Finding You

By kayjayqueen

He takes another step forward and wraps his arms around me in a hug. Warmth fills me and soothes the parts of... More

Prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
-----
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
~~~~~
-----
chapter 7
-----
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
-----
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
~~~~~
-----
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
~~~~~
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
-----
chapter 22
chapter 23
~~~~~
-----
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
-----
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
-----
Chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
-----
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
Chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
~~~~~
Chapter 44
-----
Chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
~~~~~
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53
- - - - -
chapter 54
chapter 55
chapter 56
chapter 57
chapter 58
chapter 59
chapter 60
chapter 61
chapter 62
chapter 63
chapter 64
chapter 65
chapter 66
-----
chapter 67
Authors note

chapter 3

6.6K 253 25
By kayjayqueen

He followed me, closing the door behind us. I took a couple of steps in.

"So, what's your name?" I played dumb, I already knew his name.

"Call me Zay."

There was no reason to tell him my name, somehow he already knew.

"Ok, Zay," I said walking into what I think is his living room. I sat down on a couch and he sat next to me. He didn't sit too close, but closer than he had ever sat before. I looked ahead at his green wall.

"Happy? Now what's the real reason you followed me home? And don't try to lie," he added.

"Um, well you live in an abandoned house, so I was curious," I said truthfully.

"This house obviously is inhabited. But yeah, ok. What about yesterday, when you didn't know I lived in an "abandoned" house? Why did you follow me then?" he asked.

That's the most he's ever said to me. In a daze, I looked at him and said nothing.

He frowned and stared at me back. "Tell me. I deserve to know," he said.

After a second I told him the full truth. "I wanted to know why you left early every day, if you were like, a spy or something."

Only until after the words came out of my mouth did I realize how stupid I sounded. i wanted to hide behind my hands, but forced myself not to. He made a point of staring at me for a few seconds, and then he chuckled.

The sound was like music. I had never heard him laugh. It was an amazing sound, even if he was laughing at me.

"I don't get it. I'd love to be in on the joke," I said.

"A spy? Really?" he said. He shook his head and smiled to himself. "You're too funny."

He kept looking at me and after a while I refused to hold his gaze and looked away.
His staring was too cute and too intense.

I couldn't believe I was actually sitting here and talking to Zyler. I never in a million years would have expected this to happen.

Zay was still smiling, and looking at me when I looked at him again.

"What?" I asked him.

"Nothing. It's just, I think you're the only one person who would have the guts to follow me home."

"Yeah, people are scared of you," I said.

"Good. They should be. You should be too," he said, his smile fading.

"I'm not." Despite my words, my heart started to thud in my chest. I slowly got up and went to the door, wanting to get out. If there was a reason I should be afraid of him...

"Where are you going?" Zay said. He was right behind me. I swallowed my gasp; I didn't even hear him get up.

"G-getting ready to leave. It was obvious you didn't want me here in the beginning," I stutter quietly.

"I didn't say that, did I?" Zay said. He was right beside me.

"No, but you don't have to spell it out for me to take the hint." I started to open the door but he pushed it shut.

"Sorry, sometimes I make it look like I hate someone when I don't. Don't go yet." His soft, deep voice filled my ear. It was enough to make me think; maybe I can stay for a little bit longer.

"My dad is going cooking a meal right now. Why don't you eat some with us?" he said quietly still. My brain shot warnings through my head. I barely knew this guy, why should I even consider staying? But against my better judgement, I nodded my head.

I turned my head to face him and he backed his head away. I hadn't realized he was so close. He smiled lightly and turned around.

Zay led me to his kitchen, and I sat down at an empty seat. Zay's dad was at their oven, taking something out.

Zay looked a lot like his dad, only younger. They both had tight muscles, and their frame was on the broad side. His dad had brown hair so dark it almost looked black. His facial hair looked out of place though, Zay always kept his trimmed. His dad turned around with the food in his hands and looked at me.

"So, Amber. What made you decide to join us today?"

"Um..." I didn't really have an answer for that.

"I invited her," Zay said for me.

"Nice. Well I'm Zyler's father, you may call me Mr. Maclo."

"Pleased to meet you, Mr. Maclo," I said.

He smiled and turned to his son. "Your friend has very nice manners, Zyler," he said.

Zay laughed. "Yeah, sometimes," Zay said back to him. He gave me a pointed look that so wasn't necessary.

I grinned to myself. The openness of Zay talking was so different than at school. He was talking so much more, and I loved the sound of it.

His dad put the food on the table, and I saw that it was chicken pot pie. He served me first and I took a deep breath in. It smelled heavenly.

"Thank you," I said. Next, he served Zay. His plate had a lot more on it than mine did. There was no space left on his plate.

"You eat a lot," I said.

"And you have green eyes," he stated glancing up at me. He then started to eat the pile on his plate. With a smile, I ate mine too.

The food tasted great. The best pot pie I had in a long time. I finished right after Zay devoured his.

"It tasted amazing, thank you," I said to his dad again. Then I turned to Zay.

"I should probably head home now."

He said nothing in response.

"Maybe you should escort our guest out the door, Zyler." And for some reason Zay glared at him. But he still got up.

I smiled at his dad and left from the room. I turned to face Zay when I got to the door. "That was an interesting dinner," I said to him.

"Ok." He looked at me quietly. I frowned at his lack of communication all of a sudden.

I heard him sigh. "What do you want me to say?"

I sighed right back at him"Whatever. Never mind," I said, frustrated as I turned to leave.

"Wait." He grabbed my arm, preventing me from opening the door. Instantly the spot tingled with warmth. I looked at his hand, his arm, his shoulder, his neck, and then finally his eyes.

"What?" I said trying to make it look like I wasn't totally interested with what he had to say.

He looked down, away from my arm, and dropped his hand. "Thank you, for staying for dinner."

"It's not like you really gave me a decision," I replied calmly. But in the inside I was bursting with joy.

"I know, but it was nice, And you're not like what I thought you would be," Zay said back.

"Oh? And how did you expect me to be?"

"Truthfully? A boy-crazed stalker, like the rest of them."

I raised my eyebrows. "And how do you think I am now?" I asked, this time openly interested in what he would say.

But he didn't answer the way I kind of hoped he would. "Different," was all he said.

"Is that a bad thing?"

"It's a compliment," he said without looking at me.

I smiled, even though he still was studying the wall like it had a diesease."Thank you. I'll see you later," I said.

"Bye, Amber."

After that, I walked away. I went straight home, which was easy since it was a house away.

When I got home, my mom was standing near the door waiting for me. She looked worried.

"Where were you honey?"

"Friend's house. Sorry, I forgot to call you," I apologized to her.

"That's not like you. I didn't even get a text, you scared me half to death."

"Sorry mom." I hugged her and when she pulled back she frowned.

"I thought Savannah was babysitting today."

"I wasn't with Sav, today," I explained tentatively, not giving out too much.

"Then what is this friend's name?"

Good thing I found that out. "Zyler."

"Oh? A new a boy?"

"Yeah."

"A boyfriend?"

"No mom."

"You sure? I don't mind, it's just I might want to meet him..."

"He's not my boyfriend mom."

"Ok, ok. Just call me next time."

"I will," I promised her.

"Ok. You already ate I'm guessing?" she asked.

I nodded my head. "Yup mom. I loove you. I'll be in my room, doing homework. I might go to bed early."

"I love you too honey. Go get some rest." I went and gave her a kiss, then went to my room.

I pulled out the list I made of things I found out about Zyler. I put ZAY instead of HIM though. I added things.

4. Zay acts different at home then he does at school.
5. Zay might, just might, maybe like me. A little. Maybe
6. Zay has a big appetite.

And that was all I had. There was nothing really weird except for four.

I put the list away, and pulled out my science book, takin notes on the section that was assigned. A couple hours passed and I still wasn't done, but I was done mentally.

I needed to get more rest. What happened with Zay along with school made me exhausted. I fell asleep the same way as last night, but this time I thought of the way his hand had felt on my arm. That was a feeling I never wanted to forget.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

476 28 11
Nova disguise as a boy to enter the military school. If she is discovered as a girl, she will be kicked out. She is desperate to hide from trackers w...
3.5K 205 21
intro in first chapter. read to find out. but.... Amber is a very rare werewolf, she gets teased very day by the same two boys, her life is a crazy s...
38.5K 997 17
"Darling." He smirked and eyed my lips. "Promises can be broken." "I don't break promises," I aimed to assure. "I know because I know you." He stretc...
103K 2.5K 8
"Goddess, you're so perfect." he breathed the words, staring up at her as she moved rhythmically up and down above him, her breasts bouncing as he gr...