hold me tight | yoonmin

By jinnism

yoongi likes everything that jimin is and jimin doesn't seem to notice. copyright © 4sokjin More

intro.
one-sided
pain
let go
i like you
feelings
blossom
broken
blind
unbalanced
i love you
recovering
morning
vacation
relax
!Skin
serenity
unconditional
riptide
starry
night
day
A/N - 10K
Q&A
MAJOR EDITS AHEAD

you

8.5K 458 352
By jinnism

please listen to the youtube video above for a better reading experience as you pace through chapter. thank you.

it's yoongi's birthday

wow

I've got everything set up. party stuff. there's colored tissue papers hanging from the ceiling and there's a big banner in the living room that says 'happy day of birth pd min'

I think yoongi will be really happy

it's a surprise birthday party. I told him to go buy some bananas or smth at the grocery store for a while so I can get the whole gang here

taehyung is here atm looking at me writing in this journal

gguk, namjoon hyung, seokjin hyung, and hoseok hyung are here too

mmmmboy

I am very excited!!!

-jimin, the content

"i'm going to fucking shit on your fucking face if you dare lay a finger on that goddamn cake," Seokjin hisses. a great way to start the day.

"hold your horses boys, Yoongi will be back in most likely an hour, so get those colorful balloons up and floating—and stop using all the helium for yourself!" Jimin scolds, seeing Namjoon and Jeongguk giggle to each other in high pitched voices. he hopes that this party won't be a mess.

Namjoon wears a donald duck party hat, Jeongguk a buggs bunny one, Taehyung a pikachu one, Seokjin a piplup one. Hoseok isn't wearing one yet. he's still choosing between this horse one and another llama one. Jimin wears a mickey mouse hat. he's prepared a minnie mouse party hat for the special boy—Yoongi.

it's 2 minutes until Jimin is sure Yoongi will be knocking on that door, so he orders the rest of them shut off the lights and get in position, huddled into the narrow space of their hallway.

they hear nonchalant footsteps outside. the door clicks open.

"i'm b—"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" the six of them shout, Jimin pops a party popper and the confetti lands delicately onto yoongi's surprised face.

"wow Yoongi, you look spiffy in that hoodie and sweatpants." Hoseok cackles to himself. Seokjin is at the end of the hall, he was in charge of turning on the lights once Yoongi came.

"you guys didn't have to do this," he sounds shy, but he has the biggest smile on his face right now.

"wait, you actually fell for jimin's trick?" taehyung deadpans.

"was I supposed to...?"

"yup, good job."

Jimin grabs Yoongi's hands, smiling widely as he locks eyes with Yoongi, eye smile evident. Yoongi's gummy smile is as wonderful as ever, and he is just radiating happiness right now. "i hope you like it." Jimin tells him, hand gently caressing Yoongi's cheek. Yoongi nuzzles just slightly into it.

"thank you, Jimin." Yoongi says quietly.

"happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you! happy birthday dear—"

"—min suga jjang jjang bbong bbong!" Taehyung shouts.

"happy birthday to youuu!"

Seokjin places the cake he had made for Yoongi in front of him. it's covered in white frosting, a little decorative blue bell flower in the corner, with some candy littered over it and some pocky stuck behind the flower. it's a carrot cake, because that's yoongi's favourite, and it says to our precious bean in black lettering. it's beautiful.

their are three candles lit, and Seokjin hurriedly says: "make a wish, make a wish!" before Yoongi can blow them out.

Yoongi smiles again, ear to ear, before closing his eyes to make his wish and blow out the candles. they clap and congratulate Yoongi, Hoseok and Taehyung immediately coming to hug him once he stands. "yah!" Yoongi says, sapping Hoseok and taehyung's arms playfully.

"before we eat the cake, we need to have dinner." Seokjin says. "Namjoon helped me make the seaweed soup, and we made some grilled short ribs as well."

"wow." Yoongi gapes, flabbergasted. "thank you so much." 

"we did this for you." Namjoon says, "now c'mon, let's eat. i'm starving."

he seems really, really happy right now.

he is radiating light like the sun and it's so beautiful.

i love him i love him i love him i love him

for some odd reason, all five of them have dropped dead (not literally). 

they're completely passed out everywhere. Namjoon and Seokjin's limbs tangled on the couch, looking as blissful as ever. jeongguk's sprawled out across the floor, Taehyung's arm wrapped around his shoulder, face nuzzling into his neck. hoseok's sitting at the dining table, face planted onto it as he sleeps all his worries away.

it's been a long day, with a very happy Yoongi.

the flat smells of men. it also kind of smells like soju, but only Namjoon had taken a shot. he was already blushed just from one. Yoongi wouldn't even last a sip of it, so he decided not to drink on his birthday. he wanted to spend every moment aware of this—because frankly, this might be just the happiest he's been in such a long time. their story didn't begin here, nor end here.

Jimin had promised him happiness the day they started dating.

"i will always, unconditionally love you, no matter what." he had said.

"you're so cheesy." Yoongi had replied.

the first few months were still very rough after they had started dating. it seemed that everything was going yoongi's way, but really there were still ups and downs. nothing was perfect, and nothing will ever be perfect. they're human, after all, and they feel things.

occasionally, Yoongi would go back to his lowest — in the bathroom, sitting in the bathtub filled up to the brim with water. he could kill himself, he really could. he could let go of everything and he would finally feel something similar to nirvana.

but Jimin always, always noticed the lack of warmth in bed at four am in the morning and found Yoongi in the bathroom, door locked. and Yoongi always knew when Jimin would be there. his small shadow was evident on the other side. and Jimin would wait. he would wait, and wait, and wait, until Yoongi would unlock the door softly, letting Jimin inside.

"go away." Yoongi had told him.

"no." Jimin replied stubbornly.

"i want to die, Jimin." Yoongi had whispered. "i could just lower my head right now silently and drown myself." 

"i know." Jimin said. "but i won't let you do that, not ever, not again."

Yoongi hadn't said anything after that. they sat in the silence for hours on end.

"i love you, Yoongi. please remember that."

and they would continue like this for a while. that was until whenever Yoongi would try to get up from bed, Jimin would grip onto him, making sure Yoongi didn't have the power to let go. it was so late whenever this happened, but Jimin had always successfully stopped Yoongi from going to the bathroom. Yoongi ended up not going to the bathroom to contemplate the value of his life soon.

and that was an improvement. 

Jimin was patient, loving. like he promised. 

Yoongi knew he could trust him. always.

Jimin has yoongi by the waist, other hands fingers intertwined with his, and it's so, so warm

they sway softly to lean on me, little giggles here and there. Yoongi smiles shyly as Jimin holds his hands tighter like he's never going to let go. if life is like this—Yoongi will never want to leave—if it means Jimin will always be there for him. he knows Jimin will be there for him.

they make sure not to be loud as their friends are sleeping soundly in various parts of the flat, gently stepping over some limbs here and there. Jimin has never smiled so much, the dim lights seem dark compared to his bright smile.

lean on me, did you wait for me?

 Jimin lets go of yoongi's waist, opting to hold yoongi's free hand instead. he gently cups yoongi's cheek, and Yoongi nudges towards it ever so slightly. they meet eyes, yoongi's pretty lashes fluttering as he blinks to look at Jimin.

for me, it was you, but it took such a long time

"happy birthday, Yoongi." Jimin tells him. Yoongi smiles, unaware of the pink that creeps onto his cheeks. Jimin can feel the warmth on his own cheeks as well, and he chuckles silently to himself.

my heart tells me that i will protect you

"thank you." Yoongi says. he presses their foreheads together, eyes closed, smiling to no one in particular. "thank you so, so much." he whispers before closing the space between them and kissing Jimin softly. his lips are plush, and it's yoongi's way of saying i love you back.

i will stay by your side

Jimin kisses him back, and they're hugging each other tightly now, arms wrapped around each other.

lean on me.

Yoongi has always looked Jimin's way. to him—it seemed like Jimin would never care to notice just how much Yoongi loves him.

it didn't take Yoongi long to realize he had fallen in love with park Jimin. in fact, Namjoon was the one who brought it up at first. "you look at him like one forever isn't enough." he had said, and Yoongi had reached an epiphany. 

you look at him like one forever isn't enough

and it's true, because he would do anything to stay by Jimin's side, even if it meant his love would never be reciprocated, even if it meant Jimin would never touch him softly of kiss him like he'll never let Yoongi go—even if it meant that—as long as Jimin was happy, and as long as Yoongi was happy for him.

it always seemed like Jimin's back faced Yoongi. and he thought it would be like this forever.

but this time, Jimin looks back.

THE END

thank you for my readers who were here when i was at 100 views. thank you for the new readers who vote on every chapter and comment enthusiastically. thank you for all my silent readers, thank you for enjoying my book.

i started off doing this because it was fun, but it kind of blew up, and i'm thankful. 

i am always reading your comments. i am sorry for not replying to all of them, but please know i see what you are saying.

thank you for those who were waiting for the last chapter. we've come a long way, haven't we? 

i would like to thank these readers in particular:

ONETWOYOONGI

ARMYPrincessSarahlee

yoongipark

Redrooi

creativeshipper

astrogay

seoulpunk

KH_Yoonmin

jupiterjongin

-adultchild

yamato-hoe

there are so many more of you but i want to thank you all for commenting so many nice things on multiple chapters. there's many more of you and i am just as thankful for all of you too.

and finally, doichi who helped me with writing many chapters and inspired me to make the ending like this. i can't thank you enough.

♡ i hope you all love the ending. please comment your thoughts on this line ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

514K 36.5K 52
Even at the peak of his career Jimin feels like his life is dull. Till he meets someone who lights up his entire world.
2.2K 166 31
"What I have with you, I don't want it with anyone else." BTS Jeon Jungkook FF © 2018 -bangtaened/_cutaeyong
27.3K 804 51
In where Taehyung, a what seems like a normal boy, slowly realizes what true love is once him and Yoongi make an encounter But of course, problems be...
896 150 14
Jimin's had enough of the big city life, so he moves to a small town. When he meets his neighbor in a strange way, he feels compelled to help her.