After I lost you

By DeathNoteFan02

After her husband's death, Edith gets back to Buffalo with Allan, but her life will never be the same. What s... More

Chapter 1: Leaving Allerdale Hall
Chapter 2: On board
Chapter 3: Mum's ghost
Chapter 4: A big secret revealed
Chapter 5:Facing the truth
Chapter 6: Trapped in another world
Chapter 7: Priorities
Chapter 8:The proposal
Chapter 9: Saying goodbye
Chapter 10: A new story
Chapter 11: Allerdale Hall
Chapter 12: Plans for the future
Chapter 14: An act of love
Chapter 15: The letter
Chapter 17: Another ghost
Chapter 18: Lucille
Chapter 19: Taking responsibilities
Chapter 20: An unexpected surpise
Chapter 21: Never forgetting
Chapter 23: Going for it
Chapter 16: The old man
Chapter 24: The barn
Chapter 25: Some...exciting news
Chapter 26: The wedding
Chapter 27: The Smiths
Chapter 28: Weird things going on
Chapter 29: Secrets
Chapter 30: Birthday
Chapter 31: Surprise
Chapter 32: The truth
Chapter 33: Two as one
Chapter 34: New house
Chapter 35: Hard work
Chapter 36: Death in the house
Chapter 37: The funeral
Chapter 38: The last weeks
Chapter 39: The house is ready.
Chapter 22: Breaking off the engagment

Chapter 13: Midnight

335 17 0
By DeathNoteFan02

Thalia and old Billy spent the rest of the day planting and watering the back yard. Fortunately, they let me help them. My job was to find things that we had to throw away. I was getting up and down the stairs, opening and closing drawers and cupboards. It was quite tiring so I had to stop and sit every 5 minuites. At 10, we all gathered and had dinner and then got upstairs to sleep.

In the middle of the night, I woke up to the sound of someone's voice. "Edith..." It was saying my name. I checked the clock: midnight. I got up and opened the door. "Edith..." The voice continued saying. I soon understood that it was coming from the attic. I ran up the stairs and walked towards Thomas' workshop.

And there he was. The voice. It was Thomas'. "Thomas...is...is it really you?" I asked, trying to hold my tears back. "Edith...you came back." He said. He still had that sad look on his face. "Why are you doing this? Why did you call for me? Aren't you mad at me?" I was really confused. "Why would I ever be mad at you my dear Edith?" "In my dream, you...you were..." "I don't know what you are talking about." "It wasn't you? In my dream? It wasn't you who told me to come back?" "No." he said. And now I finally understood. It was me. I was the one that told me to come back. "So...you, you know nothing about the baby..." I whispered. "What baby?" "I am pregnant Thomas." I felt something wet on my cheek. Tears. They were falling like rain. "You...The night at the post office..." I notted. I could not speak. "Oh, my dear Edith... What a monster I am...I let Lucille hurt you and our baby..." I knew it was difficult for him to speak too. I could see his hand shaking. "No, no...don't be sorry. It's all my fault. If I hadn't let you go and burn that paper... You would be alive now and..." I felt my body shaking, I could not stay still. And then, darkness. "Edith!" That was the last thing I heard Thomas saying...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 36.8K 89
When Harry got hit by the killing curse, he thought that would be the end of his life. He was happy that he could reunite with his loved ones in the...
14.1K 637 113
Emily Visser, 21, leaves Switzerland to move to London for a few months to try to put her life back together. She meets Tom Hiddleston, 40 years old...
335K 12.8K 56
he didn't know he was looking for love. she didn't know vampires were real. is it fate, or something else entirely?
35.3K 1.4K 28
How devastating would it be for our beloved hacker - Jake to find out that our beloved MC is dead! Is she really dead? or if she is not dead then wh...