No Matter What • Stilinski [...

By buzzcutdylan

[ BOOK 1 ] They will fight to protect each other; No Matter What... More

~PROLOGUE~
01// Beacon Hills High
02//First days and Lacrosse
03//Parties and Male Models
04//Hospitals and Period Pamphlets
05//Intolerable
07//Strike
08//Jackass
09//Broken
10//Pinky Swear
11//The Truth
12//Yoda's
13//Night of the Living Alpha
14//Running
15//Phone Calls
16//Effects of a Full Moon
17//No Matter What
18//Bubbling to the Surface
19//Peter Hale
20//Protecting Mr. Cheekbones
21//Shopping
22//Winter Formal
23//Finding Derek
24//Darkness
25//Dreaming
26//Only The Beginning
27//Trust You
28//Another Werewolf?
29//Fear
30//Skating Disasters
31// Helpless
32// The Test
33// Stiles the llama.
34// Ham and Cheese, or Turkey Club?
35//Restraining Order
36// Rave?
37// Finally Healing
38//Trust Your Instincts
39// The Battlefield
40// I Love You
Heart of Darkness

06//Not a Rabbit

1.6K 52 3
By buzzcutdylan

--DISCLAIMER--
I DO NOT OWN TEEN WOLF

~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 6

NOT A RABBIT

~~~~~~~~~~

The first thing Crystal saw when she arrived at School on Monday, was the fact that around six police cars were surrounding a bus in the parking lot. She got out of her car, her eager mind compelling her to walk towards the scene. She did so, just stopping at the 'CRIME SCENE' barrier. What she saw was both horrifying, and intriguing. Horrifying because the back of the buss door was more or less ripped off its hinges with blood coating the inside and outside of the bus; and intriguing because she wanted to find out more. Noticing Scott and Stiles walking out of the school entrance, pure horror etched across their faces; the teenager slowly walked up to them, Stiles noticing her first. All of his thoughts regarding his best friend and a certain tall brunette suddenly vanished as Crystal approached, a confused expression on her face. In a panic, Scott turned on his heel and headed for the school doors, searching for the Argent he hoped was okay. Stiles stayed in his place.

"What do you think happened?" Crystal asked Stiles, who was glancing between the horror show in front of him and the brunette.

"Uh, p-probably a mountain lion or something." He lied. He didn't want to believe his best friend mauled his girlfriend the night prior, but couldn't help it when the idea crossed his mind, it was too much of a coincidence.

Crystal was now standing beside the boy in plaid. And crystal internally chuckled, glancing between her own plaid shirt and his.

"Shouldn't you be going after Scott? I mean he just took off." She pointed towards the door, the sound of her voice pulling Stiles out of his inner thoughts as he turned towards the girl in plaid. He did a double take, causing a small smile to appear on his face. Crystal noticed.

"What?" She crossed her arms across her chest, looking at the boy expectantly. He shook his head rapidly.

"Wha- oh, nothing. C'mon let's look for Scott." He whisked past her, walking through the door in search for his werewolf buddy. He was at least seven or eight inches taller than the girl, so she had to jog to keep up with him.

"What's wrong with him? He seems kinda, ya know, off?" She suggested, catching up to the boy. He slowed down his pace so the brunette could keep up. He looked down at her.

"Who Scott? Wha- no he, he's fine. I think." The last part he muttered to himself. The brunette noticed the boy in question down the hall, talking to Allison, relief etched on his face. This only made the girl confused but shrugged it off as Stiles stopped and noticed the pair.

"Found him," Stiles said, he turned towards the petite brunette to see her smirking towards Jackson, who was attempting to struggle with his locker that had a huge dent in it. Jackson glanced at her.

"What the hell are you looking at Thomson?" He glared. She scoffed and Stiles grinned widely, she shrugged then grabbed Stiles by the arm, dragging him down the hall to first period.

"Serves you right, jackass." She muttered under her breathe, not quiet enough for Stiles to hear though. The voice of their principal boomed through a speaker.

"Attention students this is your principal, I know you are all wondering about the incident that occurred last night to one of our buses, but while the police work to determine what happened, classes will proceed as scheduled, thank you."

Crystal groaned and slammed her hand against her head.

"Could this day get any worse!" She screamed, Stiles sighed, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"I know, I know, let it all out. It's not like we come to school to learn, am I right?" He added sarcastically, earning a glare from Crystal. She swatted his hand away.

"Ha, very funny. That was hilarious, thank you, Stiles." Crystal retorted, rolling her eyes.

Stiles smiled, wide.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Stop smiling like a serial killer." She glanced at him weirdly, he just shook his head, the smile still on his face.

"Seriously, what?" Crystal frowned at the boy, honestly kind of concerned, is he on drugs?

"Nothing it doesn't matter, come on, don't wanna be late for Harris." Stiles turned on his heel and walked towards the class. The brunette stayed in place.

"It just got worse."

🌙

Sitting in Mr. Harris' room first period was enough for the Thomson girl to make her want to throw herself out of the window. She stared at the clock, watching it go by slowly, her head hit the desk as she groaned loudly, earning the attention of everyone in the class.

"Something bothering you,
Ms. Thomson?" Harris turned round from his place at the chalk board.

"Not at all. Just counting down the incredibly slow, painful minutes until I can get out of here." She smiled sarcastically as she propped herself up with her hands, elbows resting on the desk as she sighed.

"Well in that case, don't enjoy the thought of getting out of here too much. I'll be seeing you in detention." He smirked and continued writing on the board.

"Can't wait." Crystal sighed, picking up her pencil and began to attempt at writing, but was interrupted by the sound of muffled voices coming from behind her.

"Mr. Stilinski, if thats your idea of a hushed whisper, you might want to  pull the headphones out every once in a while, maybe you and McCall would benefit from a little distance, yes?" He stood with his hands on his hips. Crystal turned and grinned at Stiles.

"No." Stiles said. Mr Harris motioned for them to get up.

"Let me know when the separation anxiety gets to be too much."

"Ha." Stiles sarcastically laughed, he plopped down next to the empty seat next to Crystal. She glanced up.

"Missing me already Stilinski?" She smirked. He looks at her, mimicking her words in a girlish voice, which made Crystal snort.

"Hey I think I found something!" A girl from next to Scott shouted gaining everyone's attention. They all bounced from their seats, heading towards the window. Crystal stood next to Stiles and Jackson.

There was a body being wheeled out on a gurney towards an Ambulance.

"That's not a rabbit." Crystal heard Scott say, she glanced at him, confused. Obviously it's not a freaking rabbit.

Suddenly the man sat up straight in his gurney, screaming bloody murder and causing everyone to jump back. Crystal bounced back too, a yelp escaping her throat and coming in to contact with someone's chest. Turning around quickly, she came face to face with familiar hazel eyes, she backed away quickly and coughed. Stiles scratched the back of his neck and turned to face Scott, who looked terrified.

"Stiles... I did that." He whispered to his best friend. Little did he know, Crystal heard too.

🌙

Crystal didn't know why, but she found herself actually going to talk to Coach Finstock about joining the cross country team. She knows that she can run, the only reason she said she couldn't was because she didn't even want to join the cross country team. So, after a way to long conversation that consisted of Coach saying the word 'profound' an insane amount of times, she came to find it was actually lunch time. Crystal grabbed her curly fries and walked along beside Allison.

"So, what's going on between you and Scott? Any unprotected sex yet? Should we be expecting little Allison's running around any time soon?" Crystal chuckled at Allison's wide-eyed expression.

"What? No! I'm not having sex with him. And we are going on a date tomorrow, I'll have you know." She clarified as they walked with their trays of unhealthy food that probably consisted of rat poison. Crystal snickered.

"Congratulations, Argent." The brunette chuckled, a smile on her face as she stared at Allison's blushing face.

"Oh, and we are sitting with Scott and Stiles today. Don't ask." Without another word, Allison walked towards the table that the aforementioned teenage boys had claimed. Crystal's eyes widened.

"Figure out what?" She heard Lydia say as the strawberry blond plopped down beside Scott, earning a frown from the teenage boy.

"Just uh, homework." Replied Scott, his eyes slowly widening. Stiles looked baffled as to why she was sitting beside them. Crystal sat next to the Stilinski boy, a sigh escaping her lips.

"Don't ask." Was all she said.

Stiles nodded his head, leaning towards Scott. 'Why are they sitting with us?' he whispered to his best friend.

Crystal cleared her throat, leaning towards the teenage boy. "You know. I can hear you. It's not like I'm sitting right beside you or anything." She said sarcastically, popping one of her fries in her mouth.

"Get up." Crystal turned her head to see Jackson standing over some guy she had never seen before.

"Why do you never ask Danny to get up?" Nameless boy asked.

"Because I don't stare at his girlfriends coin slot," he admitted. Crystal snorted very manly like earning glances from everyone. Stiles coughed to cover up a laugh and cleared his throat.

The boy that Jackson had been rude to stood up, and Jackson sat in nameless boys original seat. Crystal shook her head and sighed.

"So I hear they're saying its some kind of animal attack, probably a cougar." Danny said, referring to the bus incident.

"I heard mountain lion," Jackson interjected. Crystal raised an eyebrow at him. If that wasn't a dumbass question, she didn't know what was.

"A cougar is a mountain lion." Crystal and Lydia corrected in unison. The brunette smirks softly at the red head; who then quickly added, "Isn't it?"

Crystal frowned at her best friend, wishing that she hadn't just said that. It made Crystal slightly annoyed at the fact Lydia wouldn't let anyone know how smart she really was, she always hid it. And the brunette knew that it was solely for Jackson's benefit.

"Who cares? The guy was probably some homeless tweaker who was gonna die anyway." Jackson stated as he narrowed his eyes at everyone.

"Jackass." Crystal coughed out, earning a chuckle from both Scott and Stiles.

Jackson rolled his eyes and continued to glare at Crystal, who refrained herself from sticking her middle finger up at him.

"Actually I just found out who it is, check it out." Stiles interjected, holding out his phone so everyone could see, Crystal shifted in her seat and leaned over Stiles arm to see.

"The Sheriff's department won't speculate on details of the incident, but confirm the victim Garrison Myers, did survive the attack Myers was taken to a local hospital where he remains in critical condition."

"I-I know this guy." Scott announced. Crystal took her attention from the phone and back on her curly fries, shoving five in her mouth.

"You do?" Allison asked. Scott nodded,

"Yeah when I used to take the bus, back when I lived with my dad,he was the driver." Scott replied.

"Can we talk about something slightly more fun please, like oh! Where are we going tomorrow night?" Allison looked confused.

"You said you and Scott where hanging out tomorrow night, right?" Lydia pressed on. Crystal covered her mouth to prevent herself from laughing.

"Um, we where thinking of what we where gonna do," Allison stated. From the side, Crystal saw stiles shake his head rapidly.

"Well, I'm not sitting home again watching lacrosse videos, so if the five of us are hanging out, we're doing something fun." Crystal stopped chewing. Slowly looking up at Lydia.

Five?

"Five?" Crystal asked, her voice muffled from her fries.

"Yes Criss, five. Your coming too." Lydia rolled her eyes, giving her a look which read 'go along with it'. Crystal groaned.

"H-hanging out? Like the five of us? You wanna hang out like us, and them?" Scott turned to Allison, who looked like a deer caught in headlights.

"Yeah I guess, um sounds fun." Allison nodded her head.

"You know what else sounds fun? Stabbing myself in the face with this fork." Jackson held up a fork and Lydia grabbed it from him. Crystal looked up, excited.

"Can I do the honours?" She asked. Stiles snorted, earning a wink from Crystal.

"You know what Thomson-" Jackass began only to be interrupted by his girlfriend. Crystal raised her eyebrow in amusement.

"How about bowling? You love to bowl!" Lydia said excitedly.

"Yeah with actual competition." Jackson scoffed looking away. From the corner of her eye she could see Stiles still shaking his head and chewing on his French fry.

"How do you know we're not actual competition? You can bowl right?" Allison asked and turned to Scott, who blinked rapidly.

"Sort of," Scott stated, his voice coming out more like a question.

"Is it sort of, or yes?" Jackson added.

"Yes, in fact I'm a great bowler." Scott admitted, staring at Jackson. Crystal coughed, everyone's attention turning to her. Scott's talking some amount of bull, and Crystal could see right through him.

"Hey, hold up here. I didn't agree to this. Sorry Lydia, but I'm not going on your little date and I'm definitely not going as a fifth wheel. Not happening." Crystal stated and sat back in her chair as Lydia groaned.

"Fine!" The strawberry blond glanced around, untill her eyes landed on Stiles.

"You can come too. See? Now you have someone to talk to about your weird comic book fettish."

Both Stiles and Crystal's eyes widened considerably. Crystal choked on her spit and began coughing rapidly. Stiles slid his bottle of water along the table and she nodded in thanks, taking the water and gulping down a large amount. Hold on, this was supposed to be a double date, does that mean she's going on an actual date with Stiles?

"Oh, uh-- yeah, that's great." Crystal said awkwardly. Stiles sighed not only in relief, but satisfaction. He was glad she didn't reject him. It's not like he likes her or anything like that, it would just be embarrassing to get rejected in front of Lydia's friends.

This should be interesting.

🌙

As Crystal walked down the hall towards her locker after lunch, she approached the two teenage boys whom she had just had a very awkward lunch with.

"You don't hang out with hot girls okay? It's like death, once it's hanging out you might as well be her gay best friend, you and Danny could start hanging out." Stiles told his best friend.

She chuckled to herself. "What's wrong with hanging out with Danny?" She questioned. The two boys jumped and turned around quickly, she eyed the boys peculiarly.

"You need to quit that!" The boy in plaid put a hand over his chest and sighed.

"Anyways, I know you both don't wanna go on this 'date' thing tomorrow night, to be honest I'm only doing this for Lydia," Crystal winced, glancing at Stiles.

"No offence." The brunette said, Stiles couldn't help but feel a bit upset at this comment, but shrugged it off anyways.

"But in order to do that, I figured you might need some help." She continued as she adjusted the strap of her bag on her shoulder and glanced between the two boys who wore confused expressions. Scott raised an eyebrow.

"Help? With what?" He looked at the small girl whilst she rolled her eyes.

"Are you serious, McCall? Your such a shitty liar, I could literally see the sweat pouring out of you." She stared him right in the eye and he squirmed a little. For a small girl she was quite intimidating.

"Pfft--what? I wasn't lying." He tried playing off cooly. She scoffed.

"Scott shut up. Do you want my help or not?" The brunette sighed and shifted on her feet.

"What exactly do you want to help me with?" The boy questioned. Her eye involuntary twitched as the frustration built inside of her.

"Bowling, dumbass. I'm going to teach you how to bowl." She huffed out as she grew irritated.

"You--Your what?" McCall asked, stuttering.

"Oh my god, just meet me at the bowling alley at seven. Don't be late or I'll decapitate you in your sleep." She walked off towards the school doors, the two teenagers still standing awe struck, wondering why the hell she would be helping them.

~~~~~~

This chapter is way too short... Oops?
Thanks for reading!! Next chapter will be posted tomorrow, I would appreciate if you guys commented, I love feedback and as weird as it sounds, I do appreciate criticism, it helps me to develop immensely.:))

-BuzzcutDylan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.1K 601 6
"I've had food brought to our chambers, as much as I could demand in good conscience. Juliet, you have to find Pascal and secure yourselves until the...
95.7K 2.5K 29
' Fucking alphas, you think y'all are so damn great.. The fuck not... ' ' You'll be mine.. You'll see ' Top - Yoongi ( Jimin smtimes ) Bottom - Jimin...
281K 6.9K 101
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #1- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
338K 9.1K 74
'Sometimes we have to sacrifice our youths in order to let people live.' Tulia Byrne has been a Queen for longer than she could remember. Her story b...