Why us? (Pokemon fanfic)

Von shinymewgirl

Everyday for as long as she can remember Emma has forced herself to face everything alone. She wants to belie... Mehr

Prologue
1- A way back home
2- Stalling
3- Home sweet home
4- This should be good
5- Promise me
6- Good luck with that
7- Getting ready
8- Descoveries
9- Find a weak point
10- Nightmares become real
11- Break down
12- A new companion
13- I will stand my ground
14- such a joyful pain
15- unbalanced battle
16- when will it stop?
17- how much worse could things get?
18- a bad guy?
19- desperate reach for freedom
20- experimentation
21- not a second time
22- The Guardian Angel
23- rainy night camping
24- together at last
25- Fighting back
26- Not a peep
27- Nightmares come true
28- Be proud of me
29- Burning hatred
30- The key to Purity
31- Stalkers, stalkers everywhere
33- A series of unfortunate events
34- Family reunion
35- Extended family tree
36- The Legendary Plan
37- One down, two to go
38- An electrifying match up
39- Battle bonds
40- Battle with angels
41- Does anyone understand Shadow anymore?
42- It begins
43- Twisted memories
44- A new Dark Room
45- Whispers in the dark
46- A day off
47- Sweet dreams
48- Bad turns
49- The Testing Continues
50- Old habits
51- The testing ends
52- It will be okay
53- Escape
54- Almost home
55- Conciquences
56- Too much damage done
57- The Ultimate Wepon
58- Trust in me
59- Closing the rift
60- Comatose
Epilogue
Final thoughts on the 'Why?' series

32- The balance of three

626 60 24
Von shinymewgirl

N simply turned around, signalling me to follow. With only slight hesitation, I did so. Night was the only Pokémon I had with me so I had to be cautious. I didn't trust N but I needed to call Silver or Red and I have no idea where I am or where the closest point where I'd get reception was.

N stayed silent as I lingered behind him, my gaze flicking down to Night every few minutes to reassure that she was still by my side. Her blue eyes never left N's back, as if trying to figure him out.

We stopped before a shear cliff face that rose several feet high but because of the sun I couldn't actually see the top. A dark, hollow cave had been seemingly dug into the side, revealed only when N moved aside a wall of vines.

"In here princess." He smirked playful at my nickname he'd given me in Unova

"I'm not going in there." I hissed, glancing at the inky blackness of the cave. I also gave him a punch in the arm for calling me a princess.

N sighed irritably, rubbing where I had hit him while cursing under his breath. "And why not?"

I shifted slightly. "None of your business. I just don't want to go in there."

"Well what I want to show you is in there."

Shaking my head I took a cautious step backwards.

"Wait a moment, you're scared of the dark aren't you?" His tone wasn't teasing as I expected it to be and despite his question, it was a statement.

I nodded slowly, looking away to avoid N seeing the shame I knew my eyes held.

"Heads up." He called.

I looked up in time to catch a long round thing that N had thrown at me, I quickly identified it as a flashlight.

"How about now?"

I bit down on my tongue and gave a single nod. "Thanks."

"Ooo, so I do get a thanks?"

I glared at him. "Shut the fuck up. Let's get this over and done with." I growled making Night burst out laughing.

"This is to good." She snickered, skipping around me like a newborn filly.

I hit her over the back of the head. "Shut it you."

Her laugher died down to a chuckle but the smirk never left her face.

N lead the way into the cave, I flicked the torch on before following him, the beam of light dancing around the shallow tunnel. My eyes followed the beam, looking for anything that could possibly hint at this being a trap. Night was at me side, her fire flecked eyes trained on N's every movement.

The cave walls were surprisingly smooth, decorated with swirling patterns that had been carved into the walls and filled with what appeared to be white chalk.

"Kalos was the original home of the three voices, the region where Life, Destruction and Order ruled." N explained, peering over his shoulder slightly as if making sure I was listening.

"Xerneas, Yveltal and Zyguard?" I questioned, shining the torch at his back.

With a nod N continued. "The three voices have the essence of these forces running through them to the core. However, the path given to them was not the path intended. Shadow has eternal life and you're the only one currently who is able to possess the gift you carry. My own family tree is endless so no matter how many die, there will always be a Voice Of Reason to take its place. Pure energy, your energy, is the strongest and rarest there is, it grows stronger with the emotional bonds that form it, besides yourself, there is only one other source of it. The energy is contained within stone that can be given to certain Pokémon, the energy is only released when the bond that Pokémon shares with its trainer is beyond what science itself cannot imagine. This energy envelops the Pokémon and is able to temporarily change its form, giving more power then most Pokémon posses in a lifetime of battles."

"Mega Evolution?" I questioned, looking down at my own key stone.

N nodded again. "Yes, the energy used in Mega Evolution matches yours more then any other force could. I believe that Team Rift uses Mega Evolution, right?"

I nodded. "A corrupt version of it."

"Ah yes, corrupting pure was with darkness. A tactic Shadow has used on you before, yes? The beginning event that formed your Ninetales."

I glanced at Night and nodded. "Shadow tried to control me with my negative emotions... making Night in the process."

"The Night Voice was just the beginning for Shadow. With help of Team Rift, Shadow found a way to use his dark energy to corrupt Mega Stones resulting in the corrupt Pokémon you've been forced to battle."

"Okay, this information is new to me but what has it got to do with anything?" I questioned, going to cross my arms until I remembered I have the torch.

"Are you even listening? It has everything to do with you!" N sighed irritably, turning to face me. "You possess more power in your little finger then any other being in the universe. What Team Rift needs is power and where do you think they'll turn for the quickest means to get that?"

"Me." I replied blankly. "I have already been kidnapped by them you know, so what else is new? Newsflash, it's every day of my fucking life, and I don't remember you treating me any better then those assholes did." I sneered. "You kidnapped me and forced me to collect the Lullabies needed by threatening to kill my brother before you ended up killing me. What's your point?"

N let out a growl, turning around again and continuing forward. "There must be balance among the Voices. That is the job of the Voice Of Reason, keeping balance between the Voice Of Purity and the Voice Of Darkness. When the Night Voice was made, it threw the entire thing into chaos. When she became real, there was obviously more good then there was bad, so, it became my job to be as dark as Night is light. Now that she is still technically dead, I go back to being in the middle until the balance is thrown off again. It's just how it works. I have as much choice in the matter as you do with being the Voice Of Purity."

"I still don't like you." I mumbled as we exited the tunnel into a cavern that seemed to generate its own light from the carvings in the walls. In the middle stood what appeared to be a giant set of scales that had crossed with a mobile. Each branch held a little set of scale that balanced a big one.

"These scales represent balance." N explained.

"Isn't that what scales are for?" I rolled my eyes, flicking the torch off.

N rolled his eyes. "They hold the balance in the world, they measure the good and the bad and this dear Emma," He gestured to the largest set, held in balance by two glowing orbs of light, once black and one white with a grey one set on top. "represents us as the Three Voices."

The dark orb appeared to be heavier, weighing down the one of light but the grey one had moved further along the beam that held them to help even out the light with the dark.

"This shows the current balance between the Three Voices. Shadow is gaining dark power, what from, I don't know. In result to that, the Voice Of Reason is altering to balance out the light energy with the dark, and I'm not the only one." He gestured to the smaller scales of the mobile. "Every entity, every mythical and legendary Pokémon is helping to balance out." N smiled slightly. "You see, the events in Unova were not entirely under my own control, I won't shove off the blame to another for what happened and I will accept full responsibility but I thought you deserved to know the truth behind it all."

I sighed, pinching my nose. "Well thanks for the story but none of that helps me in any way. I still hate you and have my own shithole of a life to get back to so if you don't mind, I want to get out of here and call my brother."

N sighed again but lead the way from the cave, I flicked the torch on before following him, not being able to leave fast enough.

Once out, I stuck my hand out to N, waiting for the promised phone. He handed it to me without a word.

I quickly punched in Sulver's number before impatiently holding the blocky yellow phone to my ear. It didn't even ring once before a staticky voice filled my ear.

"I'm Sorry but the number you have dialled is out of range, please make sure you have the correct number or try again later."

I frowned, checking that I'd gotten the number right on my still signaless X-transceiver before calling again, I was met with the same emotionless voice that seemed to drag out each syllable seconds to long.

I bit down on my lip, checking for Red's number before I called him.

"I'm Sorry but the number you have dialled is out of range, please make sure you have the correct number or try again later."

I pulled the phone away, frowning in disapproval.

"Something wrong?" N questioned.

Night looked up at me, her blue eyes filled with question and concerns.

"They're not answering." I mumbled. "Where's the closest town from here?"

"That would be Cyllage City." N answered. "That way." He jerked his thumb over his shoulder.

I sighed in anger and worry, throwing him the phone. "Well I'm getting out of here. See you never again hopefully."

"Good luck in your travels."

"Luck? Ha, that's a laugh. With any luck Team Rift will disappear and I can finish this journey in peace."

"I don't think that will happen but once this is done we can all go back to our lives and live happily ever after."

I bit down on my tongue irritably, trying to refrain from punching N's face in as he yapped on further about Team Rift and connections between Three Voice and such

"You seem stressed, what's upsetting you?" N questioned, noticing the almost visible steam pouring from my ears. "I thought you were one to not let your emotions get to you. Everything I put you through didn't seem to break you in the slightest."

"Don't you get it? I can't have a happy ending. It is impossible for me. Where one organisation fails, another will take its place. I'm like this because of all this shit I've faced, every time I try and defend myself, every time I'm kidnapped, every time I'm alone, I'm used, abused and put through the most inhuman experimented possible I break! I haven't broken yet because I already am! I'm human, and I can get hurt just as much as any person but I ignore it because I see that there is no way I will ever get to live happily! I just suck it up and try to protect the little I still have! For all I know, Silver, the only family I have left who still gives a damn if I'm okay, is dead right now. The last time I saw him was right before I was kidnapped by Team Galactic. Cyrus doesn't need him, he needs me. What would stop him from killing him or Red to stop them coming after me! Okay, yes I'm stressed, yes I'm upset! I am mentally falling apart because other then my friends and Pokémon are all I have and I would never be able to forgive myself if anything happened to any of them!" My hands formed into fists, my nails piercing my flesh as I bit back my tears. "You don't go through the things I've faced without breaking, without falling apart. I need Silver, I need Red, I need my Pokémon because otherwise, I don't have anything." I pushed pass him, towards Cyllage City without another word.

~*🌸*~

"I spy with my little eye something beginning with 'C'." Night chirped.

I ignored her as worry pecked away inside of me. The route we were on had alright service before Team Galactic kidnapped me so why wasn't my X-transceiver able to reach Silver or Red? It didn't make any sense.

"C'mon Emma, you could at least try to pretend you care." She whined.

"But that would be lying and what a pity it would be to blemish what little purity I still have." I replied in a sarcastic sweat tone.

Night rolled her eyes. "It doesn't work like that, you can only loose your Voice of Purity by killing someone cause it's some big sin or something."

"Since when did you become an expert of the Voice of Purity?"

"I am your Guardian Angel."

I sighed, rolling my eyes as I sat against a tree, looking up at the setting sun. The entire day had gone by faster then I'd thought. "Looks like we'll be sleeping outside tonight."

My Ninetails rolled her eyes, flopping down next to me. "What's wrong with that?"

"Nothing." I replied with a shrug. "I was just hoping to get to Cyllage City before nightfall so I could get a couple Pokémon to use until we find the others."

"What's plan B then?"

"The exact same as Plan A but tomorrow."

The more the sun set and moon rose the more worried I became. I tried to call Red and Silver several more times but each and everyone had the same result. Where were they? Surely Melody or Faith would be leading them here and that meant they had to go back through Lumious City which had service in every corner of the city. I brushed my hair with my fingers while trying to figure out other explanations for what had happened to my brother and friend. What if Team Galactic had gotten to them the same time they had me and they were back at their base, or worse they'd been caught in the fire?

I shut my eyes, leaning back against the tree, I stared up at the countless stars above. Taking a deep breath in before clearing my throat slightly, I started singing.

"Is anybody there?
Does anybody care
what I'm feelin'?
I want to disappear
So nobody can hear me when I'm screamin'

'Cause I could use a hand sometimes
Yea, I could use a hand sometimes
They say pain is an illusion
This is just a bruisin'
You are just confused, but I am only human
I could use a hand sometimes
I am only human
I am only human

I opened my eyes, catching sight of a single shooting star before it disappeared out of sight. Tears gather in my eyes as I sung the words but my voice never once wavered as the lyrics flowed from me with ease.

I am only human
The night is bitter cold
I wonder if you know that I'm sleepless
Waiting like a ghost
When I need you the most I go unnoticed

'Cause I could use a hand sometimes
Yea, I could use a hand sometimes
They say pain is an illusion
This is just a bruisin'
You are just confused, but I am only human
I could use a hand sometimes
I am only human
I am only human

The weight of the world is pulling me down
Where are you now- where are you now
Every breath feels like I'm gonna drown
Where are you now- where are you now
I am the only one left alone on this earth
Singing this song but can't find the words

Cause I could use a hand sometimes
Yea, I could use a hand sometimes
They say pain is an illusion
This is just a bruisin'
You are just confused, but I am only human
I could use a hand sometimes
I am only human."

I wiped my tears with my sleeves, I hadn't even noticed I was crying until now. I found it incredible how it was only a few years ago that I hated the very thought of being in contact with other humans but now, I was finding hard being on my own for even a couple days. I looked up at the sky, watching as the stars faded into the violet coloured sky.

~*~*~*~*~🌸~*~*~*~*~
Word count: 3682

So.. Basically a filler here but most this information is important so memorise as much as you can. Sorry it took so long to get this out. My life's pretty stressful and depressing right now and I'm struggling to get everything done but the next book to be updates will probably be 'Blurred out'

Anyway, vote, comment and keep on reading on my Dumplings.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

7.3K 136 13
Pokémon: Betrayed-Chosen+Prime What happens when you come home after saving the Kalos Region? What happens when most of your friends, family, and Pok...
85.7K 2.6K 53
Subsequent to their journey through Kalos, another unexpected one begins. One that draws heartache from heartstrings themselves and passion from riot...
2.8K 60 5
Rosa is a part of Team Plasma, not only because she believes that Pokémon should be treated equally as humans, but because she always wanted to follo...
3.5K 159 4
What happens when the saviour himself goes on the dark path. The only person that was left in his life was also taken from him. All that he achieved...