After I lost you

By DeathNoteFan02

After her husband's death, Edith gets back to Buffalo with Allan, but her life will never be the same. What s... More

Chapter 1: Leaving Allerdale Hall
Chapter 2: On board
Chapter 3: Mum's ghost
Chapter 4: A big secret revealed
Chapter 5:Facing the truth
Chapter 6: Trapped in another world
Chapter 7: Priorities
Chapter 9: Saying goodbye
Chapter 10: A new story
Chapter 11: Allerdale Hall
Chapter 12: Plans for the future
Chapter 13: Midnight
Chapter 14: An act of love
Chapter 15: The letter
Chapter 17: Another ghost
Chapter 18: Lucille
Chapter 19: Taking responsibilities
Chapter 20: An unexpected surpise
Chapter 21: Never forgetting
Chapter 23: Going for it
Chapter 16: The old man
Chapter 24: The barn
Chapter 25: Some...exciting news
Chapter 26: The wedding
Chapter 27: The Smiths
Chapter 28: Weird things going on
Chapter 29: Secrets
Chapter 30: Birthday
Chapter 31: Surprise
Chapter 32: The truth
Chapter 33: Two as one
Chapter 34: New house
Chapter 35: Hard work
Chapter 36: Death in the house
Chapter 37: The funeral
Chapter 38: The last weeks
Chapter 39: The house is ready.
Chapter 22: Breaking off the engagment

Chapter 8:The proposal

362 17 2
By DeathNoteFan02

Half a month had passed. Another half and then I would leave America. Every week, I was visiting Alan and we talked about the baby. I was one and a half months pregnant now. It felt really strange to have someone inside you and I was constantly thinking about how I would raise my child, without Thomas, all alone...

Just a week before we would leave for England, Alan visited me. I was in my room when Thalia knocked the door and came in. "Miss, sir Alan is downstairs and is asking for you." she told me "Tell him to come upstairs." "Sure." she said and left.

A minuite later, Alan came in. "Alan, what do you want?" I asked him. "Edith, there is something I want to ask you..." he said. "Sure, what is it?" I told him. I noticed that he had taken a small, velvet ring case and then kneeled. "Edith Cushing, will you marry me?" I was shocked. Did he just proposed to me? "Alan...I...I am sorry...I can't." I said with a trembling voice. "What do you mean you can't?" "I only see you as a friend. And I would never marry anyone after what happened between Thomas and me... I can't do this to him." I said. "Oh, come on now Edith! You are always talking about Thomas! " he said angrily. "Please...please stop...I..." I tried to explain. Tears were falling from my eyes. "He tried to kill you! He tried to kill me! Forget him! He is dead now!" That was it. I couldn't take it anymore. "How you dare talking like that about him! He saved both you and me!" I started screaming. "Oh yeah? Didn't he poisoned you? Didn't he..." "STOP IT! GET OUT OF HERE NOW! NOW!" I said angrily. "Fine!" he said and left, shutting the door behind him...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 541 19
After losing her father to his job, Victoria's life quickly takes a 180 when her mother marries a strange man just months after to her husband's deat...
307K 7.3K 22
⚠️Trigger Warnings In This Story!!!⚠️ Sofia thought she would have to live with the abusive she gets from her father forever, but one day, as she cle...
117K 2.3K 11
Lyra Lupin-Black, the daughter of alleged masse murder and a werewolf. What happens when she travels back in time with Harry Potter, The-Boy-Who-Live...
275K 10.8K 113
BLURB: She fell and rose again minus her heart. She had lost her life and her breaths tainted her future. She knew it was wrong that HE was wrong but...