Violation (The Maze Runner, N...

By azulantux

Book Two in 'The Twisted Series' / Sequel to The Original Wendy: Group A, Subject A78, The Replacement a gle... More

The Beginning
1 - Sirens
2 - Believe Me
3 - Following The Leader
4 - Scarves
5 - Fire in Your Eyes
6 - Well Then
7 - Quit Screaming At Me
8 - Prophecy
9 - Pick a Job
10 - Bruised and Scared
11 - Feeling Holey
12 - Newbie
13 - Nicer than Usual
Song Suggestion
14 - Training
15 - Catching Up With Chuck
16 - I Miss You
17 - To Black Ashes
18 - Purple and Blue
19 - Time Flys
20 - Dreamland
21 - Wake Up
22 - Strawberries
23 - Black Hair and Blue Eyes
24 - Lets Try This Again
25 - We Kissed
26 - Clicks and Whirrs
27 - Solid Memories
28 - Waking Up and Bad News
29 - The Creators
30 - She Made Me Forget
31 - Bare Skin and Nerves
32 - Dawn Rose and Hell Greeted Me
33 - Don't Throw The Strawberries, Please!
35 - He Gets The Girls
36 - Keep Running
37 - Throw The Spears, War is Coming
Epilogue
Aversion
Thank You

34 - It's Not That Hard!

1.8K 67 68
By azulantux

Chapter 34 - It's Not That Hard!

[Recap: Teresa wakes up from her short coma and has Wendy and Thomas explain to her where she is and every ounce of information she needs to know. After, they proceed to go check on Alby who apparently can be cured by a liquid from the sting he received by a Griever]

Newt guided Wendy to the Med-Jacks room, the place where Alby was now held in ever since Wendy had gotten better. Apparently, Minho and Jeff had to strap him down because of the effects of the sting: he was screaming, clawing at people, and even foaming at the mouth because he had gone a day without any sort of treatment, but that was going to change. A serum was sent up along with Teresa, who herself, claims that it could cure Alby. And they were about to see if it was true or not so when they reach the building, Newt and Wendy tumble in swiftly.

Thomas, Teresa, and Jeff were already inside, all heads turning towards them as Wendy closed the door behind the pair.

"What's this all about again?" Newt asked as he guided himself and Wendy next to Alby's bed.

"Teresa had these in her pocket." Thomas told him, holding up two small bottles of blue liquid. "We thought it could help Alby."

"We don't even know what this stuff is." Newt protested as he took the items in his free hand. "We don't know who sent it, it came up here with you," he said, pointing at Teresa. "and for all we know, this thing could kill him."

"He's already dying." Thomas pointed out. "Look at him. How could this possibly make it any worse?"

Wendy looked over at Alby to see the man pulsing and thrashing around underneath the straps that held him down. She tore away her gaze and looked over to see Newt looking sadly at the man too.

"Come on, it's worth a try."

Newt hesitated before sighing, "Alright. Do it." he said, but then thrusted the liquid into Thomas' hands.

Thomas grabs it and works around Newt before leaning over Alby, the needle part positioned over his neck. He looks up at Wendy for confirmation,  and she nods, so he mutters an 'okay' before looking down at Alby again, but the man grabs Thomas's shirt and hauls the boy down to him.

Newt goes to grab Thomas, and Wendy tries to bring him back too, but the grip Alby had on him was unbreakable.

"You shouldn't be here!" the stung leader yells. "It was you, it was always you—"

Now everyone was trying to push Alby down and break Thomas from his hold as Newt yelled, "Get the syringe!"

The meshed together voices and screams blended together as Wendy grabbed the cure from Thomas' hands and plunged it into Alby's chest.

They all breathe a sigh of relief as he lets go of Thomas and closes his eyes, the medicine taking over quickly. Wendy looks up to see Newt and Thomas sharing a look before both of their eyes met hers.

"It's not that hard." she mumbled as she swiped hair out of her face.

Jeff chuckled and breathed in, "Well that worked, I guess. Nice job."

Newt looks up at Wendy and Thomas to see scratch marks littering their arms, and Wendy could practically see the leader side of him kick in. "For now on, someone stays here and watches him all around the clock."

Wendy nodded and a number of "agreed" filled the air before a new member joined the hectic mess.

"Hey."

Teresa and Wendy whip their heads around to see Gally standing there with an emotionless face.

"Sun down, Greenie, time to go." he addressed, and Wendy frowned when she saw Thomas began to move.

"Wait, what?" she asked, "Where's he going?"

Gally crosses his arms, "One night in the slammer."

Wendy clears her throat and eyes him down, "For what?" she tells him, "Saving the guys life? Yeah, he definitely needs a punishment for that, I mean, it's not like the leader would be dead or anything if it wasn't for him." she muttered sarcastically.

Gally walked forward towards the girl, Teresa eyeing everyone in room as it played out. "Listen here, shank—"

"Oh screw you, Gally." she spit before storming out of the room, and she heard a chorus of laughter behind her before Newt and Teresa followed her out as well.

"Is he always like that?" Teresa asked her when her and Newt caught up to Wendy.

Wendy nodded her head and chuckled, "Since I've met him, yeah."

"I thought he was quite nice at first." Teresa commented, "But seeing as though you spit in his face, I'm probably wrong."

Wendy and Newt laughed as the pair laced their hands together and spoke about things going on in the glade.

"What's your big deal with strawberries anyways?" Teresa asked as she nudged Wendy, "I heard you screaming not to throw them."

Newt butted in and ruffled Wendy's hair as he stared at her fondly, "She's practically in love with the fruit; she probably likes 'em more than me."

"Oh, so you two, are like, together?" Teresa asked before her eyebrows knitted together, "Dan had said something about a girl named Isabella, is she here? I'd love to meet her."

Wendy felt Newt's hand clench in hers at the sound of the deceased girls name, but he didn't hesitate to answer. "Bella's actually dead, she died a few months ago." he whispered back, and Wendy squeezed his hand to comfort him.

Teresa though, seemed to only become more confused, "Oh, I've just been recalling some memories. I swore in my dreams that I saw— you know what, it's not important." she stopped, and Wendy sent her a skeptical look, but then brushed it off as she apologized. "I'm sorry for your loss here."

Wendy nodded and sent her a small smile. "It's fine."

The night continued on until Newt and Wendy parted ways with Teresa, the pair then climbing up into his room with laughter falling from both of their lips.

"I can't believe you ran into a bloody pole, Wendy." Newt smirked as he took of his shoes and Wendy plopped herself down on his bed.

"I was distracted—"

"By my handsome looks?" Newt asked her with a teasing smirk, and she rolled her eyes at him in return.

"Actually, by Teresa, she's quite hot you know—"

"Not as hot as me though."

"Well..."

"Wendy!" Newt laughed, hitting her with a pillow as he sat down next to her. "I'm offended."

"By my hotness?" Wendy mimicked, and now it was Newt's turn to roll his eyes.

"Alright, alright, you win. Now hurry up and get in bed, I'm bloody tired." he yawned as Wendy kicked off her shoes and pulled her hair into a high ponytail. Soon, she slowly climbed into bed, the right side of course seeing as though Newt loved being on the left of her. She pulled the sheets up to her neck and faced the blonde leader only to see him grinning at her.

"What?" she asked him, a smile now tugging at the corner of her lips.

Newt shifted closer to her, "Have I already told you that you're insanely beautiful?"

Wendy smiled and leaned over and kissed him quickly, "Go to bed, Newt."

And he did.

.

.

.

.

.

.

word count: 1286

yayyy another chapter! I should have more up soon as well since I'm going on a writing spree at the moment

vote/comment/ leave feedback! so, do you like this story? any predictions for the future?

alright, well, until the very next chapter, goodbye!

~ Celeste xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

342 30 15
Determined,astute,ambitious x reckless,loyal,reliable.Teresa wasn't the only girl to ever come up the box.Just two years prior, came Raya,the Glades...
43.4K 1.3K 72
She wakes up in a cage cold and confused. She refuses to show any weakness in this strange new place; she shoves everything down, deep down behind a...
36.4K 710 28
Teresa wasn't the first girl in the Glade. Just the first that survived. Ayla Meyer. Subject A13. "The Wild Card" 16-year-old Ayla arrived in the Maz...
38.8K 970 37
(Newt x Reader) (TMR) Y/n is WICKED's first mistake. She tries her best to fit in, but being the only girl in an experiment full of boys is the best...