The Ghost's Diary 👻 ✓

By mszame

[COMPLETED] [THE NUTCRACKER meets CHAMBER OF SECRETS meets HAMLET] PREVIOUSLY ADDED TO THE OFFICIAL @mystery... More

00. Foreword
01. Fifteenth Birthday
02. Brother Sister Conversation
03. New Lab Partner
04. The Missing and Unexpected
05. 'Tighest' Ray of Sunshine
06. Observing Too Much
07. The Voices
08. The Painting
09. Rookie Sherlock Holmeses
10. Fade
11. Inner Thoughts
12. Realisation
13. Into the Cemetery
14. Wandering
16. First Memory
17. The Ghost's Story
18. A Long Walk
19. Dwellings
20. Storms and Silence
21. Lost
22. Laughter and Music
23. Second Memory
24. Chandelier
25. Core Personalities
26. Asphodel
27. Rain
28. Stained Glass
29. Third Memory
30. Belle
31. Petrichor
32. Macabre
33. The Other Devil
34. Gone
35. Mirror
Bonus Chapter: For the First Time (Part I)
Bonus Chapter: For the First Time (Part II)
Bonus Chapter: For the First Time (Part III)
36. Ghost and Glow
37. The Art Of
38. House
39. Wuthering Pages
40. Glass Castle
41. Hellfire
42. Ashes
43. Shadows in July
44. Transcend
45. Twilight in February
46. Letters
47. Begonia
48. City of Silence
49. M. M
50. Teenage Psychology
51. Shatter
52. Five
53. Blizzard
54. A Wilting Flower
55.1: East of Eden
55(Part II). Mere Mirage
55(Part III). Breath of Azrael
55(Part IV). Striped Carnation
55(Part V). Matter of Perspective
56. Through Centuries
57. Promise
58. Grave of Embarrassment
59. Promised
60. Always
61. Only Felt
62. Flares
63. Still a Spark
64. Currents
65. Sins of the Fathers
66. Embers and Ashes
67. Forever Couldn't Break
68. Instruments of Our Souls
69. Want You Back
70. Daffodils
Deleted Scene I: Goodnight, Kathy
Deleted Scene II: Blood and Water
Picspams + Family Tree
The Ghost's Diary Spinoffs

15. Where Red Roses Lie

1.9K 72 57
By mszame

"Ugh... where are we?" Ethan says as he rubs his head.

"I don't know... Lindsey, aren't we in your home's garden?"
Allison asks me while rubbing her own head.

I look around and see that we are definitely in the garden. But how or why we came here is still a blur.

"Yeah..."

"Wait, I don't remember having red roses in our garden. We have white ones." Dylan points towards a flower bed a few centimetres from us.

Sure enough, I'd remember anything like big fat roses if they were there. Those roses are freaking huge!

"Oh, better get the watering done, or else Mistress will be furious. Oh ho! What a gardener has to do?" says a man with a gradener's suit.

"Gilbert, come here hastily. I have news!"

I can't see the owner of the second voice from where I am. All I can tell is that the second person is a woman

"Coming, just let me water the plants!"

But before going to wherever Gilbert is going, he quickly throws the water bucket at us and across the flowers.

"Oh, come on. I'm in a suit!" Dylan shouts at Gilbert but he is already out of sight.

We all get on our feet and try to dry off our clothes by waving them in the air.

"Ah, I forgot something. I'll be back!"

Gilbert suddely comes back and walks....

Right through Dylan.
The rest of us just stay dumbfounded.

How on earth is it possible for a human being to just waltz through another.

Isn't this supposed to be scientifically wrong.

"I think that he couldn't see us."

"Sorry?" I ask Allison.

"Listen if he could see us then why would he throw water at us and just walk through your brother. That doesn't make any sense. He didn't look blind," Allison says.

"I think we should look around more before getting our hypothesis ready. Lindsey, you're going to have brief me in later now."

Dylan starts walking towards Edenfield and the rest of us follow him.

Apparantly, my brother is better in the leader's position than the rest of us, since he is the first to move. No wonder he's successfully running Knightley Industries.

Ethan mutters his doubts,
"Don't go... it's a mighty long fall
When you thought life was at the top
Oh no, it's a wake up call
When your life goes into shock."

"It seems like gravity keeps pulling us back down,
Don go! It's a mighty long fall
When you fall from the top," I finish the rest of the stanza.

Ethan turns to my side.
"You listen to One OK Rock?"

"Yeah, I do."

After focusing around us, we find ourselves at Edenfiel's doorstep, only to see that it is completely different from what we left.

A grand chandelier, new wallpapers, classically styled furniture. Everything seems different. It looks new... almost dynamic, full of life.

The life that was sucked from this place years ago.

We all stand there awing and looking at the intricate designings.

"Mistress is here! Everyone hurry about your places. All things must be at their best."

At that exact moment, the door swings opens to reveal a beautiful middle aged woman.

The years have done their bit on this woman but she still wears her declining youth in all the beauty and grace that I have never seen before.

"Welcome, Mistress! All things are in their rightful places just as they ought to be."

Mistress smiles at the lady who wholeheartedly greets her. By the look on the other servents faces, they are intimidated by her but also respect her.

"Oh, where are my dear children? I have been waiting to see them for what seems like centuries."

"Have you forgotten about me, Madam?"

We all turn our heads to the person who just said that.

A girl of almost Dylan's age appears. She has long jet black hair, neatly tucked in curls at the ends. Her skin is so pale that it is almost uncanny.

"Ah, Meredith! How can I ever forget you?"

Meredith and Madam embrace eachother. But this hug is not any normal embrace. It is almost tense on Meredith's side, at least.

Mistress is wearing an elegant emerald green dress with her hair tied in a gracious bun. Meredith wears a colour like dark blue.

"Where are my children, Elisabeth?" Mrs Knightley says.

"Your daughter has gone out to see one of her aquantinces, Madam. And Master Junior is at his study. Perhaps he does not know of your arrival. We ourselves received news only but an hour ago," The house maid, Elisabeth, replies.

"Splendid, I shall go see him right now. Please assist me, Meredith."

"But of course, Madam," Meredith says.

Both Mistress and Meredith go upstairs. I also follow them.

"Come on! Maybe we'll find some clues," I shout at the rest of my group. They quickly climb the stairs behind me. The rest of the housec staff stays oblivious to us.

Mistress and Meredith go upstairs to a room where I'm guessing is the study where this Junior Master is.

We all enter into the room in with Mistress and Meredith.

There is a young man sitting at his desk with his back at us. He doesn't seem to notice us. Finally, after a good minute or two, he looks around. He looks at our direction before saying,
"Mother, you are back so soon?"

He walks up to Mistress, kisses her hand, and embraces her. This time I actually get a good view of his face. He looks exactly like...

Dylan?

"Ah son, I only but missed you all so much. I thought to have come earlier than expected."

"I am glad that you came earlier, Mother."

Meanwhile, Ethan walks up to Junior Master's desk and picks up a book. He waves the book at me.

It is the journal that I have...

I quickly look into my bag and find the journal there. But my journal is old and the one Ethan is holding is new.

I look up at Meredith who is staring at the man. There is something in her eyes that is not normal.

"Mother, why do you not go downstairs and have tea? I will come in a bit. Ms Maleece, please accompany Mother."

Meredith, or Ms Maleece, scoffs a bit but smiles and goes out of the room with Mistress.

"Can he see us?" Dylan asks while examining the man with wide eyes.

"Yes, I can," the man says.

Huh, what?

"Henry Fitzwilliam Knightley, pleased to meet you."

*Drum Roll Please*

I've finally updated!
Right, I know I haven't updated in a while but that is only why this chapter is 1000+ words.

My mid terms are over now but I still will not be able to update like I used to.

Don't worry, if updates are not regular, then the chapters will be longer.

The song lyrics Ethan and Lindsey are muttering are from 'Mighty Long Fall' by One OK Rock.

Last but not the least, I want to thank you all for taking TGD's reads upto 300+. Thank you for your continued support.

And the chapter title may or may not be a pun...

Avoid weird typos.

Love,
MS Zame

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 3.7K 30
Myla McCall is the twin of the alpha werewolf, Scott McCall, even though she doesn't look the part. She was split from her brother and mother, forced...
58K 3.4K 46
#1 in Paranormal 15/12/20 and 31/10/2021 #1 in Paranormal Love 13/04/19 and 21/10/2021 Everyone has been told at least one ghost story during their l...
172K 15.4K 72
Frizzy haired and overweight, sixteen year old Elizabeth Summers hears ghosts. She also reads people's auras often seeing when something bad is heade...
4.7K 468 6
Before the Catastrophic event that destroyed the Hale Pack, a pregnant Talia Hale learned from Dr. Deaton that her youngest daughter, Sasha, was a co...