small laugh of his own before pulling out a box of cigarettes. He offered me one but I decline, then offered Breezy one; who naturally took one.

"He really is, but it's not like they're out of West Side so it's not really all that bold." I shrugged. "They went through your hood but didn't stop by to get the money?" He shook his head. "Figures, always making me doing the day work while everyone else gets the dope shit at night. He does me so wrong, as his first son from his current wife, I feel as though that's fucked." Breezy was over there laughing and so was this guy but nothing funny was said. Anyways, the girl came back with a small sack and she handed it to me.

"That's all of it, tell Lexis I'll hit him up when I need another shipment." He reached over and dapped me, then dapping Breezy.

"Peace." Breezy and I said in unison. We walked back the exact way we came and in no time at all we were back on the main street with a bag o drug money. That honestly went by really fast... Usually niggas gotta count all the money, band it, bag it then send us on our way with it but this nigga had his money already ready...that's business done right.

"Did you really need that cigarette? That damn smoke and I thought your ass quit?" I asked as I looked over at him. He handed me back my gun and took the cigarette away from his mouth to breath out more smoke before speaking.

"I was clean for a while, one wouldn't hurt." He shrugged. "Better than me fucking with a narcotic or an amphetamine."

"I better not hear your ass complain about your lungs hurting if we running from a drive by." I said with a laugh. He put it one last time to his mouth, inhaled deeply and then dropped it on the ground. Stepping on it and then letting the smoke out. "Yeah, that's what I thought."

***

"So since when was graveyard duty now an option?" I asked as I dropped the bag on Dad's desk. "I want in if it means all I gotta do is wander around y'alls old hood and the graveyard. Shit, Breezy, August, Ty, Twins and I would have that shit on lock."

"That was fast but there is no graveyard duty and your little squad is sure as hell not doing it." Fucking bum. "But everything went smoothly?"

"Alwa-"

"No, not always but good. Whatever shit you're hearing about graveyards, leave it alone. I have no interests for that area and neither should you. Now get out of my office because your presence is making me uneasy.'

"Wow, Dad. Let me tell Mom how you feel towards one of her sons-"

"She'll agree with me. Get gone, I got a lot of phone calls to make. Thank you for the pick up." I just chucked up the deuces and headed out of the old man's office, closing the door behind me. I heard Uncle Varo's wild ass laughter from the main room and saw him fall back in his rolling chair while Uncle Arlie and Uncle Javier sat at the table.

"Uncle Varo?" I questioned. "What's so funny?" I asked looking between all three Uncles. The two at the table continued to watch Uncle Varo roll around as his laughter got even louder.

"All I said was Heather and I were on the rocks and he fell back. I don't even know what's so funny about that." Uncle Arlie said with a shake of his head. "This is why I don't tell your ass a damn thing, Varo."

"Nigga, you can not sit here and tell me this isn't like high school all over again. I find this shit so hilarious, all we need is Ivette and Joey and we can all live in the past again." Uncle Varo said when he hoisted himself back into the chair and wiped the tears from his cheeks. "This is beautiful, remember the days, Javioli?"

"He had a point-" Uncle Arlie just got up from the table and left, sending Uncle Varo into another laughing frenzy. His laugh started to get me laughing and then Uncle Javier started to laugh-

"Shut the fuck up or get the fuck out, I'm on the phone!" Dad yelled from his office.

"Fuck no." Uncle Varo said. "Shit, I got to laugh, them niggas on the other end of that phone know who's laughter that is in the background." He said right back. 'Anyways, I've wasted too much time with Arlina, so I'll see y'all on Sunday. Dinner at my house." He dapped the both of us and made his great escape... I could have swore I needed to ask him something? God dammit, I hate when this happens.

~Trina P.O.V.~
~That Evening~

I just finished my shift for the night and I'm glad I squeezed in an extra shift before my date with Trey. Due to Trey being the biggest asshole that was added to my life, I still don't have my car. I don't know what the hell he did with it but seeing his cheesy ass smile every time he picks me up from the strip makes me want to just knock his teeth out.

"That smirk." I said when I got in his car. "I'll use your windshield wiper to wipe it off you if you can't do it yourself."

"Well aye to you too, baby. I had a great day at work, how was your day?'

"It was fine. Time flew by, so we're stopping by my place right? Or did you break into my place, throw together an outfit and take it to your place?" This isn't normal by any means. I'm literally questioning if he broke into my place as if this is something that is commonly asked.

"Too much work, just taking you to your place and then we're out." I looked over at him and he was dressed rather nicely for a change. A black button down with the first few buttons undone so some parts of his tattoos were poking through. A simple chain, not a thick one, and what I assume to be Trues because God forbid his Dad let this boy buy any jeans that aren't trues. "We got reservations so you gotta hurry up a bit."

"I don't take three lifetimes to get ready. I already have my outfit picked out in my head." He pulled up to my place and we both got out. Getting my keys out of my purse, I unlocked the door for us and threw everything on the living room couch before going down to the bathroom to start the shower. While it was warming up, I jogged to my room and started to get all the pieces to my outfit laid out on the bed. (A/N: Outfit in the media section, if Wattpad allows it to be there.)

"You ready to go?" I asked when I walked into the living room to grab my keys off the couch and get my wallet out of the other purse to put into the one I was taking. It was quiet and I looked up to find Trey just staring at me. "Are you ready?" I asked again.

"Yee, I'm good to go but damn , Trina." I watched his eyes look at me from head to toe and then back up to my eyes.

"Is it too much? because I can quickly change into something more low-key so your ass doesn't drool." I said which got him to laugh. "Aight then, let's go." I walked out of my place first and waited for Trey to walk out so I could lock the door. As he walked by me, I got a hard slap right across my ass. "Ow! Trey, knock it off!" I snapped at him as he continued to laugh.

"But that jiggle though, I couldn't resist." I double checked my door and followed him back to his car, but I kept a good distance between us. "On some serious this, thank you for finally going out on a serious date with me."

"Yeah, you're welcome."I reached across and gave him a kiss on his cheek. "Smack my ass again when I least expect it and I'm gonna to bite you."

"Real quick, you got a jacket right?" I nodded and held up the white blazer that was resting over my arm. "Good, 'cause it gets chilly when you're on the rooftop-"

"No. Trey, you know I don't like high end-"

"That's you. I'm me, I wanna be high up to see some shit. You'll like it, it's not as high end as your thinking."

"I'd seriously be just fine with getting McDonald's and taking a ferry to Alcatraz to eat there."

"I don't wanna be near a prison. I've already done some time, don't wanna be near those places again."

***

Sitting at the rooftop, we were waiting for our dessert and as much as I'd hate to admit it, I was actually having a pretty good time. I reached for my glass of red wine and took a sip as Trey sat more forward on the table.

"What are you thinking?" I asked when I set my glass back down.

"Just how beautiful you look right now. Especially with how the lighting is and the color of your dress against your dark skin. Just looks flawless."

"Thank you. I'm surprised that's what's on your mind, of all things."

"Why's that?"

"I'd expect sex to be on your mind because that's just how you are." He laughed a little with a shake his head.

"Nah, not right now. When we're back in Oakland in our hood; yes but while we're here; no." Wow Trey, I gotta hand it to you. Talk about a side of you I've never seen, I wanna know what other sides you have. "What are you thinkin' about?"

"This was a nice dinner. You really know where to take a woman for dinner." That cocky smirk he had for a split second had me chuckle. "Don't let that compliment get to your head."

"Too late." The server came back to our table with a platter. He set my dessert down first, then Trey's and finally he left the bill. 'Don't even think about it. Leave the bill where it is, I got it all."

"Let me just pay half-"

"No."

"The tip-"

"You can get my tip later but you leave the one on the table alone." I was waiting for to say something along those lines all evening. I rolled my eyes and before I even got the chance to just look at the check, he already pulled it to his side of the table. "Eat your cake, drink your wine and hush." Next time we ever hang out, I'm paying. He could have at least let me pay for half instead of be an ass and pay it all.

"On a serious note, how much longer do you see yourself being involved with IRG? Don't some members choose to leave?" I asked and he looked up at me with a questionable expression. "Just a question out of curiosity.

"I'm next to run the gang whenever my Dad decides to step down or dies before he's able to choose when he steps down. To me, the life I live is what I view as normal. To you, it's probably insane but I was born right into the drug game but yes some members do leave and it's either by way of suicide or homicide by our own gang members."

"So even if you wanted to leave, you really can't?" He shook his head. "Is there a piece of you that's ever curious about what life would be like outside the drug game?" It was just us on the rooftop by this point which is why I assume Trey is talking so openly about all this.

"There are times where I wonder what it's like to walk down the street and not have to watch over my shoulder because of some rival gang but at the end of the day I ride for my gang so I die for it if need be." He shrugged. "Why so curious?"

"I just wonder why you don't quit with me. I figured you were into females who were just as into the drug game as you, not some stripper."

"You're my personal stripper; there's a difference. But nah, I don't want my love life entitled to the drug game. That's the one thing that's not associated with my occupation." I think this is the first time I've actually had a real conversation with him that wasn't playful like how they usually are. "I'm drawn to you because you're not scared of the fact I'm gang bangin'. The women I go after only fuck with me till they realize how seriously involved I am with my gang. Why are you so comfortable with-"

"Because I'm open minded and I don't limit my relationships with people based on their lifestyle. I know you'd never hurt me in any type of way, no matter how many times I see a gun on you. We all die eventually and if I die because I associate with you, then so be it. My friendship with you- and Breezy for that matter- is a friendship I really like so why leave?" I took a bite of my cake and looked up to see a soft smile now on his face. He reached across the table and grabbed my free hand, intertwining his fingers with mine. "Nigga, don't get soft on me."

"I'm not gonna get soft on you. I just wanna hold you hand, damn." He let go of my hand just as fast as he grabbed it and pushed his plate off to the side. I had a few bites left of my cake and some wine still so I was focusing on that- till I saw Trey slip two hundred dollar bills into the little bill thing. "Not one word, just finish and then we can go."

***

After a little while, we were at the club. We needed some fun, especially after our discussion. When I walked in, I instantly saw Breezy, August, and Paris standing by the bar. Trey's arm comfortably around my waist as he lead the way among the crowd of people till we got to over to them.

"Aye, what's good?" Breezy said as he gave me a side hug and of course dapped Trey. I moved along to giving Paris and August a hug. "Ty and Truffles said they'd be on their way in about an hour. Truffles had to work later than she thought." Breezy continued to say.

"Y'all are dressed up as fuck." August said as he looked from me to Trey. He was almost more casually dressed than Trey but nonetheless, a man could never go wrong with tan cargo jeans and a black short sleeve V-neck. Plus that was a look that August usually gets away with, despite the occasion. Paris was dressed up a little more than him and they seemed to match as far as colors went.

"Just got back from the city." I said into his ear since the club was starting to get even louder. Trey was off in a conversation with Breezy as he still kept his arm right around my waist... I couldn' get away even if I tried. "No Vonnie?" August shook his head. "Breezy, where's my Vonnie at?" I asked as I tugged on his chain to get his head closer to mine.

"At home, why?"

"Why ain't she here, I could be dancing with her right about now."

"She not for clubs anymore; plus she's closing up at Romeo's tonight." Well that made me sad but alright. Some female came walking up to Trey and Breezy. August, Paris and I just kind of looked and Breezy ended up walking off with her to the dance floor.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom right quick, stay here with August and Paris." Trey said into my ear and I gave a nod.

"I'm gonna get a drink, do you want something for when you get back?" I quickly asked before he walked off.

"Whatever you get, I'll have." Again I nodded and he escaped off into the crowd of people. As for me, I slipped my way through the people who were crowding around the bar. Nothing like trying to maneuver around people who have clearly spent too much time drinking but I finally wedged my way through.

"What can I get you?" The bartender asked when he walked on up to me.

"What specials do you have right now?" I asked but he clearly couldn't hear me. "What specials do you have right now?!" I yelled out a little louder but this group of loud ass niggas wouldn't shut up for two seconds and the bartender still couldn't hear me. "What-"

"She askin' what specials y'all got." A man said as he rested a hand on my back and stepped up to the bar right next to me. So now the bartender can hear? Bullshit but fine. "Nearly screamin' to get a drink." He said with a small laugh.

"I would have just climbed onto the counter and yelled in his ear if need be but thank you." I small little menu thing with a list of drinks was handed my way and I took a peek.

"Not a problem. What's ya name?" He asked close to my ear. He and I were basically pressed against each other because these apes around us just couldn't stand still at the damn bar.

"Trina and yours?"

"Drake."

~Breezy P.O.V.~

Sitting in one of the chairs, I had Chardonnay right on my lap with one of her arms around my neck. I had already had a few drinks with August and Paris earlier so I was just kind of chilling out by this point.

"It's been a while since I've seen you." She nearly sang so smoothly into my ear. "We barely hang out anymore."

"That's because I'm caught up in a lot of things. We still talk though."

"I know but I miss you." Her other hand was dangerously close to my belt and I swear I'm not looking for any foolishness, not after what happened earlier with Vonnie. I don't wanna be felt up or anything, a nigga just wants to chill. "I want you to come over tonight."

"I'm game for sleepovers but not tonight, Chardonnay." She wasn't all too fond of that response and in turn she started to create more space between us. Good, make more space and let me sit in this chair by myself. I don't even feel like talking to be honest... kinda just wanna go home and sleep. Was a slipped something in a drink, 'cause I'm like never tired at night. Did't even do much today but I don't feel any different, just genuinely tired.

She was about to say something but the music was quickly cut off when the sound of bottles crashing on the floor snapped all of our attentions over to the bar. I stood up and pushed Chardonnay off my lap so I could see. I pushed my way through the crowd of people and saw August being escorted out along with Paris. Still looking around, I saw Trey and some kid straight up throwing hand behind the counter. Trina was trying to climb over the counter and I quickly pulled her off before she got hurt, before I jumped over the counter and pulled Trey back.

"Trey!" Trin yelled. "Trey fucking stop!" She continued to yell with worry clear in her voice as more bouncers came and grabbed the other kid. Bouncers looked over at me and started to make their way over.

"I got him restrained, I'm takin' him out." I said as I began to pull him in the other direction to where the bar section opened. Trina came running around to meet us and I followed her out through the back where I let Trey go. "What the fuck happened?" I asked as Trey held his eye and blood was starting to run down his hand.

"Motherfucking Drake was all up on Trina and she was trying to get him to leave her alone. I told him to back away 'cause he was making her uncomfortable and he got a smart mouth with me so I just grabbed a bottle and it started from there- fuck my damn eye!" Trina walked up to him and moved his hand.

"You need to go to the hospital Trey, your eyelid is split and you have a gash above your eyebrow." She said and I took a look. "Trey, you should have just let him go-"

"Trina, his ass was bothering you- Oh and then August jumped in but bouncers instantly got his ass before he even hopped over the bar counter. At this point after I had grabbed the bottle and smashed him with it, I threw him over the counter and he pulled me over. Paris of course went out with August and then you were tryna get involved." He said looking down at Trina.

"How fast did this all fucking go down?" I asked.

"It literally happened in the matter of seconds, like when Trina told him to leave her alone and he kept pressing, it bothered the fuck out of me and I just snapped." Trina was unbuttoning Trey's shirt and pulled it off of him, then bunching it up and pressing it to Trey's eye.

"Oh shit, fam you need to get to the hospital. We'll discuss it later, Trina can you drive him? I'm not table enough to drive him." She nodded her head and reached into Trey's pocket to get his keys. "Just take him home after the hospital and I'll come by his place tomorrow."

"I'll see you tomorrow, Breezy." He dapped me and I gave Trina a quick hug before they walked down the alley and turned at the end. I walked down the other end and quickly found August's car with him sitting on the hood as well as Ty, Truffles and Paris standing around.

"There you are. Where's Trey and Trina?" Ty asked as he dapped me.

"Trina's talking him to the hospital real quick. You two okay?" I asked August and Paris. The both of them nodded. "That's who Drake is by the way."

"Trey wasn't having it and I tried to jump in. Paris wouldn't let me and then bouncers were here." He said breathing out a sigh of frustration. "I hate when shit pops off a clubs like that. The fuck I get kicked out for? I didn't even touch a nigga-"

"Drake was taken out too. Don't know where he is but he was escorted out." I said.

"I wanna jump that fucking kid. Let Trey heal up and we can get the twins in on it too as well as the three of us." August continued to say. "The hell he gonna do?"

"Who started it?" Ty asked.

"Drake provoked Trey but Trey got physical first." Paris spoke up. "Can we all just go home and cool off before doing anything? Yeah it's fucked things got heated but are you really gonna go jump the kid? What if he decides to jump y'all back?"

"Let him, shit. Just put a bullet through him the second time-"

"August, stop. You're still fucked up from all the drinks."Paris snapped at him. "I'm taking him back to his place, don't y'all going jumping the kid." Paris continued to say. "Come on Breezy, I'll drop you off at home before I take August's ass." I nodded and got in the back of Paris' car while August got up front. "Breezy you're not-"

"I'm not doing anything. I'm not lookin' for shit with street kids." I assured her. The both of them up front started to argue and I just laid back, putting my earbuds in my ears and toning them out. I just really don't feel like myself, I just feel way too relaxed given that I'm a nigga with ADHD.

~Vonnie P.O.V.~

Laying in bed, Breezon decided he wanted to sleep in my bed so he was just cuddled into my chest as he slept. I was watching TV and then I heard the turn of the lock to the front door. I carefully crawled out of bed and walked out of the room, then down the stairs to see Chris struggling with the chain on the door.

"Need help?" I asked as I approached. He stepped aside and I latched the chain for him. "You alright?"

"Yeah, just tired." He walked over to the kitchen and grabbed a cup from the shelf, filling it with water from the tap and I wrapped my arms around him from behind. Tucking my hands under his shirt.

"Was everything okay? Did you have fun?" I asked to create some small talk. Lately I've felt bad for being so distant with him and wanted to start spending more time with him. I just want to be on really good terms for Breezon's sake.

"It was fun up till the end but I'll tell you more tomorrow. I just wanna go lay down." He set his glass down and turned around to face me. "Breezon in his room?"

"No, he crawled into my bed."

"Then you're coming in my mine." He looked really out of it, like it was obvious.

"Do not tell me you were smoking." I said as I let go of him and took a step back."Chris, if you're high-"

"I'm not high. There wasn't any smoking or weird ass drugs. I was just drinking." No you weren't. You're on something because you're never like this after drinking. I'm not going to start an argument, we'll discuss in the morning.

I turned off the lights downstairs and helped get him upstairs into his room. He sat down on the side of his bed and I helped get him out of his shirt and jeans, just leaving him in his socks and boxers. He laid back against his pillow and I turned off the light before starting to walk back to my room-

"Vonnie please stay with me." As disappointed as I am with him right now, I just walked back to my room to turn off the TV and then walked back to Chris' room, crawling onto the bed and got under the blankets. His breathing was starting to worry me since it didn't sound right and now this leaves me worried.

I obviously won't be getting any sleep tonight because instead I'm going to have to be watching him. It's stuff like this that makes me upset. I'm living with him because he didn't want to do the separate households for Breezon and I agreed. He and I still aren't anything more than just two friends with a child, which eats away at me and all I ask is that he's careful about what he does.

Things need to change because what we have right now is just not something I'm happy with.

___________________

Regarding Tilly Beans' kids, they're mentioned / brought about in her short story "Play With Me" (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 34.5K 36
Again, we made it to yet another sequel. Just when you thought the gang had settled down, it's time to let the next generation of Thugs take over and...
Redemption By Miss G

Teen Fiction

851K 22.9K 40
This is the book that follows "Redrum" and the 7th book in my "Thug Love Series". The Order Is On My Profile Description and I hope you enjoy what th...
Red Nation By Miss G

Teen Fiction

1.2M 30.6K 43
Trey is the 18 year old clever gang raised boy straight from Oakland. Born into the gang life he quickly adjusts to life based on selling and killing...
66.6K 1.6K 48
Last one ... I promise 🙂 MUST READ ALL 4 BOOKS OF WHAT IS LOVE SERIES FIRST