After I lost you

De DeathNoteFan02

After her husband's death, Edith gets back to Buffalo with Allan, but her life will never be the same. What s... Mais

Chapter 1: Leaving Allerdale Hall
Chapter 2: On board
Chapter 3: Mum's ghost
Chapter 4: A big secret revealed
Chapter 5:Facing the truth
Chapter 6: Trapped in another world
Chapter 7: Priorities
Chapter 8:The proposal
Chapter 9: Saying goodbye
Chapter 10: A new story
Chapter 11: Allerdale Hall
Chapter 12: Plans for the future
Chapter 13: Midnight
Chapter 14: An act of love
Chapter 15: The letter
Chapter 17: Another ghost
Chapter 18: Lucille
Chapter 19: Taking responsibilities
Chapter 21: Never forgetting
Chapter 23: Going for it
Chapter 16: The old man
Chapter 24: The barn
Chapter 25: Some...exciting news
Chapter 26: The wedding
Chapter 27: The Smiths
Chapter 28: Weird things going on
Chapter 29: Secrets
Chapter 30: Birthday
Chapter 31: Surprise
Chapter 32: The truth
Chapter 33: Two as one
Chapter 34: New house
Chapter 35: Hard work
Chapter 36: Death in the house
Chapter 37: The funeral
Chapter 38: The last weeks
Chapter 39: The house is ready.
Chapter 22: Breaking off the engagment

Chapter 20: An unexpected surpise

301 13 1
De DeathNoteFan02

The following days, it was pouring with rain so Thalia and old Billy couldn't work on the playground. But that didn't stop them! They were painting the house all day and all night and by the end of the week the house was fully painted. I was really sad that I couldn't help them. Every time I was trying to do something for them, they were complaining that I didn't rest enough.

On Monday, there was a knock on the door. I was laying on the sofa and was almost asleep. "I'll open miss." Thalia said and walked towards the door. "Oh sir Alan! What a great surpise!" When I heard her, I got up immediatelly. "Hello Thalia, it's nice to see you too" I heard Alan saying. They started coming towards me. "Alan, welcome." I said. "Edith, you look good." he said. "Thalia and old Billy are experts in taking care of me" I said "I see. How's the baby?" he asked me "Oh, everyhing in great, nothing wrong." I lied. "You must be really tired. Thalia, why don't you show Alan his bedroom?" I turned and said to Thalia. "And then we should have lunch" I suggested "Right miss. This way." she told Alan and both of them went upstairs.

"I saw that you have repaired the roof and painted the whole house." Alan exclaimed when we all gathered to have lunch. "Yeah, Old Billy and Thalia did it." "Well, then I have to say that they did an excellent job. The house looks really different." "It's my pleasure to work for miss Sharpe" Old Billy said. "Future miss Mcmichael." Alan said. Everyone looked at me surpised. "Alan, we said that we would discuss about it later." I said, trying not to look angry, beacause the truth is, that I was. How could he have metioned the engagment without asking me first? "Oh, right, I am sorry" He said but clearly he wasn't so sorry. I could see it in his eyes. An uncomfortable silence followed our last words and we kept eating, saying nothing else.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

17.1K 922 30
Harry Potter has already lived one life- gone to the past to live another and has now returned to live his third- or rather redo his first. Except h...
8K 293 7
For many years the Wizarding world, live in peace and harmony after the demise of the Dark Lord. No one knew how he had died, or who had destroyed hi...
335K 12.8K 56
he didn't know he was looking for love. she didn't know vampires were real. is it fate, or something else entirely?
108K 3K 46
Tom Riddle/OC she stumbles upon a Time-Turner and sends herself seventy years into the past. but will she come back completely unchanged?