Memoirs of a discontented teen

By elilah_b

The raw thoughts of a discontented teen. To say I obsess about the past is an understatement. It takes a long... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Authors Note
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 11

181 22 22
By elilah_b

This Chapter was inspired by the song " I'm Yours " by Justine Skye featuring Vic Mensa.

The way he held onto the steering wheel of his car was dainty. He removed a joint from his wallet, took a lighter from his front pocket and lit it up. His car upholstery already smelt like weed when I got in. His eyes never left the road while he did this. It looked like he had mastered this skill before he mastered how to walk.

The smell of weed coats my skin, hair and clothes. I make a mental note to get him potpourri and car freshener whenever I get the chance. Zakari catches my eye before I can turn away filling me with sheer embarrassment.

"Do you smoke?", he asked. His soft lips are stretched into a smile as he offers his joint to me.

"Occasionally", I lied. I accepted the joint from him and had a go at it. It was my first time smoking anything but I didn't want him to know that after the lecture I gave him about drinking whiskey.

It didn't hit me immediately like I thought it would. It took me a couple of rounds to get used to it and when I did, it was euphoric! My sensations were enhanced.
Impatient by Jeremiah featuring Ty Dolla $ign was blazing through the car stereo speakers and the sounds being emitted were incredible. It was all unbelievably pleasurable and it became harder to hold back laughter when we spoke about the craziest things.

In truth the ride back to my place from the party was long to a degree. But with the both of us being high time appeared to slow down and it felt like we had been driving for hours and I could tell that he was a little tired.

"Do you know how to drive?", asked Zakari. His voice was sheepish and he stifled a yawn.

"No, I don't know how.", I said burying my face in my hands.

"Are you serious?", he said between laughs. "It's super easy. First you have to make sure your car is greased up. Then you slip the clutch in the right gear and drive, driving slow is helpful in getting better mileage. If you like to drive fast you can touch the accelerator and give your car juice. A few break applications can cause some noise like a high pitched sound though or a vibration and force is past through. This happens because some properties slightly change when it gets heated as you drive-"

"Man are we still talking about driving a car?", I interjected, looking at him with raised eyebrows.

Suddenly, he started laughing and laughing and wouldn't stop. "Woman you are going straight to hell.", he said finally, wiping a tear from the corner of his eye.

You have to know a person well to make them laugh like that. I've only known Zakari for a couple of hours and we just click. Surely this is too good to be true.

They say that one can know a man from his laugh, and if
you like a man's laugh before you know anything of him, you may confidently say that he is a good man.

He flashed one of his infectious grins my way. What a living work of art. I craved to run my fingers on the contours of his face. I adore the subtle tilt of his head when he turns onto the road, my road, I'm almost home. Dammit! I wish the distance would be extended just so I could be with him longer.

"Can I ask you something?", he spoke.

"Yeah sure."

"Are you free tomorrow? I want to see you again.", he says pulling into my driveway.

Already my brain is on fire. Every single cell in my body has became satiated with immense pleasure. I flush lightly when I realized Zakari is waiting for a response. I didn't even notice that he was already parked outside my house. He got out of the car and walked to my door to open it. This is swoon worthy right?

It was a moonless night with the sky dark and set low. There was a cool breeze but the wind whispered sweet nothings. The next moment was maximum intensity for me.

"I want to see you again but I have to study for my finals.", I said finally, biting my lower lip.

"I could help you study! I'm actually pretty smart. We can go to my place, a change in scenary does wonders when you want to study. C'mon say yes!", he insisted, rubbing his hands briskly with a huge smile plastered on his face. I laughed recklessly, throwing my head back.

"Okay, my studying methods are unconventional though, you have been warned and-". A grinning Zakari fist pumped the air interrupted me, he was so cute.

"I'll be prepared, pick you up at 10?"

"Sounds great..oh and thank you."

"For what?"

"Bringing me home and not asking questions about what happened at the party."

He pulled me in for a hug and said softy, "Don't mention it." My face lit up and I savored the warmth of his body against mine.

We parted, exchanged numbers and he gave me one last smile before jumping back in his car and driving out.

I made my way inside my home, that was no warmer inside than outside, with my heart-pounding, mind-racing, barely containable excitement.

...

I'm pretty sure that somewhere up there, someone is smiling fondly at me.

I don't believe in fate, love songs, cheesy romantic gestures, fantasizing about relationships in old romantic movies or finding a soul mate. I'm a realist. And proud to say so.

But meeting Zakari changed everything. I've been the happiest person these past few weeks ever since I met him. And he has been the remedy to all my problems.

That one day I spent studying at his place turned into a routine. Even when exams started, I'd go there after school and he'd help me study for my next paper. Studying with him is so much fun! He gives me gummy bears as incentives after he's pleased with an essay I've written. Listens to me attentively when I try and teach whatever I'm trying to study because that's the only way I'll remember it. And surprises me with my favorite candy!

He treats me like he's trying to win me over. We have so much in common, which is probably why he has me wrapped around his finger. I feel completed like a plant that has been watered. Can you believe he's managed to make me say cheesy stuff like this.

The only problem is we haven't defined our relationship. Which is utterly shocking for me. I've never been in a relationship that doesn't have a label attached to it. Oh and he hasn't kissed me yet!

Flirting is something that has always lacked clarity for me. The other day I tried flipping my head to the side in a sexy slow motion kind of way but it only made me look like I was having an exorcism.

I bite my lip as I watch him typing his assignment on his laptop. He's shirtless on his bed, laying flat on his tummy, while I write some notes on his back for support. Yeah we're that cozy!

I want to ask him how he feels about dating me exclusively so that there's no ambiguity. But I don't quite know how to put it in words.

Memories jump me like muggers in the darkness. I've come to the grim conclusion that my whole dating experience has been like riding a bicycle. You fall a lot at first but eventually get hit by a car when changing lanes. And because of that I have this potential fear for disaster which was enormous, like a family picnicking on the train tracks.

I was fidgeting with my pencil in my hand and asked nervously, "Hey can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, wassup?", he said, turning his attention away from the screen to look at me.

"Are we going to operate under the expectation of monogamy?"

He laughed hard and long, then
stopped when he saw that I was dead serious. "What are are you trying to say?"

"At what point do I get to call you mine?", I asked leaning in closer to him and smiling.

"Victoria, I have a girlfriend."

******************************
Hey guys!
Are we loving the new book cover? Special shoutout to
@ImMadster for creating it.

Photo of Zakari in the chapter*

Please consider voting and commenting as you read. Your support means a lot.

Thank you ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138 17 12
"Shit happens." "Even bullshit does." "But the goddamn thing is..no one's here to flush it." "The most awful point being it stinks as hell. Yuck!" "B...
596 112 11
"Betrayed by love"
51.5K 3.2K 38
A girl who's just trying to believe she's worthy of love (Very lesbian story so go away if you aren't a lil gay girly) -currently editing-
9.1K 465 53
Don't take it personal this my first book on here.