Let Me Be Your Last | z.m vs...

Da oopsitslucy

She was just a normal girl until she won a life changing competition. The girl was now on her way to Spain to... Altro

Let me be your Last (Zayn Malik vs Niall Horan Fanfic)
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
IMPORTANT A/N PLEASE READ + TRAILER
IMPORTANT A/N + TRAILER PLEASE READ
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue
Let Me Take You Higher

Chapter 20

548 15 6
Da oopsitslucy

Hello guys!!! This is a really long chapter (6 pages on word!) so it should be about 3 or 4 pages on here!

This chapter is dedicated to @Loveohair because she gave me some really sweet feedback on the last chapter, thank you so much!!! Love you <333

Please comment feedback and vote, I feel like some of you are just being silent readers which is kind of annoying because I really want to know what you think!!!

Thank you guys :)

Lucy xxx

Y/n's P.O.V.

When we got back to the beach, Zayn was gone. The boys all checked their phones for messages and Liam told us that Zayn had gone back to the hotel on a bus. Apparently he was feeling ill. I knew he wasn’t, but the others all bought it so I just went along with it.

It was late afternoon by the time we had finished swimming with dolphins, which was incredible! They were really cute and friendly! 

We decided to stay at the beach for a few more hours, and bought some fish and chips from a little shop just next to the pier. We all sat in the warm sand, eating the greasy chips out of the little polystyrene boxes, facing the sea as the sun grew ever closer to the horizon. Niall slyly reached over and snatched one of my chips, shoving it in his mouth and grinning at me smugly. 

"D'you know what?" I said, shifting myself round to face him. "I feel sorry for whoever you end up marrying if you're going to steal her food all the time. She'll starve!"

"It was only one chip!" Niall protested.  

"You ended up eating half of mine on Monday at the water park!" I pointed out.

"That's a fair point." Liam joined in with me.

"Admit it Niall, you would eat anything!" Louis smiled.

"I wouldn't eat anything. I don't like sprouts. No one likes them." Niall grinned smugly, as if he knew exactly what the reaction to him quoting the video diaries would be.

"No! That's what I say!" Shouted Louis, hurling himself at Niall and tickling him. I giggled. I guess they remember all the video diary jokes just as well as Directioners do.

Harry decided to join in too, seeming intent on embarrassing Niall. "You like (y/n) though. Would you eat her?" 

"I don't like her anymore. She's mean to me." Niall blushed, and tried to conceal it with a scowl. We all laughed at him. "In fact, I don't like any of you anymore, you're all mean to me." He turned to face away from us, his arms folded.

"Oh, Niall. It's ok. Here, you can have the rest of my fish. I'm full now." I handed him half of my fish, and he quickly gobbled it up and smiled at me.

"I wasn't really angry at you. I just did that to get more food" I sighed, I probably should have known. "We should build a bonfire!" He stood up and held his hand out to me. "Come on! There's a big pile of driftwood over there!"

He pulled me up and we ran hand-in-hand over to the driftwood. We picked up a big, dry piece and hauled it back over to the others. 

"Come on, help us then!" I called, before running back over to the pile with Niall. The others joined in and after about five minutes, we had a large bonfire, ready to be lit. 

"We don't have anything to light it with!" Liam pointed out. 

"Fine, I'll do it!" Harry sighed, kneeling down and getting to work on a couple of pieces of wood, rubbing them together, his muscles twitching with the effort. Liam joined in too, and soon all the boys were working on a few small pieces of driftwood, while Tally and I basked lazily in the last few golden rays of sun as it set. 

"Got it!" Louis cried, throwing his burning driftwood into the pile. 

"Me too!" Niall called, tossing his in after Louis’. 

Liam and Harry's pieces of driftwood quickly caught fire too, and dumped them on the bonfire. 

"I know! One of my guitars is in the minibus; I'll go and get it!" Niall smiled, running off towards the car park.

I smiled after him and sat down in front of the fire. Harry sat next to me, Liam next to Harry, Louis next to Liam and Tally sat on Louis' lap. Niall returned with his guitar and sat down next to me. I watched him get it out of its case and carefully tune it. He slowly strummed out a chord pattern on the guitar, nodding his head in time to the rhythm. I smiled as the music filled the air around us. Niall was incredible at playing the guitar! I mean, obviously I'd heard him play before, but you never realise just how good he is until you hear him play it for real, not on a CD or through huge speakers at a concert. When he's playing just for you. After about a minute of playing a complicated strumming pattern, he simplified it, and I knew what was coming. The iconic chords and strumming pattern; of course he was playing their debut hit!

"You're insecure, 

Don't know what for,

You're turning heads when your walk through the door-or-or,

Don't need make-up,

To cover up,

Being the way that you are is enou-ou-ough.

Everyone else in the room can see it,

Everyone else but you-ou.”

Harry, Louis and Liam joined in at the chorus, and Tally and I nodded our heads in time to the rhythm, both with huge smiles plastered across our faces.

“Baby you light up my world like nobody else,

The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed,

But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell,

You don't know, oh oh,

You don't know you're beautiful, oh-oh,

That's what makes you beautiful.

So c-come on,

You've got it wrong,

To prove I'm right, I put it in a so-o-ong,

I don't know why,

You're being shy, 

And turn away, when I look into your ey-ey-eyes.

Everyone else in the room can see it,

Everyone else but you-ou.

Baby you light up my world like nobody else,

The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed,

But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell,

You don't know, oh-oh,

You don't know you're beautiful, oh-oh,

That's what makes you beautiful.”

By the time they’d got to the “Na na na na na na na na na na”s, Tally and I were on our feet, doing some crazy dancing. Louis jumped up and joined in with Tally, and Liam, Harry and Niall started dancing with me, even though Niall was still playing his guitar.

When it was Harry’s bit, he came over to me and started over-acting the lyrics, teasing me. Over his shoulder, I could see Louis mouthing the words to tally, but in a much more serious way than Harry. It was cute; they were the perfect couple.

“Baby you light up my world like nobody else,

The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed,

But when you smile at the ground it ain’t hard to tell

You don’t know, oh-oh,

You don’t know you’re beautiful,

Baby you light up my world like nobody else,

The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed,

But when you smile at the ground it ain’t hard to tell,

You don’t know, oh-oh,

You don’t know you’re beautiful,

If only you saw what I can see,

You’ll understand why I want you so desperately,

Right now I’m looking at you and I can’t believe,

You don’t know, oh-oh,

You don’t know you’re beautiful, oh-oh,

That’s what makes you beautiful.”

Tally and I clapped enthusiastically as the song drew to a close. 

"This is so fun! It's like having our own personal gig!" I giggled. Their voices were like Niall's guitar too; you always knew that they were amazing, but in real life it was stunning!

"You sing something (y/n)!" Said Niall. 

"Yeah, I bet you're great at singing!" Liam said.

"She is!" Tally smiled. "Please (y/n)? We could do our cover of Taken!" We did a cover of it a few months back, with Tally playing the guitar and us both singing. 

I sighed. "Ok, can we use your guitar Niall?" 

"Sure!" He replied, and I handed it over to Tally. She began playing the simple chord pattern, and I started singing the first verse.

“Now that you can't have me

You suddenly want me

Now that I'm with somebody else

You tell me you love me

I slept on your doorstep

Begging for one chance

Now that I finally moved on

You say that you missed me all along”

Tally came in with a harmony at the chorus. She had a beautiful voice, it was clear and unique.

“Who do you think you are?

Who do you think I am?

You only love to see me breaking

You only want me cause I'm taken

You don't really want my heart

No, you just like to know you can

Still be the one who gets it breaking

You only want me when I'm taken”

Tally sang the second verse and chorus, and I harmonised some of the lines.

“You're messing with my head

Boy that's what you do best

Saying there's nothing you won't do

To get me to say yes

You're impossible to resist

But I wouldn't bet your heart on it

It's like I'm finally awake

And you're just a beautiful mistake,

Who do you think you are?

Who do you think I am?

You only love to see me breaking

You only want me cause I'm taken

You don't really want my heart

No, you just like to know you can

Still be the one who gets it breaking

You only want me when I'm taken,”

When we got to the Bridge, the harmonies actually sounded really good. I glanced at the boys, they were all getting really into it!

“Thank you for showing me

Who you are underneath

No, thank you, I don't need

Another heartless misery

You think I'm doing this to make you jealous

And I know that you hate to hear this

But this is not about you anymore,

Who do you think you are?

Who do you think I am?

You only love to see me breaking

You only want me cause I'm taken

You don't really want my heart

No, you just like to know you can

Still be the one who gets it breaking

You only want me when I'm taken,

Now that you can't have me

You suddenly want me”

"Wow! That was incredible!" Liam grinned as we finished the last chord.

"You've both got gorgeous voices!" Louis drew Tally closer to him and kissed her forehead, while she leaned her head on his shoulders. 

"Uncle Simon should sign you!" Added Harry. 

I laughed. "Tally's great, but I'm nothing special!"

"Oh, of course you're not." Niall rolled his eyes sarcastically.

"No I'm not!" I protested. 

"So, what shall we sing now then?" Harry asked, changing the subject.

"Please do Truly, Madly, Deeply!" I begged them.

Niall giggled. "Your wish is my command!"

They sang it for me and Tally, and we both joined in when it got to Zayn's part, and also on the chorus. I kept noticing Niall looking at me during it with a glazed look over his beautiful blue eyes, which made me feel a bit uneasy; I wasn't sure why.

We stayed on the beach for a few more hours, singing, laughing, chatting and dancing until the fire eventually died out.

Aww I love this chapter, it's so cute!!! Anyway what do you guys think of the story so far???

The target for the next chapter is...

4 votes

2 comments

and 3 new followers!!!

Or else, NO CHAPTER!!!

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

6.6K 10 40
Written by @AndreaLotter and myself. This is a story about a young girl who knows the boys of One Direction; her best friend is Niall Horan, and the...
2.3K 84 22
•Zayn Malik Fanfict• It has been about 10 years since One Direction has started. The boys' career has grown gradually slow. Sadly Zayn and Perrie ha...
58.2K 769 56
This is the story of a girl named Y/N and a boy named Harry Styles. They start off as best friends and are close. (But not as close as Harry and Loui...
113K 7.4K 100
"Louis. You're my guardian angel. You saved my life." I say shakily. My voice is unstable and I can't even recognize it anymore. I squeeze his soft w...