Hunter: Cursed

By ellarose12

Vampires have Slayers. Werewolves have Trackers. Everything else has a Hunter. --- After battling w... More

1st May 2012
Chapter One.
2nd May 2012
Chapter Two.
3rd May 2012
Chapter Three.
3rd May 2012
Chapter Four.
7th May 2012
Chapter Five.
8th May 2012
Chapter Six.
18th June 1869
Chapter Seven.
15th May 2012
Chapter Eight.
17th May 2012
Chapter Nine.
17th May 2012
Chapter Ten.
19th May 2012
Chapter Eleven
22nd May 2012
Chapter Twelve.
27th May 2o12
Chapter Thirteen
30th May 2012
Chapter Fourteen
4th June 2012
Chapter Fifteen
8th June 2012
Chapter Sixteen
10th June 2012
Chapter Seventeen
14th June 2012
Chapter Eighteen.
14th June 2012
Chapter Nineteen
16th June 2012
Chapter Twenty
20th June 2012
Chapter Twenty-One
21st June 2012
Chapter Twenty-Two
26th June 2012
Chapter Twenty-Three
19th July 2012
Chapter Twenty-Four
23rd July 2012
Chapter Twenty-Five
25th July 2012
Chapter Twenty-Six
26th July 2012
Chapter Twenty-Seven
4th August 2012
Chapter Twenty-Eight
7th August 2012
Chapter Twenty-Nine
13th August 2012
Chapter Thirty
14th August 2012
Chapter Thirty-One
16th August 2012
Chapter Thirty-Two
18th August 2012
Chapter Thirty-Three
18th August 2012
20th August 2012
Chapter Thirty-Five
26th August 2012
Chapter Thirty-Six
29th August 2012
Chapter Thirty-Seven
The Diary of an Ex-Tracker
The End...?
Hunter Series

Chapter Thirty-Four

2.8K 275 47
By ellarose12

"So, I guess this counts as what, father son bonding time?" I called out, and the lightning paused.

"You!" Zeus snarled.

"Me!" I smiled, and using the distraction, Cain managed to knock Cronus over. Yet before we could attack Zeus again, he took aim and not giving me a chance to defend myself, Cain chose to do that instead of take the shot.

"I can look after myself, take him down!" I ordered.

After that, Cain and I found a rhythm, one of us blocked and the other attacked. Anything they threw at us, he could handle with ease, and his ability to replicate  powers made it impossible for them to get one over him. Yet we couldn't find an advantage either and struggled to get some kind of control of the situation. It was maddening.

"We need to split them up." He decided; stating the freaking obvious.

"Any ideas super man?" I was all out, focusing solely on not being blasted away than anything else.

"I'll try to-"

Suddenly everything changed and it took me a second to work out I wasn't where I just was. Before I could go back, I never saw the hit coming and as pain exploded in my jaw I went stumbling backwards. Again and again I was attacked, and getting myself together, managed to preempt another hit and dodged it.

"Hera." I spat a mouthful of blood onto the ground beside me and had my sword ready in one hand.

 She stood before me looking as immaculate as when she had been sitting on her throne. Nothing had changed except for something smooth and metal now covered her chest, with similar bands on each wrist. Guess this was her battle outfit.

"I don't like you. I don't like what you've done, or what you hope to achieve by coming here. I protect what's mine, whether that be my family, my husband or my throne and right now, you are a threat to all of it."

"It's funny you say that, because you're completely right. I am a threat."

She walked right up to me, clearly not afraid of the sword in my hand and looked me over in obvious disgust before letting out a short, bitter laugh. "Yes. I can see that."

Unfortunately for me, the bitch knew how to fight. Her skills with a sword matched my own and since she had forever to know how to use her gifts to the best of the ability I had mine for barely a couple of days, Zeus's queen was at an advantage and she realised it as I did. What ever it was that turned my hands into magical weapons was weakening and I was relying more and more on only my skills than that convenient gift. This time when she struck, I wavered and suddenly we entered a battle of the wills rather than ability. Our strength seemed equally matched as we glared at each other over the edge of each blade, and risking her taking control, I moved myself quickly to the side and punched her. She hadn't been able to turn in time to block it, and this time she staggered backwards with a horrible shriek that would rival a banshee's scream.

Hades undead army that had been lingering around us changed direct and charged for her. Why the guy had never decided to take over this place on his own was beyond me since they really seemed to have it covered. I caught a glimpse of him by the hill I had arrived on, sitting on a throne of bones and essentially just watching. Now I looked up to find him concentrating on Hera and from the dirt, more of the zombie like ghouls rose. Hopefully he had a never ending supply of those, and yet with Hera occupied, I still couldn't go back to Cain as two men came at me from either side.

"And who are you two supposed to be, Tweedledum and Tweedledee?"

Swords raised clearly they weren't big talkers and as I got a clear shot and stabbed one of the identical pair in the gut, the other managed to get me from behind. His grip was ridiculous and I was thrown as easily as a football player could throw a ball. Being immortal had its perks as despite being winded and hurting, I bounced back quicker than I knew I would have before.

"Castor!" The guy yelled, kneeling over his twin. 

"Quick Pollux." Castor coughed.

I got to my feet and as I took a step towards them, the duo became blurry and two shapes merged into one.

"Well, that's new." I mused, bracing myself for the oncoming attack.

The new guy turned my way, and grinned. "You die now."

"Like I've never heard that before."

He was just one guy now and as our swords collided, my arm bent awkwardly back with the force. Okay, so two becomes one and crazy strong. Makes sense. More of Hades little minions started to rise up, hopefully to help me again and I spent more time trying to duck and weave away from the axe that was constantly coming my way until suddenly it wasn't. A familiar feeling of comfort filled me and turning around, my mouth dropped as Alfie, and Annipe were there. Annipe had her spikes out on her tail, something I don't think she'd really done before and as I watched, Alfie went around the freaks chest and Annipe's dug in around his legs. Then my demons pulled and closing my eyes, I wasn't quite fast enough - the gory image of them tearing him apart staying with me.

Alfie's gentle nudge had me looking again and Annipe's tongue flicked in front of my face as she pushed him out the way. I nearly cried at seeing them here.

"What are you two doing here? Oh you bad demons!" I threw my arms around Alfie and then Anni. "I'm so glad you're here!"

"Alfie help Elisse." He said proudly.

"Keep ssssafe." Annipe added.

"I'm not going to say no, but be careful okay? Please don't get yourself hurt." I begged and with another hug to each them, I was finally going to go back to Cain, but Hera now stood in the way.

She looked at my new companions cautiously, before hissing at them. Stupid move, because they both hissed back and charged. Of course that was what Hera wanted and raising her hands, it was like they hit an invisible wall. Anni fell instantly, where as Alfie could rebound a little quicker. Clearly unprepared, Alfie managed to get hold of her and I ran to Annipe, who slowly lifted her head, blinking a few times.

"You okay?" I don't know what to do if she says no, but a little nod soon followed. "Good girl!"

Hera stabbed Alfie with something and the hold he had on her weakened, yet Annipe shot into action - not giving her a chance to recover from the fall. Before Annipe could strike, Hera sent her flying, Alfie right behind her. There wasn't time for me to check on them, and holding one hand out I moved closer, blocking what ever she threw at me. Again we raised our swords at each other, and this time it was she who made a rather opportunistic move - tripping me over. Breathless, she kicked my sword out of my hand and her foot pressed down between my ribs before she leaned over and her hand tightened around my throat.

"So brave and strong aren't you?" She mocked, easily moving so I was left hovering in the air before her. I couldn't move, there was no way to fight back. "I'm going to break your pretty little neck, and feed your head to Cerberus."

"I don't know who that is." I stuttered, wheezing for breath. "I thought you were, supposed to, be nice. You, were good in Hercules."

Hera titled her head slightly. "Do you wish to flatter your way out of this?"

"No. I'm just, surprised that someone, shown so lovely, could be such, a bitch." I tried to cough, but it only made everything hurt more. "Guess when you're abilities relate, to, being, a perfect wife, and then getting an cheating asshole, as a husband, even good girls, go bad."

"I'm going to enjoy killing you." She hissed.

"Like you did, Inana?" Her hand disappeared and I gasped for air while holding my throat. I was happy to see her so shocked. "Gift of sight, remember? I see everything."

So, it was a tiny lie. She didn't need to know that.

"I'll kill you!" Hera screamed, launching herself at me. I managed to brace myself as our bodies collided, yet she still managed to hold the advantage, towering over me as I was pinned down. "Send Inana my regards."

A small dagger appeared in her hand and as she pressed it against my throat, I caught something moving in my peripheral vision - too fast for me to comprehend what it actually was until the pressure on my skin vanished and Hera rocked back to fall onto my legs; slumping to the side with a tiny groan.

Sitting up,  shuffled back and now I was the one in shock as a golden arrow went through one eye and out the back of her skull. Now my throat burned for another reason, but it was forgotten as Apollo knelt in front of me. Hera should've killed me, because he looked as though he was taking pissed off to a whole new level.

"Oh hey, you." I smiled weakly. "Didn't have any forks handy?"

My attempt at humor was rejected and Artemis joined us as I stood up; also looking furious. "You are foolish and lack any sense of self preservation!"

"Well, you're stupid if you think I am going to miss this!"

"And be killed? What would you have done if we hadn't arrived in time?" She had, you know I'm right, tone on my Mum sometimes used and I hated it.

"Improvised. It's what I do."

Apollo scoffed. "She had gold. If she killed you, there would be no bringing you back."

Hearing him say that made me think of what Portia had told Cain. The next time I died, he wouldn't be able to bring me back - could that have been it?

"Well, good think your sister is a good shot." I snapped back, not willing to think about that too much. Alfie and Annipe returned then, and I ignored the surprise on the twins face, instead looking around. Hades army was keeping the other threats back, while Powers still fought Powers and Cain was still on his own. "We need to go help Cain."

"No, you're-" Apollo started.

"No one can get near them. We can! Do not try and stop me, again. My mind is made up."

I didn't need to tell Alfie and Annipe anything else, and as I started to run - following the shield of undead Hades set up, they moved behind me like two bodyguards you really didn't want to mess with.

"Stop right there!" Apollo ordered, but a grunt of effort, followed with the thud of a sword hitting the ground and the surprised squeal from Artemis made me do exactly that..

Another Power now blocked the twins, the feather in his helmet kind of cute; just like the leather skirt he had on and armored chest plate. It was like had really gone all out with his roman soldier costume and the way he moved was rather impressive.

"Let us through Ares!" Apollo cursed at him as the end of Ares sword was raised and ready to collide with his jaw.

"We're on your side!" Artemis snapped, raising her bow at him.

"Oh, but you were chasing the Hunter?" He glanced back at me and smiled. "Ares, God of War. You have may have heard of me?"

"Can't say I have, but nice to meet you." I smiled, before turning to keep running. The trio were right behind us and reaching out to touch my snakes, we instantly moved back where Cain was. 

"Where did you go, are you hurt?" He asked instantly.

"I'm fine and have some friends now too." As if that was the magic word, a flurry of arrows whistled overhead and while Zeus moved to destroy them, he didn't stand a chance from the next wave.

Daring to look behind me, Artemis stood with a group of about twenty women, undoubtedly her huntresses and once more their bows were raised. Ares and nearly as many soldiers came from the left, while Alfie and Annipe moved into position behind me. A look of relief passed on Cain's face for the briefest of seconds and it was then Apollo appeared at his side.

"I'll deal with Cronus. Take Zeus." Cain told me.

"Go!" I told him, and charging forward, Zeus began to retreat; pausing to throw lightning bolts our way.

Ares and his army moved in to take out what ever threat moved in our path, Artemis and her archers kept watch and did pretty much the same thing. As Zeus's bolts exploded around us, Alfie moved quickly and the three of us were in perfect sync to each other. It was surreal; dirt and debris flying up around us, his tail around my waist to prevent me from falling or tripping exactly when I needed it to be. Annipe slipping ahead to keep the path clear and when needed, it was me who zapped us out harms way. 

Then Apollo was suddenly in front of Zeus, the leader abruptly stopping as we did the same thing just behind him. Apollo started to light up, brighter than the lightning - maybe even the sun. His whole figure glowed to the point it hurt to look his way. Zeus took a hesitant step backwards and a fireball appeared in each of Apollo's hands. He bounced them casually, and squinting to try and keep watch on what was happening, Artemis came to my side.

"Move back." She warned.

"Why?"

"Apollo is many things, and in your world there a reason why they refer to him as the god of light."

"Enough!" Apollo called. "Surrender or die."

Zeus laughed. "I should have known there would come a day one of my sons challenged me."

With unbelievable speed, the fireballs were suddenly being sent Zeus's way and as the Power fought back, we all had no choice other than to look away. Ares and his troops approached, also shielding their eyes. A woman stepped up beside him and I followed Artemis over to them. There wasn't anything we could really do right now to help Apollo. 

"Athena!" Artemis hugged the woman, clearly happy to see her.

"So the time has come." Athena glanced at Ares and took his hand. "We pledge our alliance to the Fallen One."

Artemis bowed at them. "Thank you."

Without another word, the duo moved off back towards the other Powers across the field. The fight seemed to be dying now and as Artemis and I watched, the army surged forward, continuing to help any who needed it. A sinking feeling in my stomach made me turn around, leaving Artemis telling her archers to go and help Cain. The flashes behind us that gave the same affect as a strobe light had gone and seeing Apollo on the ground with Zeus about to send one of his lightning bolts through him, had me rushing forward. 

Alfie and Annipe moved quick; as I attacked Zeus, Annipe pulled Apollo away and took him to a safer place beside Artemis, while Alfie struck at Zeus and we paired off against each other.

"Do you think you can do what others have tried, and failed to do before you?" He taunted. "You are nothing against me. I taught my son that lesson and now I will destroy you with it."

A rush of adrenaline tore through me; any tiredness or pain I had been feeling gone as Alfie and I watched him closely. "Good luck."

Zeus laughed and then charged, my sword vibrating with an energy of it's own as I managed to slice his arm. The blood seemed to excite it further, and I waved Alfie back wanting this to be only me and him. This was the man behind the events that  had turned my relatively okay life to hell. I'd been his pawn for too long and it was going to end now. No more would others be influenced by his will, what power Zeus had in my world would be extinguished.

This was for all the Hunters, Slayers and Trackers that had fallen because of him.

This was for Lily, Ron, Hazel and Reece.

This was for Logan, but most of all it was for me, and getting my life back.

With every inch of power I had in me, I turned into something else. Something powerful and she was angry. I kicked, I punched, I dodged and swung. I could smell the metallic aroma of his blood, I could taste his fear and it only made me stronger. When he fell onto his back, I jumped and with my sword raised above my head, I came done with it in my both hands, sending it through his chest.

Zeus gasped, a gurgling sound leaving his mouth as it dropped open. His eyes were wide with shock and blood fled from his body as if to try and save itself.

"He-ra." He coughed, as I twisted my blade making him cry out. "Help. Me. Her-a. Not, you. I will not be. Defeated, by you."

"I don't think you have a choice and don't worry about Hera. She's already waiting for you on the Otherside." I told him, enjoying the rush of anger on his paling face before, nothing.

Zeus was dead.

I stood there, leaning on my sword - staring at him. I expected to feel something. Victory. Relief. Freedom. Yet, nothing changed. Alfie was behind me, and Annipe nudged my arm, snapping me out my trance. Looking at the pair of them, they were pretty beat up, but they were here and they were alive. 

"You did it." Artemis said softly, looking down at the body.

"One down." I tell her, and start moving towards Cronus.

Apollo limped into my path. "Stop, you can't go like this."

"Like what?" I glanced down and the pain instantly returned. My thigh looked as though a lion had used it as a scratching post, my shirt was ripped and wet with blood in too many places and I couldn't really focus on the rest of me. "Shit."

Taking another step, my leg wobbled in effort to hold my weight and Alfie was there instantly. "Alfie help."

"I got this." Apollo assured him. As our hands touched, a familiar tingly warmth spread up my arm and through my body. Each wound burned making me cringe, and he noticed. "It will take some time to heal, because he used gold. I've just made the bleeding stop and made the minor stuff to heal."

"Thank you." I couldn't handle being this close to him, not even here like this and this time when I walked, my steps were a little more sure footed. Alfie kept close, his eyes constantly glancing down at me. "Like I said buddy, one to go."

"One to go." He repeated slowly.

The fighting stopped as we got closer, the Powers who had once been against us either submitting or being finished off. All had called back their minions and an eerie stillness came over the area. I heard their whispers, the disbelief that Zeus had fallen; the fear that God Killer would destroy them next. The only two who didn't seem to get the memo it was over was Cronus and Cain. The three of us stopped, and sparing a look at my Apopythes, their own little power pose gave me the confidence that we could do this.  The now united Powers fell into line with us, and Cain saw us first.

"Enough Cronus. You have lost." I called out.

Cain looked worn out, Cronus looked like he was one step away from collapsing. This hadn't been easy for either of them and as his gaze settled on us, Cronus smiled - pink saliva oozing from his mouth as he tried to suck in as much air as his lungs could manage. "Never!"

"Look around you, it's over."

As if he only just saw the rest of them, he stepped back confused. "Zeus?"

"Dead." I confirmed.

"No!" Angry red eyes came back to me. "Not by you, surely!"

Two women appeared just in front of me and as their hoods dropped back, I got my confirmation that it was indeed, Adala and Nieve. I moved to Adala's side and it was like feeling a key turn in a lock. A sense of belonging and peace washed over me and looking at the duo, their eyes were clouded over and softly glowing white. Catching my reflection in the blade of my sword - so were mine.

"I've waited so long for this!" Cronus growled, forgetting Cain and charging at us.

"So have we." Nieve smiled.

The three of us moved as one, raising our hands as a blast of white light left us. Cronus threw his shoulder into it, as if this was nothing more than knocking down a door and charged on.

"This won't hold him." Adala sounded more amused than worried.

"It won't need to." Nieve answered.

"Why?" I found myself asking as the world seemed to drop away until there was just the three of us.

"We don't have the abilities to kill him. We have the power to distract, while the one who can, does."

"Cain?"

"You're learning." Adala smiled. "Watch."

I looked away from them and jumped, startled. I could see myself, torn and bloody at Adala's side. The three of us still stood there too, blasting away at Cronus as though our lives depended on it, which clearly they didn't. We stood to one side, not too far from the hill Hades had positioned himself on, watching. 

Nieve pulled out a golden thread from her cloak's inner pocket and held it up, letting it roll out to Cronus. The golden line shimmered, going dim before sparking back to life.

"What is this?" I ask, boldly reaching out to touch it.

"Cronus's life line." The duo answered like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

The end twitched in Nieve's hand, tiny fragments threading together with a dim glow. It was obviously struggling to continue lengthening.

"You do this for, everyone?" I struggled to comprehend millions up millions of threads that must be cut. People died constantly, how did they do this?

"No child. There are other powers that be that control life and death, and given the time you will understand. We are of this world, the Powers have forever plagued our lives and this. This is the one true way we have control of them." Nieve patiently explained. "It's why they seek to destroy us. They think it will make them invincible."

"But they're already immortal."

"Yet gold can harm, even kill them." Adala added, stroking the golden thread as she ran her fingers along it. 

"In the beginning, we came from the ground. We came from the air and water. We evolved into something more, yet it is still a part of us." The old woman seemed to think out loud.

"It's the circle of life, Simba." I added, kind of, maybe getting it. The other Fates simply stared at me blankly. "It's from a movie where I'm from."

Nieve shook her head in disbelief and looked back to the commotion; so did I. Nothing had changed, and the more I focused it was as if everything was happening in slow motion. Cain slowly approached Cronus from behind, who was too focused on the other us to notice. Adala started humming a tune to herself, still toying with the lifeline.

"Now is the time!" Nieve declared and the thread was now in my hands. "Hold it steady, child."

The tip started to flick wildly, like it knew the danger it was in and with Adala's hands over my own Nieve produced an looking pair of scissors. The screw in them creaked as she opened them wide, the blades sharp and must newer looking than the handles. Then with a snip, it was done. Those new bits of thread fell to the ground as dust and the glow along the line faded to black.

"That's it?" I ask, following the light of the thread with my eyes.

"That's it." They replied in unison.

As we returned to the present, I stumbled backwards. The force of Cronus's attack wasn't expected while the other two held strong. I guess when you've been doing this whole thing longer than a couple of days, there are some perks to the job. Alfie nudged me back up to my feet just as the other two wavered and Cronus was suddenly there. His hand latched around Adala's throat and there was no hesitation as he started to squeeze. In that same instant, Nieve collapsed so there wasn't a lot of helping coming from her.

"Why isn't he dead yet?" I pushed away from who ever was there trying to either help me or hold me back from going to their aid. Alfie struck at him, yet what ever was around the Elder stopped him from being hurt.

Turning, I snatched Artemis's bow from her hands and took a shot, going for his arm instead of his head. The arrow sliced through and Adala was dropped, gasping and barely conscious at his feet.

"Alfie, get them away." If he needed all three of us to die right now to gain what ever powers we had, it wasn't going to be easy for him. 

"That won't stop me!" He taunted, swinging an axe my way. Stumbling backwards again, my back hit a wall and glancing over my shoulder, Apollo was banging on it trying to get through. "You're mine now."

Everyone was trying to get through and whatever Cronus was doing seemed impenetrable to those on the other side and then I noticed Nieve was still on the ground not too far from us. Alfie was trying to get her with no success and I barely managed to roll to the side as his axe came at me again. Memories from what felt like another lifetime filtered through my conscious; giant spiders and dark forests. Invisible barriers that kept me away from my family and Alfie being given electric shocks each time he hit at it. There, I stopped and I fought. Just like I would do here. 

"Is this the only way you get anyone to spend some time with you?" I asked, his blade slicing my arm. Swapping my sword to my now good hand, I missed him. "Trapping them may be a little much. If you wanted to spend time with me, just ask."

Cronus grunted with effort, his old face streaked with blood and sweat as he now had a sharp tipped spear in his free hand. Clearly he wanted to stab me with it as it was stabbed in my direction again, and again.

"Though if this is how you treat your guests, no wonder no one wants to hang out with you!" I managed to get out between breaths.

My legs burned, my arms felt like jelly and really, everything hurt. I refused to be done, but as his stupid spear tore my shirt and left a nice new scratch against my hip, with the blade of his new sword soon deciding to shorten my ponytail, I was getting there.

"Getting quiet, aren't you?" He breathed out heavily, red saliva pooling in the corners of his mouth.

"Why aren't you dead yet?" I asked him, our swords clanging together as I managed to grab some of the stick of his spear and with a kick to his knee, get it out of his hold.

Cronus laughed and as I put all my effort in holding him and his sword back, I saw his free hand move to the side, and something else fill it. Before I could move away or try to defend myself, I felt the impact. Someone screamed and it took my mind too long to work out that it was me making that noise. Cronus backed off, and looking down, I fell to my knees, unable to process what I saw. A spike covered golden ball that looked as prehistoric as Cronus stuck out of my side. Each spike was doing something bad, I could feel it. The rush of blood against my skin and my chest, which felt like I was made of bubble wrap that some jerk was eagerly twisting. Each pop was another part of something being broken, torn - destroyed. Warm liquid filled my mouth, but I couldn't taste it. 

Was I even breathing?

Everything went blurry and as I felt the pressure in my throat rise so whatever it was had no choice other than to come out; I knew it was blood. I felt cold, the adrenaline gone now and the dirt I was actually laying on was so comfortable. The pain went as the shaking started. Deja vu hit me as fast as the thing in my side had and everything made sense now. 

All this time it wasn't the fight, killing Zeus or any of that stuff I had been ready for and now that I had my chance again, I wouldn't let them take me away from it.

I'm so tired.

I've had enough of this.

"Please just let me go." I whisper. "I want to go!"

"You've already gone." Alistair answered. Opening my eyes, he stood in a doorway surrounded by that warm, soft light that instantly made me at peace in a way I'd only ever known here. "Are you sure?"

"Yes."

He turned and gestured me to follow, which I did without a second thought. "Come on then, sweet heart. You've been fighting for so long, you don't need to anymore."

Again that wave of deja vu washed over me. He'd said that before and looking around him for the door, it seemed further away than before.

"You're not going to try and talk me out of it?" 

"Wouldn't dream of it." He stopped and turned to smile at me. "Nothing bad is waiting for you through there Elise. No more fighting. No more suffering or betrayal or lies. Just, freedom. Peace. It's what you've always wanted, isn't it?"

I look around him and the door is definitely getting further away.

"It is. Last time I still had things to do. Not anymore." I keep walking.

"Good, good." He said slowly, taking his time to follow me now.

"Do you have to like, walk me through it?" I pause to ask him.

"Me? No. Once you get there, you just need to go right on through." He smiles again and it doesn't quite reach his eyes. There's something he isn't saying, just like Dad does - his hands are in his pockets and he rocks back on his heels casually. This time when he talks, I know what he's doing and his attempt at reverse psychology is wasted. "Once it's done, it's done Elise. Forever. I'm just not sure you understand that part. You're so, young. There is still a lot left for you back home, and your parents-"

I stop listening and turning back to the door, I start to run.

_____________

Takes a deep breath and keeps writing......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

769K 35.9K 79
Vampires have Slayers. Werewolves have Trackers. Everything else has a Hunter. --- It's nearly been a year since Elise Bunting walked aw...
61.6K 5.9K 80
Vampires have Slayers. Werewolves have Trackers. Everything else has a Hunter. ____ A lot can happen in a year, Elise Bunting knows that all...
1.7K 279 27
#girlswhotravel And fight vampires. Rachel and Daniel broke every rule in the Hunter book. Don't turn humans into Hunters. Daniel did that when he sa...
14.7K 1.4K 38
Vampires have Slayers. Werewolves have Trackers. Everything else has a Hunter. And then there is Elise Bunting. ___________________ There is...