What the Rebels Want: Maxon...

By 7halfbloodss

35 girls. 1 crown. The competition of a lifetime. Only 6 remain. Only 1 can win. 1 prince and 1 Five become 1... More

Synopsis
|1|
|2|
|3|
|4|
|5|
|6|
|8|
|9|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|

|7|

593 15 18
By 7halfbloodss

One Eventful Day

Maxon grabbed my hand as we walked around the garden, just after the clock striked 12. The beautiful garden was constantly being taken care of, and as Maxon and I made our way around the multiple statues and figurines, I couldn't find a single leaf out of place or not trimmed.

The weather outside also helped make the place look more gorgeous. And it especially made the man right next to me look more handsome.

Maxon was wearing a white, kind of see-through shirt, with white shorts that matched the color of the shirt. His right hand was tucked into his pocket while his left hand was in mine. Evert time I looked over at him, to see how his hair caught the light, or his eyes shining in reflection of the sun, I caught him staring at me. He looked down at me, trying to not make it obvious, yet it really was.

"What?" I asked at some point.

"Nothing." An amused expression glossed over his face.

I cocked an eyebrow at him while we sat down on a near bench. I laid my head on his shoulder, and thought about our second day of the honeymoon. So far, the days... haven't been that eventful. It's not like I didn't like it! No. I just... I don't know. We talked, yes, but our conversations weren't as open as they used to be. I guess it was just that we didn't see each other during the day, and by the time we made it to each other for dinner, we had a lot to talk about then.

"You know, America." I looked up at him. "This, no offense, isn't really my idea of a honeymoon."

"Mine either," I admitted. I also had to admit that it took real strength for someone to admit that, especially Maxon. "Hmph. Oh! I know!" I grinned.

"What?" He grinned as well.

"Let's go to the library!" At that his face fell, and I placed my hand on his chin. "No, let's play a game there!"

Maxon casted his eyes down in disappointment at my idea. I placed my other palm on his cheek and pulled him close. I closed my eyes just as our lips touched. Usually, in the movies I'd seen, kisses in the garden were soft and cute, just like the hedges and plants. They tended to be first kisses, where the two were timid and not sure where their relationship was going.

This was no first kiss. His mouth was fully on mine, my lips bursting with pleasure and passion. His hands grabbed frantically at my waist as I ran my fingers through the length of his hair. His tongue, brushing over my lip, slipped in between my mouth and sizzled against my own. My back, before I knew it, was on the bench and he was sitting above me. Our necks and heads moved in sync to an untapped beat.

Once we finally pulled away from our heated make out session, Maxon panted over me, his breath blowing my hair back.

"To the library?" he asked.

=======    

We entered the library, Maxon pulling my arm into the room. "So, what's the game?"

"Find multiple books in here that spell our name." I looked at Maxon.

"But your name is America! That's so many letters!"

"Exactly." I smiled wickedly. "You get to spell my name and I spell yours."

"Nooo," he groaned.

"Yesssss," I replied. "Let's start." I went to the first shelf on the right, and found a whole contemporary and fantasy section of the early 2000's. I found "Miss Mayhem" for M. "Anti-goddess" for A.

"Actually I think yours is harder... X!" Maxon yelled.

"Nooo!" I yelled. "I'll skip that one for now." I found "Obsidian" for O, and "A Night Divided" for N. Now X--

"Found America!" Maxon shouted. I walked around the shelf, and sure enough, Maxon had stacked my name in books. I decided to play around with him, for beating me at my own game.

"But that isn't how you spell my name," I deadpanned.

Maxon's face fell. "What?" The word was sharp, like a knife driving straight into a wall. "America, I signed paper work using your name spelled that way-- You're kidding aren't you." The realization hit him, and a smug look appeared on his face. "Alright, if you want to play that game, I guess we won't go to our moonlight rooftop dinner tonight."

My heart dropped to my feet. "No!" I whined. "I'm sorry! I thought it would be funny! No please!" I ran up to him and placed my hands on his chest. I dropped my voice down to a whisper. "No, please," I pleaded.

Maxon squinted his eyes at me. Then he rolled them around. "I would never ever take away something as important as our honeymoon away from you. Never. Ever. In fact, I don't think I'd ever take anything away from you." I nodded my head in shame.

It was funny how quickly this escalated from being a fun, time consuming library scavenger hunt, to a serious talk from Maxon.

"America, I promised you I would spoil you in every way," he murmured. "And I will never stop."

"Okay," I whispered. I reached up on my toes and placed a feather light kiss on his lips. "I'll see you at the rooftop." And with that said, I left him at the library, staring after me.

=======

I'm not one to stare at myself in the mirror for 10 minutes admiring my beauty, so trust me when I say this: I spent 15 minutes staring at my gorgeousness in the mirror.

I know, I know, I sound self- absorbed, shallow, and extremely bold, but this was worth my personality change.

I was wearing a red, sparkly floor-length dress that dipped at the back to my low waist. I wore 5 inch black Louboutins with a red sole.

Each silver speck on the gown gleamed in the light. The front of the dress, equally sparkly as the rest, was rippled down my chest-- not too low. A small red pendant in the shape of a cherry laid on my chest. My hair, even more strawberry blond than usual, reflected the dress and was clipped back on the sides with a small cherry hair piece. I wore silver earrings that blinked in the light.

I may or may not have a new obsession with cherries instead of strawberries.

"Oh!" Lucy cried, squishing her cheeks together. "You look marvelous!" I turned around to face her and pressed her tight to my chest. 

"Thank you, Lucy! I really love this dress." I smiled and tilted my head towards her. 

"And I think King Maxon will really like it too." She winked at me, causing me to briefly look away to contain my giggle and blush. 

"Alright, well, goodnight." I waved one hand to her and walked out into the hallway, making sure to acknowledge the guards stationed outside my door. The highest ranked one nodded back, and I'm pretty sure him and a few of the six in total paused to look at my clothing before directing their eyes to the wall in front of them. I mentally scoffed at their actions, but I couldn't deny that I was glad I caught their eyes. 

When I made it to the stairs, I had to lift my dress up to prevent it from getting caught on the steps. The giant stilettos didn't help either, but I did eventually make it. 

Once I climbed up another set of stairs, there was a doorway before the rooftop. I smoothed the front of my dress down and opened the door to the cold outside air.  

Maxon stood up before I could even call out to him. His hair was slicked back into this combed, professional hairstyle, thicker at the top. He was wearing a black suit with no tie or bowtie-- completely unlike him. What surprised me the most was the two buttons that were undone at the top of his dress shirt. 

I gestured to his shirt. "Wow. You look... extremely handsome," I commented. 

He walked two steps forward to reach me and grabbed me by the waist. I felt his chest beneath mine, his pulse and breaths quickening.  I was a little taller than him in the shoes, but he could still lean forward and reach my ear. "You look stunning. Ravishing. Gorgeous." His warm breath tickled my ear.

"Thanks," I softly whispered. Maxon let his eyes move up and down my front before resting on my face again. 

"Can you wear this dress for the rest or our lives?" he joked. I laughed with him. 

"I fear you'd get bored of it." 

Maxon rolled his eyes. "A dress like this? I wouldn't think it possible."

Maxon stepped behind me and pulled out my chair, pushing it in as I sat down. 

"So, my dear. I have the chef's preparing our food, which should be out soon. And I have a blanket over there," he pointed to the right, "which we can sit on afterwards." At the mention of the blanket a chill ran up my arms-- it sure was windy tonight. "Oh, America." Maxon stood up and grabbed the blanket, bringing it back to me and wrapping it around my upper-body. 

As he sat down, he laid his elbow behind him on the seat and stared at me. "What?" I shyly asked. 

"Just admiring that what sits in front of me is mine. You're mine and I am yours." He smiled and took a gulp of iced water. 

I picked up my champagne glass and raised it up. "Do we celebrate?"

"We do." He picked up his glass and met mine in the middle. I pressed the thin glass to my lips and let the liquid flow down my throat. When the glass was put back down onto the table, some of my red lipstick was printed on the rim. I hoped none of that lipstick was on my teeth. 

"The Chef has prepared a wonderful dinner for you." A butler carried two platters, a white napkin resting on the crook of his elbow. He placed both of them down in front of us and lifted my silver covering while Maxon lifted his own. 

After the butler left, his description of the meal fresh in my head, my stomach silently grumbled. Maxon and I dug in, properly of course, until our appetizers were gone. Then, the main course came and we dug in once again. By the end, I only finished half of course because I was so full. Maxon, being the big man he was, finished the whole thing and asked if I wanted dessert. 

"Or are you too full?" He asked. 

"Why, my dear," I placed my hand over my heart in feigned offense. "I have a second stomach for dessert."

Maxon laughed, his eyes crinkling at the sides. He lifted his finger up and the butler came over. "Dessert, My King?" 

"Yes," Maxon nodded. The butler nodded and left as quickly as he came. I moved my foot forward to stretch it and felt the table leg. The top of my foot was itchy, so I scratched it against the table leg. "America?"

"Yes?" I concentrated on relieving that itch. 

"What are you doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"That, my dear, would be my leg." I immediately ceased what I was doing.

"Oh, hah!" I blushed. I tried to hide my embarrassment, but in this candlelight, it was obvious. I saw Maxon lean down and felt his warm hand around my ankle. "What-?"

He lifted my foot, still under the table, and placed it on his knee. This dress never stopped amazing me, it was surprisingly stretchy. He rubbed the top of my foot and I almost moaned at how nice it was. 

"Okay, that's good." He stopped and placed my foot back on the floor.

"Do you want to have dessert on the floor?" 

"Sure." I stood up along with him. He took another blanket from a basket and placed it on the floor far enough from the table. I sat down and he placed himself next to me. I wrapped one end of the blanket around him and snuggled closer to him. I placed my legs over his and he gently slipped off my shoes. He grabbed my feet and held them, making them warm against the sudden ice cold breeze of wind. 

He placed a small kiss on my lips, making my insides jitter. I grabbed his collar and pulled him closer, moving my head in sync with his. We only broke apart when our food arrived. As I plopped desserts into his mouth, and he plopped some into mine, we were inseparable. 

Okay, I had to change my opinion from before. This day and night was perfect. 

***

Remember to vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

378K 32.9K 93
Sequel to my MHA fanfiction: •.°NORMAL°.• (So go read that one first)
795K 29.4K 97
𝐀 𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐓: you are going to die. does this worry you? ❪ tua s1 ⎯⎯⎯ 4 ❫ © 𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴𝙷𝚇𝚁𝙶𝚁𝙴𝙴𝚅𝙴𝚂...
758K 20.5K 76
မင်းဟာ လူသားတွေကိုကယ်တင်နေတဲ့ဆရာဝန်မလေးပေမယ့်ကိုယ့်အတွက်တော့ အချစ်တွေကုသပေးမယ့် အချစ်ဒေါက်တာမလေးပါ..... #စဝ်ခ...
203K 12.4K 26
"i accidentally dropped four true love's arrows on earth which hit the mikaelson brothers. oops." IN WHICH Cupid accidentally shoots four arrows of t...